14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Beaumont Collie #470 Adopted

Postby j. bourne » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:35 am

Adopted

Username: DarkestWerewolf
    Name: Charon "Charon’s Obol"
    Height: 21 in
    Weight: 45 lbs
    Colour: Cervus Masked Dark Blue and Tan Reverse Brindle Cryptic Merle Ticked Minimal White
    Genotype: Aya BB cchcch dd EmcEmc hh II kbrky Mam Ssw Tt UU lclc
    Breeding Notes: Special brindle passes with a 2% rate!

River Styx
    --

This collie is part of the Fall Festival!

This collie seems to be afraid of the stream on their usual walking trail! Why is that?
    Minimum 200 words, no maximum OR at least one colored art piece.
    Please give them a name related to the theme. Ends after 10/31.

Last edited by j. bourne on Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
j. bourne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Beaumont Collie #470 Open

Postby Southern sweetie » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:49 am

Username: southern sweetie
Name: River
Name Meaning: tbd
Prompt: wip
Southern sweetie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:32 am

Username:
Name: Charon’s Obol // Charon
Name Meaning:
    Charon was known as the ferryman of Styx, transporting souls across the river for a price.
    In ancient times some believed that a coin (Charon's obol) placed in the mouth of a dead person would pay the toll for the ferry across the river to the entrance of the underworld.
    Charon's obol is an allusive term for the coin placed in or on the mouth of a dead person before burial.
Prompt:
    A sigh escaped him. Quivering eyes panned his surroundings. Ears perked and alert, trying to tune in to every sound of nature. His body was stiff, every muscle in his body was tense. Even then, Charon knew this would be for naught. His master was calling for him. Her chirpy voice called his name, her arms waving enthusiastically, beckoning him to follow.

With great hesitance, he eventually gave in and followed her. It was just a simple walk. Yet, he couldn’t shake the incident from his mind despite it happening years ago. His master was a lot younger back then, a playful little lass, oblivious to the dangers of the world. Charon has always been around her to keep her safe. He had a special ability to see the dead. Charon never knew whether he wanted to class it as a gift or a curse. It has definitely helped him in times but the things he’s seen and incidents he had encountered had been burned into his brain, something he’d rather not have.

That fateful day, his young master was taking a stroll with him following closely. The day felt off right from the start. The harmless and passive forest spirits he’d usually see had disappeared. It felt as if time had stopped but only him and his master were able to move. The sound of rushing water filled their ears, signalling their approach to a stream. They would usually hop across the rocks to get across the stream and continue on their trail. He stopped, smelling the air and looking around. Something definitely wasn’t right. He glanced over to his young master, who had taken her first step onto the rock. Charon immediately saw the spirit. He let out a bark but it was too late. The water currant suddenly picked up speed and a strong wave of water swept the girl off the rock. A heinous water spirit could be seen under the surface, cackling, as its body slithered towards the girl.

Charon immediately leapt into the water, the stream wasn’t meant to be so deep or fast-flowing. The water spirit was definitely behind it. The unconscious girl was carried by the rushing water as he struggled to swim after her. He could see the spirit catching up to him. He knew he wouldn’t make it on time and needed to think of a plan. He took a deep breath and dove into the water, turning around to face the spirit. It let out a screech. Charon bit on the side of its face. The spirit let out a scream as it began thrashing about, falling wildly. Charon continued to hang on, biting down harder onto the spirit.

He knew that the plan was working, he could feel the currant growing slower. However, the spirit started to drag Charon on the rocks and dirt in an attempt to get him off. He was running out of air and the spirit’s attempts were proving to be effective. His vision started to get blurry but if he let go now, he knew that the spirit would go after his master. With one last effort, he bit as hard as he could. Charon could hear what sounded like none cracks coming from the spirit. The water around him recessed as the currant slowed. He was no longer in deep water. He could see his young master a distance away, unconscious but the soft breathing of her chest brought him relief. Charon limped towards his master and laid there till help came. She was never able to recall what happened.

Years had passed and Charon had avoided the stream since. He was able to follow his master on walks but the moment he hears water, he would drag his owner away. At the present moment, his master was calling for him to go on a walk with her. It was always the same path. He had memorised it so well. They would always encounter a tree with a low hanging branch and a field of daisies next to it before he hears the water. At that moment, he’ll gently bite his master’s shirt and tug her to another trail.
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowspongefactory » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:44 am

Username: rainbowspongefactory
Name: Marzanna
Name Meaning: After Marzanna, the Pagan Salvic Goddess associated with seasonal rites based on death.
Prompt:
(You might have to turn your brightness up to see some things)

The stream was Marzanna's favourite part of her daily walk. She looked forward to splashing around in the cool water, even in the chilly autumn and winter. Until today.

As soon as the owner unclipped the lead, she leapt through the tall, soft grass, heading straight for the stream. Usually she would dive straight into the crystal clear water, loving how the water felt on her paw pads. However this time, something made her pause on the muddy bank.

She was glad she had, because when she looked in, it wasn't her reflection staring back, but floating fish bones. They were carried along in the current of the dark, murky stream.

Huh? What happened? This definitely wasn't normal. There hadn't been any fish in the stream before, not even alive. So how did they get there? And more importantly, what killed them?

Her eyes followed the stream back to the source, and she gasped at what she saw. A long, dark shadow was slithering beneath the water, and she could have sworn she saw glowing red eyes staring back at her.

What on earth is that?! Her fur stood on end and her tail disappeared between her legs in fear. There was no way she was swimmithere ever again, she didn't want to be a Monster's dinner!

Marzanna rushed back to her owner, barking to warn her not to come any closer to the stream. They'd have to find a new walking route, but right now she wanted to go back home and curl up u der her blanket. Luckily her owner seemed to understand, and they went back home until she found another route for them.

Last edited by rainbowspongefactory on Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
rainbowspongefactory

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WarriorcatKitty » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:20 am

Username: WarriorcatKitty
Name: River of Shadows "River"
Name Meaning:
Prompt:

It was normal day, a little cold but nothing unusual, when River realised it...
When he realised the truth.
He'd always tried to be a nice dog, and be as friendly as possible. But everyone always seemed to be afraid of him. His master wasn't, thankfully, but others still widened there eyes and looked frightened around him. River hadn't known why. His mother dog had always said he had a strange marking on his fur, but he hadn't really thought about it too much. To him, it just looked like an ordinary white mark...
But now he figured it out. Now he knew why so many were frightened by him. As River stared into the stream, he saw something that terrified him.

There was a human skull in the stream.
He lept back in fright, making his master jump too. River yelped in fear, and pressed himself up against his master, trembling. What was that doing in the stream?! And why... Why did it look so similar to the mark on his chest?
River heard his master say something in a soft voice, as if he was trying to comfort him. But River couldn't calm down. He stood there trembling in fear. His also master stood still for a minute, then grabbed his leash and turned around.
"Come on." River recognized those words, his master wanted him to come. Although he followed right away, his heart was still filled with fear.
Even as they left the stream behind them, River felt something dark nearby, a darkness he hadn't noticed before. Or maybe it was closer than that... Maybe the darkness was inside of him.
my memory is the worst, so if you believe i have forgotten art, payment, or anything, please send me a message and remind me!!

Call me Autumn or Wolf !! <3
✨t1 diabetic||ey/em/she/her/they/them||ND||therian✨

please use tone tags with me <3
interests atm: Cartoons/Animation (specifically hyperfixated on hazbin hotel atm), Drawing, Animal Jam, WolfQuest, Warrior Cats.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
everyone go gift Haze rn they are the bestest friend ever <3
✨🌕✨
"late at night, when the stars don't look quite right..."
Image Image Image

WarriorcatKitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby j. bourne » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:50 am

DarkestWerewolf wrote:Username: DarkestWerewolf
Name: Charon’s Obol // Charon
Name Meaning:
    Charon was known as the ferryman of Styx, transporting souls across the river for a price.
    In ancient times some believed that a coin (Charon's obol) placed in the mouth of a dead person would pay the toll for the ferry across the river to the entrance of the underworld.
    Charon's obol is an allusive term for the coin placed in or on the mouth of a dead person before burial.
Prompt:
    A sigh escaped him. Quivering eyes panned his surroundings. Ears perked and alert, trying to tune in to every sound of nature. His body was stiff, every muscle in his body was tense. Even then, Charon knew this would be for naught. His master was calling for him. Her chirpy voice called his name, her arms waving enthusiastically, beckoning him to follow.

With great hesitance, he eventually gave in and followed her. It was just a simple walk. Yet, he couldn’t shake the incident from his mind despite it happening years ago. His master was a lot younger back then, a playful little lass, oblivious to the dangers of the world. Charon has always been around her to keep her safe. He had a special ability to see the dead. Charon never knew whether he wanted to class it as a gift or a curse. It has definitely helped him in times but the things he’s seen and incidents he had encountered had been burned into his brain, something he’d rather not have.

That fateful day, his young master was taking a stroll with him following closely. The day felt off right from the start. The harmless and passive forest spirits he’d usually see had disappeared. It felt as if time had stopped but only him and his master were able to move. The sound of rushing water filled their ears, signalling their approach to a stream. They would usually hop across the rocks to get across the stream and continue on their trail. He stopped, smelling the air and looking around. Something definitely wasn’t right. He glanced over to his young master, who had taken her first step onto the rock. Charon immediately saw the spirit. He let out a bark but it was too late. The water currant suddenly picked up speed and a strong wave of water swept the girl off the rock. A heinous water spirit could be seen under the surface, cackling, as its body slithered towards the girl.

Charon immediately leapt into the water, the stream wasn’t meant to be so deep or fast-flowing. The water spirit was definitely behind it. The unconscious girl was carried by the rushing water as he struggled to swim after her. He could see the spirit catching up to him. He knew he wouldn’t make it on time and needed to think of a plan. He took a deep breath and dove into the water, turning around to face the spirit. It let out a screech. Charon bit on the side of its face. The spirit let out a scream as it began thrashing about, falling wildly. Charon continued to hang on, biting down harder onto the spirit.

He knew that the plan was working, he could feel the currant growing slower. However, the spirit started to drag Charon on the rocks and dirt in an attempt to get him off. He was running out of air and the spirit’s attempts were proving to be effective. His vision started to get blurry but if he let go now, he knew that the spirit would go after his master. With one last effort, he bit as hard as he could. Charon could hear what sounded like none cracks coming from the spirit. The water around him recessed as the currant slowed. He was no longer in deep water. He could see his young master a distance away, unconscious but the soft breathing of her chest brought him relief. Charon limped towards his master and laid there till help came. She was never able to recall what happened.

Years had passed and Charon had avoided the stream since. He was able to follow his master on walks but the moment he hears water, he would drag his owner away. At the present moment, his master was calling for him to go on a walk with her. It was always the same path. He had memorised it so well. They would always encounter a tree with a low hanging branch and a field of daisies next to it before he hears the water. At that moment, he’ll gently bite his master’s shirt and tug her to another trail.

Congrats!
j. bourne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowspongefactory » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:56 am

Congrats! Please don't use my art as I will be recolouring it!
rainbowspongefactory

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Beaumont Collie #470 Adopted

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:57 am

Ahh thank you so much!!!
DarkestWerewolf