Range Trotter #2819 by rebelappy

Based on Click to view
Artist rebelappy [gallery]
Time spent 38 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #2819

Postby rebelappy » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:53 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

what does this trotter like about snow? or do they not like snow?
End Date: 01/06

Username: Autosarcophagy
Show Name: Turn My Days to Frozen Hours
Barn Name: Aufeis
Height: 14.3 hh
Eye Color: green
Phenotype: olive red roan hooded tobiano
Genotype: ee aa Rnrn Olvolv HtoHto

Last edited by rebelappy on Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rebelappy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #2819

Postby Autosarcophagy » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:11 pm

Username: Autosarcophagy
Halter Color: Artist's Choice
Prompt: The initial frost of winter, in it's fleeting beauty, has always been an event that Aufeis finds herself looking forward to.

When the chilled late autumn winds have swept the last leaves from stubborn branches, she waits in anticipation for the first snowfall. Gazing in awe at the tiny flakes dancing in the gloaming, like falling stars winking in the faint golden glow of the lights illuminating her stall window.

She relishes the sound of frost crackling beneath her hooves as the first rays of morning light peek over the horizon. The world feels almost apocalyptic in it's primitive state of winter, small mementos of seasons past preserved by a thin layer of ice. She noses the red maple leaf between her hooves, stiff and cold to the touch, a final remnant of fall.

She'll keep this one and bring it back to her stall, Aufeis has always been one to appreciate the sentimentality of small treasures.
Dirk ↦ It/He ↦ "Memento Mori 000:00:00:00" ↦ ©

"Between the velvet lies
There's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies
Life's a never ending wheel."
Autosarcophagy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Embergleam » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:20 pm

Username: Embergleam
Show Name: RRS Tap Dance
Barn Name: Taps
Height: 13 hh
Halter Color: Artist's choice
Prompt: As her name might indicate, Taps is typically a terribly dignified creature. Nine months out of the year she places manners, elegance, and restraint above all else. But when the temperatures plummet and snow blankets the ground, all that goes right out the window. Winter is the one time she cuts loose. Every year when the first snowstorm hits Raven Ridge, you'll find Taps out in the pasture tearing around like a yearling, fresh powder rooster-tailing up in her wake.
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kirei » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:33 pm

Username: Kirei
Show Name: OLS Hot Cocoa
Barn Name: Cocoa
Halter Color: Eyes
Prompt: Cocoa most appreciates the prints that other critters leave in the snow. It's amazing to her to see the wide variety of animals that pass through her yard every day, from rabbits to elk. She sometimes likes to put her hoof delicately overtop. The thought that now she and a fox have stood in the very same place tickles her pink.
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 50 people.
I have received 21 gifts.
Kirei

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ChxosAngxl » Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:33 am

Username: ChxosAngxl
Show Name: SPS Fantasy Fudge
Barn Name: Choco
Height: 15hh
Halter Color: Lilac
Prompt: Choco doesn't like snow that much. If it's snowing she will go to the pasture and play a little bit but when she starts getting cold she quickly goes back to her stall and lays down on the comfortable hay bed she has. She loves all the rugs her owner buys, especially the ones with the dun patterns. Choco really likes to watch the snow tho, she will stick her head out of the stall window while eating breakfast and just watch the snow fall while the horses that like it run around outside!
Hi! I'm Gabi or Angxl, you can call me one of those.

she/her they/them - intp - Taurus☼ Aries☾ Scorpio⇡
Portuguese-Spanish-English-Italian

Uni Student - Criminology and Criminal Justice

Main Interests: The Walking Dead, Top Gun, Marvel, My Hero Academia, Haikyuu, basically anime, Genshin Impact, books, music...

Toyhouse
ChxosAngxl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:48 pm

Please judge this adopt by January 10th.
    If not judged, another staff member will step in to do so.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rebelappy » Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:48 pm

Autosarcophagy wrote:Username: Autosarcophagy
Halter Color: Artist's Choice
Prompt: The initial frost of winter, in it's fleeting beauty, has always been an event that Aufeis finds herself looking forward to.

When the chilled late autumn winds have swept the last leaves from stubborn branches, she waits in anticipation for the first snowfall. Gazing in awe at the tiny flakes dancing in the gloaming, like falling stars winking in the faint golden glow of the lights illuminating her stall window.

She relishes the sound of frost crackling beneath her hooves as the first rays of morning light peek over the horizon. The world feels almost apocalyptic in it's primitive state of winter, small mementos of seasons past preserved by a thin layer of ice. She noses the red maple leaf between her hooves, stiff and cold to the touch, a final remnant of fall.

She'll keep this one and bring it back to her stall, Aufeis has always been one to appreciate the sentimentality of small treasures.

congrats! this was beautifully written! <3
rebelappy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me