Artist Penultima [gallery]
Time spent 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Beaumont Collie #696 Adopted

Postby Penultima » Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:29 am

Adopted

Happy Pride Month! Like usual, I'll be posting a series of collies inspired by different LGBTQIA+ flag designs!

Maverique Flag-inspired collie

Username: Baobabel
    Name: Vivaciously Validating // Vesper
    Height: 19 in
    Weight: 35 lbs
    Color: Minimally Masked Liver and Gold Sable Piebald
    Genotype: AyAy bb cchcch Dd Emer hh ii kyky mm spsp tt UU LL

Notes: Edits pass at a 15% rate. Collie cannot compete in conformation in the Title program.

Prompt: Describe how this collie defines and understands their gender (obviously does not have to follow any binary gender, although it can be binary if you want it to be. It can be whatever gender or non-gender they identify as). Can be as short or long of a description as you'd like! You can simply write it as a statement/explanation or describe it through a more story/narrative means.

Ends: June 28th

Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Prompt:[/b]
    [b]Change flag? If so, to what:[/b]

Last edited by Penultima on Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

She/Her - Bi - Biologist - Artist - Nature-lover - Master's student - Progressive - Unitarian

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

^ stamps by Taxidea ^
Penultima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Beaumont Collie #696 OPEN

Postby Dr. Paine » Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:07 am

Username: Dr. Paine
Name: SSV's Cosmic Mystery // Erika
Prompt: Mostly void. Partially star.
Change flag? If so, to what: N/A
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PrincessAlexis » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:14 am

Username: PrincessAlexis
Name: Maverick
Prompt: Maverick has always had trouble relating to others' idea of Gender. So many traits are assigned to males or to females, but Maverick had a mix of those traits. Maverick wanted to rough-house with the boys AND tend to the pups with the girls. Maverick didn't take an interest in females, but DID lift their leg to relieve themselves... Basically, it was complicated. The thing is, some of these traits were also reversible, and fluid in a way, but in the moment of life they seemed so rigid and unchanging.

Have you heard the allegory that there are two wolves inside of you? One representing darkness and the other light? The one who wins and takes control is the wolf you feed.

That's basically how Maverick feels about Gender. Except neither one is good or bad, and Maverick fully intends to keep feeding both of them! Sometimes one takes control for a time, but there is always a hand-off sooner or later.

In the end, Maverick's main goal is to reconcile these two halves of their identity, give each the space to spread its wings, and see where that journey leads them!
Change flag? If so, to what: yes please, change to the Two-Spirit pride flag

Egyptian Razorbacks!
NEW Artist Search ☆ Temporary Hiatus ☆ Our Discord!

ImageCheck Out My Characters! =)

☆ ☆ ☆ ImageImage Image☆ ☆ ☆

I'm looking for an artist to design a ribbon / rosette base for the Egyptian Razorbacks closed-species competitions. Willing to pay well depending on your skill level. Please PM me with examples of your work.
PrincessAlexis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baobabel » Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:43 am

Username: Baobabel
Prompt:
Always feeling a bit out of place and uncomfortable with gender, Vesper couldn't relate their brothers' feelings or sisters' style of communication. They didn't identify with either and neither label 'male' or 'female' seemed to 'fit'. Ves grew up feeling like they were on the outside, and maybe a little broken. The others didn't seem to understand why Vesper didn't want to engage in expected behaviors. Even the breeder noticed and thought Ves was some weird outlier that didn't act like most collies of their assumed gender. They tried to fit in and suppress their true feelings and desires, but it was exhausting. And deep down, it crushed to deny themselves. When it came time to be adopted, every seemed to want a specific gender of puppy. A girl because of that or a boy for this reason. Ves backed off. How could they choose which one when both felt wrong? Then came in someone and when the breeder asked, 'male or female', they responded "doesn't matter, I'm here for personality". Ves perked up, they had that! Vesper ended up going home with that fun human. Sometime later, Vesper overheard their human talking to someone else. At some point they read out the definition of maverique and something clicked! That's what they were! They let out some barks into a howl. Their human celebrated with them. Vesper no longer feels broken or out of place. Of course they weren't a male or female, they were maverique all along. They are incredible as is!
Change flag? If so, to what: Keep!
Baobabel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Penultima » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:12 am

Baobabel wrote:Username: Baobabel
Prompt:
Always feeling a bit out of place and uncomfortable with gender, Vesper couldn't relate their brothers' feelings or sisters' style of communication. They didn't identify with either and neither label 'male' or 'female' seemed to 'fit'. Ves grew up feeling like they were on the outside, and maybe a little broken. The others didn't seem to understand why Vesper didn't want to engage in expected behaviors. Even the breeder noticed and thought Ves was some weird outlier that didn't act like most collies of their assumed gender. They tried to fit in and suppress their true feelings and desires, but it was exhausting. And deep down, it crushed to deny themselves. When it came time to be adopted, every seemed to want a specific gender of puppy. A girl because of that or a boy for this reason. Ves backed off. How could they choose which one when both felt wrong? Then came in someone and when the breeder asked, 'male or female', they responded "doesn't matter, I'm here for personality". Ves perked up, they had that! Vesper ended up going home with that fun human. Sometime later, Vesper overheard their human talking to someone else. At some point they read out the definition of maverique and something clicked! That's what they were! They let out some barks into a howl. Their human celebrated with them. Vesper no longer feels broken or out of place. Of course they weren't a male or female, they were maverique all along. They are incredible as is!

Congrats!

She/Her - Bi - Biologist - Artist - Nature-lover - Master's student - Progressive - Unitarian

^ stamps by Taxidea ^
Penultima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ItsAsher0 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:19 am

Username: ItsAsher0
Name: Cullen
Prompt: Cullen had always wanted to be.. different. Sometimes he wishes that he could look like a female, himself. He wished he could act and hang around with and like the females. Sure, He didn’t have as much confidence as he wanted through his own personal transformation. But he decided that one day, He could be who he wanted to be. He is still interested in females, But hopefully one that accepts who he wants to be. His owner didn’t know what he was trying to tell him.. But the owner still loved him anyway. He didn’t.. feel.. like he was a male, I’d that made sense. But now he can finally be himself, and who he wants to be known as.

This probably made no sense. I had no clue how to write this lol
Change flag? If so, to what: Pansexual
Apologies for the wait on art. My art is currently just distractions from mouth pain, can't focus too much on big art pieces, but I'll hopefully be able to soon! ^^

Asher. Gamer! . Asexual . Cxrrupt
He will never escape. You are next.
.Atticus. Storage. err... yeehaw. ©

Art by Plunch!
PFP by SHIFTING TENDONS!
ItsAsher0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baobabel » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:09 am

Penultima wrote:
Baobabel wrote:Username: Baobabel
Prompt:

Congrats!

Thank you! I absolutely love this collie and they match the flag so well!
Baobabel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me