Based on Click to view
Artist ZeroToInfinity [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Entry 2

Postby ZeroToInfinity » Fri May 08, 2020 9:56 am

Breed - Domestic Short Haired Cat
Coat - Chocolate Colorpoint (This is the site I used)

Entry 1
We're a system. We will most often sign off with who's fronting.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Entry 2

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Fri May 08, 2020 3:36 pm

This was a very good attempt! Though the colors are off, the locations of the darker and lighter colors are good for a first attempt and the coat you did would pass as a unmarked Ginger Colorpoint aka a Flame Colorpoint. The facial markings could be moved up towards around the eyes like this though gingers generally have lighter color so i'll give some slack there.

Now, color names can be a bit tricky and although the site you linked to gives good explanatory of the gene that creates colorpoints, Colorpoints (along with the other kinds of points) can happen in just about any color. They don't give examples of the different kinds of colors on cats outside naming them but I'll try to give you an example of the base (non diluted and non double diluted) colors to help out a tad.

Black - pretty explanatory, though called 'Seal' in colorpoint terms rather than Black.
    Chocolate - Although you listed it there as chocolate, chocolate is actually a darker brown color. You can see that the nose also turns a brown color in the coat. (lil note, a good way to tell what base coat a cat is if you aren't sure is to look a the nose/paw color. They often change with the coat itself. It can be a tad harder with tabbies and markings that modify the coat as they tend to have it as the rim, but it is usually fairly easy to tell.)
    Cinnamon - Generally considered hard to tell in comparison to chocolate unless side to side, but they're a brick red type color with slightly brighter red noses.
    Ginger/Red - Now, Ginger/Red is a color that works a bit different than the 3 above. For one it always shows tabby, no matter what, even when they're on a Tortoiseshell/Calico coated cat though you can't often see it there. Only exception to the rule is ginger sphynx cats because they don't have the hair to show the banding of the tabby. Ginger/Red is biologically linked to being male or female in cats. It's not terribly uncommon to see a solid ginger female but its more common to see males solid ginger and females be tortoiseshell. They always have little pink noses and paws.

Colorpoints are interesting and have a few other variations- Mink Point, Sepia Point, and Lynx Point, but all except Sepia Points have Blue eyes only. Sepias have generally Green or Yellow eyes. The points however can come in any color a cat can come in, and even be affected by gold or silver shading/modifier.

Sometimes terms of coat colors can be really confusing, especially with cats as breeders like to use fancy terms like "frost" for Lavender (the dilute of chocolate) or "flame point" for Ginger Colorpoint (which are always technically Lynxpoint but don't have to be classified as one), so I absolutely understand confusion with terms.

I hope this was somewhat helpful, and if you need help in general with ideas of what colors/markings look like next to eachother or in comparison I made a few charts/sets of colored-in cats to help myself out but that others have used/asked to use and reference before. I don't have down the genes they're linked to but I used the common/base non breeder terms for the names of the coats. xx
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Entry 2

Postby ZeroToInfinity » Fri May 08, 2020 5:51 pm

Okay, thank you. I was having trouble with which colors where which so this was very helpful. And I will be going through your patterns to find names and terms.
We're a system. We will most often sign off with who's fronting.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me