SCS V Re-Adopt Set #7- "Sallie" and "Mindy" by ~HєуRєι~

Based on Click to view
Artist ~HєуRєι~ [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

SCS V Re-Adopt Set #7- "Sallie" and "Mindy"

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:52 pm

Second Chance Shelter wrote:Second Chance Shelter is a dog and cat rescue where you can come to find a new member of your family. We rescue and rehabilitate dogs and cats of all shapes and sizes so they may have the chance to be placed into a caring home. All of our animals are special and deserve a chance to be happy with an owner that will care for them. The question is: are you ready to love them?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
This event is focusing on giving couples in the SCS communities new homes, volunteered by their original owners and redrawn by artists in the SCS staff to give a new look! Each adopt has collars with half of a heart charm to go with their "better half" and set genders/sexes for the competition but both of these can be changed after they're won! A user can only enter for one of the two in the couples- so its required to partner up with someone!! For further rules of this event, see here!
PROMPT: How do these two show their love for eachother and why do they do it that way? [Word Min 20-Max 900] My Extra Policy
END DATE: Placebo's post
PREVIOUS VERSION: #112 and #266

#112 Saluki

WolfTales wrote:#- 112
Partner: ~HєуRєι~
Username: WolfTales
Name: Seraphina
Sex: Female
Collar Color: Angel wings w/ her name
Prompt:

Seraphina is a kind and loving soul. So naturally, she is very affectionate but not as much as she is to Beau. At first, the Saluki didn't want much to do with Beau but she found the shar pei very charming.

One of the ways Seraphina shows her affection is to try and keep Beau from feeding her gambling addiction by offering to hang out wherever she goes and it's worth it to Seraphina. She enjoys the relationship that Beau has with her fellow strays. Seraphina doesn't mind gambling but it was clear that Beau had a clear addiction to it, especially since unlike Seraphina, Beau has no one t go home to.

Often if it rains or if she feels Beau is feeling especially lonely, she'll offer to have Beau spend some time with her and share her large dog bed in her house since Seraphina's owners are usually not home, or she'll ask to spend the night or day with Beau. Anything to make the shar pei happy or smile. Compliments, sweet nothings, Seraphina will mean every word and it always makes her tail wag and heart flutter when Beau smiles or she gets to spend time with her.

#266 Shar Pei

~HєуRєι~ wrote:#- 266
Partner: WolfTales
Username: ~HєуRєι~
Name: Beau
Sex: Female
Collar Color: Red leather w/ engraved card symbols and her name "beau"
Prompt:
WORD COUNT 900/900 wrote:'This was where she lived right?' the shar pei looked curiously at the average house where she was told to go. The mostly green lawn with the carbon copy fencing and average decor. Typical of the kind of homes she had seen go around parts of the city, not her style. Walking up the grey speckled walkway to the front door she looked for the dog door, only realizing it was likely behind the fencing. With a sigh she looked to find a nearby ledge or leverage to open the gate and get in. No need- the gate was left carelessly unlocked by the resident's humans by chance. Making her way into the backyard and onto the porch she saw the dog flap, poking her head inside.
"Pst." she whispered into the mostly quiet home. Nothing stirred. "Pst Seraphina. You there?" It took a moment until a jingle of tags and some light pawsteps to come around the corner, revealing the saluki Beau had wanted to visit. The saluki shook her head surprised, ears up and head lightly tilted.
"Beau what. What are you doing here?" she spoke with a happy but confused expression as she padded closer to the dog door, head going lower with a whisper.
"What do you mean? I'm here to take you to town." A smile creeped its way onto Beau's face, the dog door slightly squishing her expression around her eyes. "I did promise to take you out and today seemed like a good day, dollface."
The slim hound lifted her head and listened, looking around before turning back to Beau with a small tail wag."Where are we going?"
"Thats for me to know and you to find out. Now get your butt moving we're losing daylight!" Beau backed out of the dog door with ease and stood aside to let the saluki slip out of her home with little notice.

They took to the sidewalk, buzzing noise of the city coming quick to their ears as they moved forward. The first part of Beau's plan was to take her to the shopping district, as she knew the early morning shifts of the people and the grub was always best during that time. "What're you feeling, Phina?" She turned, stopping just before the turn that would take them to the first destination. Surely the scents would carry a craving to mind.
"Food? Beau you're not serious are you?" Seeing the saluki's slight disappointment and concern in her eyes, Beau explained further.
"Yes food- but we aren't stealing it. It'll be given to us freely- watch." Beau walked up to a nearby vendor, a seemingly friendly but large man running a fairly popular hot-dog stand. She happily walked up to him, wagging her tail. The human yelled her name in great greeting, rubbing her face and patting her head as she sniffed the cart. He at first lightly scolded her, with a joking tone- that was until she pulled the puppy eyes. He can never resist her cute face. With luck she came back to her date with three hotdogs, lifting her head and tail high with her prance.
Having gotten their tasty meals from the gracious humans, Beau lead her date to the park. It wasn't much, simple short fenced park with grass and trees, benches and human children running around. Carrying their meal to the quietest and shadiest spot they could find, they talked away the midday sun while enjoying the sights and smells

Having gotten their tasty meals from the gracious humans, Beau lead her date to the park. It wasn't much, simple short fenced park with grass and trees, benches and human children running around. Carrying their meal to the quietest and shadiest spot they could find, they talked away the midday sun while enjoying the sights and smells.

Beau found her way back to the streets again, Seraphina following in heel, She points to the nearest busy abandoned alleyways to find several familiar faces- some friends of hers she greets with barks of joy and greeting. "Now guys- make a good impression, I'm showing dollface around the city." Some 'oo's of teasing leading to some minor roughhousing before Beau pulled herself back to the saluki.
"I keep her from getting in trouble," Seraphina added. The alley dogs nodded to her, "We all know how Beau gets in the city. Man we could tell you some stories-"
"Yes and we don't have time for them right now, Jax. Maybe another time." They laughed and said their goodbyes, continuing into the city.

Finally the sky was close to darkening, the sun slowly fading and the air getting colder.
"I should probably get back home soon, Beau." the saluki started, walking back in the direction she thought her home was. With minor panic the shar pei rushed besides her.
"No no no- we have one place left to go. Don't worry, it'll be quick," her tail wagged as she turned for Seraphina to follow. Quick around corners she raced, turning to an alley with a rickety looking black fire-escape.
"Beau, where on earth are we going?" she yelled as the shar pei started quickly clearing the steps.
"You'll see if you just follow me!" Beau yelled in reply, continuing up the stairs in laughter.
Closing towards the top the saluki stepped up out of breath, "Beau it's almost.." she set her eyes upon the golden horizon, "sunset."
The shar pei was already turned towards the sight, sitting down in silence as the saluki padded up and sat with her.
"See? I know more than tricking people." They shared the moment for a while, only leaving after the golden sun set into blues, leading the saluki back home for the night.

Genes
#112 Saluki
'Silver with Black Grizzle'
kk // Ee // BB // DD // slsl // AwAw // SSi // mm // rr // TiTi // CwCw // gg // uu

#266 Shar Pei
'Fawn with Black Sable'
---
Last edited by ~HєуRєι~ on Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:57 am, edited 5 times in total.
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SCS V Re-Adopt Set #7- "Sallie" and "Mindy"

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:17 pm

Just posting here to say they are so gorgeous in your style
I do have a question, though: I won a ribbon with Mindy in those writing/art competitions, for musical freestyle; do I keep that ribbon?
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sprinkleshake » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:29 pm

mark !!! so cute

i’m never coming back here
maybe someday to sell my pets
but otherwise im Gone byebye
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
cred

sprinkleshake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfiedog3 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:11 am

said I wouldn’t but cutie ahhh
Wolfiedog3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:01 am

Due to some personal events, I will not be able to judge any of the event pairs. They are all being given a week extension to the end date (will not count towards the 2 maximum week extensions as this is a more personal matter). Thank you!
NEW END DATE- March 1st
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:45 am

[bump]
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndpine » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:49 am

mark!! pm me if you're interested in being partners, i'm happy to try for either pup!

(edit: still interested if anyone wants to try out at the last minute haha, i'd fill out forms for both if it wasn't a partner contest) c:
Last edited by houndpine on Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
houndpine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:40 am

This comp ends tomorrow, please make sure your forms are done before then. If there are no qualifying forms by tomorrow, the first week extension will be warranted.
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FR3SHTEETH » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:37 am

mark !
FR3SHTEETH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:16 am

This competition has no valid forms available for winner- new end date is March 8th.
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me