GH Litter Discussion 2022

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: GH Litter Discussion 2022

Postby Swishy & Broken » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:10 am

Cries, all the art of the kitties this year is so cute !!
Wow 🥺🥺💜
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oddity-Lad » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:43 pm

It's about a week into July so the GH litter 2022 is officially over! I'd like to thank everyone for your participation in the discussion this year! The guesses and theories were all phenomenal to read! The dressups were excellent and the fanart was incredible! I love seeing everyone's creativity flowing. I've personally saved all of the Oozrook art to my phone and I look at it daily <3

I'd also like to take the opportunity to say that all of the cats look incredible, and I loved reading everyone's claim posts. I do apologize for the scattered hint chart this year. I've never used Google spreadsheets before so I struggled largely with formatting and potentially disappearing images?? (If I run the discussion in the future I'll explore alternatives)

I will put out the call out again asking how everyone enjoyed it this year, things you would change? Things you'd like to see? I know a bit of negativity dampened the second half but apart from further demonstrating the need for censorship options on CS people felt really engaged in the GH litter so we must've done something right XD

I know there were comments about maybe Salmon Squad items for the future which is a concept that I at least would be interested to explore, I'm of course going to make games, contests, and giveaways my passion project for next year (Naturally the circus boy would run the Salmon Carnival.... (wait? Is this going to be a thing??)) as well so there will certainly be more to participate in.

I tried to be more involved in the front page this year, ie. including an in depth growth section with names, artists, and links to claim posts. Is that something that people found beneficial?? Should the dressup feature be more involved next year? I started it pretty late last month and I love dressups so I'd love a way to feature more.. Like it's own post on the front page, not under fanart?

** Edit: Also as a sidenote PM me if you're hoarding Oozrook! I'm compiling a personal list and I'd love to check in from time to time to see how everyone's hoards are going
Last edited by Oddity-Lad on Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature art by Batman

Oddity-Lad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lotusmoon9 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:08 pm

thanks oddity, i found the hintchart helpful too esp when i wanted to compile together all the guesses :D :D And having the names and claims on the front page helped me in naming all the kitties by their names n artist names.

i love doing dressups but times were a bit hectic and honestly i did start a few but ended up removing all the items and leaving the kitties in their original splendour for now :D :D i didnt want any part of the designs to feel covered lol lol so ill probably do dressups after some time instead after admiring them as is :D but i like seeing other ppls creative dressups!

The fanart was sooo awesome! loved all of them! and moar cool items is always super! :D :D

"I'm the one I should love in this world." ~ Epiphany by Kim Seokjin

lotusmoon9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Omiyage » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:22 pm

Oddity I am not hoarding Ooz, as I do not keep hoards, but was my favorite outcome.

I didn't theorize but I liked reading everyone else's theories. And I really like when people share interesting dressups.

I wouldn't really change much 🤔
Random music I change every few days: ✨🎶
Icon CreditGreyscale CollectionSouvenirs
Thank you to those who have so kindly gifted/traded me. ^^
Imageお土産Image
Omiyage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Palimpsest » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:24 pm

So I used to be around in 2016-2018 and the GH and staff litters were some of my favorite things to participate in. I just came back a few weeks ago and didn't participate in this one, but I loved how the front page was setup <3 Especially having links to claim posts. As someone coming in later, I got to feel involved and see the design's inspirations without having to scroll through everything.

I'm happy with anything that celebrates these litters and makes it easy to jump in part way through!

Edit: I think as a personal aside, my love of these litters when I was younger was very based on the fact that it celebrated and connected with the artists! As a young creator that was really important to me, and that's part of why I came back to chickensmoothie. Because of that I really loved seeing the fanart in this thread and the love and support of it as well <3 I like creation that creates more creation. I think that's cool, and I hope that continues to be celebrated too!
Palimpsest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me