Based on Click to view
Artist ZeroToInfinity [gallery]
Time spent 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Entry 1

Postby ZeroToInfinity » Thu May 07, 2020 4:02 pm

Username - dino cat
Have you designed for adopts before? - Sort of, Pheetas, Commisioned Lineart Qeadins, My Own Lineart
Are you fairly active? - Y
Have you read the rules? - Y
Do you have experience with writing/understanding the phenotypes? - N
Are you open to constructive critique/advice? - Y

Breed - Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Coat - Fawn Blanket on White Base

Please help! I have no clue how to write a phenotype.
We're a system. We will most often sign off with who's fronting.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Entry 1

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Fri May 08, 2020 9:04 am

Ahh. I'd first off like to say that this is a very good first try and i'll commend you for your efforts. Theres a lot to unpack here-

So in terms of entries and being hired as an artist, unfortunately with you being a COPPA member, it would be difficult to communicate through the means of CS or otherwise as COPPA members aren't allowed on our Discord and do not have access to CS pms. So even if you made 3+ entries I would have to wait until you're no longer COPPA to hire you. You can of course continue to make entries while you're still COPPA that is 100% totally fine and i encourage that! I just want to make it clear that due to issues with communication the hiring process would make things difficult.

With that out of the way heres a critique and some tips for your entry.

The linework is fine and certainly remind me of the breed (though please make sure to define the ears a tad more to make them less solid triangles), but the markings and coat colors need some work. Pembroke Welsh Corgis are generally Fawn, a dilute of red, but it usually comes with a more tan color with some darker and lighter bits on the base. Theres a distinction between the lighter parts of the fawn coat and the actual white markings they have. The white they have is called Irish White, which is completely opaque (solid).

The image below better shows what I'm trying to explain.
The base coat (the Fawn) is less saturated and has various other shades of red/brown in the coat. The lighter bits that aren't quite white are part of the fawn base.
The white (the Irish) is more solid, having a lot less blending and more sharp lines that show where the white actually reaches. Irish white reaches the upper part of the front legs and at the least the toes of the back, as is standard for the coat, and connect the neck's white with the face's white.
The nose and eyes are accurate and don't need changing, but I'd suggest practicing more and absolutely using various references.
You're on a good path and just need a bit of practice!

Coat- Fawn with Irish White
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZeroToInfinity » Fri May 08, 2020 9:13 am

Ok, thank you very much. I completely understand the COPPA issues but I will keep making entries and trying to improve. I use a trackpad so I have a lot of improving to do. I will work on ears more. I will also work on doing lighter and darker bits on the same coat. It will be a while till my next entry because I am gonna practice ears and coats. I will also be doing more research on dog patterns. I will also work on Irish White using editable Oekaki board so I don't have to stress about lines and patterns. Thank you so much for the input I really needed it.
We're a system. We will most often sign off with who's fronting.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Fri May 08, 2020 3:00 pm

dino cat wrote:Ok, thank you very much. I completely understand the COPPA issues but I will keep making entries and trying to improve. I use a trackpad so I have a lot of improving to do. I will work on ears more. I will also work on doing lighter and darker bits on the same coat. It will be a while till my next entry because I am gonna practice ears and coats. I will also be doing more research on dog patterns. I will also work on Irish White using editable Oekaki board so I don't have to stress about lines and patterns. Thank you so much for the input I really needed it.

No problem! I’ll be excited to see you’re improvement!! If you need any help with coats, either the terms or advice when making them let me know and I’ll be happy to help.

Imageℝ𝕖𝕚 ❀ 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕪/𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕞 ❀ 𝔸𝕕𝕦𝕝𝕥Image
《━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━》
ImageImageImageℂ𝟜ℂ 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕊𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕤 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕋𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕊𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕔𝕖ℂ𝕊𝕋

« Hello! My name is Rei, I'm a chronically ill and neurodivergent artist
and designer. I've been on CS since 2012 and am generally friendly if
a bit intimidated by strangers. I am most active on discord so please
contact me there under the user HeyRei if you need anything! »

𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞: 𝕊𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕕 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕊𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕥𝕖𝕣 , ℝ𝕚𝕤𝕖 , ℝ𝕖𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟 ,𝕂𝕖𝕝𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕤
《━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━》
𝕊𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕣 𝔸𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕝𝕤
ImageImageImageImage
~HєуRєι~