Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Desk Muncher Dragon Adopts! (DMD) open by animales

Artist animales [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 12
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Desk Muncher Dragon Adopts! (DMD) open

Postby animales » Wed May 23, 2012 12:42 pm

Welcome to Desk Muncher dragon adopts

we are currently open closed

I own and made this species please do not steal

introduction

Does this situation seem familar to you? Have you ever slipped a peice of home work or a sheet into your desk thinking that you'll find it again? Then the next time you look for that sheet, it seems to have vanished into thin air? Or have you found it ripped and chewed up? With small mysterious teeth marks? Have you ever cuaght a glimpse of a pair of glowing eyes before they suddenly vanish into the depths of your desk? Do you hear strange sounds that seem to be comeing from your desk? The edvidence doesn't lie, it can only mean one thing: Desk Muncher Dragons

What is a Desk Muncher Dragon?

A Desk Muncher Dragon is a small dragon like creature that inhabits the messiest desk.( nicknamed DMD's) Their sizes ranges between rat to mouse sized. Desk Munchers are usualy solitary or living with a mate or with a small group of other dmd's. Dmd's are usauly active at night, with no human eyes to catch glimpses of them. Sometimes they will come out warily of thier desk's a recces time, Desk Muncher Dragons hate organization, preffering chaos and disorder. Each devolps a unique personality like people, there is no usual tempermant.

Diet

Dmd's eat many things found in desk's or deserted items they bump into in their"expedtions" when they venture out of thier desk's. Homework and loose sheets of papper is what forms the bulk of thier diet but they'll nibbel on the edges of book pages, pencils( not pens but the ink isn't bad)earsers( no glue sticks, gross) sticky notes and have also been know to feast on flashcards. Strangely they seem to be attarcted to the ones for HUGE imprortant test. Each one will devolp a special taste( they all hate gluesticks though...)
for example..( you may not use any of the examples, it's counted as copying)
. maybe they love scented earsers
. maybe they love to nibbel on "the Achemyst, secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel" books( those are really goodXD) and can't stand__insert book here__
. maybe they can't stand the heart shaped sticky notes ect.

Behaviour

Dmd’s are most active during the night but can be seen at Dawn dusk or even at recess. Most Dmd’s have an urge to collect thingsJ. Maybe scented erasers, favorite pages from books, pencil crayon’s ect. They live alone or with a mate or even a small group of up to 6 Dmd’s( in larger desk’s). Dmd’s each have unique personalities, but they all no matter how grumpy or shy have a taste for mischief .

Breeding

Yay breeding is finally here. Sadly breeding is not free and I do not want to hear any complaining you can get free dmd's it's only fair that breeding isn't free.
how it works
okay breeding is a very simple process. Each artist has one "bredding tote" which can contain up to 2 dmd's at a time. You can pick how long you wish to stay there( 10 day max)
day 1=10% chance of succesful breeding
day 2=20% chance of succesful breeding
day 3=30% chance of succesful breeding
day 4=40% chance of succesful breeding
day 5=50% chance of succesful breeding
day 6=60% chance of succesful breeding
day 7=70% chance of succesful breeding
day 8=80% chance of succesful breeding
day 9=90% chance of succesful breeding
day 10= 100% chance of succesful breeding
The stay however is free, but when they breed( we will send a pm or post) you must pay one wishlist pet to the artist. If you are breeding between users make sure to get the other dmds owner to approve. Dmds can have up to 3 hatchlings at a time. One being the most common( obviously). simple.
the breeding totes
animales=open
ardilla1234=open
the forum
Code: Select all
I wanna breed my dmd!
username:
mothers pic:
fathers pic:
is this a breeding between users:
which breeding tote:
how long to you wish to stay:
payment:

Guest artist
Guest artist positions are great for people who want make adorable Desk Muncher Dragon designs but don´t have the time. So now we have guest artist spots avliable!*whoops*
slots
There are 3 guest artist slots^-^Sadly guest artist do not get customs, I´m sorry. I´ve seen adoption centers when guest artists are allowed to make customs and some of them only make their customs. Sorry but I´m not taking that risk.
to go for a spot just fill in the forum

username:
why do you want to be a guest artists for Dmds?:
example(please link):
have you read the rules?:
are you famliar with Dmds?:
do you want o be a  guest artist for 1 or 2 rounds?:

There´s no limit on how many dmds you can make per round, just don´t go crazy. If you make a custom this will be counted as breaking a rule, you will be immdediately taken off and given a warning. So please don´t abuse.
*rules for guest artists*
-do not make a custom, sorry guys
-I´d like to check out the design if its ¨still munching¨ so just stick my name in the colour in box. I won´t colour in I just want to aprove it okay.
- you cannot make a bunch of Dmds just for your friends
-I´d prefer if you used my lines but if you really want to draw your own please contact me
-if you want to make a contest Dmd, pm me
staff

currently not accepting staff

animales as owner and artist

ardilla1234 as artist

perros1234 as secratary

My dog Rudy as mod

Emotionless as mod

Dragonfire13 as a mod

rules

1. Read and follow the rules
2.don't be rude or mean
3. do not steal the species or a dmd you do not own
4. you can own up to 4 dmd's( not counting breeding)
5. do not change the gender on your application, if there is no gender drawn on the pic, clikc the dmd to look at the gender, the artist must have forgoten
6. do not post on the dmd's page unless you win( having issues with this)
7. listen to the staff
8. have fun and put effort into your forums:)

warnings/ bans
( you earn one by breaking a rule. If anyone see's someone breaking a rule, contact the Dmd staff imdiately)
Warning one

warning two you are banned from Desk Muncher Dragons for a month

warning three being banned permantly

People who have broken the rules

.:Homestuck-lover:.(1xs)

puppygirl23(1xs)

MissPixie(1xs)

gwynmimi123(1xs)

Icefelis(1xs)

Banners

[URL=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1195909][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2oXey.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

gift lines

click here by ardilla1234

archive

archive by perros1234

Fan club!

thanks to perros1234 and Emotionless for making this!

click here!
Affiliates

Image Bunny adopts

ImageSplatter paint wolves

want to get on here? pm me for more info!

[/center]Questions? Feel free to ask and check out perros1234s"help" post...we don't bite;)..hard
Last edited by animales on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 37 times in total.

wip and stuff c:
animales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Desk Muncher Dragon Adopts! (DMD) posting allowed:)

Postby animales » Wed May 23, 2012 1:11 pm

we are open! center]
[center]good luck!

Dmd´s

Desk#1Image
desk#2Image
desk#3Image
desk#4Image
desk#5 Image
desk#6

desk#1

desk#2

desk#3

desk#4

desk#5

Desk#6

How do I get one?

Have you fallen for one of these micheveous dragons and looking to adopt? Adopting a Dmd is simple, you have to win it by writing the best forum( so put time and effort into it!) It;s Quality not quantity that counts though writing alot about your dmd will increase your chances of winning( both artist are big readers). Make sure you have got the right desk number, gender and on the page of the dmd you are trieing out for has a littel quirk about him/her be sure to include this!

the forum

I want to adopt a Dmd!:D
Username:
desk#:
why do you want to adopt this Dmd?
name:
what will you use this dmd for?:
Will you return this Dmd if you no longer want them?:
art or story:

Contest Dmd's?

All Dmds are won by the most deserving owner, but sometimes a artist will whip up an ultra rare Dmd. This Dmd is even harder to get but very rewarding, I was thinking that if a contest Dmd was bred it would have one more egg or something like that. These dmds often have mutations of some sort.
Returning form

I would like to return my Dmd
username:
dmd gender:
dmd name:
any reasons why you are giving up your dmd?:

please say if the new owner is unable to change the name

thanks have fun and please adopt:D
Last edited by animales on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:13 pm, edited 46 times in total.

wip and stuff c:
animales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Help Post

Postby perros1234 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:35 pm

Help Post

Welcome! I see you have come along the Desk Muncher Dragon adoption center. I am this adoption center's secratary, I keep things organized, running smoothly and I also answer questions! Here is the help post, maybe we can help you write a good forum or answer a question.

Contents
~How to write a good forum
~ Hints for winning

~How to write a good forum~

Username:
Very simple just go ahead and write in your username
desk#:
Again easy! Just look at the adoption post and check which desk the DMD you want is living in
why do you want to adopt this Dmd?
Most people ignore this one, but this is extremely important! We want to see you want to win this DMD. Do you like the desgin? Or their personality? How did you find us? Anything that they remind you of? It all comes down to this. Very important
name:
Whats your DMDs name? Try and come up with something creative, though if you want to use a common name thats fine, you would also love to hear your name reasoning.
Check the gender, don't assume it's female or male. Check, it's counted as breaking the rules if you change the gender.
Personality:
this part is often neglected. How does your DMD act like? Give some examples, anything odd they do? What is their favourite food? Which food do they hate the most? Very important.
what will you use this dmd for?:
Art? Stories? You can only RP with them in a special RP that animales might make. Make a special thread? Character? We'd like to know
Will you return this Dmd if you no longer want them?:
answer the question
art or story:
In this part of the forum, we want to see you do a little piece of art or a story. Poems are also accepted. The art can be any style, digital or traditional. You may order art too. For the story, it´s up to you. Maybe a typical day, how you came to find them, ect. We just want to see some effort put into here.

·Hints To winning·
-I can´t tell you exactly how to win but I can give you some good tips.
First tip is effort. Simple as that. A lot of people hardly put any effort into their forum, but it´s that what we look for. We want to see that you want that DMD and that you will put time into writting a good forum. C:
Second tip, stay on our good side. If you keep breaking rules, you most likely will not be able to bring the DMD home. Sorry.
Read the rules. So many people ignore out rules, go over them to make sure you haven´t missed one or mis read one. It will help you stay on our good side.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q is question and A is answer.
Q: Can I give my DMD away? Can I resell it or trade it?
A: No, it´s against the rules. If you no longer want your DMD bring it back here. Where we will try and find another home for it.
Q:Will my DMD grow?
A: No, your DMD will not change unless you are told so.
Q:Can I go for more than one DMD?
A: Yes, but you can only win one in the round. So keep that in mind when applying.
Q: Do I have to do some art or write a story? Do I have to do a poem?
You can do all of these things but you have to do one at least. Sorry
Last edited by perros1234 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:26 am, edited 9 times in total.
My two lovely little Pommies. <3 The one on the left is Will not be active for a while
perros1234

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Desk Muncher Dragon Adopts! (DMD) Posting allowed:)

Postby animales » Wed May 23, 2012 1:42 pm

Bumpies!:D ready for bussinse, you can post now:) remeber do not post unless on a DMD's page unless you won, post here:D

wip and stuff c:
animales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Wed May 23, 2012 2:03 pm

If I posted a form, would I be able to edit it later, or should I wait until I can post it completed? :]

Also, how exactly do the adoptions work? Is it a 'first come, first served', or is there a time-frame in which to post forms, after which the best is chosen?

These little dudes are very cute, btw! And I love the idea. :]
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby perros1234 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:25 pm

June Bug wrote:If I posted a form, would I be able to edit it later, or should I wait until I can post it completed? :]

Also, how exactly do the adoptions work? Is it a 'first come, first served', or is there a time-frame in which to post forms, after which the best is chosen?

I beilve you can edit your forum as many times as you like, and I also beilive that these ones are best forum wins. You won't be allowed to edit after June 2nd. Since that is when they judge. I'm glad that someone likes them! I hope to see your forum soon!
My two lovely little Pommies. <3 The one on the left is Will not be active for a while
perros1234

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Wed May 23, 2012 3:34 pm

perros1234 wrote:
June Bug wrote:If I posted a form, would I be able to edit it later, or should I wait until I can post it completed? :]

I beilve you can edit your forum as many times as you like, and I also beilive that these ones are best forum wins. You won't be allowed to edit after June 2nd. Since that is when they judge. I'm glad that someone likes them! I hope to see your forum soon!

Wonderful! Then I may add to his story a little and/or make another drawing then. :]

username: June Bug
desk #: 1
why do you want to adopt?: I saw this little guy by accident actually, with the newly-made drawings featured on the main forum page. Immediately, I loved him and I was so happy to see that he was up for adoption so I felt I just had to give it a try.
name: Poe
Personality: In short, Poe is a sleepy, quiet sort of guy with a high level of curiosity.
He rarely says anything aside from the occasional hum, and has a bit of a naughty streak, thinking it funny to hide strange things in his desk home just to see the surprised reactions from the student using it.
His favorite books are usually science textbooks, but he also enjoys the odd science fiction novel. Most often, when he finds one of these books, he will eat out a hollow in it and nap in the hollow as he munches on the remaining bits of it.
what will you use this Dmd for? Art mostly. :] I'm a doodler and I love having a cute, fun little critter to add to my daily doodles. I don't RP much and not at all on CS, but he'd certainly be getting love just about every day in my drawings.
Will you return this Dmd if you don´t want them? Certainly! :]
art/story:
*tap tap tap tap*
The kid was bored again apparently, and disrupting Poe's sleep with his incessant tapping. He dug himself further into the far corner of the desk and tried to block out the annoying sound with a wad of an old history report. It had a nasty bitter taste so he refused to eat it, but it was decent for blocking out unwanted sounds. Finding that it provided a bit more peace, he drifted back into his peaceful nap.
The lunch bell woke him, though not roughly. Despite the sound being harsh, it was something so familiar, for him, it was more like being woken with a gentle whisper. Poe yawned and stretched, then made his way through the clutter to the front of his desk. The kid had jumped up and run out as soon as he's heard the bell, but Poe knew it would be wise to wait before making any ruckus. The slower kids would take a few minutes to clear out. Peaking around a ripped notebook, he watched the stragglers file out.
The little dragon grinned. Most days, this would be his chance to find something gooey or prickly to hide in the kid's pencil case, but today, he had a different agenda. The teacher had just brought in a brand new set of Biology textbooks and he was determined to get himself burrowed into one before they all came back. He quickly scurried across to the cupboard, squeezed through the sliding doors and gave them a good shove, opening it just enough to squeeze a book through.
Once he'd chosen one, he frantically dragged it across the floor, determined to get it up and into his desk. The hardest part was getting it from the floor to the desk opening, but with a lot of huffing and struggle, he finally squeezed it in and managed to bury it under the clutter just before the second bell rang. A huge sigh of relief and little wiggle of victory and he settled right into his next task of making his new book into a cozy snack/bed combo. By tomorrow, the annoying drumming of the bored kid would be but a memory.
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby perros1234 » Wed May 23, 2012 3:54 pm

glad to see your forum! Good luck!
perros1234

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby animales » Thu May 24, 2012 9:44 am

Bump:)great forum, the art is amazing!

wip and stuff c:
animales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby staff delete » Thu May 24, 2012 9:52 am

OMG it is so cute! Can I be an artist?
delete
staff delete

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me