My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Canis. » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:53 pm

username; Canis.
      pony name; Finch
      gender; Nonbinary (afab)
      magic type; earth & storm
      prompt; regret: seeing themself as others saw them

when finch was but a foal, it didn't take long for others to realize they both stood out and simultaneously seemed to be unaware of why. they were not unkind; in fact, finch opened up quite quickly to those who gave them a chance to be themself, although they were a bit reserved until that moment. they seemed to try to see the best in others and tended to be genuinely happy and optimistic, cheerful and silly. however, not everyone had as gentle a heart as finch did. finch has always been on the smaller end for a pony, and with little wings that hardly appeared like they would be able to support flight, at that. what may have started out as light teasing from other colts and filly's didn't always remain good natured, and a particular group of foals never missed an opportunity to remind finch of their shortcomings, both obvious and exaggerated.

for a time, finch did their best to handle the heckling but they would steadily find that their doubts and uncertainty grew with each jab that was taken. would they really never be worth anything? would they always be a burden? tiny and weak? the young foal internalized these anxities and worries and slowly, they began to change. the small pegasus started to act out more; lashing out towards those who prodded at their insecurities or by finding their way into trouble. although the attention they received from these acts was seldom positive, it gave them a tiny validation in that they were not so insignificant that their actions did not have any impact. they were the scrappiest in their adolescence, absolving that by proving their physical strength that no one could claim they were weak. they longed to be something to others; anything, even if that something was to be known for their trouble-seeking behavior or the time they had acted out. they might be a problem in someones backside, but at least they were something, right?

many years would pass before finch would come to realize that they allowed their self perception to be warped by the views of others, and that would over time become their greatest regret. in their desperate effort to prove themself and seek acknowledgement from their peers, they had become something unfamiliar. and now? finch wasn't sure they would ever be able to become who they were, even if that part of them still existed deep down in their heart.
Last edited by Canis. on Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Canis.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✧ turkey time ✧ citizen adopt

Postby honeybunchesofoats » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:29 pm

username; honeybunchesofoats
pony name; Legacy
gender;female (she/her)
magic type; mechanical and fire

Same hands that made the moon and the stars

𝕽𝖊𝖌𝖗𝖊𝖙 was not something that was mentioned in Legacy's family. She came from a long line of world renowned mechanical magic users. They worked closely with everyone from royal and important pegasi and unicorns to average ground dwelling citizens. They were all hard working and loved their jobs, often coming up with new inventions that delighted those who could get their hands on them. Legacy was no different, tagging along to shadow her siblings, aunts and uncles, cousins, and parents from an extremely young age. She was extremely promising as well, hand crafting intricate art pieces and functional tools just as well as the older member of the family. However, there was something that most people did not know about them.

Got carpal tunnel and forgot some parts

𝕰𝖒𝖔𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 often got the better of them. Stress boiled in the pits of their stomach and led to a wondrous sight. Each and every member of Legacy's family had the ability to practice a second type of magic, one unknown to them. Discovering their second passion was a coming of age right of passage. It came in moments of extreme emotion: sadness, anger, love. During holidays, Legacy's family would retell the same old stories of how they earned theirs on a seemingly endless loop. Her aunt made it rain in the middle of a perfectly sunny day. Her older brother could write inked letters without needing to hold a pen while he worked. This was Legacy's regret.

Can't hold myself responsible

𝕯𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖚𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓. She looked around her workbench as smoke billowed out of the opened window beside her. Her open palms were frozen in place, still cooling down from her outburst. Embarrassed tears swelled in her eyes as she scanned the table for any salvageable work. Legacy knew in an instant there was none. She heard the door behind her click open and her heart dropped to the pit of her stomach. She was working for an extremely valuable client, the first time her family trusted her to stay the week in their home so she could dedicate her time to crafting them magical tools. There was a firm grip on her shoulder and soon she was standing and being ushered out of the door. Legacy turned before they passed through the exit, many of the customer's valuables had been scorched. She knew going home, she would have to face that she lost her family a loyal patron. She would have to face that her second talent made her a failure.

So I blame the metaphyiscal.

Divider credits: animated cog, candles
Last edited by honeybunchesofoats on Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
honeybunchesofoats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acronymm » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:24 am

username; acronymm
pony name; Sparrowhawk
gender; female
magic type; animal, knowledge

prompt; Sparrowhawk's regret, or better to say, what she misses most, is not being there for her friends and family alike. as she was, and still is, extremely busy setting up and running her animal shelter and rescue. don't get me wrong, Sparrowhawk doesn't regret per-say, dedicating a majority of her time to animals in need (in fact, it's something that she adores, and will be doing for the remainder of her time), but friends were a huge part of her life, and she misses spending time and having the company of other ponies. there's not a thing she would've changed though, about her rescue and how she built it from the ground up with assistance, and all the homes and love she compassionately provides to little critters of all species.

she merely reminisces.
Last edited by acronymm on Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
acronymm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Glowingsaltshaker » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:14 am

mark!
]
[center][she/they]
[struggling with mental health, be patient with me please. Im not very active but slowly returning ]
Glowingsaltshaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ethium » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:27 am

username; ethium
      pony name; dionisia
      gender; female
      magic type; floral + air
      prompt; wip !!
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:47 am

username; bakuraas.
pony name; arber erasmus
gender; genderfluid [all pronouns]
magic type; mechanical + fire

prompt;
"Don't you regret taking on this idiotic career path?"
"Hmm, nope! In fact, I regret that I didn't take it on sooner!"

Arber's biggest regret in life comes from ever thinking that their parents' ideals were anything that they'd want to live up to at any point. He didn't want to be someone who looked pretty all day to get tailors their customers, and he didn't want to be someone who would try to get in with the royals using charm and status. Arber wanted to create things, use her mechanical magic to do something amazing! Yet, for a while, they did what their parents told them to do, causing some of the most aggravating and unhappy years of their life. In fact, it was this intense feeling of aggravation towards his parents' lifestyle that caused him to officially break out to do what he wanted to do. She's not made any breakthroughs as of yet, all her inventions being rather unhelpful if anything, but she's become rather good at building...well...everything else under the sun! While this means they don't particularly build anything to an artisan standard, they can get anything to work given the right amount of time. It feels so natural to Arber, so right, and every day he lives he regrets ever attempting to see her parents' side of things.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yeena » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:20 pm

honeybunchesofoats wrote:username; honeybunchesofoats
pony name; Legacy
gender;female (she/her)
magic type; mechanical and fire

Same hands that made the moon and the stars

𝕽𝖊𝖌𝖗𝖊𝖙 was not something that was mentioned in Legacy's family. She came from a long line of world renowned mechanical magic users. They worked closely with everyone from royal and important pegasi and unicorns to average ground dwelling citizens. They were all hard working and loved their jobs, often coming up with new inventions that delighted those who could get their hands on them. Legacy was no different, tagging along to shadow her siblings, aunts and uncles, cousins, and parents from an extremely young age. She was extremely promising as well, hand crafting intricate art pieces and functional tools just as well as the older member of the family. However, there was something that most people did not know about them.

Got carpal tunnel and forgot some parts

𝕰𝖒𝖔𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 often got the better of them. Stress boiled in the pits of their stomach and led to a wondrous sight. Each and every member of Legacy's family had the ability to practice a second type of magic, one unknown to them. Discovering their second passion was a coming of age right of passage. It came in moments of extreme emotion: sadness, anger, love. During holidays, Legacy's family would retell the same old stories of how they earned theirs on a seemingly endless loop. Her aunt made it rain in the middle of a perfectly sunny day. Her older brother could write inked letters without needing to hold a pen while he worked. This was Legacy's regret.

Can't hold myself responsible

𝕯𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖚𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓. She looked around her workbench as smoke billowed out of the opened window beside her. Her open palms were frozen in place, still cooling down from her outburst. Embarrassed tears swelled in her eyes as she scanned the table for any salvageable work. Legacy knew in an instant there was none. She heard the door behind her click open and her heart dropped to the pit of her stomach. She was working for an extremely valuable client, the first time her family trusted her to stay the week in their home so she could dedicate her time to crafting them magical tools. There was a firm grip on her shoulder and soon she was standing and being ushered out of the door. Legacy turned before they passed through the exit, many of the customer's valuables had been scorched. She knew going home, she would have to face that she lost her family a loyal patron. She would have to face that her second talent made her a failure.

So I blame the metaphyiscal.

Divider credits: animated cog, candles

i called upon the lovely ash to help me judge this and well, this was our result!
we absolutely loved the almost ambiguous ending to legacys story, and i would be entirely on-board for following her development. how did her family react? will she eventually realize how her innate fire abilities were not the problem, like her familys pressure? where will she go. who will she follow. i am excited to learn more about her
huge, huge shoutout to canis and bakuraas though! this was an extremely tough competition to judge but it was enjoyable nonetheless!
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeybunchesofoats » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:42 pm

Thank you both so so much!!!

╔══════════════════════════════╗