Postby vak » Wed May 27, 2020 12:22 pm

Username: buckskin.
    Show Name: SV Sinatra
    Barn Name: Frankie

Height: 16 hh
    Eye Color: Heart of a Lion
    Phenotype: Sooty palamino
    Genotype: ee | Aa | Crcr | Stysty

contest wrote:finally! this is the day the new horse you were gifted arrives! the truck pulls down the drive, and swings around to proudly present the trailer before you. you wait excitedly as the driver exits and fetches the new pony...but, it doesn't look at all like you pictured!
    your job is to describe the horse to me! pick any modifying genes you would like. but! you must also give a personality to your new friend.

this trotter's competition has ended
Last edited by vak on Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
vak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: range trotters #060

Postby Owlmania » Wed May 27, 2020 4:08 pm

Username: Owlmania
Show Name: E&E Raffle Runaway
Barn Name: Trigger
Halter Color: um...
Base coat: wip
Marking/Pattern(s): wip

I love this concept, will come back and finish tomorrow!
Owlmania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Wed May 27, 2020 4:11 pm

Username: HowlingHooves
    Show Name: Honest Lies
    Barn Name: Balich
    Halter Color: Silver-Blue
    Base coat: Silver (hints, not completely silvered mane/tail, homozygous) Smokey Black
    Marking/Pattern(s): Roan, barest Min. Tobiano
    (foreground hind leg only, no facial markings, the weirdo)

The day was dragging for Serris, paperwork finally being filed from weeks ago keeping her occupied as she waited for that brother of hers to get back with their newest charge. The stallion had been handpicked by a friend from overseas, the breed just not taking off in the area like anticipated and therefore all stock had been put up for a flat sale to whoever was interested.

And, Serris being herself, she was overjoyed at the email from Elijah! He had been described as a sleek black fellow, tall as can be and quite an escape artist when left on his own. Elijah had promised he was still well mannered, as the man worked with customs quarantine. He was polite, a touch spooky as daylight faded, but fit as a fiddle and a great prospect for some long trail rides. The pictures weren’t the best quality, disappointing but okay all things considered. “Serris, they’re here!” A voice beckoned, and she was out of her office in a flash, blond braid whipping over her shoulder without care.

Except when she got outside to see the stallion being offloaded, she was completely taken aback...

“Elijah said he was black, huh?” Her brother commented sarcastically.

The stallion in front of them, though clearly polite and well behaved like described, was in fact more a rich brown. “I can guarantee he’s got some amount of roan, Serris, but he definitely isn’t a completely black, and his mane was highlighted with a faded goldenrod. Smokey black more like it.” Sam told her, a heavy sigh leaving him. Crossing his arms, he waited for her decision on the stud.

“I’ll have some samples sent upstate, but.. well, he’ll stay anyway. We’ve got the room, it’s not big loss, I guess. We’ll get his genes back and see where he fits in, Sam. If he isn’t what we’re looking for as a stud, I’m sure Harper could come geld him.” She said, approaching and looking him over more closely. “Best guess, though, is silver smoky black roan but he’s got some sort of pain in him, too. Maybe tobiano? The white moves too high up his hindquarters to be just a stocking, and it’s pattern is definitely a paint. See how it’s moving across his rump? He’s not a solid roan, I’ll bet on that.” The stallion was quiet as she circled him, hand against his hide as she moved. Picking up his feet, the one back hoof making her smile to herself at the color compared to the other three, she soon greeted him fully.

And he snorted right in her face playfully, lipping at her braid as he studied her in turn. She laughed softly when he grumbled happily under her scratching fingers, obviously content where he was. “He’ll he a good one, Sam. He’s tall, so maybe he’ll be able to do some jumping.”
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby buckskin. » Wed May 27, 2020 6:59 pm

Username: buckskin.
Halter Color: crimson red
Base coat: sooty palomino
Marking/Pattern(s): snip, two back white coronets
Describe the horse + personality:
He arrived in chaos; barely flustered or rattled by the journey made during the worst storm of the season. Pouring rain pelted against our bodies as I trotted him into the barn, his hooded rug clinging every inch of his body from the downpour but still he trotted politely beside me. The brake-lights lit up the night as the transportation truck took off, the drivers job had been done and my imported stallion had arrived safe and sound. Once inside the warm, dry comfort of the barn I immediately put him into his stall and as if he had been here forever, the stallion turned straight to his already prepared hay net and got stuck in, his soaked rug dripping rain water onto the ground.
It amazed me how quiet he was, so far he was everything the ad had described. Even my safest gelding would have worked himself up in all the chaos, especially with the flogging storm and not a familiar face in sight. Maybe this one was a saint, a sooty palomino saint i had chosen from an ad on the internet and had trusted a friend of a friend of a friend to view and determine if he was worthy of importing. It was difficult to get my chosen breed here in Australia, being so far out in the middle of the ocean and away from everyone else had some major down falls. Like new breeds, or rather, any breed thats not immensely popular.
"Okay." I breathed, relaxing my shoulders as i let myself into his stall after having fetched a dry rug. I had every intention to strip this one off and hang it up, then of course go straight to bed. It was close to three in the morning and I was over having to wait for this horse five hours ago. "Hey boy." I said softly, beginning to undo his rug from the hood. At first, around his eyes and muzzle, he seemed much darker than I had thought he was from the pictures but maybe it was just the lighting or the contrast against the white rug but as I unclipped the neck straps and pulled the hood back, I revealed an almost black animal.
I stepped back, stunned by what i had uncovered. This horse was supposed to be sooty palomino, not black or liver chestnut or whatever he was, it was far too dark in here to tell the difference. In a panic I ripped off the rest of his rug, holding it limply in my arm as I looked at the markingless giant that stood before me. I was confused. He seemed confused too and looked at me as if he had done something wrong. Was I scammed? Was the wrong horse dropped off for me? Was he covered in dye or some other magical substance that covered the horse I thought I was getting? This just didn't make sense. Feeling my chest tighten with the knowledge of this isn't my horse, the only thing I could think to do was pull up his advertisement. "Four year old sooty palomino Range Trotter stallion by _____ and out of a _____ mare. Started undersaddle as a two year old with a dressage foundation and some short endurance courses for the extra experience. Sold." I repeated with a dry throat, that was his ad but this wasn't the horse. Granted the pictures weren't the best, looked edited and were taken from a distance but this clearly wasn't what i expected. Perhaps there was a mix up, a miscommunication? Maybe he was clipped in the photos and that why he looked so different now.
"Jesus..." i started, allowing myself to collapse against the stall wall, resting my forehead on the knees I had brought up to my chest. I had waited months for this horse to arrive and now I was gutted. An eternity I spent sat in the shavings with a racing mind, only lifting my head when i warm breath captured my attention. There he stood in all his disappointing glory, curious in what this human was doing sitting there in his new stall. I like curiosity in a horse. Touching my hand with his muzzle, the stallion lipped at my fingers for treats; obviously he figured that if he was here, he might as well be being spoilt. It wasn't his fault someone along the line made a mistake. A small smile crept across my face, perhaps it didn't matter who I had got because the personalities described had lined up perfectly. That was something i learnt over the next couple of hours. A bubbly, sweet, sound-minded stallion with the heart of a lion walked off that truck and into my life.
buckskin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knives. » Thu May 28, 2020 12:56 pm

Username: Knives.
      Show Name: Undesirable Reputation
      Barn Name: Jinx
      Halter Color: pastel purple
      Base coat: palomino
      Marking/Pattern(s): sooty, roan, sabino.
      Prompt: James had just sat at the dinner table, his young daughter Sydnee and wife Cora were carefully walking dishes to be served. The scent of cinnamon bread twirled gleefully under their noses, but a loud clanking jostled their serenity. Syd was the first to run from the table, in her short six years she had learned exactly how a trailer coming down the drive had sounded. James and Cora were not far behind the girl, and the group waited upon the wrap-around porch for the driver to close the distance between them. The mares out in pasture ran alongside the trailer, bellowing their greetings from the deepest swells of their lungs. The trailer naturally left a cloud of dust behind it, however, the cloud today seemed obnoxiously large.

The brakes squealed when the driver slammed them to the floor, causing the large mammal in the rear to slam itself against the wall. James ran down the steps of his porch and, although a bit irate at what he just witnessed, shook hands with the driver momentarily. "You must be Felix," muttered the driver. "Please, call me James. This is my wife, Cora, and daughter, Sydnee." Sydnee stretched her hand out toward the driver, and the driver offered a grin as he shook her hand. "I was expecting you two days ago," started Cora, "I am pushed for time, now, so lets get her unloaded." James started first toward the trailer, and the driver allowed Cora to unload the horse herself. Cora had always preferred to do things herself, she had a natural reluctance to trust strangers. "What is this," she questioned, unsure of why a horse of different color, size, and gender had been delivered here. "The horse I purchased was a buckskin overo, this is a palomino roan!" Cora stepped out of the trailer, a scraggly, anxious yearling in tow. The filly's eyes were wide, and she had multiple scrapes and lacerations all over her body. She was thin and lame, with a body condition score of three and both hinds possessing abscesses. The driver's face flushed red with embarrassment, which he tried to hide under off-putting words. "This is the horse I loaded onto my trailer. The paperwork is in the name of Felix Honsté, I will need to see an ID. You can take the horse and pay me, or leave the horse and I'll just be paid market price." Cora swelled with anger and hostility, and James could almost see the smoke spewing from her ears. "We will take the horse. Here, now give me the paperwork on it and get off my property," James stated sternly as he handed some money to the driver.

Now in the stall, Cora brushed the dusty mare. She had to be careful over hips, ribs, and other boney areas. James pulled the stall door open, a large sum of hay perched in his arms, and the mare offered warm, welcoming nickers. "What are we going to do, James," Cora asked, tears swelling in her eyes as she looked the peaceful mare over. There were signs of abuse all over the filly, and there was not much of an area on her that was not sore. "We will rehab her, and she will become a part of the family. She is very poor, right now" James spoke softly as he stuffed the hay in the slow-feeder, "but if I know you, she wont be for long. On the plus side, she seems to have a very workable personality; she is sweet, smart and she has a very strong will. Despite all she has been through, she has life in her eyes and a soft heart." The two adults shared some more words of encouragement to one another, and settles on the call name "Jinx," just as Syd poked her head around the stall door. "Okay mom, Andi has all her food and fresh water, can I please some in?!" "Okay Syd, just remember this one is not like Andi. This one is scared and unpredictable," Cora reminded. Sydnee enters the stall and approaches Jinx slowly and steadily. Jinx almost instinctively pushed her head and ears toward Syd, bleating out quiet nickers until Syd offered the carrot she had stashed in her pocket for Jinx.
Knives.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crimsondream » Sat May 30, 2020 10:12 pm

Username: CrimsonDream
Show Name: Xena Warrior Princess
Barn Name: Xena
Halter Color: Burnt Orange
Base coat: Fading Black
Marking/Pattern(s): Ankle-high white sock on her right back leg and a star that tends to be more on the left side of her head rather than the center. Her inner ears have a red-brown fluff rather than a black and has a small snip on her muzzle. Her mane and tail both have small red hairs scattered throughout but you don’t really notice them unless you're brushing her.

Xena is a very curious mare that doesn’t get scared easily and always has her ears forward or on a swivel. Her attention span though is very short so as a rider/trainer you always have to remind her about what you're doing. She tends to recognize people easily and loves to get all the attention from anyone and everyone. When she plays in her pasture she tends to throw her favorite jolly ball around and it will sometimes even end up in other pastures, the other barn horses don’t really understand why she does this. Since she is so friendly she tends to come running when she hears her name being called and will also whinny to you when she sees her halter in your hands. She loves it when she gets groomed but mostly enjoys the baths you’ll give her on the hot days or when you're getting ready for a show. But make sure you don’t leave the hose on the ground when your not looking since she will bite the hose and try to spray anyone near and possibly paw at the puddles that would be near her. When it’s feeding time she’ll normally sticks her head out the stall and stretch her neck and head as far as she can and open and close her mouth. She is a very silly mare and enjoys making people laugh.
╔═══════════════════════╗

🆂🅷🅴/🅷🅴🆁
🅸🅽🅵🅿 ● 🆅🅸🆁🅶🅾
🅶🅰🅼🅴🆁 🅶🅸🆁🅻
🆂🆆🅸🆃🅲🅷 ● 🆇🅱🅾🆇 ● 🅿🅲​​​​​

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

🅷🆄🅵🅵🅻🅴🅿🆄🅵🅵
🅵🅸🆁🅴 🆃🆈🅿🅴 🆃🆁🅰🅸🅽🅴🆁
ImageImage

╚═══════════════════════╝
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
GTV Barn
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
GTV Kennels
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Range Trotters
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Cupido Draft Horses
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Beaumont Collies ©
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Image Image Image
crimsondream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

winner(s)

Postby vak » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:42 am

buckskin. wrote:Username: buckskin.
Halter Color: crimson red
Base coat: sooty palomino
Marking/Pattern(s): snip, two back white coronets
Describe the horse + personality:
He arrived in chaos; barely flustered or rattled by the journey made during the worst storm of the season. Pouring rain pelted against our bodies as I trotted him into the barn, his hooded rug clinging every inch of his body from the downpour but still he trotted politely beside me. The brake-lights lit up the night as the transportation truck took off, the drivers job had been done and my imported stallion had arrived safe and sound. Once inside the warm, dry comfort of the barn I immediately put him into his stall and as if he had been here forever, the stallion turned straight to his already prepared hay net and got stuck in, his soaked rug dripping rain water onto the ground.
It amazed me how quiet he was, so far he was everything the ad had described. Even my safest gelding would have worked himself up in all the chaos, especially with the flogging storm and not a familiar face in sight. Maybe this one was a saint, a sooty palomino saint i had chosen from an ad on the internet and had trusted a friend of a friend of a friend to view and determine if he was worthy of importing. It was difficult to get my chosen breed here in Australia, being so far out in the middle of the ocean and away from everyone else had some major down falls. Like new breeds, or rather, any breed thats not immensely popular.
"Okay." I breathed, relaxing my shoulders as i let myself into his stall after having fetched a dry rug. I had every intention to strip this one off and hang it up, then of course go straight to bed. It was close to three in the morning and I was over having to wait for this horse five hours ago. "Hey boy." I said softly, beginning to undo his rug from the hood. At first, around his eyes and muzzle, he seemed much darker than I had thought he was from the pictures but maybe it was just the lighting or the contrast against the white rug but as I unclipped the neck straps and pulled the hood back, I revealed an almost black animal.
I stepped back, stunned by what i had uncovered. This horse was supposed to be sooty palomino, not black or liver chestnut or whatever he was, it was far too dark in here to tell the difference. In a panic I ripped off the rest of his rug, holding it limply in my arm as I looked at the markingless giant that stood before me. I was confused. He seemed confused too and looked at me as if he had done something wrong. Was I scammed? Was the wrong horse dropped off for me? Was he covered in dye or some other magical substance that covered the horse I thought I was getting? This just didn't make sense. Feeling my chest tighten with the knowledge of this isn't my horse, the only thing I could think to do was pull up his advertisement. "Four year old sooty palomino Range Trotter stallion by _____ and out of a _____ mare. Started undersaddle as a two year old with a dressage foundation and some short endurance courses for the extra experience. Sold." I repeated with a dry throat, that was his ad but this wasn't the horse. Granted the pictures weren't the best, looked edited and were taken from a distance but this clearly wasn't what i expected. Perhaps there was a mix up, a miscommunication? Maybe he was clipped in the photos and that why he looked so different now.
"Jesus..." i started, allowing myself to collapse against the stall wall, resting my forehead on the knees I had brought up to my chest. I had waited months for this horse to arrive and now I was gutted. An eternity I spent sat in the shavings with a racing mind, only lifting my head when i warm breath captured my attention. There he stood in all his disappointing glory, curious in what this human was doing sitting there in his new stall. I like curiosity in a horse. Touching my hand with his muzzle, the stallion lipped at my fingers for treats; obviously he figured that if he was here, he might as well be being spoilt. It wasn't his fault someone along the line made a mistake. A small smile crept across my face, perhaps it didn't matter who I had got because the personalities described had lined up perfectly. That was something i learnt over the next couple of hours. A bubbly, sweet, sound-minded stallion with the heart of a lion walked off that truck and into my life.

now is the time we elect a winner! i decided buckskin.'s form really stuck with me, so congrats on frankie! however, that does not mean i am unimpressed with the other entries; as such, i'm awarding knives., crimsondream and HowlingHooves runner ups! each of you will receive a pm with the link to your new trotter once they are complete, so do look forward to that!
vak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby buckskin. » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:27 pm

tysm! I love him
buckskin.