Postby dragons whisper » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:46 pm

[size=90]
Owner: Rondell
Name: Nari
Rarity: Very Common
Color: Palomino Leopard Appaloosa
Training Tier: 0
3 Personality Traits: Spunky, Arrogant, Show-Off
Last edited by dragons whisper on Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dragons whisper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: GS | V4#034 | Palomino Leopard Appaloosa

Postby Rondell » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:46 pm

Username: Rondell
Name: Nari (GNAR-ee)

Name Meaning (optional):
    Derivent of the Greek 'Narcissus', whom is a mythological character that fell so in love with his own reflection in a pond, he sat there and stared at it until he died. Origin of the word 'narcissistic'. Also another name for the daffodil, which works because the colours in this Lady's palate remind me of the flower! In the myth, a daffodil sprouts in the spot where Narcissus died. ^0^

Draw a pic / write a short story about how this Mare's arrogance got her in trouble:
    Nari was born wild. Her present life is entirely her own fault, and, honestly, better than the alternative.

When she was barely more than a yearling, she and her herd were walking along the edge of a wide, placid, shallow-looking river that meandered along the edge of their territory. On the opposite bank grew a wild plum orchard. Now. Nari was used to this area, having grown up here, and was well aware that her herd ALWAYS went straight past the orchard instead of crossing the river and indulging themselves. Instead of feasting on the fruit, they went to a nearby field and caught bugs or nibbled on grass. BORING.

The smell of the ripe plums always drove her crazy! And yet... she'd never tasted one.

So, on impulse, Nari hung back from her heard. She'd decided to treat herself! She wasn't like the rest of them - those unimaginative plodders, content with their lot and totally non-cirious! - she wasn't afraid to get a bit wet in search of adventure! She was a big girl now. She wanted a plum! And she would HAVE one!

So Nari waded out into the water.

At first the current, though noticible, wasn't bad at all. The water was even pleasantly cool against her belly and legs. Easy peasy! Then, just past the center of the river when Nari could practically TASTE those plums... the ground under her hooves vanished without warning and the young mare found herself falling. The greenish water closed over her head. When she opened her mouth to shreak... the river rushed in. The current had picked up too, and as she fought her way to the surface, she could feel herself being swept downriver.

Just when Nari thought her lungs would burst, her head broke the surface, and she coughed up the water she'd taken in in exchange for lovely, wonderful, sweet, life-giving oxygen. Over the rishing river she could just hear the voices of her family, calling out to her. But her strength was gone. It was all she could to keep her head above the surface, and she had no illusions of being able to swim back to them. The chill of the water was no longer pleasant - instead, it sapped the strength from her bones. Even if she WERE able to get back to shore, she'd be on the wrong bank, and there was no way she'd EVER try to cross this river again... did her heard know? Was this why they'd never tried for the plums...?

Deus ex machina: a lasso came down over Nari's neck. When it drew tight, it began pulling her toward shore.

A group of campers had seen her go into the water and had come to her rescue. But rescue also meant captivity. And Nari was too exhausted to fight anymore.

Many years later, when one of her handlers happened to offer her a plum as a treat... Nari would refuse to eat it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit the Agglomeration!
(I.E. my characters...)

P.S - Happy holidays!!
Rondell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragons whisper » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:09 pm

Rondell wrote:Username: Rondell
Name: Nari (GNAR-ee)

Name Meaning (optional):
    Derivent of the Greek 'Narcissus', whom is a mythological character that fell so in love with his own reflection in a pond, he sat there and stared at it until he died. Origin of the word 'narcissistic'. Also another name for the daffodil, which works because the colours in this Lady's palate remind me of the flower! In the myth, a daffodil sprouts in the spot where Narcissus died. ^0^

Draw a pic / write a short story about how this Mare's arrogance got her in trouble:
    Nari was born wild. Her present life is entirely her own fault, and, honestly, better than the alternative.

When she was barely more than a yearling, she and her herd were walking along the edge of a wide, placid, shallow-looking river that meandered along the edge of their territory. On the opposite bank grew a wild plum orchard. Now. Nari was used to this area, having grown up here, and was well aware that her herd ALWAYS went straight past the orchard instead of crossing the river and indulging themselves. Instead of feasting on the fruit, they went to a nearby field and caught bugs or nibbled on grass. BORING.

The smell of the ripe plums always drove her crazy! And yet... she'd never tasted one.

So, on impulse, Nari hung back from her heard. She'd decided to treat herself! She wasn't like the rest of them - those unimaginative plodders, content with their lot and totally non-cirious! - she wasn't afraid to get a bit wet in search of adventure! She was a big girl now. She wanted a plum! And she would HAVE one!

So Nari waded out into the water.

At first the current, though noticible, wasn't bad at all. The water was even pleasantly cool against her belly and legs. Easy peasy! Then, just past the center of the river when Nari could practically TASTE those plums... the ground under her hooves vanished without warning and the young mare found herself falling. The greenish water closed over her head. When she opened her mouth to shreak... the river rushed in. The current had picked up too, and as she fought her way to the surface, she could feel herself being swept downriver.

Just when Nari thought her lungs would burst, her head broke the surface, and she coughed up the water she'd taken in in exchange for lovely, wonderful, sweet, life-giving oxygen. Over the rishing river she could just hear the voices of her family, calling out to her. But her strength was gone. It was all she could to keep her head above the surface, and she had no illusions of being able to swim back to them. The chill of the water was no longer pleasant - instead, it sapped the strength from her bones. Even if she WERE able to get back to shore, she'd be on the wrong bank, and there was no way she'd EVER try to cross this river again... did her heard know? Was this why they'd never tried for the plums...?

Deus ex machina: a lasso came down over Nari's neck. When it drew tight, it began pulling her toward shore.

A group of campers had seen her go into the water and had come to her rescue. But rescue also meant captivity. And Nari was too exhausted to fight anymore.

Many years later, when one of her handlers happened to offer her a plum as a treat... Nari would refuse to eat it.

Congratz!!
dragons whisper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rondell » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:55 am

Thank you! <3

Training is a wip!

Tier One Prompt;
Write or draw about the first time you met your galingale at the facility or at your home stables. Explore ideas such as, What is their personality like? How did they react to the situation? What kind of place did they come from before? What new things are you learning about them?

Tier Two Prompt;
Write or draw about the first time you are able to groom or collar your galingale. Explore ideas such as, How did they react to this? Were you able to groom them, if they needed it? What does their martingale collar look like, if you opted to collar them? What did it take to get them to trust you enough to do this?

Tier Three Prompt;
Write or draw about the first time you tried to train your galingale, whether that be for basic obedience or showing (remember, they cannot be ridden nor raced). Explore ideas such as, Do they enjoy training? Are they easy or difficult to train? What sort of methods are you using?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit the Agglomeration!
(I.E. my characters...)

P.S - Happy holidays!!
Rondell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me