Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

š“†¸ Gli-Gel Studios, Calling All Artists! by mediocre mackerel

Based on Click to view
Artist mediocre mackerel [gallery]
Time spent 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

š“†¸ Gli-Gel Studios, Calling All Artists!

Postby mediocre mackerel » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:37 pm

So you're interested in getting a job at Gli-Gel Studios eh?
Well, be sure to read this extensive guide... (optional, but recommended)

(Oh and make sure to read the artist rules!)

Make sure to make a cover regardless of how many entries you make! You can make as many entries as you wish~

The Extensive Artist Guide!

Okay first things first, how do you draw a limb as gli-gelled? Let's use our mascot, Glig, as an example:
You can see that the outline of the gli-limb is blue. To be exact, the hex code is #00a1ff. You can use the dropper tool on the title's words for the the same color too. To get this look, use lock alpha to make the lines of the desired limb (not entire body!) blue (using the provided hex code or dropper), along with the feet lines since they're a separate layer. It'll make more sense once you actually get your hands on it. As for the inside, the hex code is #9cdcff.

Gli-gel is supposed to be opaque, but I removed this feature from the artist guide since it's excruciatingly difficult. And yes, it's actually opaque! I'll show you:
A strawberry was the only thing I had in mind

Ignore this striked-out section, it was the section about opacity

To get this opacity, you must erase all existing color from the area that will become into gli-gel (the feet color are also on a different layer, so erase that too), making sure that you aren't erasing on lock alpha, and you aren't just hiding the layers. Then, set the pencil tool's opacity around 100. With the pen tool at opacity 100 and at the blue color mentioned above (or a similar blue color; doesn't have to be exact), start coloring in the area you erased, all in one stroke, which means you will probably go out of the lines like this.:

If you don't do it in one stroke it'll look like this, uneven and weird:
It's still okay if you use more than one stroke, just don't do it to the point where it's not opaque anymore ya know?
Now erase any blue that got out of the lines, and you're done!

More stuff you might wanna know:
-There are artist notes on the oekaki to help ya (;
-The layers are organized into sections by hidden layers named: ----------------

Now, I really apologize for making you read all this. I know it's a lot. But that's why artists receive one myo (make your own) gg of any rarity they want for every six gg they make! (Just please don't make 5 rare myos straight) :D

If I like your entry, I'll post on it or PM you saying you've become an artist, and you shall be added to the list of artists!

What you don't have to do:
~make it based on a real frog, as long as it looks like one~
~complain~
Last edited by mediocre mackerel on Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

platy she/her
came back for the oekaki (again)

insta gallery artfight
mediocre mackerel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: š“†¸ Gli-Gel Studios, Calling All Artists!

Postby mediocre mackerel » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:34 pm

Maybe res? Now open to mark!

platy she/her

insta gallery artfight
mediocre mackerel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: š“†¸ Gli-Gel Studios, Calling All Artists!

Postby mediocre mackerel » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:56 pm

Bump!

platy she/her

insta gallery artfight
mediocre mackerel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups