Range Trotter #4735 by strangetales

Based on Click to view
Artist strangetales [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 1 minute
Drawing sessions 4
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #4735

Postby strangetales » Sat May 04, 2024 7:48 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

adopt

Username: Vyraal
    Show Name: A Total Eclipse of the Heart
    Barn Name: Paodok’Draba’Takat Sap’De’Rekti Nik’Linke’Ti’ Ki’Vef’Nik’NeSevef’Li’Kek (Pao)

Height: 13.0hh
    Eye Color: dark side
    Phenotype: black ivory roach posion spots with eye glow
    Genotype: Ee aa Ivrivr Poispois +eye glow

- eye glow passes at 10%
    - light saber will not pass in breedings
Last edited by strangetales on Wed May 15, 2024 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
strangetales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #4735

Postby Vyraal » Sat May 04, 2024 8:24 pm

Username: Vyraal
Barn Name: Paodok’Draba’Takat Sap’De’Rekti Nik’Linke’Ti’ Ki’Vef’Nik’NeSevef’Li’Kek (Pao)
Height: 13hh
Halter Color: None or artist's choice
Prompt:
History is written by the ones who come out on top, not those who do the right thing. In their eyes, those allied with the Dark Side are indeed doing what they think is beneficial to the lives of the Galaxy, and to themselves. That being said, the leader of the battalion that leapt over the wall of what was even partially reasonable wasn't the entirety of the faction, but a near brainwashed legion of those following the corrupt politician, Palpatine, who was granted power Far beyond what should've been allowed.

While the ends that justify their means aren't always, nor often, the "moral" thing to do. For either the "Light Side" or "Dark Side", neither side has the moral high ground in more cases than not. In the end, there is no True Good or Bad, but shades of* grey, battle, and wanton death. The Sith and the Jedi embrace different aspects of the same gift, one taking the philosophical and studied route, the other, that of passion and strength.

Pao's life is devoted to finding true strength, inside and outside, and utilizing that power to shield and protect those closest to him from the harm the world throws in every direction. He is kind, but ruthless, deeply empathetic, but will do Everything with every fiber in his being to protect the ones he cares for.

Edited to fix shades or grey to shades of grey
Last edited by Vyraal on Fri May 10, 2024 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emet-Selch did nothing wrong
Vyraal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MazBourne » Sun May 05, 2024 8:10 am

Username: MazBourne
Show Name: SR Dark Side of the Force
Barn Name: Sienna
Height: 14hh
Halter Color:artists choice please
Prompt: Sienna is on the dark side of the force because her whole life she’s felt alone and felt comfort in the night, and began finding a sense of herself in the darker side of decisions and choices. Her personality was warped and shaped into that of a spiteful and sour individual, from all of her time spent alone avoiding even trying to make friends, as she constantly turned and made off in the opposite direction just to avoid everyone.
MazBourne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImogenEquine » Sun May 05, 2024 3:37 pm

Username: ImogenEquine
Show Name: Darkside
Barn Name: Daria
Height: 12.1 hh
Halter Color: artist's choice, but dark side inspired
Prompt: Daria has always been a passionate and ambitious mare, and she found these traits were more prevalent in the dark side than its opposite. The self-sacrifice that comes with joining the light side is something Daria could never agree with; she wanted to be a stronger version of herself, so why shouldn't she pick the side that would allow that? Finding out that joining the dark side could potentially be a way to evade death was the icing on the dark chocolate cake. Her beloved mother passed when she was young. As a result, Daria wanted to live longer, spending her years pursuing her mother's passions and goals in her honour. With all of these reasons, the choice was clear for her.
╔══════════════════════╗

you don't have to say 'I love you' to say 'I love you'

my poor mental health is a WIP, much like this sig
feel free to pm me to chat or anything c:

⠀ ⠀⠀ artist ♘ d&d player ♘ sapphic ♘ adopts ⠀⠀⠀ Image

╚══════════════════════╝
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ (my goodness, I hope to own a cinnamon roll some day)
⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ Image
ImogenEquine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon May 06, 2024 10:52 am

Username:
Spiritstar3
Show Name:
WR The Darkness Inside
Barn Name:
Daryn
Height:
16 hands
Halter Color:
Dark red
Prompt:
Not a very unique thing,but he attacked another dark side user. He ended up becoming on the dark side because that's how it works. He honestly already had a little anger and fury in him though. His loved ones were gotten rid of by people who claimed they were good..
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Julius525 » Sun May 12, 2024 5:07 am

Username: Julius525
Show Name: "JIPARS" Path of Hate
Barn Name: Elsbeth
Height: 14.1 hh
Halter Color: Dark red!
Prompt: Elsbeth not always was on the dark side. She always had a very ambitious and proud personality, and this caused a lot of clonflict with her herd. Especially, when her freedom and decisions were involved, as she never handled well that her opinions would be dismissed, and that someone else controlled her life. That way, she ended up kicked out from her original herd, and found a new path embracing the dark side and joining another dark users of the force in their way. No one would look at her with disdain, she has now the total control of her own life no matter what others might say.
Julius525

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strangetales » Wed May 15, 2024 4:32 am

Vyraal wrote:Username: Vyraal

congrats!
strangetales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby Vyraal » Wed May 15, 2024 4:15 pm

strangetales wrote:
    Vyraal wrote:Username: Vyraal

congrats!

WOOOOO MY NERDINESS HAS FINALLY SERVED ME!!! Good show to the rest of the participants! ^^ This was so much fun!
Emet-Selch did nothing wrong
Vyraal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me