Range Trotter #946 by Phönixfeder2000

Based on Click to view
Artist Phönixfeder2000 [gallery]
Time spent 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #946

Postby Phönixfeder2000 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:47 am

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Naming contest, tell me what they like or dislike about winter. 200 words or less.

Username: Mister Hollow
Show Name: Stronger Than Whiskey
Barn Name: Whiskey

Height: 14,3hh
Eye Color: Eternal Peace
Phenotype: Faded Black Frame Overo
Genotype: EE aa Oo
Last edited by Phönixfeder2000 on Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━"𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕𝒚."━━━━━━━━━━━

Phönixfeder2000

Drawing, Anime, Music, Pokemon,
Gaming, Vampire Diaries <3

Sad Soul

━━━━━━━━━━━━“𝑰 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒊𝒛𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘… 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒆.”━━━━━━

Treats given: 83
Tricks given: 15
Phönixfeder2000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #944

Postby ivyy. » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:49 am

Username: bunnoblizzard
Show Name: BV's Patches Of Winter
Barn Name: Jasper
Height: 14.2hh
Halter Color: same as eyes w/ white flecks
Prompt: Jasper remembered the crunch of tawny leaves under his hooves. Now, it was the crunch of the angelic-like snow, something that soothed him despite the freezing temperatures. It makes him feel loving towards what he had, has, and what spring will bring next year. That is his peace of mind, the crunch of the snow, that will forever hold him tall against the shrewd comments of others and boost him in the eyes of the ones who refuse to judge him for what he has become, a gentle stallion refusing to do badly on purpose.

When Jasper is to pass on, like his family, his mother, and his father... he wishes to peacefully pass spread out across the chill of a promising winter, even if there are those who stare down at him, teary-eyed. He will forever rest there. Jasper will remain there, a friendly spirit to all who need him.
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Furrydogs12 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:15 am

Username: Furrydogs12
Show Name: Unsolved Mystery
Barn Name: Clue
Height: 13 hh
Halter Color: Blue and black
Prompt: Winter? Clue loves winter! More specifically she loves the snow. She enjoys how the snow crunches under her hooves and how snowflakes are all unique. She also enjoys the taste of snow, even though it literally tastes like water. Clue always rolls around in the snow when it falls. When you see her in the winter, she’ll have snow all over her almost impossible to identify her. (67 words)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
fαƖƖѕ ιη Ɩσνє

OηƖу α тяυє ωσƖf
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! My name is Furrydogs12, nice to meet you!
I am a roleplayer, student, and artist.
@linklinklink

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ωιтн тнє мσση
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Furrydogs12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tyrant001 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:26 pm

Username: Mister Hollow
Height: 14.3hh
Halter Color: Artist's choice!
Prompt: Whiskey's favorite thing about winter is... no more work! We're a very outdoorsy location and we don't have an indoor riding ring, and as it turns out, no one really wants to ride during the winter here. We don't blame them, we're off the coast of North Carolina and it can get pretty frigid and windy out here during the winter with plenty of bad storms. So whenever summer camp lets out for the season, the children and counselors leaving is always Whiskey's cue that it's time to relax and cut loose. She seems a lot happier without the stress that comes with the work season, though she's content to perform her duties, she's a lot more energetic, bouncy, youthful and active during the winter.
123 words

𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚋𝚊𝚕
💚
💜 💛 ❤️
Stream The Dream Eaters, stan Alan Wake
Tyrant001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phönixfeder2000 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:02 am

Mister Hollow wrote:Username: Mister Hollow
Height: 14.3hh
Halter Color: Artist's choice!
Prompt: Whiskey's favorite thing about winter is... no more work! We're a very outdoorsy location and we don't have an indoor riding ring, and as it turns out, no one really wants to ride during the winter here. We don't blame them, we're off the coast of North Carolina and it can get pretty frigid and windy out here during the winter with plenty of bad storms. So whenever summer camp lets out for the season, the children and counselors leaving is always Whiskey's cue that it's time to relax and cut loose. She seems a lot happier without the stress that comes with the work season, though she's content to perform her duties, she's a lot more energetic, bouncy, youthful and active during the winter.
123 words

I love your storage thread! I´m sure Whiskey will have a good home with you, her story sounds awesome :3
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━"𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕𝒚."━━━━━━━━━━━

Phönixfeder2000

Drawing, Anime, Music, Pokemon,
Gaming, Vampire Diaries <3

Sad Soul

━━━━━━━━━━━━“𝑰 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒊𝒛𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘… 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒆.”━━━━━━

Treats given: 83
Tricks given: 15
Phönixfeder2000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #946

Postby Tyrant001 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:25 am

Thank you so much, and thanks for the compliment on our camp! <3

𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚋𝚊𝚕
💚
💜 💛 ❤️
Tyrant001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Mon May 23, 2022 6:51 am

This trotter is a Champion Cross-Country. horse!
    They will receive the following benefits:
    • +1 Breeding Slot
    • +3% to Twin Rate

She is also eligible for a makeover to compete in other competitions!
    Please post here with what competition type you would like to be able to enter.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tyrant001 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:43 am

Whiskey is a Grand Champion!
+1 breeding slot
+3% to twin rate

𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚋𝚊𝚕
💚
💜 💛 ❤️
Tyrant001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:38 am

This horse is no longer associated with Range Trotters.
    Tyrant001 may do with them as he wishes outside of the species.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me