Adopted

Username: wolfhaunt
    Name: WH Requiem Of A Mourning Dove // Mourn
    Height: 19 in
    Weight: 37 lbs
    Color: Black Merle Pepper Roaned Extreme White
    Genotype: Ayas BB cchce Dd EmE hh II Kbky Mm swsw T+Tr Uu LL

Notes:
    This collie may only produce a maximum of two puppies per litter due to its genetics and impairments.
    This collie is bilaterally blind and may not compete in the title program.

Among the Stars

If this collie were to wish upon a star, what would their wish be?
    You may answer in writing or art, with a maximum of 400 words and/or one art piece with a short blurb.

Ends November 3rd at rollover (3rd->4th)

--

This collie is part of this year's Fall Festival! You may only win one of this year's Fall Festival collies, but may enter for as many as you'd like.
Last edited by Vinson on Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vinson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Beaumont Collie #569 Available

Postby Temper » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:46 pm

Username: Temper
Name: NASA
Name Meaning: (optional)
Prompt:
NASA would give anything for her father to see her and be proud of her today. She never got a chance to show him herself, being the youngest and smallest of the litter, the last to find herself. She hopes he's watching from the stars.
Last edited by Temper on Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

.......... Image Krasivi Collies
...........Image Krasivi Trotters
...........Image Krasivi Euphorians
...........Image Krasivi Wolfhounds
...........Image Lone Bashkir Curlies
...........Image Andaluz Sport Horses

....................Image
Temper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby envious. » Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:07 pm

Username: envious.
      Name: Desert Harbor's α Canum Venaticorum || Cor Caroli
      Name Meaning:
      Cor Caroli is a binary star designated Alpha Canum Venaticorum or α Canum Venaticorum. The International Astronomical Union uses the name "Cor Caroli" specifically for the brighter star of the binary.

Prompt: "You're my star, shine bright little one."

Those were the last words Cor Caroli heard from his owner. A soft whine escaped the dog's throat as he crawled up against his human, his ear pressed against the elderly man's chest, listening as his heart weakened and the man took his final breath before it stopped. The silence was loud, too loud. Things shouldn't have gone this way. No. Henry should have had his family here with him, he should've had the comfort of his daughter and grandchildren here- but instead he had no one and nothing except for his blind shelter pup, Cor.

The blind dog laid there for as long as he could, ignoring his body's protest to get up and stretch his limbs, ignoring the gnawing hunger in his stomach and the dryness his mouth felt from the lack of water. Why did they stop visiting? These questions raced through the young dog's mind constantly, driving him to many different conclusions. All of which were wrong.

When someone finally came, it was bittersweet. Cor refused to move, spiteful that the family took this long to come check up on dear Henry. Sweet, sick, innocent Henry. When he finally paid attention, he realized that the man that was there to get him was alone. Where was Henry's daughter?

"Come on boy, please."

The man's voice was raw, the smell of sadness seeped from his soul. The hurt he felt matched the hurt that Cor felt. Could it be? Amelia couldn't have been sick! Oh. That explained it all. Henry wasn't the only one in the family that had been affected by this... this sickness, cancer. From the way the man talked and moved, she had passed away recently. With a gentle cry, Cor Caroli crawled towards the steady heartbeat, his head crashing into the man's kneeling body. What had this gentle family ever done to deserve heartbreak like this?

The first night with his new home, Cor Caroli found himself sitting with the man and his dog, Chara, outside under the stars. "I like to believe that she's the brightest star in the sky." A brief pause, a soft hand rubbing his ears, "And Henry, he's the brightest of everything in the sky- the moon." Tilting his head up to the stars and the ever-so-bright, white moon, Cor made a single wish. No more heartache, please.

(397/400 words. I saw this pup's markings and prompt and couldn't shake the idea of tying them into the story of Chara <3)
envious.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfhaunt » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:54 pm

Username: wolfhaunt
Name Meaning: Inspired by the mourning dove, an elegant bird with a call similar to an owl's. This collie's diluted warm grey and liver coloration and sad, doe-like eyes reminded me of them. I grew up listening to their songs at dawn and dusk.
Prompt: mark!!! ,, something about hearing stories of what stars look like from her mother, who was an astronomer of sorts... once mourn grows up and her mother passes away, she makes a heartfelt wish to be to see the night sky just once; wanting to see this beautiful and mysterious thing that her mother spoke of with awe

Mourn tasted blood as the rose slipped from her teeth and fell gently onto overturned earth.
The sanguine, metallic tang soured on her tongue, barely distinguishable from the raw grief burning deep in her throat. She wanted to cough or whine or howl, anything to make that terrible pain dissipate, but she could do nothing but gaze blankly into the distance, her sightless silver eyes glistening in the light of the moon she knew was perched high above her head.
Some things are known, even if you cannot sense them, her mother had said. Her mother…

[Past]

“Those three there,” Mother said, gently moving Mourn’s dark grey paw over a series of raised bumps, “Those three make up Orion’s Belt.” Mourn’s face broke into a joyful grin, her tail whipping across the ground in enthusiasm.
“Are there really three in a row?” Mourn’s puppy-high voice piped up as she skimmed the shape with her paw pads.
“There really are,” Mother’s laugh was gentle and kind, “They represent the story of Orion, the son of a powerful god. When Orion passed, the stars held him in their memory, and his name was never forgotten.” Mourn could tell that her mother was looking to the sky, because her voice had nearly become a whisper as she was lost in awe and wonder. Mourn placed a small paw on her mother to gently remind her that she was there. Warmth pooled in the mottled pup’s chest as Mother shifted and bent down to nuzzle Mourn’s ears, and both of their tails wagged through the night air in unison.

[Present]

As she pulled free of her memories, Mourn subconsciously lifted her muzzle towards the sky and took a deep, slow breath; perhaps if she consulted the stars her mother had loved so dearly, the crushing weight would lift from her shoulders. She perked her ears and focused intently, waiting for something - anything. Several moments passed in utter silence and Mourn felt desperation blooming in her chest like some frantic, thorn-bearing flower.
Please, she begged, Please, I am listening! Say something!

The sky was cold and quiet, offering no solace.
She wrinkled her nose in a pained grimace and felt something warm trickle down her muzzle as she dropped her chin to her chest in despair and cried.

Silver stars twinkled helplessly in the endless darkness above.

[392/400]

(I am so in love with this design,, she captured my heart as soon as I saw her)
Last edited by wolfhaunt on Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GET HAUNTED!

hi I'm haunt!
feel free to pm me if you share any interests of mine!

please send me trades -- I have almost 1k doubles/extras!

xxxxxxxxxxx©
wolfhaunt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chanceuxcat » Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:05 pm

Username: Chanceuxcat
Name: Royals' Glimpse of Sunlight 'Baily'
Name Meaning: Baily (pronounced like Bailey) is named for the astronomical effect called Baily's Beads. This effect occurs during a solar eclipse, where a few beads of sunlight can still be seen in an arc around the moon. Although most light is blocked out, even in a total solar eclipse there is still some sunlight to be seen. Much like Baily themselves, for although they are blind, they still try to see the brighter side of life.
Prompt:

Note: TW mentions of death and grief/loss

It couldn't have lasted forever. They knew this, really. They never expected to leave now though. Not like this.

They couldn't see, but could tell it was night as their owner - no, disgruntled breeder - led them out of the house. The young collie had been a failure to them, from the moment the puppies eyes opened and Baily's had not widened more than a squint. At least the breeder's elderly collie had taken a liking to Baily, and even though this house had never really felt like home, it became one with her. But a week ago now (had it really only been a week?), she had passed away. It didn't feel like she was really gone though, as Baily laid alone in their shared bed all day and night. This way, they could just pretend she had gone to the bathroom or was getting a bite to eat. She wasn't gone. She couldn't be. The loneliness took everything out of them. All Baily wished was for her to come back. Come back to bed, come back into their life.

She didn't.

It didn't come as a surprise that the breeder was getting rid of them. Their purpose, in the breeder's mind, was to keep the older collie company. And now that she was gone, well, what was the point of having this dog that needed extra care around? The chill, the cold autumn crispness only felt at night, made their leaving all that more bitter. As if they were trying to hide their mistake from the world under the cover of the night.

She hadn't seen them as a mistake. She had named them Baily, after the eclipse she had been able to witness in her younger days. The sky had been dark, but there were beads of light even in the shadow. Baily was her light, she said. And she had been Baily's.

The car stopped after an hour. They were tugged out of the car and placed into much more gentle hands. Into another car, and they were stroked on the drive to their new house. It wouldn't be home. It couldn't be home without her.

[359/400 words]

Things were different here, but their wish remained as strong as ever. Baily so desperately wanted their light back. A body plopped down next to them.

"Do you want to talk about them?" a voice asked gently.

Baily turned toward it. They hesitated. But the voice was so warm, like sunlight.
"I... yes. Yes please."

They paused, a comfortable silence urging them on.
"She was... amazing," they began, talking about her until the sun warmed their back. It didn't fulfill their wish. But somehow, it's as if, just for the moment, their light is there with them.

[97 words, hopefully this short enough for the blurb! Image featuring my boy Vesper with Baily]
Chanceuxcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( stare into the universe " )

Postby paradise, » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:36 am

Username: paradise,
    Name: Beyond What the Eye can See | Tyflós
    Name Meaning: Tyflós means "blind" in Greek.
    Prompt: As cliché as it may seem, Tyflós' one wish is to be able to see again. He misses being able to gaze upon the beautiful night sky, to see the shining stars and vast galaxy. It was his favorite thing to do once the day had settled down and everyone drifted off to sleep. He would step out on the porch and stare up into the universe, feeling like it was also staring back down at him. (77)

Prompt #2: "Wake me when I can see again...."

Tyflós awoke with a jolt, his fur standing on end. Something didn't feel right. The air was frigid, causing a chill to rush though his body. He blinked his eyes to adjust himself to the darkness, but his vision remained empty. Black, empty void. "My... my eyes?" He murmured to himself, extremely confused as to what had happened. He had drifted off to sleep for the night, being able to see everything around him. But this time when he awoke, he was surrounded by darkness. Not even a glimmer of light to be seen. A low whine escaped his lips, feeling utterly scared and helpless. Alone.

As time passed, the dog grew accustomed to his new life without his eyes. He had contracted some kind of serious disease that took his vision overnight. Thankfully, after that horrible night, his owners took him in to see the vet right away and they were able to save his life. The price he paid though, was the loss of his eyesight.

As thankful as Tyflós was for his life, he couldn't shake the feeling of pain and loneliness. He could no longer see the things that brought him joy. He couldn't see the squirrels romping in the trees in the morning, or the sight of his owners coming home after a long day at work. Of course, he could still smell these things, but nothing could compare to what he had lost. The most painful thing to him though was not being able to see the night sky. It was the last thing he looked at before he closed his eyes for the night, his last peaceful thought before the day ended. Now, that was a foreign thing to him. The only thing he could do was recollect his memories and try to remember how the purples and pinks swirled together as the sun set for the day. The bright glimmer from the millions of stars dotting across the night sky. His one wish, and one alone, would be to wake up and see again. (343/400)
paradise,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vinson » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:07 am

wolfhaunt wrote:Username: wolfhaunt
Name Meaning: Inspired by the mourning dove, an elegant bird with a call similar to an owl's. This collie's diluted warm grey and liver coloration and sad, doe-like eyes reminded me of them. I grew up listening to their songs at dawn and dusk.
Prompt: mark!!! ,, something about hearing stories of what stars look like from her mother, who was an astronomer of sorts... once mourn grows up and her mother passes away, she makes a heartfelt wish to be to see the night sky just once; wanting to see this beautiful and mysterious thing that her mother spoke of with awe

-snip-

y'all made this a terribly tough decision! everyone's art and writing was amazing, and I enjoyed reading through everyone's stories. a common theme amongst everyone's answers was loss and grief - and I felt that this piece captured it perfectly. your writing was elegant and mournful, and you spun a story that answered the prompt without being overly direct. congratulations !
Vinson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Beaumont Collie #569 Adopted

Postby wolfhaunt » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:39 pm

the smile on my face is ENORMOUS!!! I have not been this excited about a design in so long,, I love her so so incredibly much and I am so proud to have her as mine <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

editing to ask the other contestants if I'm able to add their art to my toyhouse for mourn? <3

GET HAUNTED!

hi I'm haunt!

xxxxxxxxxxx©
wolfhaunt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Temper » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:23 pm

Congrats! :) You are welcome to use my art if you'd like

.......... Image Krasivi Collies
...........Image Krasivi Trotters
...........Image Krasivi Euphorians
...........Image Krasivi Wolfhounds
...........Image Lone Bashkir Curlies
...........Image Andaluz Sport Horses

....................Image
Temper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfhaunt » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:08 pm

thank you so much <3 <3 <3 I loved your story

GET HAUNTED!

hi I'm haunt!

xxxxxxxxxxx©
wolfhaunt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me