Based on Click to view
Artist MySpoons [gallery]
Time spent 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

VOK Halloween Event #14

Postby MySpoons » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:13 pm

To adopt this lion, you must either:
1. Have a founder, be at least level 1, and have enough space to accommodate this lion
2. Or, you can adopt this one as your founder!

What new tradition does this lion bring from their home to your pride? 500 words max, or 1 art piece. Ends the 30th of October at 7pm CST.
MEDIUM EDIT: spade tail
NR: moon tattoo

Username: Sunlitsecrets
Lion name: Irene
Lion gender: female
Pride: Starheart's Regiment
Pride status: Scrapper

Last edited by MySpoons on Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: VOK Halloween Event #14

Postby AwkwardAnxiety » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:28 pm

Username: AwkwardAnxiety
Lion name: Minze
Lion gender: Female
Pride: Spirit's dawning
Pride status: Hunter
Prompt:
WIP
This user no longer participates on Chicken Smoothie and wishes not to be contacted
AwkwardAnxiety

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QueenOfWyrms » Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:34 pm

Username: QueenOfWyrms
Lion name: Clover
Pride: PoB
Pride status: Nadiri Batling
Prompt:
wip- In Nadiri Society, one says the names of all their loved ones before they fall asleep. however, you do not mention someone else's list in conversation with others, or even your own in writing, for it is rude.
Last edited by QueenOfWyrms on Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
QueenOfWyrms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:31 pm

Username: minifun990
Lion name: Silvia (S)
Pride: Mystic Isles
Pride status: Beta Oracle
Prompt:
Followers of The Maker hardly called themselves a pride, let alone had any traditions. They were a ragtag bunch of lions, who had nothing better to do than follow a rather eccentric lioness, listen to her views, and perhaps benefit from some ‘miracles’ along the way.

There wasn’t really time for traditions in such a pride. Where lions only joined briefly, sometimes not even leaving their territory before deciding to give up on such an odd lifestyle.

That was until Silvia joined.

If G had known how much the grey lioness would change things she would’ve chased her off the moment they met. Instead, she simply nodded to the newcomer and continued explaining to the gathered few that all their beliefs about the world, the gods, and the universe was wrong. As always, not many appreciated this. But unlike normal, when G, C, and a few others found themselves being chased out of the pride, curses raining upon them and warnings to never return they heard something new.

Laughter.

Coming from a small grey lioness, who continued chortling even as the group slowed to a stop.

“Well, that-” She broke off into more laughter. “Was brilliant. I didn’t know one could anger a pride so thoroughly in so few words.”

“That wasn’t my intention.” G replied, glowering a little. She had been mocked enough today and wasn’t keen for anymore. The grey lionesses face fell and she regarded G closely.

“You are kidding.” She said, her mouth tilted up in a slight smirk. But when G just continued to glare she grinned more.

“Hey! G works so hard on her speeches I-” C sputtered to a stop as Silvia’s eyes met his, backing back a step.

“Well if that’s the case, I think it might be time to change some things.”

It took a fair bit more discussion and arguing before things started to change though. Silvia (Now called S) made it so each night each member currently said one thing that the maker did for them, or that they had seen from Her. It brought the pride together, as well as encouraging belief, each lion listening to other’s stories.

G disliked it, knowing that most of the stories were fake, or simply chance. But she saw the good and so it continued.

Silvia decided there should be a day of feasting and celebration every 10 days. It encouraged wanderers to stay longer, and made staying seem more fun than other prides.

G disliked it, it was gluttonous.

Silvia started preaching to the prides they stopped at. She was a far better speaker, she said the things the Maker could give others, told them what they wanted to hear. More started to be recruited, and while G was still oracle, Silvia was someone blessed as well.

G hated it, for it was only parts of the truth. But it was easier, and it worked.

And slowly the tradition cemented. The one where G gave into Silvia’s new plans and ideas.

(500/500)
Last edited by minifun990 on Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔"

-𝓖𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓻

Cloud Cows

Sig cycles gear deer - Click to go to thread :)
minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -wild- » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:05 pm

Username: -wild-
    Lion name: Amandalyn --- meaning 'she must be loved'
    Pride: Rosetinted Pride
    Pride status:
    Prompt:

Amandalyn has brought - The Moonlit Gathering
      Every month, under the full moon, Amandalyn will gather her new pride and bring them too a large crystallised rock that imitates the moon and reflects it light like the moon does itself. The lions will all surround the rock until the moon is direction above it. Then each member shares what they have achieved in that month and what they hope for in the next one, then after each member has spoke, they leave a rock they have found that day and leave it by the large moon stone.
Last edited by -wild- on Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// use to be wildhorse027 //
-may be slow to reply to things as my irl can be hectic <3-

-wild-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galeslash7 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:20 pm

Username: MacawWildGirl
Lion name:Silverwaters
Lion gender:Female
Pride:
Pride status: NightBird
Prompt:
Loki here will take you to the MACAW JUNGLE!!!
A storage of all my adopts!
ImageImage
Galeslash7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:05 pm

Username: Sunlitsecrets
Prompt:
"...and when the moon turns blue, we all go out and catch fireflies. Then, we bring them out to the tallest spot we can find and let them go, into the air! It's supposed to be a sign of good luck. I've never seen it that way, though. It's more of just a fun time with friends, for me. Cause with all these new lights in the sky, and the moon up above, it feels magical. My friends and I would always tell ghost stories. You know, ones about visitors from other planets and werelions and all sorts of spooky creatures. I really loved it!"

"...I wish that my friends could be here so we could do it again." The newly arrived lion hangs her head and sighs. What had previously been a look of wonder fades into sadness. Svarog sits with the new lion and frowns into the silence, until he gains an idea.

"Hey!" She looks up to him as he speaks. "Silvarum might be a different planet, but that's not to say you can't make new friends, or keep old traditions going. How about this - next time there's a full moon around here, I'll go firefly hunting with you. That sound alright?"

She smiles, excited at the prospect. "Yeah," Irene says, as she turns her gaze to the sky. "I think I'd like that."
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:07 am

Username: RupturedRaptor
Lion name: Meryis
Pride: Fire Empire
Pride status: Hunter
Prompt:

Meryis ushered for the lions to gather in a circle. She had enjoyed learning about their traditions and now she was eager to teach them one of her own. She made them each sit, being meticulous about the space inbetween each individual. She took from a small purple bag what appeared to be a tooth of some sort.

“This is the tooth from a great ocean beast. It was won in battle.” She declared as she made her way around the circle, showing off the tooth to each lion. Meryis gently placed the tooth on the ground, in the middle of the circle.

She sat down in a vacant space and asked the lions to bow their heads. Although appearing slightly odd, the lions obliged, curious to see what would happen next. Meryis spoke a few words in a language the lions did not understand, speaking with mysterious gargles and clicks.

“You can raise your heads now.” She said happily. “Now we all approach the tooth and think about our friends, family, anyone you love. Meanwhile, I will break the tooth with this.” She brought out of the bag a sharp looking orange stone, quite unlike anything the lions had seen before.

The lions approached the tooth, watching as Meryis hit the tooth with the sharp side of the stone. The tooth cracked in two.

“By breaking the tooth we send fortune to those we love”. She explained to the others. “It can be done twice in a year, but no more than that. Performing this more brings bad omens.”

The lions seemed intrigued, later asking a few questions about the tradition. Meryis was happy, overjoyed even, to answer. First she taught the lions how to copy the clicks and gargles of her native language, finding it amusing when the lions found it difficult to distinguish the difference between words that sounded completely different to her. Notably they had some difficulty with some of the gargles, simply lacking the right throat structures to make the sound.

“It’s ok, you just copy the best you can.” She reassured them. It took the lions a while to find a suitable substitute sound, but everyone seemed rather happy with the achievement once they did.

That afternoon Meryis had unknowingly started a new tradition in the pride. Having learnt how to perform the ritual of the tooth, the pride eventually adopted it as one of their own, performing it twice a year, once at the end of the festival of the arch, and the other at the beginning of the feast of the sun (at the end of winter). Meryis found herself happy to have preserved one of her own traditions, and found it nice to participate in the prides own traditions too.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:57 pm

Sunlitsecrets wrote:Username: Sunlitsecrets
Prompt:
"...and when the moon turns blue, we all go out and catch fireflies. Then, we bring them out to the tallest spot we can find and let them go, into the air! It's supposed to be a sign of good luck. I've never seen it that way, though. It's more of just a fun time with friends, for me. Cause with all these new lights in the sky, and the moon up above, it feels magical. My friends and I would always tell ghost stories. You know, ones about visitors from other planets and werelions and all sorts of spooky creatures. I really loved it!"

"...I wish that my friends could be here so we could do it again." The newly arrived lion hangs her head and sighs. What had previously been a look of wonder fades into sadness. Svarog sits with the new lion and frowns into the silence, until he gains an idea.

"Hey!" She looks up to him as he speaks. "Silvarum might be a different planet, but that's not to say you can't make new friends, or keep old traditions going. How about this - next time there's a full moon around here, I'll go firefly hunting with you. That sound alright?"

She smiles, excited at the prospect. "Yeah," Irene says, as she turns her gaze to the sky. "I think I'd like that."

this is very sweet, congrats!
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT