Range Trotter #STF041 by coaliev

Based on Click to view
Artist coaliev [gallery]
Time spent 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #STF041

Postby coaliev » Fri May 17, 2024 6:44 am

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Username: Phönixfeder2000
    Show Name: MR Trouty Dreams
    Barn Name: Fish

Height: 14.0hh
    Eye Color: Yo Ho Ho!
    Phenotype: Apricot Pearl Rainbow Trout Overo
    Genotype: ee AA prlprl RbtRbt Oo

- will always pass bay [A] & rainbow trout [Rbt]
      - mane, tail and fins pass at artist's discretion
Last edited by coaliev on Thu May 23, 2024 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
coaliev

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #STF041

Postby Phönixfeder2000 » Fri May 17, 2024 7:03 pm

Username: Phönixfeder2000
Height: 14hh
Halter Color: Red rope halter
Prompt: Absolutely destroying the captain in an epic dance battle in a full moon night, even being cheered on by his own crew! He was so emberrassed he let her go without saying a word. But he cried. A lot.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━"𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕𝒚."━━━━━━━━━━━

Phönixfeder2000

Drawing, Anime, Music, Pokemon,
Gaming, Vampire Diaries <3

Sad Soul

━━━━━━━━━━━━“𝑰 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒊𝒛𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘… 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒆.”━━━━━━

Treats given: 83
Tricks given: 15
Phönixfeder2000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allybrad » Tue May 21, 2024 9:45 am

Username: allybrad
    Show Name: ABF Gone to Carolina
    Barn Name: Locket
    Height: 14.1 hh
    Halter Color: fin blue pls :3
    Prompt:
    I will set up a Home Alone inspired series of pranks across the ship as I attempt to pickpocket Locket’s way to freedom!!! There will be green glitter, mayonnaise, firecrackers, a baller soundtrack and a really hot iron!
xxxxx
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
she/her
luke 19:10
noah kahan
lizzy mcalpine
tearista
go heels
|| abf
||
||
||
||
||
||
||

allybrad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandora! » Tue May 21, 2024 9:51 am

Username: Pandora!
    Show Name: OHS Fruit Salad
    Barn Name: Apricot
    Height: 13.3hh
    Halter Color: salmon pink + fin color please!
    Prompt: After many, many long months at sea I knew that the pirates would likely be surviving on whatever bits of rotten food and spoiled water that may remain. In the quiet still of the night I snuck aboard, my bag laden with heaps of fresh fruits practically oozing their enticing aromas. Like a fruity, swashbuckling Santa Clause with my sack of sweets I swung myself up to the very peak of the ship: the crow's nest. A few stray pirates lingered on the deck, mostly staggering around arm in arm singing sea shanties loud enough to wake Davy Jones.

I pulled a particularly plump grapefruit from my bag, cocked my arm back, and let 'er fly down down down until it landed in the water close to the ship with a PLUNK. Murmurs of confusion came from below as the pirates scampered to the ship's railing. I grabbed a lime and an orange this time, peaking over the crow's nest just long enough to fling them into the water as well. Immediately murmurs turned to shouts, was the ship under attack?! I hurled a few more handfuls of fruit as more and more pirates rushed to the railings.

"Bloomin' barnacles! It's rainin' fruits!" Cheers broke out as groggy pirates began to swarm up from the ship's belly. Before long, the pirates were throwing themselves over the railing and into the water, swimming frantically towards the bobbing fruits. It was not long until most of the crew was in the water trying to gather fruits swaying in the waves. The perfect distraction for me to creep back down the crow's nest and rescue the adorable apricot trotter who had caught my eye all the way from the shore.
▐▌

Pandora!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥ mizu » Tue May 21, 2024 4:20 pm

Username: ♥ mizu
Show Name: aurora oasis
Barn Name: aurora
Height: 14.8hh
Halter Color: light pink please <3
Prompt:
honestly? at first i wasn't even aware that i was near pirates. i was just fishing in my humble pontoon, enjoying the salty air and getting a tan while doing it. i was REALLY excited to have salmon for dinner. but then i saw a group of pirates in a rickety little boat, desperately trying to catch this absolutely gorgeous finned horse.

now, these weren't your ordinary, run-of-the-mill pirates. no, these were the kind of pirates who couldn't tell a compass from a dinner plate and were more likely to trip over their own feet than find treasure. and this horse - well, it wasn't just any horse. it had scales shimmering like a trout's and eyes the colour of the sky above. she was breathtaking and very clearly outwitting the pirates, nickering whenever they tried to get close.

the pirates were trying to lasso the creature, but every time they threw a rope, it landed with a plop in the water. it went nowhere near the amused trotter. i couldn't help but chuckle at the sight. it was like watching a group of cats trying to catch a laser pointer!

i knew i had to act fast before she swam away. so, i grabbed my trusty fishing rod, tied a carrot to the end of the line, and cast it out towards the horse. you should've seen it! that horse turned on a dime and started steaming - well, swimming - straight for my boat. i was actually kind of worried she was going to try and bite my head off as i realised she had needle-like fangs akin to that of a trout's, too.

as the horse neared, i pulled up my line and helped it aboard. she shook herself, sending water everywhere, and i swear the pirates looked like drowned rats, even from over there. they stared at us, mouths agape, as i sailed away with the horse, now munching happily on the carrot.

"ye haven't seen the last of us!" the pirate captain called out, shaking his fist. but i could tell his heart wasn't in it. they were already arguing about whose turn it was to bail out the water from their leaky rowboat. tbh he probably just wanted her to sell, which broke my heart a little as she began sniffing at my pockets for another carrot. she really was a sweetheart.

and that's how i rescued a fish horse from a band of the least intimidating pirates you've ever seen. we became the best of friends, the horse and i. i named her aurora for the waves of colours that glittered across her coat. i didn't end up eating salmon that night, but i sure made a new friend and that's all i really needed. <3
♥ mizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coaliev » Thu May 23, 2024 7:03 am

Phönixfeder2000 wrote:Username: Phönixfeder2000
    Height: 14hh
    Halter Color: Red rope halter
    Prompt: Absolutely destroying the captain in an epic dance battle in a full moon night, even being cheered on by his own crew! He was so emberrassed he let her go without saying a word. But he cried. A lot.

this made me laugh out loud, congrats! <3
coaliev

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me