Based on Click to view
Artist ataraxic_gone [gallery]
Time spent 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Omens | #71

Postby ataraxic_gone » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:50 am

Welcome to Omens!
Omens is a warrior cats based ARPG ( adopts role play game ). Apply for a founder, build your clan. complete quests and embark on thrilling prophecies. spawn your next generation of warriors. your clan, your rules ! choose from a short, medium, or long furred cat as your founder! explore the world of omens and cultivate your clan

If you do not own a Founder yet, you can adopt this one as your founder!
This cat may not be traded until one month after the date judged!

This cat achieved victory, but at what cost?
500 words max | ends 72 hours from posting

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

Username:
    Cat Name:
    Clan:
    Description: A chocolate silver tabby / black solid chimera with orange and blue eyes
    Edits: [S] medium fur, tufts [NR] scars
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Omens | #71

Postby .Lyrebird » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:24 am

Username: .Lyrebird
    Cat Name: Wildfire
    Clan: Lightningclan
    Rank: Deputy? Possibly? Will edit as my muse fills out more
      Prompt: hrg wip
      "And stay gone!" Wildflame spat at the retreating forms of their foes, watching singed tails and burnt whiskers vanish into the moor grasses while adrenaline and pride buzzed through her veins at successfully defending everything she held dear. Mismatched eyes turned towards her clan to celebrate, and while the faces she met were just as proud and happy as she'd been mere moments before, the flames that danced like deadly beasts through the camp made her spirits plummet.

Every leaf was gone, every blade of grass or clump of young ferns reduced to ash, their stored food smoldered in an unrecognizable heap, and Wildfire could near-taste the acrid scent of burning herbs. Their home was ruined, and she had ruined it. Desperation to drive back the intruders had pushed her to grab a torch and set fire to the leaf-fall dried grasses under the other clan's paws without heed that it would spread and even now that they were victorious, Wildfire could see the flickers of flame that devoured the forest beyond the camp.

Cats who had the magic to douse the fire ran to start their efforts, while others frantically singed their paws patting out embers and smaller flames before they could turn into anything larger, and still others were diving into the still-smoldering medicine cat's den and nursery to retrieve life-saving herbs and check for any missing kits or queens.

Wildfire herself sat numbly to one side, utterly unhelpful as cats rushed all around her until the familiar pelt of Houndstar appeared before her unfocused gaze, expression hard and she knew he was upset with her. "You did what you had to do, stop wallowing and help fix it before we lose our home forever."

x
⟨ Kitty/Lyre ⋆ She/Her ⟩

i miss you little dragon
real life is hard again
may be distant

.Lyrebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby denja » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:40 am

res!
denja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:57 am

Username:
Cat Name: Rushing Waters
Clan: to be made, would be founder
Prompt:
Wip,
hello.
I… am not at my best right now, and I’ll be taking a small break from most chickensmoothie things. (mainly everything expect roleplays)
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:01 pm

Username: nio
    Cat Name: Dust From Emu's Leap (Dust)
    Clan: the tribe of fallen stars
    Prompt: It was customary for the Tribe; the Casting of Stones. Every cat took a small stone or pebble and placed it on the side of a line drawn in the dust. One side meant a vote for one option, the other for a different option. It was an important part of the Tribe's decision making. It was only fair for every cat, from the tiniest kit to the eldest gray-muzzle, to have their say in how the Tribe works. The Star-reader respected the winning vote no matter what, despite being the supposed leader of the Tribe. No cat had ever had any quarrels with this system.

Until Dust From Emu's Leap.

The sole healer of the tribe had overhead the Star-reader and the Star-watching discussing the next cast of stones. The Tribe was to chase after the dingo that had taken a queen's kit and raid it's den. The sheer danger of the mission sent Dust into a panic. There was no way all the Tribe's cats would return. They were not even sure how many dingoes were living in the lair, let alone where it was even located. They would have to spend days, maybe even moons, out in the open outback searching. Predators were hardly even a risk at this point, the lack of water and prey and the scorching heat would surely wear out or kill some of the cats who went.

Dust knew from the second they heard the two leaders discussion that they couldn't let this mission go forward. They hardly had any herbs stocked up as the sun-season had dried most of them up. Cats would die, and get wounded, and the wounded would hardly stand a chance at surviving. The risk was too high for the reward — everyone knew that kit couldn't possibly be alive. Dust knew the whole Tribe wanted revenge. He knew they wouldn't be swayed.

So on the evening of the Casting of Stones, as the sun set, Dust made their plan. The voting so far had been half and half, but the pile for hunting the dingo was growing and growing. As healer, Dust was the last to vote. Their paws shook as they stepped up to the single last pebble in the red sand. He gingerly picked it up in his jaws and placed it on the against hunting the dingo. As he did, still shaking, he whisked his tail ever so slightly and pushed a pile of pebbles from the for side to the against side. Tense, he look around to see if anyone had noticed.

No one.

Dust stepped back and looked up at the Star-reader. He nodded. She nodded back. Nothing in her eyes showed that she had seen that he'd done.

I'm sorry, Tribe. I'm sorry for lying to you all, for stripping you of your right to make decisions. But I couldn't stand here and let you all die. Please understand.

[492 words]

tl;dr dust commits voter fraud for his clan's safety.
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

semi-hiatus! focusing on bettering my health ^o^
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ataraxic_gone » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:43 am

nio wrote:

Dust out of eyesight, what crimes will they commit?!? Voter fraud!
    I loved this entry, the set up to the scene where the fraud was committed and just the neat tid bits like the star reader giving approval despite not knowing what had taken place. Have fun with Dust!
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:56 am

AHHH thank you so much!! <3
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th