Based on Click to view
Artist Venatici [gallery]
Time spent 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

BWSDA Artist Competition - Open

Postby Venatici » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:44 pm

_______________________________________________________________________________________
adoptionskennel club + factionsarchivebankcustoms and breeding hubticket threadcs fanclubdiscord

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Welcome to Baltic Winters Sled Dog Association (BWSDA) artist competition! Here you will have the chance to try out to be an artist for the team! Please be sure to read our rules below. Enjoy!

Howdy, and welcome to the official Baltic Huskies artist competition!
    This competition will be an ongoing search throughout the spring and summer, so all entries are welcome during this time! Over the course of those months the BWSDA staff will look over entries and choose artists as they apply. Do note that artists are not required to know genotypes or phenotypes, and that there will be different types of artist positions! Note all artists are eligible to participate in any events.
    The types of positions are:
      Main Artist - Working on the adopt lines only, with option to do customs / semi customs
      Nursery Artist - Working on breedings only, with option to do customs / semi customs
      Customs Artist - Working on customs / semi customs only
      Full Artist - Works on main lines, breedings, customs / semi customs
      Ghost Artist - Similar to full artist, except is more inactive; preferred if wanting to contribute to the species but is not reliable for weekly designs. If wishing to be a ghost artist, state the maximum time you expect between adopts in the other section of the form!

Over time if an artist wishes to change position (main to full, full to main, full to ghost, etc) that is allowed and perfectly good, the admins just require permission for the change in titles.

Artists are not required to know genetics- each husky must have them, but if an artist does not know how to make genotypes/phenotypes the other staff members will provide the genotypes/phenotypes for their adopts! Artists will be trained in learning the genes if they so wish, otherwise staff will continue to provide the genetics for the designs if they are unsure about learning!

Rules
    Keep the 'Artist Competition' sign on all entries
    Realistic designs only - either use picture references or genotypes (if you know them) for your design
    All Baltic Huskies are fake, however you may transfer the design out of species or use it as an approved custom
    You may repost your fake entries for examples or asking for critique
    All main rules still apply
    You may make any number of designs, but quality over quantity

Looking For
    Artists with knowledge on how to create realistic designs
    The ability to post a dog a week, even if designs are made in advance (exception is ghost artist)
    Experience in working with communities (as an artist, mod, regular member, or otherwise)
    Knowledge of layers (lock alpha, multiply, add, etc)
    Artists who want to be a part of the community (join the community chats, games, etc)
    Artists comfortable with diversity- LGBTQ+, different religions, races, etc

Benefits
    As an artist, you will become part of the staff team, meaning you get to help make big decisions about BWSDA!
    Monthly custom you can create or trade
    Extra slots, items, and currency
    Ability to help create events
    Availability to receive payment for customs

To enter, you can either make a design from scratch, or [url=xxx]do a fake breeding of two approved Baltic Huskies[/url]!
      (A cover is not needed but you are free to make one if you would like)
    If making a design from scratch, look up coat designs to reference or visit a helpful coat color website; if you wish to do a breeding, please see the post below this!

You may make as many entries as you wish, either under a cover or not, but on your first entry we ask you fill out and post the form below! [url=xxx]A filled out example is provided here.[/url]

Code: Select all
    Username ;;
    Position ;; (what type of artist)
    How often are you online ;;
    Will you be on the community discord ;; (link is above)
    Do you have past experience ;; (I will look at any past experience: if you have experience, please link)
    Some of your favorite past designs ;; (if you've designed something before you're proud of, link it here)
    What would you contribute to the staff team ;;
    What are some of your strengths and weaknesses ;; (please be honest: if you struggle with some designs more than others, it is good to know for the future so you wouldn't get assigned a design you don't feel comfortable with)
    What is a situation where you would be biased ;; (please be honest: if you struggle with judging, we have judges who can help judge/judge for you)
    Any additional information / other ;;

Last edited by Venatici on Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding Pairs + Example Form

Breeding Info
      If you're wishing to submit a breeding entry, look through the available parent Baltic Huskies and choose a pair or two of ones you would like to attempt. Then, pm me with the pair and I will assign you a phenotype- meaning, the coat colors of the design. I will also let you know of anything to keep an eye out for with the particular phenotype, and redirect you to some images of the coat for reference.

*Pairs do not need to be male and female*
      Right now we do not have any pairs: please PM me to have your pairs added, you will receive items in return!

Example Form

Username ;; Morghettio
      Position ;; Main artist
      How often are you online ;; I am a bit sporadic and not available on Wednesdays, but I am available in the early mornings and evenings/nights (and I am on the eastern standard time zone)!
      Will you be on the community discord ;; Yes
      Do you have past experience ;; I do, with my current experience being the previous head moderator for Buttermilks (though I am now just a ghost mod at this time)
      Some of your favorite past designs ;; (if you've designed something before you're proud of, link it here)
      What would you contribute to the staff team ;; I would contribute my honesty, my diligence, and my patience. I attempt to not be biased and not half-do my designs, which requires me being honest with myself and asking 'is this the best I can do ?'. My dilligence is helpful in getting any of my tasks done, meaning I have more time to help out other staff if they need it. Patience is good for when working with difficult users or when I find conflicts that arise. I have been a moderator for species for many years and have experience with talking to upset users.
      What are some of your strengths and weaknesses ;; I'm very good with most designs that are complex, and can decipher / figure out designs that have multiple layers. I'm able to figure out an interesting range of designs and genotypes to produce neat designs, and I like working with odd combinations. My weaknesses mostly lie in color, as I have poor view of the spectrum. One coat pattern I am not the best at is brindle, mostly when it is minimal brindle / reverse brindle.
      What is a situation where you would be biased ;; I would most likely be biased in a situation where I am very close with a user and the user has personally discussed the concept with me.
      Any additional information / other ;;

Congrats! You found a sheep sticker!
Last edited by Venatici on Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: BWSDA Artist Competition - Open

the artist competition is now officially open! <3
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝’𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗’𝚝 𝚒𝚝?
𝚃𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕.

𝙸’𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸’𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞

───────────────────────────────────── ♥ ──────
morgan . he/him pronouns
my love ♥ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gayrosebark bark
beankilogramgiant rat

──────── ♥ ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist