Vally of Kings - #451 by DraconisSumeris

Based on Click to view
Artist DraconisSumeris [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Vally of Kings - #451

Postby DraconisSumeris » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:29 am

To adopt this lion you must have a founder with space for them, pr adopt this one as your founder!

Everyone is the hero of their own story...this must mean that they are the villian of someone else's

Minor Edits: small fangs
Medium edits: Horns, Mane, Custom Tail.

History has been proven to be written by the winner, and can paint heros in dark themes or villians as the chosen ones. How has history twisted this lions tale? Where they a hero? Or are they really a villian?

No limit as to what you can do to answer the prompt, but please be reasonable! ^-^

End Date: March 5th. Feel free to ask for extensions!

Code: Select all
Username:
Lion name:
Lion gender:
Link to pride:
Lion status:
Prompt:
DraconisSumeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Vally of Kings - #451

Postby justamindset » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:31 am

Username: DragonOfEmber
Lion name: River
Lion gender: Male
Link to pride: Winter's Heart
Prompt:
I sit staring at the water’s edge, unable to see past the rage it seems to flow with. This river, much like me, was aggressive; angry to the point of no return. My pride was angry with me for being so sweet. But i just wasn’t made out to be so cruel, not the way they were.

I didn’t want to be like them, so I ran away.

Last edited by justamindset on Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

[♡] ember / / [♡] justamindset
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

kals // toyhouse // comms: open

𓆩*𓆪 and i know where to look 𓆩*𓆪

in permanent need of coffee

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jantzi01 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:33 am

Username: Jantzi01
Lion name: Erebus (darkness in Greek)
Link to pride: The Ushirikiano Pride
Lion status: Kutoka (outsider)
Prompt: Everyone believes they are the hero of their story.

Erebus was born in a group of pirates. They would go around the land, plundering and stealing from weaker prides, and nomadic tribes, he was an oddity, with his bright cream coat. He never truly enjoyed it. His parents were the leaders, it was expected of him. He was raised to believe that what he was doing was the right thing. And he believed them. He believed them, even when they had been hired to kill a cub. The other pirates were starting to rub off on him.

He started becoming more twisted.

He started to enjoy everything that this group, his friends, pushed at him. He was living for the thrill of it all, never knowing how many lives he was ruining. It was a ritual for them that the heir to the leader has to kill them, taking their power. He was forced to kill his mother. He now led the pirates throughout the valley. They had a great time of it all, partying long into the night.

One day, one of his scouts brought something back. It was a map. No one knew where it led. Erebus took a small team of the strongest lions, and headed out to look for the treasure. After all, that's what pirates do.

The 'treasure' turned out to be a small stone circle. Inside it, were several flowers, and chips of rocks, all aligning with a drawing. There was one thing missing though. A heart. Erebus didn't believe he had a choice. That he had to do this, in order to bring the ultimate treasure back to the others. He determined which of the lions he brought with him was the weakest, and took their heart and placed it on the altar. He stood in the center, staring in awe as the rocks and flowers started to float, and spin around him.

A sharp pain struck his head. It felt as though his skull was going to collapse in on itself. What happened next was much, much worse. He too, was lifted into the air. The items around him closed in, and eventually fused into his body. The heart, was the last to enter, and with it, came the most painful experience he had ever felt. Erebus was knocked unconscious. He woke up, to find he was surrounded by dark red crystals. In front of him, was what looked like some form of mutated goat. The goat said that if he made a deal with them, they would give them all the treasure he could ever want. Overcome by greed, he struck a deal. Obviously, he chose treasure. The goat never said what he would have to do for them. He was returned to the waking world.

To see that he was abandoned. Erebus looked down at his paws, only to find them blackened. He felt something hard around his head, and he searched for a water source. His reflection terrified him. This is what the goat meant. Erebus would have to wander the earth forever, living in misery over the hundreds of lives he's ruined.

He's trying to change, he really is. He just hasn't found anyone who's willing to listen yet.
Last edited by Jantzi01 on Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jantzi01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:33 am

Information wrote:Username: Firedancer77
Lion name: Imperium
Link to pride: Isle of Roses
Lion status: Loner
A Beginning wrote:Waiting in the Wings from Rapunzel's Tangled Adventures
Imperium has never been one to take center stage. The prophet told his parents that their son would serve a grander purpose, and that he would completely change their pride's future.

Apparently no one had expected them to have twin sons.

No one was sure which son the prophet had prophesied about, not even the prophet himself. However, as they grew, it became evident that Imperium's brother, Audax, was the more confident of the two, and the obvious natural leader. Imperium was constantly following his brother's lead (and generally struggling to keep up, though neither seemed to mind). Their pride breathed a sigh of relief knowing who would be their grand leader, and Audax quickly grew to be favored while Imperium was often left in the dust.

Imperium felt something humming under his fur, a power begging to be released, but he contained it. He pushed it all down, ignoring it as he watched the adoration for his brother grow. Again and again, he felt the need to prove what he could do too, but what could he do?

So he sat back and watched, waiting for his chance to show just what he was.
A Lover wrote:I Scare Myself by Beth Crowley
Imperium was used to not being noticed. He was in the shadow of his brother, Audax, but he was okay. Honestly. He was okay with it.

He figured if he said it enough times, he'd believe it.

Alone one day, he'd unleashed all the power that seemed to be growing pent up inside him. It was destructon that he ultimately unleashed in that small spot in the woods. It horrified him, and as it turned out, it horrified his brother too. Imperium hadn't even realized Audax was there till he exclaimed in shock at what his brother had done, and panicking, Imperium tried to explain.

Audax cut him off, saying that while it didn't change anything with them, Imperium couldn't show anyone. It would terrify their pride, and those who were less understanding and close to him (because Audax had always made time to speak with Imperium, even if Imperium couldn't catch up and be the same likable, charismatic lion that his brother was and that everyone loved) could ostracize him, if not worse. So they agreed he'd hide it, and try to bury it down and not let it out. To unleash that power would put everyone at risk, so Imperium agreed to hide it, only unleashing it in secret if the build up was too much to handle.

But someone else had seen the destruction too: Amare, a lioness around the two brothers' age. Unlike Audax, Amare saw Imperium's power as wondrous, a fact she informed him of when she was able to catch him alone. He was terrified till she promised not to tell a soul about it, not even Audax, and the two quickly grew closer. Under Amere's goading, Imperium began to experiment with his powers, and together they helped him to grow more confident in them. With her help, he found himself able to control them instead of simply unleashing them.

In the process, Amere became his anchor, and before Imperium realized what was happening, he was in love.
A Realization wrote:Nothing Left to Lose from Rapunzel's Tangled Adventures
Imperium believed in Amare. She slowly began to open his eyes to the corruption in the pride, especially the corruption of the leader, and Imperium was stunned. When she confided in him about her plan to overthrow the pride and instate a new leader, one who was fair and just, Imperium agreed.

So they began to train, working to hone Imperium's skills so that he could help to properly take down the king. However, as he grew more powerful, Imperium began to question the cause. He couldn't see any sign of what Amare claimed was present in the pride, and was slowly growing disillusioned to the entire idea.

Needless to say, when he told her, she flipped out. It was a huge argument as Imperium tried to convince her the path she wished to take was dangerous and wrong. In return, Amare accused him of growing soft and even of being corrupted by the pride they'd spent so long working to try and take down. She told him she'd do it herself, and tonight, luring him into a pit so that he couldn't stop her as she left.

It took forever, climbing out. In the end, Imperium unleashed his destructive power to forge his way out, carving a way out in the dirt with raw power. It was overpowering and intoxicating, more power than he'd unleashed ever. It was late, perhaps too late, and Imperius went running to the spot Amare had insisted they act in, destruction following in his wake as he heard someone cry out.

Veering away from camp, he found Amare looming over their leader, blood on her paws. He hadn't meant to do it. He had just meant to drag her off, unsure if their leader was even still alive. But his power was so out of control that it lashed out in the entire area, killing both Amare and their leader, if he was alive by the time Imperium arrived.

Imperium stumbled backwards, gasping at what had occurred...and then the rest of the pride arrived, led by Audax.

Everyone was in shock, only to be whipped into a frenzy at the sight. The only sign they had was Imperium and his paw prints of dead grass that had followed him from where he'd fallen. Audax took the lead, insisting he would handle the situation.

It was only as Audax lead Imperium to the borderline of their territory that Imperium began to realize the truth, and it was all because he had known where to find them. The place was not an obvious spot to check...so how had Audax found them so quickly?

When confronted, Audax sighed. "I should've known you'd see through things. You didn't even believe maybe we'd been looking for a bit?"

Imperium gaped at him. "How? What-"

"I sent Amare to you. She confided in me with what she'd seen, and I pushed you two together. I whispered about the corruption in the pride in her ear, and she believed it. I didn't expect you to turn on her, but it worked out. You eliminated the only implication, and in doing so have marked yourself as untrustworthy without me having to eliminate you."

"Why?" Imperium sputtered.

Audax shrugged. "Because I could. Now go, before I kill you too."

Imperium tried to stretch his power out, to destroy the cocky brother standing before him with the newfound hatred for Audax that he developed, but it didn't work. His power was...gone? Imperium looked up in confusion, only to see his brother grin.

"I have power too, Imperium. The power of nullification. Now go. I don't want to kill you."

And so he ran.
Last edited by Firedancer77 on Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Isabella- » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:47 am

Username: Isabella45
Lion name: Bellona ("to fight')
Lion gender: Female
Link to pride: xxXxxx
Lion status: Traveler
Prompt:

Bellona was born in a small village high on the mountains. Her tribe were shape shifters, gifted with this ability by their goddess. Though their true form was that of a lion, they did tend to have oddities about them that distinguished them from 'normal' lions.
For Bellona this was her horns and plumy tail. Growing up as she did in her village with only other lions like her, Bellona never thought much of these differences.

When Bellona was still young but finally old enough it their came the time when she could leave the mountain as all young shifters were allowed to do in order to see the world beyond.

Though they would not stop her, Bellona's parents and the tribe elders cautioned her, reminding her that those in the outside world were not always accepting of their kind. But Bellona was full of hope and only barely heeded their warnings. She was sure once everyone met her they would be able to look past her appearance and unique abilities.

So she set out on her journey, full of confidence and optimism. It took her only a few sunrises to reach the nearest town. As she expected it was teeming with lions of all shapes and sized, though none were quite like her. The colors and smells were nothing like she had seen before and she entered the streets, oblivious at first to the stares of those around her.
She had stopped by a market stall to admire some fresh fruits when someone pushed her roughly from the side. Having been raised to be polite she apologized, moving to step out of the lions way. But the cloaked figure before her was not satisfied.

"You are a curse, an abomination," he hissed, his ancient eyes burning holes in her fur.

"I am…I am just a visitor here. I didn't mean to offend anyone," she murmured.

"You are one of them," he insisted, tail lashing. "And you must be punished."

Before Bellona could reply he began to mutter beneath his breath and she felt lightheaded as several guards advanced on her. Without thinking she transformed.

Her fur melted away into scales as her body grew and her pupils began to shrink. Her claws grew and became thicker, her tail lengthened and became covered in the same scales as her body. As she grew the market stall near her was knocked over and lions began to cry out and try to escape. The guards advanced with chains and ropes. Seeing them Bellona's terror grew and she swept her tail toward them, knocking them all away.

"Monster, fright! Beast, curse, abomination!" As the crowd screamed at her Bellona felt only fear and anguish. All she could think of was escaping. Her tribe had been right, she shouldn't have come. In a panic she tried to run, to leap. Anything to get out of the streets and away from the town. Lions ran in all directions to avoid her while the guards continued to pursue her.

She felt crates and torches hit her as she ran and the town lions threw things after her. Luckily her scales protected her body from the objects and the fire, but they couldn't shield her heart as it broke.

Finally they gave up pursuing her and she found a cave to hide in. All night she stayed there, caught between fear of leaving and an overwhelming need to be home.

When morning came she slipped out of the cave quietly, now in her usual form to avoid being seen. Avoiding the main paths she headed home, eager to escape the anger and mistreatment she had experienced.

It wasn't until the third day of her travels that she saw the smoke rising high in the distance. Panic overtook her and she sped up, barely resting as she made straight for her home.

But by the time she reached the village it was too late. She found it burned to the ground. While she had slept that night the angry town had headed into the mountains ahead of her and burned her home to the ground.
Frantically she looked for anyone still living, but it was hard to find any sign of even the dead by that time and she found no trails leading out of the village to suggest anyone had escaped.

As the realization that they were all gone her fear and grief were replaced by anger. Without giving herself a moment to think Bellona transformed and flew back down the mountain.

The town never had a chance. Bellona found them and unleashed her rage on the entire town, sparing no one. Those who escaped fled into the hills, and she did not pursue them. She only wanted them to know her loss, to feel her pain and regret the wrong they had done.
When it was over the town was engulfed in flames and Bellona retreated high into the mountain above her village. And there she stayed for days, wrestling with her grief and the gravity of what she had done.

As the story would be told later by those from the town who had survived, she had come down from the mountain unprovoked and destroyed their town. She became a villain of legend, despised and the embodiment of all evil. Mothers would tell their cubs to behave or the Great Beast would come down from the mountain to punish them. Rulers made kingdoms believe that if they stepped out of line the Great Beast would destroy them all. Bellona even became something of a god to them, used by those in power to cause fear and keep control.

But after that day Bellona never harmed another village or town. Her initial need for vengeance had been satisfied, but even that could not quench the grief and hurt she felt. Too late she discovered that violence was not the answer to her pain. But she cannot say she truly regrets what she did. They took everything from her, and the strength of her grief only fuels her anger. But while that town may have deserved her wrath she knows she cannot hold their deeds against all lions, so she keeps to herself, wandering the mountain alone.

Is she really a villain, for taking from another what they took from her? or is she a hero, for avenging the deaths of those she loved, who were killed so undeservingly? If you asked Bellona she would tell you her tale without trying to make herself appear as the hero or the villain. In the end she isn't even sure herself, so she leaves that to you to decide.
Last edited by -Isabella- on Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panda-Love-100 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:03 am

Mark!
Panda-Love-100

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:05 am

Username:minifun990
Lion name: Baudric
Link to pride: Mystic Isle
Lion status: TBD
Prompt: Napawleon was short, its something everyone 'knows'
Dropping out
Last edited by minifun990 on Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
"𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑔𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔"

-𝓖𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓓𝓮𝓮𝓻

Cloud Cows

Sig cycles gear deer - Click to go to thread :)
minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raw_Silver_Studios » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:07 am

Username: Raw_Silver_Studios
Lion name: WIP
Lion gender: WIP
Link to pride:
Lion status: WIP
Prompt: WIP

Marking!! Gorgeous design!
Raw_Silver_Studios

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:25 am

Username: SilentMelody
    Lion name: Iekika
    Lion gender: female
    Link to pride: Divine Pride
    Lion status: prisoner

None of the pride members are sure of where Iekika came from... but the rumors say that she came from the depths of hell and a demon birthed her. Despite this, she rose to the ranks of heir and was trained to become the next queen.

She was a good and simple leader for a while. Ideas popped into her head, and whispers circled her consciousness. Iekika felt the need to attack Mahealani on impulse and injured her badly. The founder and queen of Divine Pride hit her head on a rock, falling into a deep sleep for weeks.

At that point, Iekika fully took control of Divine Pride and ruled it with a tightly closed paw. She changed the laws for a short time and made everyone bow to her, claiming that she was the new queen even though Mahealani hadn't died or retired to the rank of an elder.

The newly-made queen spun tales of purity and perfection in the pride, making it as divine as it could be. Iekika claimed that there were too many lions that were deceivers. She massacred half of the lions and anyone else who went against her word, including the advisors. A lot of the high ranked lions died within the first week.

After three weeks of terror, Mahealani woke up with the help of a healer and saw what Iekika had done. Angered and terrified, she created the new rank of "prisoner" and had the remaining soldiers build a makeshift prison of stones -- two beside each other and one rolled on top. Vines hung over the top and sticks were stabbed into the ground, the green tendrils wrapped tightly around the wood.

Iekika is now under the constant watch of at least two soldiers, and their shifts are changed every few hours. She's thought of escaping, but the voices are gone now and she doesn't know what to do without them. They were her own personal advisors.

Now she's empty.
Last edited by SilentMelody on Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EchoIre » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:29 am

Username: EchoIre
Lion name: Alshaytan Awkl (Alsha)
Lion gender: Genderless
Link to pride: Motoheri Pride
Lion status: Captain of the Guard

Long before the time of your great-great-grandfather, the nights shook with the cries of terrible beasts. These creatures could be as small as a mouse, or large enough to pluck the clouds from the desert sky - though that is a story for later.

These dark, strange beasts were known as Alshayatin - devils. The Alshayatin did not come from the desert, nor any mortal plane. They came from Beyond, and ventured into the land of lions to sow chaos. They reveled in the destruction of life, in the emotional and physical death of everything around them.

The worst Alshaytan of all was Sariq Alwajh, the Face Thief.

Sariq Alwajh was capable of stealing any living creature's appearance by drinking their blood. In his grim masquerade, the devil would ruin the life of the lion whose identity he stole through various bloody acts. His favorite trick to pull was to steal the face of a king, and convince his subjects that the true king was him. Sariq Alwajh would slowly become more and more tyrannical in his rule, pushing the boundaries of his stolen subjects and their allies, eventually starting a war or causing mass famine in the worst of cases.

He was impossible to track, vanishing with a cruel grin and a puff of smoke as soon as he was discovered. Prowling the night alongside his beastly siblings, Sariq Alwajh was next to unstoppable.

Like all Alshaytin, however, the Face Thief had a weakness.

Silver.

One fateful day, a king whose name has been lost to the tides of time decided that Sariq Alwajh's reign of fear had lasted long enough.

He called forth the greasiest alchemist in his pride, and gave her the task of creating something that could defeat the Face Thief.

The alchemist set to work immediately, venturing to the farthest reaches of the desert to collect what shw would need. Obsidian was pried from ancient ruins, and ground to dust with the finest ivory powder. She then told her king she would need silver, as much as the priests could spare. Neighboring prides were called upon when that wasn't enough. Some scoffed at the notion of creating a foe for Sariq Alwajh, yet all sent a tribute of silver regardless. Even with little faith in the project, all could agree the Face Thief needed to be stopped.

In the wan light of a moonless night, the alchemist set to work.

She gathered her materials around the bones of one who had died at Sariq Alwajh's cruel teeth and began to draw runes in the sand around both her and the skeleton. The alchemist began to murmur a chant, which the wind returned in whispers. The wind grew more and more fervent as the alchemist completed the circle of runes about her project, reaching a fever pitch as the last sigil was drawn. Still inside the alchemy circle, the alchemist began to chant.

Suddenly, the circle flashed a blinding white. The alchemist screamed, but there was none around to hear. She had made sure of that.

As the light faded, a dark silhouette loomed at the center of the circle. At its feet the alchemist lay.

The alchemist's creation, the devil killer, looked down at its creator's corpse curiously with fear in its silver eyes.

To create life, you must give life. This the alchemist knew. Sariq Alwajh needed to be stopped, at any cost. Her sacrifice would not be made in vain; her creation would not fail.

The devil killer returned to the ancient king.

It was a fearsome beast, one of night-dark pelt and chilling eyes. It had a mouth of silver fangs, and dreadful horns of the same sheen. It walked with life stolen from the alchemist in her dark transaction.

With its fearsome stature, the creation was able to make it before the king without interruption, for none were brave enough to question to black best who walked with such purpose. It bowed before the mortal king, its crown of silver horns gleaming.

"I am Alshaytan Awkl." They rumbled. The Devil Eater. "I was made to protect you."

The king did his best not to tremble before the frightening beast. Had it not been for the unmistakable glimmer of silver about their body, he would have been certain they were an Alshaytan. He raised his maned chin, though Alshaytan Awkl stood a good head above him still.

"We are grateful to have you." The wise king replied. "But, tell me, Devil Eater, where is my alchemist?"

For the first time in the obsidian lion's life, sadness fell over their face. "Life must be given in order to create life." The construct rumbled. "I'm sorry."

Terrible grief crashed over the king's expression, yet vanished in an instant, leaving only distantly sympathetic eyes to stare up at the Devil Eater. "Do not apologize, child." He bowed his head to the construct. As he spoke again, he voice hitched ever so slightly in his throat. "It is a small price to pay for what you must do."

The king paraded Alshaytan Awkl around the pridelands and beyond. Terrifying though they were, the dark lion was a savior-to-be, and was treated as such. Everywhere they went with the king, lions met the both of them with smiles, gifts, and grateful tears. The newborn creature took it all in with heartfelt amazement. In the first few days of their life, the Devil Eater was met with such strong, foreign emotions. It surprised them, confused them... and endeared them.

Everywhere they went with the king, there were prayers for their good fortune, curious cubs who went from cowering in fear to playing with their wispy mane, and gifts of colorful flowers that said cubs were all to eager to weave into Alshaytan Awkl's mane. They were monstrous compared to the lions they were created to protect, this much the Devil Eater, knew, but the lions loved them still. Just for being there, despite the cost of their creation.

They were a hero.

Eventually, the time came for the Devil Eater to live up to their name, metaphorically or otherwise. With a surprisingly heavy heart, Alshaytan Awkl bade the king who ordered their creation farewell, and took to the desert alone to search for Sariq Alwajh. The longer they swept through the shifting dunes, the more the obsidian and silver construct realized exactly how well they fit the path before them.

With their pelt of obsidian swirled with ivory stars, they blended in seamlessly with the night sky. Their frightening visage allowed the Devil Eater to blend in among their foes, using them for information on Sariq Alwajh and avoiding needless skirmishes. However, not all devils were so easily fooled. It was during these encounters that Alshaytan Awkl learned why their claws and fangs gleamed that moonlit silver; any devil who was unfortunate to meet her claws was scored with burning gashes, while their teeth left corrosive wounds in the flesh of the dark creatures.

The Devil Eater was a fragment of the night. They were dreadfully, terrifyingly lethal to the world's most terrible beasts. To said beasts, they appeared as kin. They roamed the day and night tirelessly with a life that was no theirs.

And they were a hero.

They had to be.

The Devil Eater was relentless in their pursuit.

For two years Alshaytan Awkl chased Sariq Alwajh across the desert. There were many close-calls that left one or the other near-death and stained crimson red, but their final confrontation would not come for three years after the creation of the Devil Eater.

It was a dark, cold night. Moonless, like the sky Alshaytan Awkl was created under. In the dim light of the stars, the Devil Eater's eyes shone like polished silver as they searched the dunes for the Face Thief. Many times had they encountered their fated foe, but something felt... different about tonight. The Devil Eater knew in their heart of ivory that this would be the end to her journey.

The Face Thief was waiting for them at the bottom of the dune.

Emboldened, the Devil Eater charged, unknowing of the trap the cunning devil had set for them below. With a great leap, Alshaytan Awkl crashed into the soon-to-be battle field with a triumphant cry, which soon turned to shrieks of pain as their very flesh began to burn. In an instant, the great Devil Eater was brought to the ground.

Sariq Alwajh barked a cold, cruel laugh, sauntering over to the writhing Alshaytan Awkl. He lowered his face of twisted fangs to their level, clicking his tongue with disappointment. "Me dear friend," the devil grinned, "did you really think me capable of only one trick?"

Alshaytan Awkl could do nothing but gasp in pain. They were burning, they felt it, but so no mark on their body. What was happening?

The Face Thief brought those wicked, yellow fangs closer to the Devil Eater's throat. "After all, how do you think I hunt for victims, my friend?"

Alshaytan Awkl's eyes widened, realization dawning upon them just a second too late. Sariq Alwajh's cruel fangs plunged into the soft flesh of their throat, further paralyzing them. They were helpless; a fly caught in a spider's web. Desperately the Devil Eater tried to free themselves, tried to fight back, but they grew weaker by the second.

They had lost.

After what felt like an eternity, the Face Thief pulled away. The last thing Alshaytan Awkl saw was their own face grinning back at them, face drenched in blood.

The great obsidian beast gasped, scrambling to their paws.

The sun scorched their back. An alchemy circle singed the sand 'round them, the corpse of a lion lay at their paws. Memories and realization struck the Devil Eater at the same time.

They buried the lion quickly, not wanting to waste a second that they could spare.

If Sariq Alwajh had lived, and been alive for who knows how longer with their face...

They tried not to think about it.

Alshaytan Awkl ventured deep in the desert, planning to go back to the king who first ordered their creation. They followed the stars, paws moving by memory through the sand. They could tell just by the landscape that a fair amount of time had passed, but the sky never changed. The Devil Eater could always find a froend in the sky.

Why, then, did the might lie to them and say 'This is where your pride lives.' when there was no trace of lions on the wind? Why would the stars trick them so cruelly?

Refusing to believe what was before their very eyes, Alshaytan Awkl turned back to the desert, now searching for any who may help them find their home.

The first group of lions they found confirmed the Devil Eater's worst fears.

Where they had been met with song and gift before, these lions greeted Alshaytan Awkl with shock and fear. There were screams. There were angry shouts. There were pleads for one's life, or the life of a loved one. They begged, demanded the Devil Eater to turn away. They had betrayed lionkind many years ago, the had said, and were not welcome in the desert.

With a heavy heart, Alshaytan Awkl turned and fled.

The moon shone off the still water. Grass whispered around the Devil Eater's paws. They gazed into the silvery pool, white eyes wide with shock.

Once gilded with silver, Alshaytan Awkl was now burnished with a gruesome crimson. Twisted horns of nightmarish sanguine, and a mouth of blood-colored fangs; the Devil Eater now looked the part of a fiend. A part which 'they' had apparently played for the better part of the last two decades. They drew in a short, shaky breath.

They would not cry.

Sariq Alwajh was still out there.

It was time Alshaytan Awkl was true to their name.

A hero once, and a fiend made, the Devil Eater no longer cared which role they played as they turned back to the desert. So long as they got revenge.
Last edited by EchoIre on Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
EchoIre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me