Overwatch Fanclub! V1

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Overwatch Fanclub! V1

Postby Captain. A. Stark. » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:49 am

Hyrule wrote:
Captain. A. Stark. wrote:
Hyrule wrote:
Today is the day. πŸ‘€Lunar New Yeaarrrrrr. I suspect it'll go live around 2-3 PM EST, which should be the usual time. p: Luckily I have everything thanks to last year, so hopefully collecting this years cosmetics won't be so expensive. :'D

I only started playing this year, if someone could elaborate on the details of this, that would be great! It sounds really cool!

Well, CTF (capture the flag) has changed dramatically since. o: Before it was heavily defensive and unbalanced if you will. Most teams consisted of Junkrat, Symmetra, Torbjorn and Bastion. This resulted in heavy defenses with more draws often than not. Though some got creative and went attack Torb, Sym, etc. But that was not often. Abilities before did not drop the flag (such as Winstons jump pack does now considering the dev update). Flag capture was not instant, and you had to have your team go with you to break down the enemy defenses to help you get the flag. Solo captures only happened when the complete enemy team was distracted and if no one was there to defend (attack Torb/Sym strat left you open to attack, it was a double edged sword). A strat that was used often was Rein holding his shield up while someone was getting the flag, with some type of an ult push. Mei was used quite often as well, her ult was really powerful since she could freeze everyone's movements and allow you to take the flag with your team. After you get the flag, you run and don't look back! There may be new achievements, but if I recall, there were only two last year. Those were win CTF with a score of 3-0 and recover a flag. p:
Now that everything has changed gameplay wise, I'm curious to see if these strats will still work and how it plays out in general!

Alright! That sounds pretty understandable! Thanks <3 <3 I'm excited!
    β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬
    fal | she/they | musician | psych major πŸ‘
    ♬ - RWC - trades - β™₯ - hanzo - loki - #MMIW
Captain. A. Stark.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Overwatch Fanclub! V1

Postby La Volpe » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:53 am

I'm loving the name of the new Mercy skin!! Red Phoenix, I really want to see it πŸ‘€
    I'm also very excited to play capture the flag, I'm so happy that it got fixed as last year would get quite annoying for me to play.
✦ aaron ── he/him
La Volpe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fantazyy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:27 am

Video of the new items!
I'm in love with all of them omg, though Widow's is still my favorite. Mercy is a close second. I might buy a skin as soon as I get on... I'm not sure if if I'll get a new legendary or something for last year. I can't wait to open my lootboxes!
⭐Zee⭐She/Her⭐Artist⭐
Hello there! I'm Zee, I do art and stuff! I'm not super into trading anymore and use CS mostly for the art forums.
Check my art out on my socials: Deviantart, Instagram, Artfight, Toyhou.se, Twitter, and Tumblr. If you follow me anywhere it'll make my day!
Art shop ✨Character shop✨LF art thread

art on left was done by riimehh and art on right was done by shikairean
fantazyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:15 am

Oooo I really like McCree's new highlight intro :eyes:

And I'm not too impressed with any of the skins, I'd say the best of the bunch are Widows and Genjis. I just-- don't like Mercy's hair, and all the headgear look so weird on the characters I just don't like it much. The only complaint I have about Widow's skin is all the jewelry, but it makes sense for the holiday I guess- so I can't complain too much.
Image Image Image
β–‘
β–’
β–“

°°°°°
xxxxx ❀ Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0 ❀

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancΓ©e and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

β™‘
β™₯
β™‘
β™₯
β™‘
Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiffell » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:19 am

crying bc all the new skins look g8

widows and mercys are my absolute favorites ! I just?? love them sm
mercy has a tail feather and its amazing
Pharahs is also really cool as well! with new updates im like a kid in a candy store
aND MCCREES SKIN!! plus that highlight intro?? amazing
- - - - - -
mangroveclan (stars) | cactusclan (stars)
- - - - - -
im no longer active on cs, if you want to talk/need to contact me please do so through discord or TH!
kiffell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ron » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:28 am

update on my life situation:
i may or may not have cried over the new pharah skin.

(blizz where is the moira and winston content though)

i want to write down more of my thoughts on the event so far but its getting a bit late... so, i guess... stay tuned for rons unofficial-official event review, happening tomorrow?
ron, she/her
central european time

ron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trickz » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:29 am

kiffell wrote:crying bc all the new skins look g8

widows and mercys are my absolute favorites ! I just?? love them sm
mercy has a tail feather and its amazing
Pharahs is also really cool as well! with new updates im like a kid in a candy store
aND MCCREES SKIN!! plus that highlight intro?? amazing

Agreed oml
Trickz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fantazyy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:13 pm

So uh... I impulse bought widow's skin >u>
I'm totally in love with it, I just had to. Some guy called me out for having awful weapon accuracy and... Yeah I really need to practice more with her. I guess it wasn't a good idea for play a lot of mercy for the amount of time I did, but hopefully I can get back into the swing of things and remember how to aim
Edit: Oops he was referring to my super low weapon accuracy. My average scoped accuracy is 44 according to overbuff, but my but if you factor in my smg accuracy it's 28. Neither of the stats are great but neither are terrible, but I think I still need practice hitting crits.
⭐Zee⭐She/Her⭐Artist⭐
Hello there! I'm Zee, I do art and stuff! I'm not super into trading anymore and use CS mostly for the art forums.
Check my art out on my socials: Deviantart, Instagram, Artfight, Toyhou.se, Twitter, and Tumblr. If you follow me anywhere it'll make my day!
Art shop ✨Character shop✨LF art thread

art on left was done by riimehh and art on right was done by shikairean
fantazyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby harbinger » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:41 pm

i got widow in mystery heroes and had 73% scoped accuracy when i died, which is way better than i've ever done before :D my first two shots were headshots (though one was on an orisa and didn't kill her) and then i shot an ulting mercy out of the sky. i was proud lol.

--

some sombra changes have been posted on the forums. thoughts?
    * No longer gains ult from health pack healing

* Weapon Spread decreased by 10%

* Hacking speed increased from 0.8s to 0.65s

* Hacking will disable more abilities. Basically any ability that requires a button press will also be disabled. Here is a list:

Genji - Double Jump/Wall Climb
    Pharah - Hover Jets
    Hanzo - Wall Climb
    Lucio - currently running Crossfade song will be disabled
    Mercy - Angelic Descent

--

i honestly think my favorite thing from this event is mccree's new highlight intro?? i love his little smirk. i got it in my free loot box, too, before i'd even looked to see all the items :D but also roadhog's new emote!! cute!!

i like the pharah and genji skins. pharah's gun in particular looks sick, especially if you've got a golden gun for her (which i unfortunately do not). the other skins range from mildly pleasant to completely meh imo.

--

as much as i love snagging the flag and wall-riding away, it seems more beneficial to let teammates get it so you can actually amp up speed boost without losing the flag lol :"> oh well. what heroes do you guys think are the best to run in ctf now? or just strats in general. i've had some bad luck with ctf so far so i'd love to hear what's working for other people (or if it is just bad luck haha).
x
harb ✦ they/them
────────────────────────────────────────

howdy! i'm harb c:
i think you're cool

────────────────────────────────────────
adult ✦ est ✦ ✎ β™«
harbinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scion Hanzo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:55 pm

I honestly love all of the skins (especially Pharah's glowing eyes??), though to be fair I'm easy to please lol
Mccrees highlight intro is....the best. It's hilarious to watch it with the lifeguard skin equipped (and his victory pose)

@ The Sombra changes;
I was honestly so pleasantly surprised when I saw them?? Because they are right in that she relies on her ult way too much, so in that case I'm not upset about the no ult-charge from healing. She felt less like a flanking offensive hero and more just a hero that did small poke damage and teleport away. Basically what I see these changes as are attempting to make her an actual offensive character.
I also think the spread reduction was needed. I don't really have any thoughts on the hack speed change; I'd have to see it in action first.

I think the ability hacks are absolutely hilarious and are 100% going to make people mad. It basically does to them what it does to Doomfist now; making them absolutely useless except for primary fire. Which won't be a problem if people play smart anyway.
Scion Hanzo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me