My dressups
Trade with me

Sleepy Hollow Percherons: General Genes

Postby sleepyDandy » Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:51 pm

gene name
    variant allele(s)xxxxxxxx

Agouti
    a_

The dominant allele (A) restricts black pigment to the points of the horse (mane, tail, lower legs and ear rims). The recessive allele (a) uniformly distributes black pigment over the entire body.

Red Factor
    e_

The recessive allele e produces red pigment.

Cream
    Cr__

Dilutes red pigment to yellow pigment in single (Crcr) dose (palominos, buckskins, smoky blacks) and to pale cream in double (CrCr) dose (cremellos, perlinos, smoky cream).

Champagne
    Ch_

Dilutes hair pigment from black to brown and red to gold.

Dun
    D_

The dominant allele (D) lightens the body color and dilutes both red and black pigment, leaving the head, lower legs, mane, and tail undiluted, and also produces primitive markings such as a dark dorsal stripe and zebra striping on the knees and hocks.

Pearl
    prl_

Two doses on a chestnut background produce a pale, uniform apricot color of body hair, mane and tail. Skin is also pale. Interacts with cream dilution to produce pseudo-double cream dilute phenotypes including pale skin and blue/green eyes.

Silver
    Z_

Lightens black/brown pigment but has no effect on red/yellow pigment. The mane and tail are typically lightened to flaxen or silver gray color but may darken with age on some horses.

Mushroom Dilution
    Mu_

Dilutes red pigment and is characterized by a distinctive sepia-toned body hair color, often accompanied by a flaxen mane and tail.

Leopard Complex
    Lp_

White coat pattern characterized by variable patterning with or without pigmented spots known as leopard spots. Also characterized by mottled skin and striped hooves.

Appaloosa Pattern-1
    PATN1_

Modifier of leopard complex spotting (Lp), controls the amount white in the coat. Horses with LP and PATN1 are typically born with a 60% or greater white spotting pattern. Fewspot Appaloosas are an exception to this percentage.

Gray
    G_

Causes a progressive depigmentation of the hair, often resulting in a color that is almost completely white, and can act on any base coat color.

Overo
    O_

Jagged white markings originating on the animal’s side or belly, spreading toward the neck, tail, legs, and back. The color appears to frame the white spots. Thus, an Overo often has a dark tail, mane, legs, and backline. Bald or white faces often accompany the Overo pattern.

Roan
    Rn_

Also known as classic roan, causes intermixed white and colored hairs on the body while the head, lower legs, mane, and tail remain colored.

Sabino
    Sb_

Causes a white spotting pattern, usually on the legs, belly, and face, often with extensive roaning.

Splashed White
    Spl_

Produces pink-skinned, white markings. Many splashed whites have very modest markings, while others have the distinctive "dipped in white paint" pattern.

Tobiano
    To_

Causes a clearly marked white spotting pattern characterized by white across the spine that extends downward between the ears and tail. The tail can be both white and pigmented.
sleepyDandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me