~ Character Secret Santa (Closed! read last post please!) by >> Leafstorm515

Based on Click to view
Artist >> Leafstorm515 [gallery]
Time spent 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
43 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

~ Character Secret Santa (Closed! read last post please!)

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:52 pm

ImageImageImage
What is this about? wrote:This event was started by Rescue2001, and is a fun way to get into the Christmas Spirit and get some great new characters! I decided to help out, since character design is something I'm really passionate about. This secret santa event focuses around the gift of character design, and is open to anyone who would like to join. To join, simply fill out the form located below and post here on the main page. Each person who signs up with be randomly assigned to another person and they will gift that person during the time slot, which in the event is between December 24th-December 26th! The only required gift is the person you are assigned to, however you may choose to gift anyone else participating at random for more fun!
There is also an option to make art of already made characters for those who aren't comfortable with design! Everyone is welcome to join. ♡

Important Dates and Information wrote:This event will open on December 4th and will remain open to forms for 10 days, closing to new forms/form edits on December 14th. On that day, Rescue and I will randomly assign you a user to gift so be sure to check your pm's! Users will have roughly 10 days to make their gifts and then between December 24th-26th users will send/reveal their gifts. Think of a fun way to give your gift!

ImageImageImage
~ Rules for Participation:
~ Be courteous and kind! All skill levels are welcome, and every gift is to be appreciated.
~ If you sign up to gift someone, you must follow through! If you do not gift your person within the time slot, you will not be allowed to participate in future events, and will not be given the character that was meant for you. (Only exception to this is if you have a valid reason, in which case please pm either Rescue2001 or I so we can let your giftee know that they weren't forgotten about!)
~ If you use a premade lineart, please be sure to credit the original artist and pay attention to their rules. If the lines are not to be used for profit, make a note to the person you are gifting so they know they can't sell the character off those lines.
~ These characters are gifts, and are surprises! No one is required to keep the design they get, since characters are based on connection it would be unfair to be otherwise. But please be kind and thankful, and also make sure to follow the artist's rules when readopting/trading/etc.
~ Don't pm/tell the person you are gifting that you are their secret santa!! That ruins the surprise for you and them!
~ if you opt to do art of preexisting characters for your secret Santa, at least 1 peice must be a colored bust/halfbody with a preferance for full body art. Sketchy styles are fine, but must include fully color to be counted.

DO'S:
~ Do use premade lines if you aren't comfortable making your own! Both custom lined characters and premade lined characters are allowed. Try to use very versatile lines with clear rules, such as Tealea's lines (since they allow characters to be sold/traded and are super fun to work with!) But ANY lines are welcome!
~ Do make custom lines if you like!
~ Do go above and beyond if you want! Do as much as you want!
~ Do make a minimum of 1 character. 1 is required, but any you feel like making beyond that are great.
~ Put effort into your designs. All skill levels are welcome, but do pay attention to the person's form as you design. You want to make sure they like the character, and making sure to understand what they like/dislike is the best way to do this. If you are concerned about weather your design is 'quality' enough, feel free to pm Rescue2001 or I and we will do our best to help you!
~ Do keep your design covered and anonymous until the gifting time!
~ Do include at least 1 and up to 5 pre-existing characters in your form that you want art of, incase the person assigned to gift you prefers to make art rather than design

DON'Ts
~ Do not use premade characters. You should design a character based on your giftee's form.
~ Do not steal or copy an already existing design. You will be caught and reported.
~ Do not order a custom character from someone else for your giftee. We will do our best to see that your assigned to someone who you are able to gift! if you are having trouble, feel free to pm either of us and we can help out.
- Do not forget to credit the original artist! This is really important, we want every artist to get their credit and it makes a difference to credit right away.
- Do not ignore the person you are gifting's likes/dislikes etc. Please base your character on what they like.
~ Do not tell anyone who you are gifting!

ImageImageImage

Please fill out the form to enter, deleting everything in parenthesis!
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Species you would like:(List as many as you like!)[/b]
[b]Are there any lines you especially like?: [/b]
[b]Any gender preferences?:[/b]
[b]Design inspiration: (This can include palettes, color ideas, descriptions etc! Please provide multiple things so your santa has options to choose from!) [/b]
[b]Things you like/dislike in designs:[/b]
[b]Other information:[/b]
[b]Premade characters you would like art of: (1- 5 characters, please try to include a variety so there's a good chance someone can draw them!)[/b]
[b]Do you prefer to be gifted character designs or art?[/b]
[b][i]By posting this form, I affirm that I have read all the rules and promise to gift my secret santa during the gifting time.[/i][/b]

credit for divder 1
credit for divider 2
Last edited by >> Leafstorm515 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:22 am, edited 14 times in total.

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~ List of participants

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:53 pm

ImageImageImage
Users participating:
x1x >> Leafstorm515 sent and received!
x2x Rescue2001 sent and received!
x3x MagnificentSans
x4x Jayde~ sent and received!
x5x Scottish9
x6x Creamflame sent and received!
x7x SpaceSocks_
x8x ☁Lady Raincloud☁ sent and received!
x9x Imaginary sent and received!
x10x Regulus Black sent and received
x11x TheSongOfTheStars sent and received!
x12x Jack
x13x Vannillamelon sent and received!
x14x tea! sent and received!
x15x crutchie_ (Sent their gifts, needs to receive their gifts still)
x16x Falloutatthedisco
x17x Bluestar♥︎
x18x silver ~ sent and received!
x19x ikigai snet and recieved!
x20x q1q2q3q4 (Has sent their gifts, needs to receive their gifts still)
x21x Cookie_Lover
x22x flower boy
 x23x Infected Souls sent and received!
x24x BlueEyedKite (has sent their gifts, needs to receive their gifts still)
x25x Pandacat101
x26x cosmic-quark
 x27x evertheweather sent and received!
x28x rockosaur sent and received!
x29x ƜαтєяƜσƖf600 sent and received!
x30x IceFlurry
x31x jade07 sent and received!
x32x ChristainAnimalLover sent and received!
x33x Chausie sent and received!
x34x xchemically sent and received!
x35x wolfpuppies sent and recieved!
x36x Ravenshadow17
x37x ABeardedDragon**** sent their gifts, your giftee needs a little extra time for your gift!
x38x Emma.
x39x Hoffnungsstern sent and received!
x40x Hyllin sent and received!
x41x LittleEcho sent and received!
x42x WolfwithWings38
Last edited by >> Leafstorm515 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:22 am, edited 13 times in total.

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~ Leaf's Form

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:29 am

ImageImageImage
Username:
>> Leafstorm515
Species you would like:(List as many as you like!)
- felines, both big cats and domestic breeds. Some of my favorite cat breeds: Manx, Japanese bobtail, devon rex/selkirk rex, domestic long hair cats, persians, scottish folds, ocicats/bengals/etc, syphnxs, all oriental style breeds (Siamese, colorpoints,
orientals, etc)
and honestly so many more. I love cats. I also love unique mix breed cats as well!
- Canines, domestic much preferred over wolves. Some of my favorite dog breeds: labs, collies, Australian Shepards, bedlington terriers, rat terriers, kelpies, cocker spaniels, Catahoula Leopard Dogs, whippets, grey hounds, beagles, mudis, Newfoundlands, bernese mountain dogs, st.bernards, huskys'malamutes, golden retrievers, shiba inus, and pretty much everything in between, and I lOVE fresh takes on mixed breeds as well!
- Equines, though I tend not to use them as much. ^.^ I like like large horses, like hanoverians, fresians, percherons, irish draft horses, Clydesdales, paints, appaloosas, pretty much anything a kind face.
Are there any lines you especially like?:
I really like both Tealea's line sets, the older ones and the newer ones. I also like the feline lines by Butter Rum, but I am not picky as long as the design is clearly visible from at least one side.
Any gender preferences?:
none at all! I like to be able to choose the gender myself. ^.^
Design inspiration:

General ideas wrote:- I enjoy unique takes on natural coats, but I do not really like designs copied from pictures. So if you're doing a calico, for example, make it unique! maybe add in a little marking that looks like a heart or a star etc
- I really like red/black/off white combos for canines, and spots/merle designs. but mostly just natural colors!
- I like natural colors, but the patterns DO NOT need to be natural. They can be anything!

Things you like/dislike in designs:
Things I like wrote:- Easy to see design
- Designs that are replicable
- natural colors in new patterns
- Designs based on christmas
- I like small accessories, like collars, necklaces, flower crowns, etc
- Galaxy/space themed stuff, ethereal goddess, dreamy
- New mixed breed designs!
- floppy ears, american curl style ears, plus anything in between! I like unique stuff!
- nice eye colors
- neat line edits
- fluffy stuff
- cute designs
- Flowers (in the fur, in a necklace, tucked behind one ear, flower crown etc)
- accesories that can be removed (IE not on the line layer, on separate layers)

Things I don't like wrote:- Messy designs
- designs that are too simple (EX: one solid color)
- Super bright colors/really saturated colors
- Clashing colors
- Humans/anthros/anything that's not feral
- gore/scary/missing limbs/etc
- Hair on feral designs
- wings
- too many accessories

Other information:
I really love holiday themed characters, so feel free to use the above suggestions and also add in themed stuff! I'm so excited to be participating and I can't wait to make designs for people! If you have any questions about my form, please pm Rescue2001 and they can contact me, I really like to be surprised! <3 I hope you have a safe and merry Christmas this year!
Premade characters you would like art of:
Cash, Tasmanian Devil
Brier, Canine
Shabbat and Shalom, canine and feline
Fellan, feline
Haven, feline
Do you prefer to be gifted character designs or art?
I prefer designs.
By posting this form, I affirm that I have read all the rules and promise to gift my secret santa during the gifting time.
Last edited by >> Leafstorm515 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~ Character Secret Santa (WIP DO NOT POST)

Postby Rescue2001 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:00 am

Username: Rescue2001
Species you would like:(List as many as you like!) canine, deer, equine
Are there any lines you especially like?: nope just please use or made nice clean lines ( would prefer ref lines )
Any gender preferences?: nope
Design inspiration: (This can include palettes, color ideas, descriptions etc! Please provide multiple things so your santa has options to choose from!) flowers, natural colors, natural colors and unnatural colors mixed, unnatural colors, Galaxy, punk, fluff
Things you like/dislike in designs: too much of 1 color, weird/ creepy characters ( I like scars and stuff though )
Other information: if you need any info or anything please have someone pm ( so your not given away :) )
Premade characters you would like art of: (1- 5 characters, please try to include a variety so there's a good chance someone can draw them!)
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2934137&p=114077778#p94458310
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3565595#p112188536
what I would prefer to get/ do: I would prefer to do characters and I would prefer to get art :)
By posting this form, I affirm that I have read all the rules and promise to gift my secret santa during the gifting time.

You can now open this :) thanks so much ( will post forum in a bit )
Attachments
image (43).jpg
Top left
image (43).jpg (85.93 KiB) Viewed 850 times
cameron_by_levilikescleaning-dambfgm.png
cameron_by_levilikescleaning-dambfgm.png (197.63 KiB) Viewed 850 times
tomipaurusadopt_by_lousterdarooster-dad48x8.png
tomipaurusadopt_by_lousterdarooster-dad48x8.png (508.96 KiB) Viewed 850 times
Last edited by Rescue2001 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~ Character Secret Santa (open and accepting!!)

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:02 am

Alright, sounds good!!

We are now open!

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StrawberryShark » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:58 am

Username: MagnificentSans
Species you would like:(List as many as you like!) Dogs or cats preferably
Are there any lines you especially like?: Nope, surprise me ^^
Any gender preferences?: No
Design inspiration: (This can include palettes, color ideas, descriptions etc! Please provide multiple things so your santa has options to choose from!) I like space themed stuff, unicorns, pastel colours, hetrochromia (different coloured eyes) or just stuff which are out of the ordinary!
Things you like/dislike in designs: I don't really like the colour yellow, but everything else is ok.
Other information: I really like hair edits and the colour blue.
Premade characters you would like art of: (1- 5 characters, please try to include a variety so there's a good chance someone can draw them!)http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=3648684
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3549005
Last edited by StrawberryShark on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
█│█
█│█
█│█
█│█
█│█
█│█
█│█
█│█
█│█
█│█
█│█
█│█
█│█
I will become a hero who can protect!
███████████████████

If I crack then I'll harden again!
Stay strong!
Protect others!
Even if it means your life!

When I heard that they were after my buddy...
I couldn't do anything!!
I didn't do anything!!
If I don't act now...
I won't be a man..
or a hero!

xxx[ My TH ] // [ Commissions ] // [ Code ]
█│█
█│█
█│█
█│█
█│█
█│█
█│█
█│█
█│█
█│█
█│█
█│█
█│█

[/center]
StrawberryShark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cedar » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:38 am

Username: Jayde~

-------

Species you would like:
Felines, Canines, Wild cats, Birds, Deer, Seals, Bunnies, Deer, Cows, Lizards, Salamanders, Feline Or Canine + Fish/Shark/Seal/etc. Tail + Fish/Shark/Seal/etc. Fins, Rodents, Bunnies, Dinosaurs

Anything Beside Equines And Humans. Also I don't want an open species.

-------

Are there any lines you especially like?:
Yes! Butter Rum's cat editable and Tealea's canine editable, but, any lines are fine!

-------

Any gender preferences?:
Nope! I Have Many Females So I Would Like Some Males, But Besides That I'll Take Any Genders.

-------

Design inspiration:
I Like Natural Colors The Most, But If They Go Good Together And Are Unnatural, It's Fine!

Palettes I Like:
Here, Here, Here, Here, Here, Here, Here, and Here! ( Please Don't Use The Pure Black, Use A Very Dark Grey )

Themes I like:
Steampunk, cute, creepy ( not too creepy ), magical, and nature.

-------

I Like:
Multicolored Eyes, Swords, Accessories, Unique Designs, Cute Things ( Hearts In Eyes, Stars In Eyes, Bows, Etc. ), Horns, Freckles, Eyelid Markings, Muzzle Markings, Snout Markings, Huge/Fluffy Tails

I Dislike:
Neon/Bright Colors, Natural Patterns ( In Example, A Brown Cat With Dark Brown Tabby Markings ), Fully Saturated Colors, " Edgy " Things ( You Know, Bleeding Eyes, Blood etc. ), Rainbow, Galaxy, Hair, And Missing Eyes/Limbs/Etc.

-------

Other information: I like a lot of things! I'm always up to anything and 99% of the time I'll like a character and there's an extremely low chance I'll hate anything. Just keep in mind my Likes/Dislikes as I don't like some things. Please tell me any rules about the character design and if using a lineart ( not made by you ) please tell me any and all rules, this is the same for your own lineart that you made.

-------

Premade characters you would like art of:
Oakley, Shock, Ethereal, CandyStorm, & Unnamed

-------

Do you prefer to be gifted character designs or art? I prefer characters as I am looking for characters at the moment.

-------

Last edited by Cedar on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:05 am, edited 15 times in total.
Cedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:08 am

Username:Scottish9
Species you would like:(List as many as you like!) Coyotes, Scottish horse/dog breeds, horses, dogs, dragons, humans, neat-looking hybrids
Are there any lines you especially like?: any ref lines
Any gender preferences?: Male or Female
Design inspiration: (This can include palettes, color ideas, descriptions etc! Please provide multiple things so your santa has options to choose from!) Forests, pine trees, rugged, gems, steampunk/mechanical, Scottish, plaid, soldier, spy, cowboy, natural to an extent (or totally natural!)
Things you like/dislike in designs: I don't like wolves or cats. I don't like anthros.
Other information: Feel free to check out my characters for ideas!
Premade characters you would like art of: (1- 5 characters, please try to include a variety so there's a good chance someone can draw them!) Anhrefn - Primal, Anhrefn - hybrid, Zebulon, Kodak, and Bearfrost
I slightly prefer character art
Last edited by Scottish9 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Creamflame » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:47 am

Username: Creamflame

Species you would like:(List as many as you like!) I love all kind of species , but you can allways win my heart with canines and felines <3

Are there any lines you especially like?: Not really , every lines are special themself

Any gender preferences?: Nope

Design inspiration: (This can include palettes, color ideas, descriptions etc! Please provide multiple things so your santa has options to choose from!)

Ideas :
wings
stars
magic
scarfs
bows
fluff
horns
multiple tails

Palettes :
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/629637/&#40;&
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/580 ... _in_Dreams
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/499 ... m_eat_cake
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/77121/Good_Friends
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/723615/clairedelune
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/1098589/coup_de_gr
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/944213/forever_lost
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/181 ... 01_Stories
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/126 ... ost_memory.
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/122 ... _Man_Lippi
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/887 ... _Gone_Wild
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/355834/Bridal_Veil
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/183 ... _e_r_n_s_*
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/336 ... cal_Sunset
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/167 ... _h_K_n_o_w
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/2284054/Mellow_Moo
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/3460920/Moon
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/135 ... ttle_Thing

Design :
Tabby
Swirl
Spots
Starry
Magical

neon clours

Other information:

Thank you <3

Premade characters you would like art of: (1- 5 characters, please try to include a variety so there's a good chance someone can draw them!)
Creamflame ---> https://toyhou.se/1215392.creamflame
Cinderfrost ---> https://toyhou.se/1293164.cinderfrost
Maplebreeze ---> https://toyhou.se/1540920.maplebreeze

Do you prefer to be gifted character designs or art?

No preference , both is fine for me

Last edited by Creamflame on Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Creamflame

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apyr » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:50 am

Username: SpaceSocks_
Species you would like:(List as many as you like!) Fox, DRAGONS dutch angel drafons
Are there any lines you especially like?: Not sure, so no
Any gender preferences?: Nope
Design inspiration: (This can include palettes, color ideas, descriptions etc! Please provide multiple things so your santa has options to choose from!) Black, Blue, pastel, cool colours, Stripes, fading,
Things you like/dislike in designs: i dislike neon, i like huge wings?
Other information: N/A
Premade characters you would like art of: (1- 5 characters, please try to include a variety so there's a good chance someone can draw them!) https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /image.png (this is pretty much my only main
Do you prefer to be gifted character designs or art? character desgins

Last edited by apyr on Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
──-────────────────────
i am only online weekdays at school.if i win a
contest or you need to contact me, PM me!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-────────────────────
hi!! i'm apyr!
i'm a traditional artist who
loves my OCs with all of my heart.
if you ever need a friend, i'd love a
message. i dont bite!

────────────────────-──