Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

ST LCA#011

Postby Waytown » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:43 am

Back to Main Page

BURNTPAW
Burntkit - Burntpaw

A Lilac Caramel short-furred oceloid spotted jack with no white spotting.
They have black eyes.

This cat has a scar on their throat.

This cat is an apprentice

Personality

Humble
Skills

Restlessness
Loneliness

TO ADOPT THIS CAT:
Tell me in 200 words or more what this cat's least favorite duty is.
Closes for judging March 5th at cs rollover (March 4th -> March 5th)

Code: Select all
[center][b][u]Entering![/u][/b]

Username & ID:
Archive: [url]link[/url]
Prompt:[/center]

This world, it was made for two
It'll never be whole until you open the door

Waytown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ST LCA#011

Postby Boghound » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:38 pm

Entering!

Username & ID: Boghound 151344
Archive: link
Prompt:
"You've trained harder than this," his mentor's words cut through him like a knife. He cowered in shame, looking at his only catch in leafbare: a measly little mouse. "You have to feed the Clan. Your weakness makes us all weak." Burntpaw looked up and watched as his mentor strode away. Surely he could find something else. He focused on the sounds around him: toads singing, mosquitos buzzing, and the far off snap of an alligator's jaws as it caught prey he missed. Maybe he could manage to fish? It was cold, and the water was colder, but maybe something would be stirring within...

Burntpaw positioned himself at the edge of the bog. A snake slithered by on the water's surface, drawing his attention. It was too far from the edge, he couldn't reach it. Plus, last thing he needed was to be bitten by a water snake! He saw something flash just beneath the surface -- the shadow of a bass. It looked as big as he was. There was no way he could snatch that beast out of the water. He waited, hoping smaller fish would come along. He could feel his clanmates' worries on his pelt. Why was he such a poor hunter? Why did his mentor treat him like he was a useless kit?

Ah, there! He saw a smaller fish dawdling around just beneath the surface. Quickly, he shot his paw in the water and splashed the fish out. It flopped on the boggy land unceremoniously, and Burntpaw quickly leaned in and dispatched it. It was a little bigger than a minnow, not much of a catch. Still, it was better than just his mouse! He picked it up and his mouse and headed back for camp. There was no point in waiting for more fish, he'd surely scared the rest of them off with his catch. He padded into camp with his catch, setting them on the fresh kill pile.

"Burntpaw," a familiar voice caught his ear. He shuddered, looking uneasily to his leader. "Yes, Wormstar?" he responded, walking closer. He kept his gaze averted, no cat who respected their leader looked them in the eye. "That's all you managed to catch?" his words stung worse than his mentor's. "Yes, this is.. all I could manage," he murmured. "Speak up!" Wormstar bristled, claws unsheathing and digging into the marshland. "Yes, Wormstar, this is all I could find!" Burntpaw put his chest into his words, and then immediately shrunk down into himself. "Your mentor will be punished accordingly. As for you, if you want any fresh kill, you're going to have to go out and catch three more pieces of prey. The Clan cannot be fed on dreams and wishes."

"Yes, Wormstar," he croaked, before sulking back out of camp.

How was he ever going to catch three more pieces of prey? Maybe he'd just have to go to bed hungry... again.
-
-
✦✦✦

elijah/eli. they/him. adult. severely mentally ill.
open to dms if you need to chat for whatever reason!
currently in my warriors era.

🌳

✦✦✦

Boghound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ST LCA#011

Postby kaju » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:07 am

Entering!

Username & ID: kaju 1082006
Archive: link
Prompt:

“Burntpaw! Use your size to your advantage. Your opponent may be more agile and swift, but your frame makes it more difficult for her to knock you down.” Houndstar announced as he watched his apprentice battle the other. He watched the young spotted tom knock his opponent to the floor, gently holding her to the ground with sheathed claws. Burntpaw glanced at towards his mentor, black eyes shining with concentration. “Did I do-“

He was suddenly cut off, and fell with a thud as the young she-cat he had pinned reared up, catching him by surprise.

Houndstar sighed in amusement at the sight of his apprentice being challenged, curling his tail overs his paws. Worthy opponents always made training more fun. He found himself remembering his own time as an apprentice. Training was much more violent and vicious back then.

“How’s it going? I hope you’re having fun borrowing my apprentice.” A familiar voice broke through his thoughts. A slim calico she-cat stalked towards Houndstar, brushing against him. “They’re doing well.”

“Well, it seems you’ve definitely been paying attention.”

“What do you mean..”

Houndstar followed her gaze to the sandy training ground.

“Foxspine. They were just there..”

The two cats flashed puzzled looks at one another.

The two mates searched tirelessly for their apprentices, eventually catching the scent hidden underground. “I swear.. when we catch these two.” Houndstar growled, his ears back. They approached a desolate burrow, slowly entering the dark tunnel. The darkness engulfed them, and they walked side by side silently. The only sound being their pawsteps, in sync, and the distant sound of droplets falling from overhead and splashing to the cracked floor.

A few heartbeats later, they broke through the darkness into a huge clearing. Roots covered the top of the cave, casting dim light to dance across the cave floor. Houndstar spotted two familiar figures, measing around in a little pool near the corner of the cave. Foxspine faltered, watching as Houndstar stalked towards them silently approaching them from behind.

“Is that a fish? This place is so cool!” Burntpaw craned his whole body over the water, his tail straight out and his paws splayed to balance himself.

“I know right! Totally beats traini-“

“Fancy seeing you here. Thought you could get out of training?” Houndstar growled

His voice made the two jump out of their fur, and they both whipped around, fur on end.

“Uh oh.”

Burntpaw was forced from then to clean out the elders den in consequence of his actions. He sighed heavily, gathering up the dirtied moss with his paws. There was no way he was putting this stuff in his mouth. Curling his lip at the smell, he quickly rolled it out of the den and towards the clan dirt place. Which was conveniently, a few pawsteps away from the elders den. “Why can’t they just… walk here. Messy problem would be solved.” He grumbled, clearly unhappy with his chore. His fellow apprentice followed him, sighing and dragging more moss behind her.

Houndstar and Foxspine watched, finding it amusing. “I’m just glad they weren’t injured.”

His mate nodded. “Let’s hope they’ve learned their lesson! Knowing them, they’ll probably cause more trouble soon enough.”

“Sooner than you think.” Houndstar remarked, beckoning towards them.

“That’s disgusting.”

They watched the two apprentices toss dirty, nasty moss balls between them, trying to have some fun with their least favorite chore.

“Reminds me of us when we were apprentices, and as kits, always getting into trouble.”

“Hey, we never played with old nests..”

It was entertaining for the apprentices and the warriors who watched. Just two young cats, full of energy and ambition. Houndstar was proud to be Burntpaws mentor and vowed to guide him the best he could.
previously acronymm — adult: she/they
character sales | avatar by paperflesh
kaju

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me