Euphorian Thoroughbred #E049 by j. bourne

Based on Click to view
Artist j. bourne [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Euphorian Thoroughbred #E049

Postby j. bourne » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:55 am

Welcome to the ERRP February Foal Festival!

A mysterious Stork trailer dropped off a massive crowd of Euphorian
Thoroughbred foals at Sonata Stables... we need you all to help adopt
them and give them good homes! At the February Foal Festival, join
us in an event to raise awareness about these fillies and colts in need!

Username: ♔Voltaire♔
Show Name: Chasing Cars
Barn Name: Winter
Height: 17.2hh
Eye Color: Amber
Phenotype: Grey on Sooty Classic Champagne Gulastra Plume Mismarked Leopard Pintaloosa
Genotype: Ee/aa/Chch/Gg/Stysty/Sbsb/Lplp
Mane Type: Cropped
Discipline: Combined Driving
Halter: Champagne with Silver Buckles
Breeding Info: N/A
Edit List: Trimmed Tail and Tongue

To win this colt, tell me what his most powerful emotion is and a moment when it has come to light.
Minimum 100 words, no maximum.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] Stallion
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Halter:[/b]
[b]Discipline:[/b]
[b]Competition:[/b]

Ends February 22nd.
Last edited by j. bourne on Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
j. bourne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Euphorian Thoroughbred #E049

Postby ♔Voltaire♔ » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:58 am

Username: ♔Voltaire♔
Show Name: Chasing Cars
Barn Name: Winter
Height: 17.2hh
Halter: #F7E7CE w/ silver hardware
Discipline: Combined Driving
Competition:

It's hard for Winter to really feel... anything when the time presents itself.

It's just numbness.

There's no sad backstory, no specific reasons as to why Winter cannot really feel any sort of way. He just doesn't. Winter grew up with wonderful herd mates, a doting mother and wonderful staff who cared for him. As soon as he took his first steps it was no secret that Winter was different, showing muted emotions rather than the normal overexpression you'd see in younger individuals. He feels, of course- laughs at jokes, smiles when other her members look his way, however, most of the time such actions seem forced, as of the poor stallion was devoid of any sense of feeling at birth. It gets worse however during many anxiety-inducing experiences, where the young stallion seems to shut down altogether.

There had been an instance of a young foal roughhousing a little too much with another smaller one. It had gotten too out of hand and the younger foal was pushed to the ground and injured quite severely, the shrill cried of the foal prompting many panicky mares to rush over and dissolve the situation until the handlers arrived. Winter could only stand there as horses pushed past him, the sounds of the cries and the commotion disappearing altogether. Winter can only describe it as being weightless, becoming so detached from reality that he cannot even feel his own legs, or hear his own breathing. He stays statuesque until shaken out of it, and then continues on his way giving half-hearted smiles and giggles to the other foals he socializes with.
Last edited by ♔Voltaire♔ on Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxx

────
══════
───────────
══
═══════════
────
═══════════

sig cred
───────────
════
─ - Mason Jennings

♔Voltaire♔

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dubai. » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:59 am

Username: Dubai
Show Name: Missed A Spot
Barn Name: King
Height: Estimated 17.1 hh
Halter: Orange with white stripes, silver hardware
Discipline: Show jumping
Competition:

King has always been sweet. He is a good colt and he listens well. His sire and dam are unknown, but from the information we have been given, they were very good at jumping. King sure does show us what his parents were like when he jumps. He enjoys hanging out with other colts and jumping with us. He does have one issue, though. King is very easily excited and once he gets excited, you might as well put him back in the paddock and forget about training. He works hard when he wants to, which needs to be worked on.

Once, king was being put into the arena for a little bit of testing. We wanted to see how high he would jump willingly, of course we made sure he was safe, though. We set up two small planks on the ground with two standards and a rope fenced around the arena to give it a race track sort of look where he could stay there and not run to the middle. King was focused and ready to jump. We sent him to it with one of our riders following him with a lung whip. He broke into a canter and we all held our breath as we watched him jump(1). He was definitely a jumper at heart. We watched him come around again. This time, he was... Not so majestic(2).

He continued to go around, jumping quite well. All was fine until a foal from the paddock over began to whinny and run towards the arena. King was enjoying his jumping until he gradually began to run over the poles at full speed. He was enjoying his run until a clumped piece of sand knocked into the foal's small hoof. It sent him flying forward(3). King got up quickly and began to run and buck. All of the riders began to laugh, one videoing him. He was running and bucking(4) so fast for a colt. King then stopped, his ears perked and head held high. One of the riders went and attached an orange lead rope to his halter. They held the rope fencing up so they could pass through together. King was taken to his paddock where they released him. He bolted and ran back and forth as all of the riders tried to hold back laughter. Oh, King.

(392 words)

(1) Image

(2) Image

(3) Image

(4) Image
Last edited by dubai. on Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
Dubai - She/her - Anxiety
"coding credit"

┍━━━━━━━━┑
Dubai is a
KWPN gelding
who can jump
grand prix
height. He
has 2 vices.
One is cribb
ing, the othe
r is being
sweet <33
Dubai is my
favorite horse <3

┕━━━━━━━━┙
dubai.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby certified » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:39 pm

Marking!!
certified

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rhubarbski » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:04 pm

mark
*grabby hands*
Rhubarbski

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deku_is_best_boi » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:40 pm

Username: Deku_is_best_boi
Show Name: DSR Double Down Ace
Barn Name: Ace
Height: (when full grown) 17hh
Halter: Red with orange noseband w/ gold hardware
Discipline: working cow horse
Competition:

Ace is a very mischievous little colt. When he was born, he was a little bit smaller compared to the other foals. He would often be teased for how small he was, and he couldn’t take it anymore. His pent up anger took over, and he began to observe the other foals. He took in everything they did and knew their dirty little secrets. He would do things that would make it seem that the foals who teased him, did something that would get them in trouble. He hasn’t been caught and giggles every time he hears their mothers scolding them.

One day, the foals came up to him and began to tease him. As they teased him and called him names he smirked. When they began laughing at him, he snapped back at them, using their secrets against them, using their fears against them. He knew when to stop, unlike them, and trotted off with a smile. The other foals watched him trot off, embarrassed that he called them out.

Now, every time that he gets teased, he fights back. He lets his anger out, but also controlling it so that it doesn’t get out of hand. The foals who bullied him don’t mess with him now. Instead of him being afraid of them, they are afraid of him. He still does things that makes it seem like they did it, and they would get scolded. When he sees them bully other foals, he stands up to them, sometimes all he has to do is stand in the line of eyesight and pin his ears.

It remained that way for years and he is now mates with one of the fillies who teased him as a foal. She apologized for what she did because she realized that what she did was wrong, she just wanted to fit in. She was actually a very sweet mare and only acted the way she did because of the two other foals apart of that group. Now, instead of being the smallest, he is one of the biggest horses on the farm, bigger than his mate and the other two (they stay away from him). One thing that will never change about him, is that he is a mischievous and clever stallion. [word count~ 379]
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
𝔹𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕠𝕟 𝕌𝕟𝕔𝕝𝕖
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
𝕀𝕣𝕠𝕙 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕔a𝕟 𝕓𝕖
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
━━━━━ ❝𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕖𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝔼𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕙, 𝕀 𝕒𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕒𝕞 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕠𝕟𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕠𝕟𝕖.❞ - 𝔾𝕠𝕛𝕠 𝕊𝕒𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕦 ━━━━━
╔═══════════╗

☁︎~~~~~~☺︎~~~~~~☁︎
𝐻𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑜 <3
𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑚𝑒 𝐷𝑒𝑘𝑢, 𝑜𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑑 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒
𝐴𝑛𝑦 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑘 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑆ℎ𝑒/𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑦 𝑖𝑠 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑑!
𝐼𝑚 𝑎 𝑏𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑙 𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑟, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼𝑚 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑎 𝑛𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑦𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓!
𝑆ℎ𝑒𝑧𝑎 𝑤𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑜𝑓 𝑓𝑎𝑚𝑒 (𝑎𝑘𝑎 𝑓𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑦) 𝑖𝑠 𝑚𝑦 𝑚𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑏𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑙 ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑠𝑒
𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑖 𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑡𝑤𝑜 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑠: 𝐴𝑚𝑖𝑔𝑜 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑃𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑜𝑟𝑎
𝐼 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑝𝑒𝑡𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑎 𝑓𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑒𝑙 𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑆𝑡. 𝐽𝑢𝑑𝑒 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟,
𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑐𝑒𝑒𝑑𝑠 𝑔𝑜 𝑡𝑜 𝑆𝑡. 𝐽𝑢𝑑𝑒!
𝐼𝑚 𝑎𝑙𝑠𝑜 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑃ℎ𝑜𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑟𝑎𝑝ℎ𝑦, 𝑀𝑜𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑐𝑦𝑐𝑙𝑒𝑠, 𝐴𝑛𝑖𝑚𝑒, 𝑒𝑡𝑐.
𝐷𝑚 𝐼 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑏𝑖𝑡𝑒!!
𝑆𝑖𝑔 𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑎 𝑊𝐼𝑃
☁︎~~~~~~☹︎~~~~~~☁︎
✨😌' D
😌✨
━━━━━━━━━━━━
🎨 | ☺︎ | 🛢
⚓︎ | link | link
link | link | link
link | link | link

╚═══════════╝
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
Deku_is_best_boi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pipsnseeds » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:18 pm

Username: d a w n s c a p e
Show Name: Seas of Shining Silver
Barn Name: Sailor
Height: Seventeen hh
Halter: Sea blue
Discipline: Saddle seat
Competition:

*Satisfied* (Can you sense a theme?)

Sailor's single most powerful feeling was one of satisfaction, of victory, of crossing that line miles ahead of the colts years older than him.
Still too young to be ridden, Sailor spent every one of his days running, racing, speeding around those corners, and shooting along the makeshift racecourse. Running was his pride, joy, and what made Sailor a perfect racehorse.
Trained from the get-go, his handlers had always known Sailor would be the one horse to break the long-standing speed record - set by his grandfather.
That was, until his humans went broke and sold him on.

Sailor's racing days were over before they had begun. His youthful dreams were never to happen, 'till a new talent arose; his life-long training holding him in good stead.

(Sorry, this really is not nearly as good as it could be)
hello!
artist | capricorn | student
constantly busy - apologies if I have
fallen behind on something
call me l'eau or pip
©

on a little hiatus as I get school together <3 wishing everyone well c:
pipsnseeds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby certified » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:26 am

Username: certified
Show Name: The Last Light
Barn Name: Eredin
Height: 16 hh
Halter: valentine theme? (,: if possible
Discipline: Therapy Horse
Competition: (omg. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make a second post. That was a mistake. Please forgive me j.)

Eredin's strongest emotion tends to be love. He can be overbearing, or give too much space. He can overthink, or not think enough. He can be a cling on stage 5 or so far away, you would think he was upset, though he's just fine.
He'd do anything for love. He'd work for it. He'd die for it. He'd starve for it. He'd do anything for love. And it's a constant thing in the back of his mind. "Where can I find it?" "Who's it going to be next?" "Will I ever actually find it?" It's almost like searching for love is what drives him to get up and get out each day. It's almost like it's his lifestyle.
What would he even do if he found love?

And then it presented itself.
She was a cute cremello gal. Had tobiano in places that made her hair so light, she almost glowed. It was like she was an angel. It flicked in the wind when she ran, and he loved watching her move just to watch her hair flow with the breeze.
It was a small introduction between the two, nothing memorable to most anyone else. But to him, he'd remember it forever.
They started handing out, getting into trouble, doing typical foal things. They became inseparable.
Two peas in a pod they were.
Until another colt came along that Eredin felt was far more handsome than he. And the new guy had caught his ladies eye.
He had caught Edith, his foalhood love, talking to this new guy, giggling at things that weren't even funny. Gushing at the seams, batting her eyelashes, saying she was going to hang out with her gal pals.
Eredin got jealous, and him and Edith started getting into more arguments. Eventually they stopped talking and they broke it off shortly after that.

And Eredin went back to his silent ways, healing his broken heart, searching for something to love.
Last edited by certified on Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
certified

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby conversett » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:18 am

Username: conversett
    Show Name: champagne on the rocks
    Barn Name: bijou
    Height: 18 hh
    Halter: blanket colors
    Discipline: eventing
    Competition: As bijou got passed from human to human and place to place, he began to see less and less of the wide open spaces. Open spaces that had trees, which towered over buildings, and grass that was bright and vibrant as a warm sunny day. Now, it was more mechanical vehicles, and buildings that reached up for the heavens. Everything was noisy and crowded. Not that bijou minded too much. He still got to stretch his legs out in the arena, and his humans still care for him decently well. It became the normal for him to the point that he didn't realize he missed it.

All it took was a little blue jay landing on the sil of his stall window. Something that was very rare for him to spot in the city. And it was something that triggered a memory of the birds back at his homeland. The place where he was born.

So, everytime they loaded him up into the trailer to travel to a new city, he'd find himself looking out the tiny windows in the metal contraption. Just to catch a glimpse of the fields in the country and remember the peace that he once had. The peace his mother provided him as a scared yearling, and the sole sound of the birds that would lull him to sleep. And that feeling he got when his eyes landed on that chestnut filly grazing in a lone pasture, under a willow tree. Her coat shone a firey red, just like her exceeding personality.

A mother's touch, the first love, and the sight of nothing but the wilderness to run in. To feel the wind in his mane, and chase the birds. It all comes back at him like a splash of cold water to the face. Something he longer has, but also desires.

Deep down, he holds a hope to be able to return those fields some day. However, he knows that his humans are too focused on the best trainers to become the best competitor.
conversett

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:23 pm

Username: Queen Vivane
Show Name: Illusion Of Perfection
Barn Name: Beliath
Height: 17.1hh
Halter: White and orange
Discipline: Showjumping
Competition:

The unfiltered joy of flawlessly clearing a fence at a certain height for the very first time in training is unlike any other thrill he has ever experienced. It had taken him far longer than he wanted to be able to collect himself enough to not knock the rails with his hooves, many had said it was to be expected. Learning jumping wasn't easy even with a confident rider they said and yet he had thought he would manage grasp it far more quickly than he actually had. Beliath had found frustration to be a reoccurring companion throughout the many long hours he had spent in the outdoor arena. For some untold reason the height of the jump was just throwing him off somehow, he was not afraid or something simple. It was both baffling and frustrating.

Hearing the rattle then audible noise of the poles hitting the floor had begun driving him crazy, he just couldn't seem to grasp what he had to do. It lay beyond his grasp for some reason he could not fathom. Nobody seemed to have advice that made any sense, "you'll get there, or practice makes perfect, it'll just click one day!" Always the same inane replies , that only served to irritate him. His rider never made stupid ridiculous comments, she just rode him in her usual manner, kind but firm. With firm praise when their sessions finished, to her Beliath's frustrations were translated.

She understood that he was struggling, so in a manner most sensible. The woman decided to start their training from scratch. Something that baffled the appaloosa to no end but he made no complaints and simply did as she asked him to. Within a few months the day arrived where Beliath and his faithful rider came to their previous block. There was no rush despite Beliath dancing in an antsy manner beneath the woman, who simply rode him through the rest of the warm up. The time came to tackle the fences, there were three of them. Striped poles sat in their holders, nothing flashy or fancy. Just basic jumping equipment.

They varied in size with the last one behind the height that had previously caused trouble. The two shorter jumps were cleared flawlessly and with a deep breath the appaloosa faced down his challenge. Wind tossing his tail almost as if it was begging him to hurry. The pair steadied themselves for a few moments before setting off toward that final jump. Beliath threw his concentration into feeling the signals from the woman atop his back and readying himself to fly. This was his moment He would show them, all of them. He jumped cleanly into the air, bringing his legs up against his body. Pure unfiltered joy flooded his veins when he felt no contact between the poles and his legs.
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me