Artist Rodii [gallery]
Time spent 39 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Sparrow -Chapter 1, Book 2-

Postby Rodii » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:03 pm

Sparrow

Intro
Since we last left off, Sparrow and Mono found out that Pai truly was alive, but there was something that they hadn't noticed about him yet: Pai didn't have any wings, unlike Rin, his sister. Before they found Pai alive, Sparrow had a frightening dream where the forest was destroyed, and she was bruised and bloody. Perhaps it was an omen, but she wasn't sure. Was it an omen? Will this book tell us about that awful cliffhanger? And why doesn't Pai have wings? Some of these questions will be answered, some you'll just have to figure out for yourself. Enjoy this second book of Sparrow! If you haven't already read the first, please do or you might be confused. Also, since this is a new book, this will be focused more on Pai and Rin, so don't be upset if you don't know why Sparrow isn't showing up!

Chapter 1- Wingless

A year has passed, and now Rin and Pai are all grown up. They have both learned how to hunt, and Rin learned how to fly. Pai stared at his sister as she flies in circles around him.
"Rin, cut it out. You know it makes me jealous.." Pai moaned. Rin landed.
"Sorry, I forget sometimes." Rin licked Pai's ear.
Sparrow called them over. "Come on, we're going for a walk! And maybe even a hunt if you behave." The two ran over to her. "Okay, let's go. Coming, Mono?" Sparrow looked in the den. "Mono, are you coming or not?!" Mono was fast asleep in the den. Sparrow sighed, "I guess it'll just be us 3 today. Are you okay with that?" The two pups nodded, and then they all headed to the forest.

In the forest, Sparrow was watching her pups run around when she remembered a dream, the dream of the forest being destroyed and she was beaten by something. It made chills run down her back, but seeing Rin and Pai made her relax a little. Sparrow took a deep breath, then ran after then. "Hey, wait up you little ones!" she called to them. Then she noticed that Rin stopped running and was staring blankly at a tree. Pai turned around and barked at her.
"Rin, just what on Earth are you doing?" That didn't get Rin's attention.
"Rin!" Sparrow walked over to her daughter. "Are you okay?" Rin didn't move. What's going on?

While Sparrow and Pai are trying to get Rin's attention, she's daydreaming an odd-looking wolf.
"W-who are you?" Rin asked the wolf. The wolf didn't move, just like she wouldn't with Sparrow and Pai. "Hello?" The wolf turned it's head sharply at her. Then it faced it's body toward her.
"Join me, won't you Rin?" said the wolf through his teeth. The way he said it made Rin jump backwards.
"What? I have no idea who you are!" Rin growled. She turned away from the wolf and started walking away from it when it lunged at her, and made her fall. "Get off of me!" she growled, struggling to get free from under the wolf. "What and who are you?!" The wolf got off of her, but Rin still felt stuck.
"What... this doesn't make sense. Why can't I get up?!" growled Rin, still struggling. The wolf grimaced.
"I'm your other half, Rin darling." said the wolf. "But I am Ren, not Rin." Just as things were somewhat understandable, Ren started to fade, and Rin became self-aware again. "Wait! I'm so confused!" wailed Rin before she was back in reality.

Sparrow threw water on Rin. "Get a hold of yourself, Rin!" Rin then fell over coughing. "Ah, sorry!" apologized Sparrow. Pai ran over will more water, only to see that Rin had "woke up".
"Rin, you're okay! What happened?" asked Pai.
"It was like there was your body, but no you, almost as if you died! I was so scared!" cried Sparrow.
Rin looked at them, but what could she tell them? She barely knew what happened herself. So she said,
"I was daydreaming." It wasn't a lie, and that was the best she could tell them. But what was that mysterious daydream? Was it another omen, or a sign of an omen? What is with all of these crazy dreams lately?
"It's okay, you'll probably remember later." said Pai.
Rin nodded, then flew off.
"Rin, I thought-" Sparrow said, being cut of by Pai growling and barking.
"You promised! If I can't have wings, then you can't use yours!" growled Pai. Then he sat down and clawed a pair of wings in the ground. He sighed heavily, then looked at Sparrow.
"Am I broken?" he said, beginning to cry. Sparrow licked his head.
"No, you're not broken Pai. You're special. You're an angel without wings." Sparrow reassured him. But Pai wasn't so sure.

Sparrow 2: Destinies --- Rodii © 2011
Last edited by Rodii on Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Rodii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sparrow -Chapter 1, Book 2-

Postby Galahads_Grail » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:46 am

Amazing! Good first chapter! :clap: :thumbup: