Time spent 4 hours, 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by vak

by vak

Range Trotter #0300 & #0301

Postby vak » Wed May 12, 2021 3:55 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

whew... that mare is quite the handful, but we managed to check her over and take some registration photos, and we happened to find the oddest thing.. She is the very first registered trotter to display the quagga gene!

This is a bit of a different marking, as it has a few quirks!
    -The quagga gene is a recessive trait, meaning you would need two carriers to express this marking in breedings!
    -Certain genes can only be expressed when this marking is expressed (namely the rau dilution)
    -The Rau dilution is actually a type of pangare! It affects the entire head and neck, as well as the legs right up to the shoulder. It always appears as a very pale cream color. It will only appear on Quagga expressers.
    -Quagga stripes appear almost exclusively on the head, neck, and sides. Very few bars appear on the legs, if any at all. These stripes are always a dark, less saturated brown no matter the coat. They also cause similarly colored streaks to appear in the mane of expressers.

contest wrote:you may enter for both mare and foal (once born) winning both is not likely, but don't let that stop you!
    to win mama, tell me about her experience on her own, and what the stallion who bred her looks like. go wild, you have two extras you may apply however you choose (writing, moodboard, playlists, art, etc)

this trotter's competition has ended.

Username: discontinued.
    Show Name: Don't Preach To Me
    Barn Name: Ava

Height: 15.3hh
    Eye Color: River meet Sea
    Phenotype: Quagga Rau Graying (Gold Cream Champagne) Roan pintaloosa (tobiano, splash, & snowcap) Somatic
    Genotype: ee | Aa | GG | CrCr | ChCh | RnRn | qaqa | Tt | Oo | LpLp +Somatic +Rau
Last edited by vak on Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #0300 & #0301

Postby Prince Audric » Thu May 13, 2021 2:01 am

Username: PrinceAudric

Show Name: Fudge stripe wonder

Barn Name: Wonder

Height: 13 hh

Halter: Teal

Story: WIP

Stallion looks:

Extra(s): (optional)
Quote from Assassins Creed
Prince Audric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby discontinued. » Thu May 13, 2021 6:03 am

x
    Halter: #DDE5B6

Stallion looks: Silver seal varnish appaloosa, 'San'

Story:
    Ava was a lone wild filly living on, and around, the famous Colorado desert plateaus after being dumped by her owner who thought she was destined to die due to her unusal coat, "There must be something wrong with it". An incredibly harsh environment for a single horse to survive in, there wasn't much to eat and even less to drink, she would spend most of her day in the little shade that there was underneath the desert brush. She had grown used to being alone, but during the cold desert nights as she slept high on the cliffs, looking to the starry sky, she still hoped that one day she would find company in this dreary wilderness.

Far from Ava there was a dust storm, she could see it off in the distance when she looked out over the desert from atop the plateau. Little did she know San, a colt, became separated from his herd trying to escape the storm. He had wandered away much further than he thought. After travelling for days he comes across a small stream in the middle of the night. Exhausted and dehydrated, he drank his fill and then fell asleep. Tomorrow will hold better things.

Ava woke early the next morning, the sun was still low in the sky, and ventured down from her sleeping spot to drink in the cool morning breeze. She found San asleep by the river, she approached him slowly and sniffed at his muzzle. She had never seen another horse here, she was in disbelief. San awakes to see Ava, startled, he jumped up and kicked at her. "Who are you?" she asked timidly with her ears pinned back. San explained his story, and how he planned to find them, but as he looked out over the distance he grew meek. How would he find them? They could be anywhere. Was it worth risking his life to get back to them? San was a young colt, he was bullied by the herd's stallion, he would have to go off on his own soon anyway. Maybe finding Ava was his sign to start his own life now.

Over the years, as they matured, Ava and San grew closer and their bond became unbreakable. Eventually, Ava started to feel the kick of a foal within her. Ava and San were afraid, this is a harsh land for a newborn foal, but together they will make it a home.

One day, the duo are confronted with an agressive mountain lion. San, determined to protect his family, told Ava to run - he will fight it off. Hesistantly, Ava listened to him and fled - sick to her stomach with worry she returns to where she last saw San but he was nowhere to be seen.. Only a few splatters of blood. Ava desperately searched for him for days, not stopping to eat or drink, until she was so weak she couldn't go on any more. She was breathing hard and barely able to keep her eyes open when rescuers came for her after people visiting the canyon spotted her from above. Now that Ava and her unborn child are safe at the rehabilitation center and growing stronger each day, we are looking for the perfect home to gently show her how great domestic life can be.

Playlist:
    Alone, IDK You Yet - Alexander 23
    Not Anymore, Butterflies - Fiji Blue
    With You, Anyone - Justin Bieber
    The Future, Last Cup Of Coffee - Valkyrae, Natsumiii & Lilypichu
    Without You, You Said You'd Grow Old With Me - Michael Schulte
    Dark Days, Lovely - Billie Eilish & Khalid
    My Strength, The Mother - Brandi Carlile

Edited to change her barn name
Last edited by discontinued. on Sat May 22, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 7 times in total.
discontinued.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Thu May 13, 2021 6:36 am

mark!
gorgeous :0

lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    if you're happy where you are
    then you need not look too far
    if you've found your place at last
    then you need not use the looking glass
    -;; bubble puppy

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Temper » Fri May 14, 2021 5:27 am

Username: Temper
Show Name: Finders Keepers
Barn Name: Keeper
Height: 14.1 hh
Halter: Eye color
Story: Keeper always had a wild heart, and yearned for adventure. Once she was old enough she left her herd in search of a journey of her own. It was lonely and hard at first. Being on her own was not easy, running from predators and trying to find food and water. But she grew strong in body and mind, learned how to navigate unfamiliar territory, and began to develop into a strong-willed and intelligent mare. Keeper eventually ran into another herd of horses, that she stayed with for a few days and ended up getting pregnant by one of the stallions. She didn't know this at the time and left them.
Being pregnant and alone is a challenge, but Keeper is a determined mare and is excited to share her adventures with her foal.
Stallion looks: Dunalino with BC spots
Extra(s): Moodboard
Last edited by Temper on Mon May 17, 2021 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

.......... Image Krasivi Collies
...........Image Krasivi Trotters
...........Image Krasivi Euphorians
...........Image Krasivi Wolfhounds
...........Image Lone Bashkir Curlies
...........Image Andaluz Sport Horses

....................Image
Temper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Lyrebird » Sun May 16, 2021 1:59 pm

Username: .Lyrebird
    Show Name: Snowstorm Sunflower
    Barn Name: Alizeti
    Height: 15.2 hh
    Halter: The blue & green from the 'ufa' sign, with yellow flowers & petals: link
    Story: WIP
    - original herd thought she would be a beacon for predators, and so they cast her out once she was weaned
    - found a young stallion similar to herself, the two bonded and slowly gathered their own herd
    - the stallion was captured but then lost in the prior round-up, and the herd disintegrated
    - the mare was finally caught and brought in to quarantine
    Stallion looks: Cream Wildebeest Grulla Pintaloosa ( Splash + Extended Blanket )
    Extras: WIP
    - moodboard
x
⟨ Kitty/Lyre ⋆ She/Her ⟩

i miss you little dragon
real life is hard again
may be distant

.Lyrebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby discontinued. » Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:50 am

^
discontinued.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vak » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:15 pm

discontinued. wrote:
    x
    Halter: #DDE5B6

Stallion looks: Silver seal varnish appaloosa, 'San'

Story:
    Ava was a lone wild filly living on, and around, the famous Colorado desert plateaus after being dumped by her owner who thought she was destined to die due to her unusal coat, "There must be something wrong with it". An incredibly harsh environment for a single horse to survive in, there wasn't much to eat and even less to drink, she would spend most of her day in the little shade that there was underneath the desert brush. She had grown used to being alone, but during the cold desert nights as she slept high on the cliffs, looking to the starry sky, she still hoped that one day she would find company in this dreary wilderness.

Far from Ava there was a dust storm, she could see it off in the distance when she looked out over the desert from atop the plateau. Little did she know San, a colt, became separated from his herd trying to escape the storm. He had wandered away much further than he thought. After travelling for days he comes across a small stream in the middle of the night. Exhausted and dehydrated, he drank his fill and then fell asleep. Tomorrow will hold better things.

Ava woke early the next morning, the sun was still low in the sky, and ventured down from her sleeping spot to drink in the cool morning breeze. She found San asleep by the river, she approached him slowly and sniffed at his muzzle. She had never seen another horse here, she was in disbelief. San awakes to see Ava, startled, he jumped up and kicked at her. "Who are you?" she asked timidly with her ears pinned back. San explained his story, and how he planned to find them, but as he looked out over the distance he grew meek. How would he find them? They could be anywhere. Was it worth risking his life to get back to them? San was a young colt, he was bullied by the herd's stallion, he would have to go off on his own soon anyway. Maybe finding Ava was his sign to start his own life now.

Over the years, as they matured, Ava and San grew closer and their bond became unbreakable. Eventually, Ava started to feel the kick of a foal within her. Ava and San were afraid, this is a harsh land for a newborn foal, but together they will make it a home.

One day, the duo are confronted with an agressive mountain lion. San, determined to protect his family, told Ava to run - he will fight it off. Hesistantly, Ava listened to him and fled - sick to her stomach with worry she returns to where she last saw San but he was nowhere to be seen.. Only a few splatters of blood. Ava desperately searched for him for days, not stopping to eat or drink, until she was so weak she couldn't go on any more. She was breathing hard and barely able to keep her eyes open when rescuers came for her after people visiting the canyon spotted her from above. Now that Ava and her unborn child are safe at the rehabilitation center and growing stronger each day, we are looking for the perfect home to gently show her how great domestic life can be.

Playlist:
    Alone, IDK You Yet - Alexander 23
    Not Anymore, Butterflies - Fiji Blue
    With You, Anyone - Justin Bieber
    The Future, Last Cup Of Coffee - Valkyrae, Natsumiii & Lilypichu
    Without You, You Said You'd Grow Old With Me - Michael Schulte
    Dark Days, Lovely - Billie Eilish & Khalid
    My Strength, The Mother - Brandi Carlile

Edited to change her barn name

congrats
vak

My pets