Username: rainbowspongefactory
    Name: Lacuna
    Height: 20 in
    Weight: 32 lbs
    Color: Black and Dark Red Ghost Barbu Urajiro
    Genotype: abab Bb CC DD EE hh II Kbky mm SS tt uu Ll

--

Tell me about a time they were lost!
    This could be physically or mentally, just make sure to include the situation and how they found their way in the end.
    Maximum: 1000 words - OR 2 art pieces - OR 500 words & 1 art piece.

Ends May 13

Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Name Meaning:[/b] (optional)
    [b]Prompt:[/b]

Last edited by Griffin Torrens on Wed May 15, 2024 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Griffin Torrens

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Beaumont Collie #823 - Available

Postby Rawr-Horse » Tue May 07, 2024 11:51 am

Username: Rawr-Horse
Name: VHIK To Be Heard // Monet
Name Meaning: "hearing" or "listen"
Prompt:
As a young dog, Monet's home was hit by a storm, the building and all buildings around it torn to pieces. Her and all the other dogs were scattered from each other and their caretakers/family/handlers. Monet herself was lost deep in the rubble, crawling underneath it for as long as she could one day, before she'd have to rest, and try again the next day. It was dark and damp, hard to see or smell where to go, which way was what.

After a couple days underneath the rubble, she faintly heard the sounds of speaking, people calling out, dogs barking, and followed it. She would stop, turn her head, and listen, and go in the direction she thought the sound was coming from. Eventually she got close enough that her own barks were heard, and she was uncovered. Every dog retrieved and unharmed, they were all back together, and while it took awhile for their house to be rebuilt, she was secure in her home once again.

The aftermath of the storm lived on with her for awhile, though, causing her to sometimes feel lost in a different sense. Any loud sounds, especially those of other storms, would make her anxious, and panic. She would be unable to calm herself down, thinking it would happen again. The only things that would calm her was her best friend and her handler. Together they would join her, lay down with or on her until it passed.

It took quite awhile of slow exposure to loud sounds, and even longer for storms, her handler and friends with her to show her that it wasn't upsetting, that just because it was a loud or scary noise does not mean it would separate her, and that she could always listen and find them again.

It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.

Rawr-Horse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shenanergans » Sat May 11, 2024 2:05 am

Username: Shenanergans
Name: Bayside
Name Meaning: She shares the name of my beloved cat, found as a kitten below the bay bridge ♡ She's been by my side through so many dark times and seems to always know when I need her most
Prompt: It was an overcast morning when Bayside was found lost without her family or anyone to give her the care she so desperately needed. Left crying weakly along the shore, she wandered as far as she could looking for her home. Who knows how long she had been all alone or how on earth she had managed to find herself in this dire situation but her pleas were answered when two caring souls heard her soft wailing and brought her home to get her help. On the brink of starvation, her strength and resilience shone through as she fought for weeks to recover. Though her kind rescuers were unable to house her permanently, they searched long and hard to make sure to find her the perfect home where she would always be loved and cherished. Luck was on their side when a close friend with a soft spot for all creatures, big and small, reached out hoping to meet the brave little one. It turned out to be exactly the match everyone had hoped for! Little did her new mom know, Bayside wasn't the only one being saved from a dark and uncertain future that day. Her new family could never find themselves lost again with her by their side. She always seems to know when her loved ones are struggling to chase their own storm clouds away and Bayside has spent every day since brightening the lives of those fortunate enough to spend time with her ♡
Image ImageImage
Shenanergans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby werepickle » Mon May 13, 2024 1:59 am

Username: werepickle
Name: MSK Kiss Of Death ‘Morte’
Name Meaning: (optional)
Prompt:
~ Told through Mortes perspective -
Castor

As a small, trembling creature, I found myself suddenly thrust into a world of brightness and uncertainty. The darkness that had once surrounded me, though terrifying, had also been a source of comfort - a familiar embrace that shielded me from the unknown. With care, I was bathed and dried, then placed in a lone cage with food and water. Feeling overwhelmed, I retreated to a corner, tail tucked between my legs, head resting on my paws. Thoughts raced through my mind - where was I? Who were these people? What did they want from me?

Days passed, and I barely touched the food or water offered. Concerned voices tried to reach me, but I remained withdrawn, lost in my own inner turmoil, unsure of my identity. Until one day, a new presence entered my life - Castor, a dog both blind and deaf, yet wearing a grin that seemed to radiate warmth. He sat outside my cage, telling stories and sharing jokes, slowly coaxing me out of my shell.

I found myself drawn to Castor, crawling closer to lay by his side as he sang songs and shared his perspectives on the world.
On a particularly warm autumn night, Castor whispered that he wished he could see the stars. In that moment, I realized my purpose - just as Castor had been a light in my darkest moments, I could be his guide, painting pictures of the world he could not see.

With a newfound sense of connection and understanding, I began to describe the twinkling stars, the moonlight casting its grey glow, and the fireflies dancing beneath the night sky.

In that moment, I understood that my own darkness had been transformed into a source of comfort and connection, and that the true terror lay not in the unknown, but in the isolation of being alone. With Castor by my side, I found a renewed sense of purpose and the courage to embrace the brightness that surrounded me.
werepickle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coaliev » Mon May 13, 2024 6:49 am

Username: coaliev
    Name: Remembrance and Forgetting | Lirael
    Name Meaning: named after the protagonist from the second book of the Old Kingdom trilogy
    Prompt:

The Situation:

Lirael, a spirited and inquisitive collie, often found herself drawn to the outskirts of her home, where the boundaries blurred between the familiar and the unknown. The backyard, with its sprawling expanse of grass and the enticing tangle of bushes along the perimeter, was her domain for exploration. Yet one area remained largely uncharted; the dense thicket at the far corner where sunlight struggled to pierce through the tangled branches.

One afternoon, as Lirael roamed the perimeter of her territory, her curiosity piqued by the mysterious scents lingering in the air, she decided to venture deeper into the unexplored depths. Pushing through the undergrowth with an excited wag of her tail, she felt a rush of exhilaration mingled with trepidation. The sounds of familiar chirping birds and distant rustles of leaves were replaced by an eerie silence, broken only by the occasional snap of a twig under her paws.

The Feeling of Lostness:

As Lirael delved further into the heart of the thicket, the surroundings closed in around her, obscuring her view of the familiar landmarks of her backyard. The once-clear trail of her explorations became obscured by the dense foliage, and Lirael's heart quickened with a fleeting sense of uncertainty. Where am I? The air felt cooler here, and shadows danced on the forest floor as sunlight filtered through the thick canopy overhead.

Momentarily disoriented, Lirael paused, her nose twitching as she took in the myriad scents that filled the air; earthy moss, damp soil, and the faint musk of unseen creatures. The sense of being lost tugged at her, but beneath it lay an undeniable thrill of discovery. She was far from the safety of her backyard now, and for a brief moment, she felt a pang of longing for the familiar comforts of home.

Finding the Way:

Summoning her courage, Lirael's instincts kicked in. She relied on her acute senses; her keen nose picking up subtle cues in the environment, her ears swivelling to catch distant sounds. A faint trail beckoned to her, a hint of a well-trodden path leading deeper into the woods. With determined steps, she followed this invisible guide, each stride imbued with the excitement of the unknown.

Through the dense thicket and over fallen branches, Lirael forged ahead, her determination driving her onward. She encountered small woodland creatures along the way—squirrels darting through the trees, birds flitting from branch to branch. Their presence reassured her, their movements a symphony of life in the tranquil woods. Lirael's initial sense of being lost gave way to a spirit of adventure, each twist and turn in the trail a testament to her resilience and curiosity.

Resolution:

Hours passed as Lirael traversed the woods, her explorations leading her deeper into unfamiliar territory. Just as she began to wonder if she would ever find her way back, a familiar scent wafted through the air; the faint aroma of her home, carried on a gentle breeze. Heartened by this reassuring signal, Lirael quickened her pace, following the scent trail with renewed determination.

Emerging from the depths of the woods, Lirael found herself on the outskirts of her backyard once more. The sight of her familiar surroundings; the swaying grass, the well-worn path leading to her favourite sunlit spot filled her with a sense of accomplishment. She had ventured into the unknown and emerged unscathed, enriched by the experience.

As Lirael bounded back into the safety of her backyard, her tail held high with pride, she carried with her the lessons of her adventure. The fleeting sense of being lost had transformed into a story of resilience and discovery. With each subsequent exploration, Lirael would carry forward the spirit of adventure that had ignited within her, forever eager to uncover the mysteries that lay beyond her backyard haven.
    [679 words]
coaliev

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowspongefactory » Mon May 13, 2024 1:57 pm

Username: rainbowspongefactory
Name Meaning: A blank space or missing part
Prompt: Art and writing by me!
Word count: 500
Other collies mentioned: Keeper

No matter how far she walked, how lost she got, or how dense the trees were, Lacuna couldn't get herself to feel anything but emptiness. It felt like there was a black hole within her stomach that only grew with every step she took, maybe by the time she finds her way out of this forest all she'll be is a vessel. Her mind wandered back, reminiscing about a doting mother, four energetic pups, and a warm fire. The humans were so kind at first, feeding them well and keeping them warm. But eventually they must have gotten bored. Maybe she had done something wrong, perhaps she barked too loud, or her puppies were too rowdy. She found herself and her pups left on the side of the road with no home. She tried her best to keep up good spirits, find food for them, but one by one her puppies went. Of course she blamed herself, she should have looked harder for food, found better shelter to keep them all warm, and most of all she should have been a better dog.
The mist was slowly rising up Lacuna’s body, wrapping around her as if it were trying to engulf her into the nothingness she felt. All she saw were hints of the towering shadows from the trees. But then something different, something that wasn’t there before. A glowing yellow light was emerging between the trees in the distance. She halted, tail tucked as she watched the light grow and a figure formed behind it. She wasn’t prepared to meet anything on her journey. As it got closer, Lacuna could discern more features. It was a dog, a big one with a long tail and strange markings carrying a lantern. The dog stopped and placed the lantern on the ground, lighting up their surroundings in a beautiful glow that reminded Lacuna of her old fireplace.
“Hello,” The dog gently started. “My name is Keeper, may I ask who you are?”
“Lacuna,” she whispered, her voice was broken, when did she last speak?
“You look hungry, I can get you out of this forest, somewhere safe and warm. Would you like that?” Lacuna nodded. “Follow me.”
They walked in silence through the forest, Keeper leading with the lantern in his mouth. Lacuna was glad he had to carry it, it meant she didn’t have to talk. Eventually, the trees started to disperse until they came across a large building.
“These humans took me in when I was lost and hungry. I’m sure they will do the same for you if you let them.” Keeper said as he scratched at the door lightly and they waited.
Months later, Lacuna realised nothing was her fault, she was just too trusting to the wrong humans. Where she was now helped her realise and come to terms with what happened and maybe in the future, she’d have some more pups that she could cherish for the rest of her life. She found her home.

rainbowspongefactory

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Beaumont Collie #823 - Adopted

Postby Griffin Torrens » Wed May 15, 2024 4:51 am

rainbowspongefactory wrote:Username: rainbowspongefactory
Name Meaning: A blank space or missing part
Prompt: Art and writing by me!
-snip-

Congratulations!
And thank you to Penultima for helping me judge, all the entries were so interesting and I loved reading them all!
Griffin Torrens

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me