Range Trotter #3900 by Autosarcophagy

Based on Click to view
Artist Autosarcophagy [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #3900

Postby Autosarcophagy » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:48 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

The Steel Ball Run race has been officially announced with a $50,000,000 cash prize for the winner!

This is a Build-your-own-Trotter contest based loosely around JJBA Part 7; however, you don't need to know anything about the source material to enter. The main idea for this prompt is that you'll be creating a horse to compete in the race!

Rules
- Three markings are permitted per contestant, along with one free dilution. Additional dilutions will use up a marking slot
- You have the option to choose either a custom halter, a small edit of your choice, or a simple custom mane and/or tail
- Last, but certainly not least, give yourself a reason to compete in the race! It could be for the cash prize, just because, or some other silly and bizarre reason, whatever your heart desires. (There is no word limit for this entry, it can be as short or as long as you'd like, feel free to go wild!)

End Date: July 24th

Username: Baobabel
Show Name: Reading the Stars
Barn Name: Soothsayer

Height: 13.1 hh
Eye Color: Wayfarer
Phenotype: Black Death's Touch Arapaima Oryx with BC Stars
Genotype: EE/aa/DtDt/RmRm/Orxorx + BC Stars
- mane and tail edits pass at artist's discretion
-star 'birthmark' is cosmetic and will not pass

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Base:[/b]
[b]Dilution (opt):[/b]
[b]Marking:[/b]
[b]Halter Color:[/b]
[b]Edit Choice:[/b]
[b]Mane/Tail/Feathers:[/b]
[b]Reason for Race Entry:[/b]

Last edited by Autosarcophagy on Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dirk ↦ It/He ↦ "Memento Mori 000:00:00:00" ↦ ©

"Between the velvet lies
There's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies
Life's a never ending wheel."
Autosarcophagy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #3900

Postby 24Beaver01 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:53 pm

Username: 24Beaver01
Show Name: tbd
Barn Name: tbd
Height: 13.2hh
Base: Bay
Dilution (opt): Silver
Marking: Bird catcher or grease spots
Marking: Tobiano
Marking: none
Halter Color: eye color
Edit Choice: Would i be able to get a short-cut mane? Like a zebra or fjord?
Mane/Tail/Feathers: Custom mane(loose), loose, clean
Reason for Race Entry: moneh
Hi, you can call me Beaver. Stuff about me: Female, in school, Ohio, I am shy and a very awkward person lol. I am a proud member and artist for Storkatten(Storkies), Rocky Mountain Mini Drafts(RMMD), SWE, and Range Trotters! Check out storkies for a chance to get some magic cats!

Image Image Image

My babies- Image
24Beaver01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Embergleam » Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:48 pm

Username: Embergleam
Show Name: RRS Redrock Rumble
Barn Name: Rumble
Height: 12 hh
Base: Extended bay
Dilution (opt): Pearl (if allowed, otherwise silver)
Marking: Ringed snake
Marking: Wildebeest dun
Marking: Sabino (if allowed, otherwise splash)
Halter Color: Something desert-y
Edit Choice: A roached/Fjord-style mane, please!
Mane/Tail/Feathers: Roached/loose, braided, feathers
Reason for Race Entry:
So... here's the thing. Technically speaking, Rumble never entered the Steel Ball Run. Or, more accurately, he was never signed up for it. His owners weren't about to enter a tiny little 12 hand tall troublemaker into a race against horses so obviously his superior.

Except no one ever told Rumble that.

Come the morning of the big race the little trotter simply... undid the lock to his stall, waltzed down to the track, casually popped over every single fence between him and the start line, and took his place in the starting gate like he belonged there. The track officials, amused by the sheer audacity of 'an overgrown pony playing with the big boys', shrugged and gave him the go-ahead. His (absolutely mortified) owners were tracked down, an off-duty jockey offered their services, and Rumble was welcomed aboard.

Everyone expected 'the cute lil' guy' to get left in the dust. Imagine their surprise, then, when he blew every racer present out of the water.

Rumble's owners aren't quite sure what they're going to do with their prize money, or with the sudden fame their tiny terror's misbehavior has brought them. They are, however, absolutely certain that Rumble is never going to let them live this one down.
Last edited by Embergleam on Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ylesia » Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:48 pm

Username: ylesia
Show Name: Black Thunderstorm
Barn Name: Thunder
Height: 15 hh
Base: raven black
Dilution (opt): none
Marking: Smoke
Halter Color: black and silver (or black and gold if the artist thinks it looks better)
Edit Choice:. If possible, a longer mane, maybe a little curly (something like friesians mane) OR, if that's too much, a white marking on the back showing a lightning
Mane/Tail/Feathers: loose (custom if possible), loose, present
Reason for Race Entry: Glory! We want to win and raise the cup!

Where no man has gone before…

MY TRADE THREAD | ADOPTABLES | STORIES
WIND REAPERS

ylesia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ivyy. » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:36 am

Username: ivyy.
Show Name: BV's tbd
Barn Name: tbd
Height: 14.3hh
Base: raven black
Dilution (opt): n/a
Marking: blanket appaloosa
Marking: birdcatcher spots
Marking: splash
Halter Color: matching eyes!
Edit Choice: mane, longer with a bit of forelock showing!
Mane/Tail/Feathers: no feathers, braided tail and loose mane!
Reason for Race Entry: $50,000,000? This stallion just knows he'll be coming home with that prize, knowing that he'd get endless treats when he would which is reason enough for him.
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taxidea » Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:05 am

Username: Taxidea
Show Name: TT To Finish Is To Win
Barn Name: Distance
Height: 14hh
Base: Black
Dilution (opt): Spice
Marking: Fawn spots
Marking: Dun
Marking: Minimal tobiano
Halter Color: #00ffb7
Edit Choice: simple roached mane and bobbed tail
Mane/Tail/Feathers: mane/tail as above, feathers
Reason for Race Entry: Traveling on horseback across the entire continental USA has always been a dream, so that's enough to enter. But if there's a chance that a whole lot of money (even after taxes) might come out of completing it? I signed up yesterday.
Taxidea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

feu - fire

Postby arcadia. » Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:15 am

Username: coyote,
    Show Name: wisdom of the light
    Barn Name: feu
    Height: 16hh
    Base: bay
    Dilution (opt): demoiselle grey
    Marking: (minimal) tobiano
    Marking: Chaetodon
    Marking: bc stars
    Halter Color: artist’s choice
    Edit Choice: whatever you think fits her. if you want to do a mane and tail edit, ignore the words below :3
    Mane/Tail/Feathers: tail braided, mare braided, loose forelock, no feathers (please!!)
    Reason for Race Entry:

my writings really choppy, hoping to fix that

Code: Select all
     Before Feu was first rescued, she was a racehorse. She lived in a stable, and a yard, and every other day, a trainer came to work with her. It was okay, except for when she lost races. Her owner would beat her and nearly starve her. But then one day, something happened to change that.
    It had been raining all morning. The ground was slick, the sky gray, as she paced in her yard, trying to stay warm. Then, a car pulled up in the driveway, and two people went and got out. They went and talked to her owner, who’s anger could be clearly heard through the window. He said things like "You'll have to pay me if you take her." and "I'm going to sue you!" And he yelled some more about what he'd do to them. Eventually, they walked out of his house and came over to look a at Feu. They talked about coming back the next day and doing something with her. They then left, and Feu felt relieved. She wasn't sure why, but it seemed like everything was different now.
    When dusk fell, Feu's owner brought two men from the racetrack to come and see how good she looked.
    “I need her gone before the rescue comes and takes her” her owner said.
    The men came in and looked her over. One ran their hands down her legs, testing for soreness, while the other kept an eye on Feu. Finally, they both turned to her owner and said "She looks good. We’ll come back tomorrow to get her.”

The next day, Feu's owner and the two people from yesterday showed up again.  Her owner still looked irritated and kept checking his watch. The people from the rescue took her outside and put her in a corral while they grabbed her halter and blanket.
    A short time later, Feu saw another truck pull up. The two men from the racetrack got out of the truck just as Feu was being loaded into the horse rescue’s trailer. The men from the ’track started to get upset as Feu was loaded up and then driven away to the horse rescue.
    Feu spent the next three weeks in quarantine after arriving at the horse rescue. She didn't know what to think. Everything was so strange.
    They fed her grain twice a day, which she liked, but it made her stomach hurt.  She was very skinny when she arrived and so they also fed her a special mix of hay. At least that felt normal.
    After three weeks, they finally let her out into a big pasture where there were other horses. Most of them were older than she was, but many of them were young too. One day, a person came to see her. He haltered her and then led her into a corral for some training. At first, it was just her getting used to people being around her, and then it progressed to riding and basic commands. But, the main thing Feu got out of the training was that she could trust people again.
    One afternoon, Feu’s trainer came to see her, but with a strange woman. This lady was dressed in jeans and a t-shirt, and she was smiling.
    “She’s an old Range Trotter racehorse, rescued from an abusive owner. She generally good with people and is well-trained.” Her trainer explained.
    The woman looked at Feu, and then reached down to scratch her neck.
    “You seem like a nice girl. I hope you’ll like your new home.” The woman said.
    Then they left.
    A few days later, Feu saw a big truck pull up and some men and the woman from before get out. They went into the rescue’s office and talked for a long time. Then her trainer came  out and started walking over to her.
    “It looks like you’re going to have a new home, but first we need to do a few things.” He said.
    Feu felt a little nervous as they led her into the barn. She thought about all the things that had happened since she was rescued. How much better it had been here. They loaded her into a trailer, and then the woman from before drove the trailer with Feu in it out of the rescue and onto the road.
    After about an hour’s drive, the trailer pulled into a ranch. ‘Whispering Rivers’ it was called. There was a large pasture, with many horses in it, a spacious barn, and lots of trail rides.

About 8 mo. later, the woman was loading up another horse, Wish, for the Steel Ball Run, a race with the prize money reward of 50 million in cash. Somehow, Feu was loaded up into the trailer with Wish, and had set off toward the races!!

In the gate. Waiting. Waiting. Flag up. And Go!
    run, run, running. Feu didn’t care if she won this time. She was happy, a good last race.

link to whispering rivers ~
    Wish~
arcadia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baobabel » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:03 am

Username: Baobabel
Show Name: Reading the Stars
Barn Name: Soothsayer
Height: 13.1
Dilution (opt): Death's Touch
Marking: Arapaima
Marking: Oryx
Marking: BC Stars
Halter Color: Artist's Choice!
Edit Choice: Zebra/Fjord type mane; short tail (similar to 1, 2, or 3)
Mane/Tail/Feathers: loose, loose, clean
Reason for Race Entry:
Soothsayer is a wanderer, and this seems to be the perfect excuse to travel the country, albeit, a little faster he originally planned. But he may have a few tricks up his...saddle blanket. In addition to crossing the country, the reward money would be a big help. Behind his mystery, Sooth is a softy who always seems to show up at the barn with another lost soul. This would help his owner immensely with the cost of feeding, sheltering, and healing those he brings home.
Baobabel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Echo Revna » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:23 am

Username: Echo Raven
Show Name: PE Under The Dull Reality, Your Life Is Like A Stopped Clock
Barn Name: Soyala
Height: 15 hh
Dilution (opt): Silver
Marking: snowflake appaloosa
Marking: stars
Marking: eye glow
Halter Color: eye color
Edit Choice: longer mane
Mane/Tail/Feathers: loose, loose, feathers
Reason for Race Entry: Just the competition in all honesty, competition is more than enough of a reason! Racing against others, proving you are the fastest. Holding your head high at the end with the knowledge that you won.
Echo Revna

Postby kijauni » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:24 am

Username: kijauni
Show Name: VEO's Dreaming Of Dane
Barn Name: Lyra
Height: 14.1 hh
Base: Seal Brown
Dilution (opt): Champagne
Marking: Demoiselle Grey
Marking: Extended Agouti
Marking: Macaw
Halter Color: Monochrome with Swirls
Edit Choice: Could it wear Blinders like for Horses in a Race? If thats too big, then a simple mane/tail edit to have it look like it's a bit blown by the wind would be lovely :3
Mane/Tail/Feathers: Braided/Loose/No Feathers
Reason for Race Entry: Lyra always wanted to be a Race Horse. She knew she had the potential. She always was the fastet in every race against her herd members she ever participated in. She was extremely ambitious. Extremely! ambitious.
And that was Lyras biggest Problem.
Whenever she was competing against a horse with a bit more endurance she would end up losing. She'd run too fast at the start, trying her best to not have that horse nose to nose with her. And since she is a late breaker, this always made her waste her energy.
Her Owner ended up retiring her early from races since he saw the potential but couldn't be bothered to race her.
Her future should be the one of a Broodmare.
At night, Lyra dreamt of racing. Dreamt of Winning. Her Legs twitching in her sleep.
Then, one day, Lyra was being sold. But oh no, again for a Broodmare Future.
It really dragged on Lyra that nobody wanted to see her potential. But she adapted to the new life.
When her first foal was born, Lyra was very proud and raised it in the best way for it to be a winner in racing.
Two years after that Foal, Lyra had another one. And so, the cycle was meant to continue...
... when Lyra heard the news, that her first foal had broken her leg on the racing track. A dangerous injury and normally, it meant not only the end of the racing career. The Foals Owner was unwilling to pay for the vet and so, the Foals Fate was sealed.
Lyra had different plans tho. She had aquired a jockey, a young but good man, to help her out.
They had decided to use a trick with her old weakness. She'd run with blinders. Can't have a horse tire you out if you can't see it - was their combined thought. They told the Foals Owner about their plan and he agreed on a grace period.
And so, the big day arrived. Lyra was ready and equipped with blinders for the race.
As she entered the Ring, she wasn't sure she was ready. But as soon as she saw the starting box, she could feel the itch for racing in her. She knew, she could make it. The Jockey on her back and the plan with the blinders gave her trust.
She heard the Start Box close and then.. A Bang.
The Start Box sprung open.
The Race had started.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

She/Her ◆ Member since 2010 ◆ IRL Busy
Dreaming off a full Pet + Item Collection
Pet WL before Hiatus: 12 pages; Pet WL after Hiatus: 46 pages
Item WL before Hiatus: 3 pages; Item WL after Hiatus: 10 pages
Find Me On ➸ LorWolf ➸ FRPfQ ➸ WD ➸ LD ➸ DV

Trade ThreadCollection ThreadOffsite Thread©

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
kijauni

My pets