Overwatch Fanclub! V1

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Overwatch Fanclub! V1

Postby Swishy & Broken » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:28 pm

I meant- she's slow and needs to be up close to the enemy. She can't heal herself without being that close and it's a real struggle for someone who is *terrible* at close combat stuff in game. And I can't use her hook because I'm so bad at aiming anyways so >~< Not really a fan but I do love the character
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GhoulishDes » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:04 am

I wanna join :D
Overwatch fave character/s/?-
Reaper and Widowmaker
Pies
/don't remove that Pies thingy xD/
ImageImageImage

━━━ revenge ━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding link link link
└────────────┘
┌────────────┐
Hello! I go by they/them pronouns
mostly into music, art, and trades.
feel free to
pm me about similar interests,
or art trades ! microwave,
mcr, title fight, free throw etcc

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
GhoulishDes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FLYBOY » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:44 am

I still think they made a mistake making Brigitte a healer. The healer roster is pretty skewed now; with so many secondary healers and so few main healers, more often than not you're going to be struggling to heal a team with a combo that just doesn't have the steady healing output to keep everyone up. If they wanted to add another healer they should've at least made her a real healer. Instead she's a hybrid between a healer and a tank who doesn't do either well. Very low healing ability and it's very hard for her to be a functional tank for anyone but herself. Basically, her job is to stand around, heal a little bit every so often, and be annoyingly hard to kill.
Part of the dynamic of support heroes is that they're innately vulnerable heroes who rely on either their team or their own skill to stay alive. Brigitte just stays alive for a ridiculously long time with her large health pool, armor, barrier, and self heal. She doesn't feel like a support at all- but she's not like Sym, who generally fills the DPS slot in a team comp. People pick her as a healer but she's not a reliable and steady healer; if you combo her with another secondary healer like Lucio or Zenyatta your team is going to have a lot of trouble staying alive.
Plus, her shield bash ability is just annoying. It's very fast, and has a rather short cooldown. And it's a stun. Since the ult changes where certain ults will just vanish entirely if you're stunned during the cast, having another low-cooldown, hard to avoid stun ability just makes it easier to lose your ult in the most frustrating way.
All in all, in my opinion Brigitte was a really cool character concept but a mechanically annoying addition to the game. I'm just glad they didn't add her to comp yet- but I'm having a lot more trouble even warming up for comp in qp because every game has an auto-lock Brigitte on every team. Since I play Lucio in comp, working with her is almost impossible and working against her is just annoying. So I probably won't be playing this game much at all until the hype has died down a bit.
xxxxxxxxx
┌──────────────┐
link • eldemore
link • link

────── ──────

male // bi // 18+ // usa
↠formerly rebel scum, reyes, ellis.
↠just here for the rp
↠ trying to finish my eldemore wishlist

└──────────────┘
FLYBOY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GhoulishDes » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:38 am

I totally agree, she's a mess of a support character. She's too strong and incredibly annoying. I was playing No Limits, and I was the only one not playing her, so I switched to Diva in hopes of staying alive longer and doing some massive damage to them. However, when my ult loaded, I sent it straight into the middle of four of them and it didn't even crack the shields all the way.

She's a great concept, terrific for storyline, and fabulous on paper. But putting her into gameplay is... well :/
ImageImageImage

━━━ revenge ━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding link link link
└────────────┘
┌────────────┐
Hello! I go by they/them pronouns
mostly into music, art, and trades.
feel free to
pm me about similar interests,
or art trades ! microwave,
mcr, title fight, free throw etcc

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
GhoulishDes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoonlightAngela » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:53 am

I think she fits more of a tank than support. I play Brigette similarly to how I played the old Dva. (Dva with no missiles and the longer defense matrix.) I'm not saying exactly though, I just noticed it was a little similar. Her shield is like the old defense matrix where you could get up close and do damage while protecting yourself by spamming shield/ defense matrix.

Brigette is better with a team that stays close together. (For example: Brigette, Reinhardt, soldier, Mercy, Mei, and Traced.) Her healing ability can heal people who are at a farther distance or give them armor. She is great against enemy teams who have a similar setup. Big, brawling teamfights is where she fits in. If the enemy team has characters that are better more split up or can shoot a far distance, then she may not be a good pick.

I also think she helps with the situation I always end up in,
especially in quickplay. Your team is picking who they are but there are no tanks, and only one support. You either pick tank, or support, but that other important role is still missing. Since she fits a little with both roles, Brigette can help fix up teams that don't go together so well.

Heya, I'm MoonlightAngela. And I have been a member since 2013 on ChickenSmoothie. However, I had taken a break from this site for about a year and a half, but now I'm back. Yay! I am hoping to catch up on what I missed, and have a good time on this site again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are some random
little facts about me.
I don't have a particular
favorite color, but I just
like good color schemes.
I'm lesbian (woo, gay!).
I make drawings and some
others types of art, and
plan on starting to get
into digital art seriously
soon. I may seem nice,
but secretly am really edgy.
My Hogwarts house is
Slytherin

I like to roleplay, so
feel free to message
me if you are looking
for someone. Right
now I'm interested
in Warriors, stuff to
do with mythical
creatures and/or beings,
and transformers.
Also, I am really into
Overwatch. But you can
message me for a friend
or someone to talk to c:

MoonlightAngela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Uchuujin » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:53 pm

tbh I disagree, only because I happened to play a couple of matches with a random really really talented Brigitte player. Brigitte played to her full potential is a decent healer, a terrible tank, but a great way to disrupt the opposing team. She can't survive being the focus of enemy attacks the way true tanks can, but her healing can be similar to Lucio's if you're playing her right. He obviously can do more healing, but she, unlike Lucio, has the repair packs - I noticed that the range and accuracy at which she throws repair packs is EXTREMELY useful. The only other healer with that kind of accuracy is obviously Mercy, since Mercy locks on. But that Brigitte player definitely saved my butt a few times. I mean, she's no Mercy, but y'know, everyone has their pros and cons. I think that once the OWL players start using her, we will really see her potential.

if you're trying to use her as a tank, you're going to crash and burn. She's support for a reason. You need another tank on your team. She pairs really well with Reinhardt, actually. But even though her shield isn't as useful as his, it can be used to GREATLY annoy the other team, drawing some attention away from other characters. Playing her, I've found that the fact that she has more speed and movement than the other tanks means that you can, if you're careful, frustrate people with that shield. In particular, I love watching McCrees trying to fan the hammer into my shield only to shield bash him while he's reloading. Brigitte is also a huge help against annoying Tracers and Genjis, because her melee attacks don't have to be super accurate - they do damage in the whole arc of her attack.

┏━━━━━━Image━━━━━━┓
Curently...
reading ★ No Stone Unturned
playing ★ Overwatch 2
watching ★ Tokyo Revengers
feeling ★ anxious
═══════════════════
about me || my characters
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Uchuujin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby the mayor » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:25 pm

im glad we're talking about brigette. personally i dont like her as a playable hero. as a sombra and mei main, its so painful. i reply on my ice popicles and auto gun for sombra which does a pretty decent amount of damage, but low health. but brigette? sheild and bash and autoheal totally screws me over. i can never kill her because of her autoheal and sheild.she just doesnt seem fun. people have already gotten over her, like doomfist. i dunno, thats just kinda my opinion. i was really hoping i would like her. plus i really really hate her skins. like cmon blizzard. you could done a lot better than recolors and .. those :(
the mayor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillies » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:17 pm

just gonna drop this here

was playing CAH with some friends and this happened :)
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Caelus » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:07 pm

Brigitte feels very underwhelming in qp unless you've got a fantastic team imho. Her entire playstyle is centered around teamwork and that just doesn't work most of the time in OW lol. She's too squishy to dive in and disrupt the enemy team like true tanks can and she has pathetic damage compared to Rein, so most of her strength comes from her team following up on her shield bash/ult. Otherwise, she's just pretty unsatisfying to play.
I liked her a lot on PTR but I was mostly playing no limits hgfhdfgj
Caelus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby akb48 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:49 am

I wanna join :D