Time spent 19 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Sparrow -Chapter 1, Book 1-

Postby Rodii » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:45 pm

Sparrow
Chapter 1 --- Teach Me

Cover Page --- Chapter 2

"Sparrow, wake up! We're going to lake!" called Sparrow's mother. Sparrow was a cute little grey puppy with white ears and chibi wings. She was the runt of the litter of 3. Her sisters names were Calli, a large all grey puppy. And Sparrow's other sister, Kayla, was all white. The three of them were planned on departing for the summer to a little island south of Suriname. To get there, they would have to fly over the lakes and oceans, but the pups were nonplussed to the fact they were unknown to flying. It would be a totally new experience for them. There mother, who had fully grown wings, sat down.
"Sit down with me pups." She motioned for them to sit, and they did. "Okay. The first steps to learn how to fly. Let's see if I remember how I was taught.. Oh yes! The first step to flying is you lift your front legs. The next part is all about timing. You have to jump with your hind legs, but flap your wings before you hit the ground. Would you like me to demonstrate?" Calli spoke for the three. "Yes, please mother!" Sparrow rolled her eyes. Then her mother did as she had said, and she was floating in the air above her pups. Sparrow was in awe.
"That was glorious! Mother, watch me!" Kayla cheered. She put her front legs up in a tucked position, and she started flapping her wings before she jumped, then she jumped and fell into a small puddle. Sparrow and Calli laughed.
"It's not funny! I tried!" Kayla growled. Then she shook off her fur and looked at their mother. "Mommy, how did I do?"
"Well, deary, besides the fact that you're all wet, you flapped your wings before you jumped, and you paused for quite a moment there, didn't you. But I'm proud that you tried." Their mother gave Kayla a lick on the top of the head.
Next, Calli tried. She tucked in her legs, but they were a little floppy. She jumped and flapped her wings at the same time. She went nowhere. She tried again, and fell over.
"Calli, you must rest!" her mother barked. Calli stopped, and laid down. Sparrow was the only one that hasn't tried it yet. She did everything her mother did. She tucked in her legs very tightly, and jumped and flapped her wings at the same time, but for some reason she went nowhere, just as Calli had done. She went up to her mother.
"What did I do wrong? I thought I did everything correct! I just want to fly.." she wailed. Her mother smiled.
"Oh Sparrow, you tried. That's all that matters." Sparrow was vexed. She ripped up the grass beneath her paws, and sat at the edge of the water, watching her sisters practice. By the time it was time to come it, Calli and Kayla could fly, while Sparrow had done multiple failures.
"Mommy, can we just stay here and not so to southern Somenameplacething. Please! I can't fly yet!" she wept. She sisters snickered behind Sparrow's back.
Calli gloated, "Well at least we can fly AND say Suriname! You should just stay here and die!"
Sparrow lunged at Calli, but missed and crashed into the hard rock floor of the cave. She was covered in scrapes.
"Now that's enough out of all three of you! Go to bed. We will discuss this in the morning. Good night!" their mother snapped. Sparrow looked at the 3 of them. She groaned, then laid asleep. Then she murmured to herself,
"Will I ever be able to fly? Will I?"

Rodii © 2010
Last edited by Rodii on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Rodii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sparrow -Chapter 1, Book 1-

Postby Rodii » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:02 pm

Any comments? :( Where are all those people who loved the cover? Come back! D:
Last edited by Rodii on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Rodii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shai » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:19 pm

I love it! Very cute and sad...
Derp. Derp.
Shai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rodii » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:29 pm

Thanks Honey Dew! :D
ImageImageImage

Rodii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Turquoise » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:54 pm

If you use LWL Pets, please do not take credit for them, and please link back. (Or at the least, give LWL credit for the pets...) Thank You.
Turquoise

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rodii » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:09 pm

Fine. I removed them. But did you even read my story? If not, rude >_<
ImageImageImage

Rodii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Turquoise » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:24 pm

I did, and it's a great but sad story. Very nicely done. :3

(Thank You, also, although you could have just said that they were from laughingwolflane.comze.com. :3)
Turquoise

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rodii » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:33 pm

Yeah, but I don't want to be reported for art theft so.. ya xD I'm almost done with Chapter 3. Just need to put the Copyright on it, then I'm done :D
ImageImageImage

Rodii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catpaw19 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Oh I love it! How did you come up with this idea? Its so creative!
P.S. Do you have a fursona?
catpaw19

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rodii » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:04 pm

Yup! its at the top of my characters. her name is ginger :D