Fancy Chimkin 999: Vortigern by Pandapop

Based on Click to view
Artist Pandapop [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Fancy Chimkin 999: Vortigern

Postby Pandapop » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:15 am

This Chimkin is open/CLOSED for adoption!

You may not apply for ANY Chimkin if you do not first have:
1. An open Bank Account (Go here to make one)
COPPA players may do this by following this link.
and
2. A Coop Link (Either a TH page or character storage thread)

To win this Chimkin--

There are four things that you must do!

1. Give him a fitting name, and tell me why you chose it.
2. Draw or write a little about him (his personality, likes/dislikes, whatever you choose!) 50 word minimum or 1 fully colored piece.
3. Create a moodboard that you think suits him. BeFunky can help you here!
4. Find a CS-friendly theme song for him!

A winner will be chosen on the 12th.
Extension dates will be available if there aren't enough entries.

Please fill in this form:

Code: Select all
[b]"I'd like to apply for adoption!"[/b]

[b]Username:[/b] (your username)
[b]Profile Page:[/b] (link to your CS profile)
[b]Bank Link:[/b] (link to your bank page)
[b]Coop Link:[/b] (link to your coop)
[b]Chimkin Name:[/b] (the name you will give this bird)
[b]Prompt 1:[/b]
[b]Prompt 2:[/b]
[b]Prompt 3:[/b]
[b]Prompt 4:[/b]
Last edited by Pandapop on Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pandapop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fancy Chimkin 999: Details

Postby Pandapop » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:16 am

Chimkin Name: Vortigern
Coop Link: Here
Chimkin Type/Breed: Fancy Rooster
Sub-Species: n/a
Breedable: Yes

Primary: Deep Red (#a90000)
Secondary: Dark Red (#500000)
Tertiary: Charcoal (#1b1b1b)

Pupils: #da0000
Sclera: #1b1b1b
Claws: #da0000
Beak/Legs: #1b1a1a (#780000)

Traits:

Eye/Claw Glow
Colored Sclera
Colored Claws
Gradient Claws
Stitched Beak (#ef0000)
Colored Beak/Legs
Gradient Beak/Legs
Pearlized Beak/Legs
Iridescent (#c60000)
Bioluminescence (#da0000)
Stitches (Glow (#ef0000))
Tendrils (#1b1b1b)
Last edited by Pandapop on Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pandapop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fancy Chimkin 999: History

Postby Pandapop » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:16 am

November 3, 2022: Designed by Pandapop
November 4, 2022: Archive order updated
November 13, 2022: Won by Raptocidic
Last edited by Pandapop on Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pandapop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fancy Chimkin 1000: TBN

Postby Ebony Stardust » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:05 am

"I'd like to apply for adoption!"

Username: Ebony Stardust
Profile Page: Here
Bank Link: Here
Coop Link: Here
Chimkin Name: Pyromaniac
Prompt 1: His brighter glowing spots remind me of sparks, and his rich red-fading-to-black coloration made me think of the red glow of distant fire, and the flames fading into ash and shadows. The overall glow effect cements the impression of fire. The stitched and tendril traits also make me think that some level of insanity or 'corruption' may be present, hence: Pyro- (fire) -maniac (a psychotic of bizarre behavior, or one with an excessive enthusiasm/desire for).
Prompt 2: Pyromaniac is just that: an intense lover of fire, (though not an arsonist, mind you). He can often be seen skulking about or chasing any source of light if he's not in the presence of flames, though he's usually found huddling near a torch, campfire, or other such object. When near flames, he obtains a level of energy proportionate to the size and intensity of the blaze, sometimes beginning to behave in a chaotic, unruly manner and cause many sorts of mischief, if the flames burn hot enough. Although he often seems preoccupied with his obsession over fire, he is in fact capable of putting that aside if the need arises. (111 words)
Prompt 3:
Prompt 4: Firestarter from the Beat Saber soundtrack

-Hello! You may call me Ebony
-I am a casual artist
-I am always open to trades (my trade thread)
-Formerly: Darkstorm-The-Wolf (eek '~')
-Remember, support, and pray for Israel

Need Clicks: ImageImage
Ebony Stardust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fancy Chimkin 999: TBN

Postby Sulin » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:57 am

Username: 0718 ~ Spooks!
Profile Page: XXX
Bank Link: XXX
Coop Link: XXX
Chimkin Name: Altan
Prompt 1: Altan is a Turkish name that means red dawn. Altan also means golden in medieval Turkic and Mongolian, so this name can completely convey the beauty of the rising sun | Altan is a male Turkish given name used also as first name and a Mongolian given name. Altan means "golden" in Mongolian and "red dawn" in Turkic. The related word "Altın" is also Turkish for "golden" and a common Turkish first name.
Prompt 2:
- Personality:
Altan as tough as he looks is just as soft as his feathers, he pretends to be a big "bad" chim in front of the hens to try and impress them it usually doesn't work and he gives up for a while but once the hens see how kind he is to the PPS chicks of the coop they start to feel differently towards him. Altan often does many things with the PPS chicks like; cuddle, keep warm, hang out, play, he even chirps them to sleep, and so much more!

Altan has a small list of likes but to him thats enough. Altan likes; The PPS chicks, pretending to be big and bad when really he's not, dirt/mud, and "singing" which is him just chirping really loud (The PPS chicks like it but it annoys some of the hens).

- Dislikes:
Altan's dislikes list is longer than a giraffes neck he is fairly picky about a lot of stuff. Altan dislikes; water, rejection, other roos, certain shades of yellow, green, and blue, the quite is often considered too quite for him, night crawlers, millipedes, bugs with more than 8 legs pretty much, cats, anything taller than 7 feet, mean anybody, sushi, small dogs, and a bunch of other things but in reality it is really hard to dislike almost every little thing so I think Altan just like to pretend for a lot of it.

(238 Words)
Prompt 3: Image
(Made By Me on BeFunky)
Prompt 4: I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash
- Type 1 Diabetic -
------------------------------------------------------
XXX - Spooks | She / Her - XXX
Hi there, I'm Sullivan c: Haven't been feeling too well lately, sorry!
I am a huge fan of MARVEL, TWD, the Witcher, and Good Omens!
I also love GoT, Blacklist, and Supernatural.
- Friends / Acquaintances -
Crow - Jay - Zach - Hyde - Marz-Barz - Temper
- Super Cool People -
Rocky - Herrings - Sweathie - Buzz - Cr0wz
- I Love you all! -
------------------------------------------------------
Follower check (just click my boy) >>>
Sulin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:01 am

Username: Raptocidic
Profile Page: here
Bank Link: here
Coop Link: here
Chimkin Name: Vortigern

Prompt 1:
This roos design reminds me a lot of roses. More specifically, the red primary and secondary colors remind me of red roses. The charcoal tertiary and the tendril & stitches traits remind me a lot of the thorns of roses. The design also makes me think of anger, red bettas and royalty, although to a lesser extent.

So my first thought was to look at rose varieties, and scientific names, but couldn't find anything that fitted him from that. Next I briefly looked at rose inspired names, although didn't find anything there either, most names being too elegant for the vibes I got from his design.

At this point I decided to take a different angle, and with my brain still attached to the rose idea I went with historical British kings (my brain originally thinking about Tudor rose). Names such as Henry and Edward didn't seem to fit the roo, although I kept with my royalty theme. Eventually I started looking at much older names, eventually leading me to the name Vortigern.

Vortigern was a 5th century king of Britons. The name may have been his actual name, but it may have just been his title (regardless he is only referred to as Vortigern, with no personal name mentioned). Vortigern means 'Great King'. The name Vortigern is sometimes mentioned in welsh mythology about the Welsh Dragon. I settled on the name Vortigern for this roo since the name felt powerful, which I think fits the overall aesthetic of the design.

Prompt 2:
Vortigern was the only chim owned by his previous owner, although he had a few pigeons to keep him company. When he first arrived at the coop he didn't take to introductions very well. He would often screech at (or even attempt to fight) other chims on sight, despite being seperated by a barrier. The rooster appeared to prefer the company of the human, although he'd also scream at the human when he wasn't getting his way (or not getting enough treats).

It took a while Vortigern to warm up to any other chimkin. Slowly but surely he got better and was able to be introduced to a smaller sub flock within the coop. He still seems to dislike the other roosters, the exception being one roo, Marlin, who appears to have somehow befriended Vortigern. Their little alliance caused chaos at first, Marlin having a newfound confidence, with the two regularly strutting around together and causing some mayhem by annoying the other roosters.

Vortigern has developed a rivalry with the rooster Dezi, with the two sometimes squabbling over the humans affection. The human noticed he seems to plot little plans to distract Dezi (giving him more human time). Whilst Vortigern is (mostly) passive around the other roos he seems to be rather focused on getting Dezi away from the human. He has tried to distract Dezi by throwing items, screeching, and even once by dragging a shoe in front of Dezi (in some sort of attempt to scare him off, although Dezi just walked around it). The human has observed that Vortigern's plans seem to get more desperate when he sees Dezi around the human. Marlin sometimes helps Dezi block the pathway to the human, but more often than not Vortigern tries to block Dezi on his own. Dezi seems to get annoyed at Vortigern's antics, but ultimately Dezi doesn't appear stressed or threatened by the other rooster.

Having (somewhat) settled into his new environment Vortigern isn't anywhere near as bad as he was, but he's still very much an agent of chaos. He tips things over, screams at things he isn't familiar with and he attacks things he doesn't like (which includes one particular pair of shoes the human owns). Out of all the chims he's one of the messier ones, and there isn't a dull day with him around.

Prompt 3:
Made using befunky

Prompt 4: Be prepared (Cover by Caleb Hyles)
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandapop » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:26 pm

And the winner is Raptocidic!

I enjoyed learning a little about the origin behind his name, and your descriptions of his rivalry with your other roo!
He sounds like a darn brat, and I feel like that fits this guy. LOL.

Congrats!
Pandapop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fancy Chimkin 999: Vortigern

Postby Raptocidic » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:06 pm

Pandapop wrote:
And the winner is Raptocidic!

I enjoyed learning a little about the origin behind his name, and your descriptions of his rivalry with your other roo!
He sounds like a darn brat, and I feel like that fits this guy. LOL.

Congrats!

Thank you very much! ^^

I'm happy you liked the name origin. I shortened that section a bit and I wasn't sure if it would be interesting. I was picturing Vortigern as an annoying brat so I'm happy that came across! I imagined that Dezi would be more reliant on humans due to his past, so that would create conflict between the two roos.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me