Postby Penultima » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:52 pm

Adopted

Username: envious.
    Name: Desert Harbor's Law and Order || Sonny
    Height: 19 in
    Weight: 32 lbs
    Color: Dominant Black Pseudo Irish
    Genotype: aa BB CC DD EE hh ii KbKb mm sisp tt UU LL

Writing Competition! What is this collie's favorite movie/TV show genre? Do they have a favorite movie/show in that genre?

Ends at the top of page 2 or on April 11th, whichever comes first.

Last edited by Penultima on Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

She/Her - Bi - Biologist - Artist - Nature-lover - Master's student - Progressive - Unitarian

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

^ stamps by Taxidea ^
Penultima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Beaumont Collie #360 OPEN

Postby Sadies » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:33 pm

Username: Sadies
Name: Yin
Name Meaning(s): Due to her face being half black and half white, referring to Yin and Yang.
Prompt: Drama/Fantasy.. Yin likes the TV series Being Human (UK). It is a drama/fantasy show about vampires, werewolves, ghosts and humans. It also has elements of comedy but it's in no way over the top or cheesy.
Sorry for my slow response time on RP's. My new job steals ALL my time. :(

xxxxx

Sadies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eldritch hound » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:42 pm

Username: angel bugs
    Name: just before the dawn | dent
    Name Meaning(s):
      show: this is part of a quote from harvey dent/two-face. the full quote is "the night is darkest just before the dawn. and I promise you, the dawn is coming." from the dark night. I chose this quote because of their almost pure dark fur.

kennel: I named this dog dent after the batman villain two-face or his pre-villain name, harvey dent. I chose this name because this collies half and half face markings heavily remind me of the same half and half burn scars that two-face has in both the comics and the movies. the red-brown of their eyes also reminds me of two-face as depending on what comic artist you are looking at, dent's eyes are red, or more commonly, half of his suit is.
    Prompt: this girl loves superhero movies, especially those with her namesake in them. her current obsession is the batman movies, especially after 'the batman' recently came out. she enjoys the gritty detective scene that this new film has injected into and otherwise cheesy franchise.
eldritch hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby envious. » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:10 pm

Name Meaning(s): Named after one of my favorite shows, Law and Order: SVU !! I also decided, why not give him a call name based on one of the characters?? So, I decided to name him after a man nicknamed Sonny! I honestly think its a cute name, so I just had to do it <33
    Prompt: Crime. Sonny's favorite genre has to be crime! He loves watching shows like Law and Order, Criminal Minds, and NCIS! Though if he had to pick a favorite... it would be Law and Order: SVU. No matter what kind of day he's having, as soon as he hears the infamous dun! dun! of the show's intro music, he leaps with joy and bounces right on the couch! Nothing stops this collie from ejoying two episodes of his favorite show.

He would binge watch it, but his humans have made it crystal clear that he can only watch two episodes a day..

The one thing he truly despises about the show is the fact that his favorite detectives aren't real... especially because his owners named him after one of his all time favorite detectives, now his favorite ADA, Dominick "Sonny" Carisi! And because of that name, little Sonny has decided that he'll one day be a detective too!
envious.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cincil. » Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:31 am

username: cincil.
    name: reign of wrath | asmodai
    name meaning(s): the name asmodai is believed to be derived from the avestan language, meaning "wrath" and "demon"
    prompt: asmodai's most favorite movie genre is hands down psychological horror thrillers! he likes a good bit of them, including but not limited to; se7en, the silence of the lambs, gone girl, get out, and us! but if he had to choose an absolute favorite, it would definitely be the sixth sense! it's about a child psychologist, malcom crowe, who takes on the task of curing a young boy, cole sear, with the same ills as a previous ex-patient that he had failed. this boy "sees dead people".
cincil.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandora! » Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:55 am

Username: Pandora!
    Name: MSK Truly Outrageous | Jetta
    Name Meaning(s): The call name is for a character from the show Jem and The Holograms, and the show name is a lyric from the theme song.
    Prompt: Jetta loves cartoons, especially 80's cartoons! They're always a little bit goofy and over the top, but she loves the big hair, bright colors, and dynamic music. From the classics like The Looney Tunes or He-Man, to the more obscure The Wuzzles or Dinosaucers, Jetta could be parked in front of the tv all day.

But, her absolutely favorite is Jem and The Holograms, a show about record company owner Jerrica Benton, her secret popstar alter-ego Jem, and all of the wacky adventures that her and her band get into. Jetta aspires to be just like Jem: talented and well-liked, but also deeply caring towards others.
▐▌

Pandora!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LemonBunny » Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:53 am

Username: LemonBunny
Name: Polar North's Phantom Howl // Howl
Name Meaning(s): (optional) A drawn out sound typically made by canines in order to communicate or intimidate predators. In pop culture media it is often used in horror themed settings to depict the presence of werewolves or create an unsettling and eerie atmosphere.
Prompt: While most animals at Polar North ranch tend to shy away from anything too scary, Howl is quite the opposite. In real life, he is brave and courageous and has no issue finding the source of a creepy sound or charging head first into the dark, tangled woods to trail horses on their paths or even just for a fun walk. Howl shows little to no fear towards things that would make most Beaumonts run away barking, so this boy's movie tastes also reflect that!

Howl is a fan of anything and everything horror. He loves the suspense, the buildup to the big scary moments that make you jump, the settings in the scariest places- It all gets his tail wagging and his mind racing with what could possibly happen next.

He loves cuddling up with his handler, Sam, as they watch horror movies. His eyes practically glued to the screen with curiosity and attention.

He gets so into the atmosphere, he will even start barking as if to tell a character not to turn a corner or open a door as there's surely something scary behind it, and when they do, he lets out a long sigh as if to say "See? I told you so!"

It's very rare for Howl to be startled by horror movies, however he would be lying if he said that he had never been surprised by one or on guard just a little bit more after certain films, but he still loves them regardless and the genre holds a dear place in his heart, reminding him that while Polar North can be awfully creepy sometimes, at least it isn't haunted!

His favorite movies are of course, classic monster themed films, he loves seeing vampires, werewolves, creatures from the swamp and even aliens! He is particularly fond of werewolf movies, as he will often howl back at them and cause the entire ranch to erupt in howls and barks, which he secretly thinks is really funny.

So in conclusion, while action movies and the occasional comedy have caught his eye, you can always count on Howl to be your best buddy and protector during a scary movie!
LemonBunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Penultima » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:43 pm

envious. wrote:
    Name Meaning(s): Named after one of my favorite shows, Law and Order: SVU !! I also decided, why not give him a call name based on one of the characters?? So, I decided to name him after a man nicknamed Sonny! I honestly think its a cute name, so I just had to do it <33
    Prompt: Crime. Sonny's favorite genre has to be crime! He loves watching shows like Law and Order, Criminal Minds, and NCIS! Though if he had to pick a favorite... it would be Law and Order: SVU. No matter what kind of day he's having, as soon as he hears the infamous dun! dun! of the show's intro music, he leaps with joy and bounces right on the couch! Nothing stops this collie from ejoying two episodes of his favorite show.

He would binge watch it, but his humans have made it crystal clear that he can only watch two episodes a day..

The one thing he truly despises about the show is the fact that his favorite detectives aren't real... especially because his owners named him after one of his all time favorite detectives, now his favorite ADA, Dominick "Sonny" Carisi! And because of that name, little Sonny has decided that he'll one day be a detective too!

Congrats!

She/Her - Bi - Biologist - Artist - Nature-lover - Master's student - Progressive - Unitarian

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

^ stamps by Taxidea ^
Penultima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Beaumont Collie #360 Adopted

Postby envious. » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:58 pm