Username: chemical.
    Show Name: Well of Sorrows
    Barn Name: Abelas

Height: 15.3 hh
    Eye Color: Toastin' Marshmallows
    Phenotype: Sooty Smokey Black Tovero Varnish roan Sabino, w/lacing, pangare
    Genotype: EE | aa | Crcr | ff | Tt | Oo | Sbsb | LpLp | StySty
    Notes: • This trotter is dominant for extension
    • This trotter is dominant for leopard complex (appaloosa)
    • This trotter is dominant for sooty
    • Lace passes at 25%
    • Pangare passes at 25%

contest wrote:another raffle! you can earn extra tickets to win if you give this guy some development. only 1 ticket per extra allowed, but any type of extra is allowed, up to three.

this trotters competition has ended.
Last edited by vak on Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
vak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: range trotter #283

Postby HowlingHooves » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:50 am

i love this boyo toooooo ♥

Username: HowlingHooves
    Show Name: Compass of Souls
    Barn Name: Daelahk
    Halter Color: #786253 + #879969
    Extras (max 3):

In springtime breezes
    A gentle heart stands waiting
    A child lights his eyes.

———————————
    “Daelahk, pick up your feet, boy!” A young boy chimed. Said horse, much too tall for the small eight year old, blustered patiently but stood strong even with a flurry of kicks from a booted heel. The kicks against his wide sides were but wing beats from a moth to the horse, the boy fluttering about in the saddle and trying to get Daelahk into a trot.

Broad as he was, too much grain through the winter, Daelahk paid little mind to the boy atop him. Snorting when the boy groaned, loudly, in frustration, the horse turned his head to glance back at him, as if asking what did you need from me again? “Mooom!” The boy cried out, turning himself half around in his seat to find the woman who was supposed to be helping him get this fat horse ready for summer poles.

“Make him work, Joshua.” She said half heartedly, her attention on the mare she was saddling before her. “You’re in charge up there, if he won’t move you make him.”

“I’m trying!” He cried again, huffing as he kicked Daelahk again to try and move forward. But Daelahk still didn’t move, groaned as he stretched a leg and rubbed an itch on his nose. “Daelahk, just move.” Joshua begged, and, hearing the desperation it seemed, Daelahk glanced back again as if to laugh before snorting and finally, finally, doing as asked.

Joshua yelped as he began not with a walk, but the choppy trot he was known for. It wasn’t smooth, it wasn’t pretty to look at it, but it was all Daelahk. And, after taking a few moments to get into the same rhythm as his horse Joshua grumbled as he turned the stallion about and headed for the ground poles. “About time, you lazy butt.” Joshua muttered, but soon all ire was forgotten as Daelahk cleared all the obstacles but in front of him.

———————————
    Today was the day!

The first day of summer events, and Joshua was nervous, as if he hadn’t done this before. Of course, the young boy of eight hadn’t done this exactly. Having earned the required thirty dollars for entry, so much work put into cleaning stalls and other chores, he didn’t want to go home empty handed. Last year wasn’t a paid entry, it was a free run and it had been fun!

But this was serious. For an eight year old.

His hands shook as he saddled up his partner, a tall roan he adored and who treated him as though he was in need of guidance. Impulsive as the child was, the patient Daelahk had instilled quite a bit of patience into the boy after their many sessions from late February until now.

Unlike Joshua, Daelahk was the epitome of calm. Unbothered, even by the nervous horses near or the shrieks of happy children. He submitted with ease to the nervous boys ministrations, lipping at whenever he neared his head as if giving encouragement. He didn’t suck air when his saddle was cinched, and he took the bit without a playful fuss as he usually did. Joshua didn’t realize, however, but Daelahk didn’t mind. He had a boy to keep steady, even if it wasn’t recognized in the moment.

And then it was their turn at the poles, Joshua clenching his hands into the stallions’ mane to keep them in place and hide the nervous shaking. He spotted his mom at the guard rail, her own mare watching and waiting for their go at the bareback competition. She smiled and cheered him on, to which Joshua nodded and tried to smile himself.

When the buzzer sounded for his time to start, Daelahk took off at a quick walk, Joshua having not even asked and still distracted by his mom, before he picked up the pace once the boy was paying attention. His trot was choppy and looked all around uncomfortable, but Joshua fell into it as though a glass of water on a hot day, bouncing in rhythm before a lope was picked up. And then they were weaving, faster than Joshua ever remembered the stallion being. Left, right, left, right, left, right… Joshua wasn’t even moving the reins, his hands still tight in Daelahks’ mane!

When they finished the poles, Daelahk turned and broke into a gallop. A gallop with a boy far too small for him, who just crouched over his back and hung on as if that was all he could think to do! And Joshua had only pulled gently on the reins once to get Daelahk to slow, obedient and quick.

Having been the last to race, Joshua could barely hear through the blood pumping in his ears, but he saw his mother waving her arms excitedly. Daelahks head was up and excited, too, and when Joshua could hear again he saw the judge coming with a ribbon. A blue ribbon.

Once it was clipped to Daelahks’ bridle, the judge shook his hand heartily. “Haven’t seen a stallion weave so fast in a long time, Joshua! Great job on getting him ready for it!”

“But.. I didn’t ask him for anything. Except to stop.” Joshua stammered, staring as Daelahk gazed all around them.

The judge smiled, his thick mustache curling as he patted Daelahk on the neck. “Then you have a very good friend, Joshua. Don’t forget that, if he’s willing to do what you need without you asking. Now, your prize pot is waiting up front, go take a walk around the arena with him and pick it up.” He set both horse and boy off around the fence line, smiling as they walked away.

And Joshua couldn’t stop grinning even as his lazy horse walked with the speed of a turtle, unhurried and unbothered by anything around him as usual.

Last edited by HowlingHooves on Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hunnybee » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:51 pm

Username: hunnybee
Show Name: Something Different
Barn Name: Dylan
Height: 15.2hh
Halter Color: black
Extras (max 3): maybe
hunnybee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meekins12345 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:02 pm

Username: Meekins12345
Show Name: The One They Love
Barn Name: Robin Hood
Height: 15.3hhs
Halter Color: Artist's choice
Extras (max 3): Perhaps
╔══.·:·.☽мєєкιηѕ☾.·:·.══╗
Child of the Living God
Doodler | Roleplayer
.·:·.
Wanna trade? Check out my
trading group!
Wanna chat or roleplay? PM me! ouo
Convocation
Valley of Kings
Three Pine Range
╚═══.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.═══╝
Meekins12345

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tordier » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:04 am

Username:
    Gleon
Show Name:
    RNBW Strip of Clearing
Barn Name:
    Ripley
Height:
    14.3hh
Halter Color:
    #DD58A3
Extras:
    HERE
    HERE
    HERE

Dropping out. Congrats to the winner!
Last edited by Tordier on Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tordier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Southern sweetie » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:18 am

Username: southern sweetie
Show Name: Marshmallow Delight
Barn Name: Marsh
Height: 15.8
Halter Color: artists choice
Extras (max 3): will add!
Southern sweetie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chemical. » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:35 am

Username: chemical.
    Show Name: Well of Sorrows
    Barn Name: Abelas ("sorrow")
    Halter Color: Eye color fade <3
    Extras (max 3):

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦

Personality wrote:.

“Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.”
      ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

xxxxxAbelas is a very private and reticent stallion. Very little tends to be known about him, save for that he is very curt and softspoken, often coming off as ill-mannered even though this is not his intention. He simply does not derive joy from most conversation, and while he will content himself to listening to the struggles of others, would prefer his own thoughts and emotions remain carefully encased within his own mind, hidden behind an expressionless face. Abelas is nothing if not an enigma, even to those who feel they know him the most. Perhaps he just doesn't want to inconvenience anyone with his own worries, endlessly swirling in the hurricane of his troubled mind; or perhaps he is fearful of how he would be treated if his over-reactive thoughts ever came to light.
      xxxxxThough it would be easy to assume from his posturing, Abelas is not an emotionless being. He feels very strongly, doubtlessly too often and about too much. He cares very deeply for the acquaintances he has come to know, even if they feel he is more of a ghost or a statue than their true friend. The term 'heart of gold' fits him perfectly, so long as he is not provided a reason for disdain against you. There is very little that Abelas could not be understanding, or supportive, of save for perhaps unwarranted cruelty. To those around him, he seems as sturdy as an anchor; never budging from his calm and discreet demeanor. Never showing any sign that he may bend or break under the pressure. He is just simply always the same, and many have come to grow attached to his tranquil presence.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦

A Taste of Love wrote:.

Soft brown eyes glittering in the beaming morning sun, as graceful as a spirit drifting over the soft, dew-covered grass. "So beautiful," he thought helplessly, (first memory of Charmeine)

xxxxxShe was always different. From the very first moment, he just felt... connected to her in a way he hadn't felt with anyone else. She shared his same self-contained air that made him instantly feel comfortable in her presence, like he was at home. No words were required between them, nothing to fill the silence that many would find unpleasant. However, when she did speak, it was as if listening to the softest of melodies; it was a sound that brought him peace, and joy, and comfort. The best part yet was that she seemed just as drawn to him, always finding his side when left to roam. It took no time at all for the two near-soundless creatures to form a bond so strong that none could separate them.
chemical.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:05 am

Username: nio
    Show Name: Dormant Volcano