Sunset Rose -- Readoption Contest [Winner!] by ✧ airplane.

Based on Click to view
Artist ✧ airplane. [gallery]
Time spent 6 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
31 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by ~Levi~

Sunset Rose -- Readoption Contest [Winner!]

Postby ✧ airplane. » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:35 pm

---

I have wanted to do a breeding for one of my IC couples for a while, and readopt the kit out to the community!
    Thank you to SIxbane for making this batch for me! They're absolutely adorable, and I hope you guys like them as well!

This will be an impress me comp with a prompt!
    This kit's parents met and fell in love during the course of a tattoo redesign! You can read the story here if you're interested! Art is very important to both this kit's dads.

So I want to know what medium of art this kit uses to express themselves!
      You have unlimited words and art to answer the prompt. As long as the prompt is answered, feel free to include any other info you wish.
      Bonus points if you keep the kit connected to their dads, but it's not required. Extra bonus points if you include somewhere in your form, some sort of flower symbolism!

Remember to keep in mind, if you use the parents in the form, they are both male and use he/him pronouns! They also would be very loving parents and I don't want to see any sort of abuse.

End date is February 6th, @11:59 PM EST

---
Last edited by ✧ airplane. on Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ Red he/they queer tired ]
artist + owner of kalons // firestarter#0687
too much coffee & not enough sleep ✦ an ding peak lord

"my king—!"

[ Kalons TH ] [ Adopts TH ]
x
x

✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sunset Rose -- Readoption Contest

Postby justamindset » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:40 pm

[Found]

Rummaging through the garbage dump, Akaia whistled to herself as she searched for salvageable items to use for her sculptures. items like coolers and insulation from old houses were a big part of each sculpture she made, as these weren’t your ordinary pieces of art. Hidden within each creation, Kaia built homes for the homeless.

Inspired by a story about a musician who spent his time doing the same, Kaia started her journey through a school art project. This project entailed creating a sculpture out of ones trash items, and Kaia took it one step further, creating a mobile piece of art that doubled as a home for those who can’t afford one.

Using money she got from helping clean at her dad’s tattoo parlour, Kaia would go out to buy nails and screws to put her creations together. Her favourite sculpture house was a custom design for the homeless man who slept in the back alley behind the shop. it was shaped to look like a sleeping bear; something that definitely warded off any thieves who might find it funny to steal from the poor man.

“Aha!” She cried as she pulled out another cooler from the depths of the trash pile. Covered in grime, rust and dirt, she was very proud of her ‘catch’ of the day. The town knew what Akaia was doing, so all used coolers now came to her instead of the dump - though she suspected not all of them that were given to her needed to be thrown out - but there were still some good finds in the piles of garbage to help her on her quest.
Last edited by justamindset on Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

[♡] ember / / [♡] justamindset
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

kals // toyhouse // comms: open

𓆩*𓆪 and i know where to look 𓆩*𓆪

in permanent need of coffee

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brackensnake » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:55 pm

Mark with smashing clay I think
Brackensnake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elliott. » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:56 pm

res
elliott.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sprinkleshake » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:57 pm

res

i’m never coming back here
maybe someday to sell my pets
but otherwise im Gone byebye
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
cred

sprinkleshake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LokisTrick » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:03 pm

Marking ^^

Name Possibility, Hemmingway
Dreaming Deep~

Looking for celestial garden item set!
LokisTrick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:37 am

username; SilentMelody | name; Godiva Fields | gender; female

Unlike her fathers, she has a very... different medium of art. Some wouldn't consider it art, but she does and she loves it. It's her passion.

Godiva starts off her day with a piping hot mug of hot chocolate.

She wakes up and makes her pick through the many flavors on her shelf -- milk chocolate, dark chocolate, mint, pumpkin, peppermint, and caramel. Of course, her go-to is usually mint hot chocolate. Diva opens up one of the packages and pours the cocoa beans along with the mint leaves into a machine, turning it on to grind.

The sweet-toothed kalon always makes her stuff homemade, just like this. She has all of her stuff prepared in the packages for her to open and grind, sometimes opening her home (with the permission of her fathers) to sell mugs of hot chocolate. However, Godiva would never dare make her stuff into the powdered, easy mixes. No, that's disgraceful, and it's no longer considered an art. When the cocoa beans and mint leaves are properly ground, she puts the dry mixture into a mug and heats up milk to pour over it. At the right temperature, it's heavenly.

She settles down into one of her reclining chairs and puts her feet up, wiggling her toes within her slippers. Diva sips her hot chocolate and sighs, closing her eyes. If only she could stay like this forever.

Honestly though... she tends to drink through her stock of hot chocolate ingredients and ends up not selling enough during the season, so she has to go to work at a local cafe. Godiva hesitantly downs the rest of her hot chocolate and returns her mug to the kitchen sink, making a mental note to clean it.

Before she leaves, she takes a Thermos and starts the process over again. Open the package, grind the ingredients, and add hot milk. Diva hefts a purse onto one shoulder and grasps the Thermos in her other hand, heading out the door.

It's a known fact that she has hot chocolate over ten times a day.
Last edited by SilentMelody on Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Levi~ » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:52 am

BASIC INFORMATION

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛✥┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Full Name: Lyra Angelos
Nickname: "Lye"
Sexuality: Lesbian
Parents: Ajax and Nikkolai
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓✥┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

CHARACTER NOTES

➢ My name is Greek like my dads! And I stick to my namesake - I love music!
➢ I am adopted - If you're that nosy but who cares? doesn't matter.
➢ I'm kinda quite but once I've decided on something. I stick to my guns.
➢ I love to design clothes! My parents have definitely influenced me with this.
➢ I get a lot of my designs for my clothes from different cultures
➢ I adore finding classical outfits and trying to make them modern!
➢ I enjoy going to the park and getting inspiration for my designs if the culture isn't enough.
➢ Other than fashion and music, I love anime and animals.
➢ I want to get a bird, or a cat or a snake or a ferret or maybe a chinchilla????

INTERESTS

➢ Favourite Song: OOOH! It's definitely Heaven Knows by Five For Fightings
➢ Favourite Movie: Hmmm... Devil Wears Prada? It's badass.
➢ Favourite Book: I don't read too many books...
➢ Favourite colour: Burnt red or emberish? Nope, burnt red.
➢ Favourite weather: Autumn when the leaves are changing colours.
➢ Favourite Poem: Do not go gentle into that good night by Dylan Thomas! I just find it very strong, if that makes sense?

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

███████████████████████████████

Lyra "Lye" Angelos
(Makeup done by Yuki)

~So I want to know what medium of art this kit uses to express themselves!~
ART
Sooooooo, art huh? Well both my dads are very connected to art - it played a big role in how they met! So, while they never pressured me to be creative, it just sorts of happened?

For me, being creative is a way to express who I am as a person and to explore my own ideas and thoughts on a deeper level. And what’s the best way to continue to express this than through style? Ever since I was a kid, I guess I’ve been the odd one out in how I dress. My colour theory isn’t that great and I’m slightly colour blind in that I struggle with distinguishing certain shades, so my outfits were always slightly mismatched. However, it never really bothered me? Afterall my dads always backed me up and told me to dress how I wanted.

This confidence in myself that they instilled in me and the fun that I had in dressing myself, lead to me being very interested in fashion. I developed my own style based around the colours which I can see more easily as well as occasionally more monochromatic pieces where I focus on the silhouette and textures. I particularly like looking at the shapes and styles of a different era and nations and either modernising them and/ or mix and matching them. I’ve had a lot of practice by now too! Neither of my dads are focused on designing clothes so I taught myself through a lot of practice and reading - of course, my dads were my guinea pigs! (They kept every piece!)

I am now in a college of fashion and its there I’ve met one of my closest friends - Yuki. So I guess like fathers, like daughter. They met through art and I’ve met my best friend through art as well. Yuki is kinda quiet like me but she doesn’t have the same supportive parents like me - which has really made me appreciate what I have. We were paired together near the start of our first year for a project, and we’ve been friends ever since. I really enjoy collaborating with her! Her style is more Avante Garde and costumey (also edgier) than me but her colour theory is spot on. I tend to be better with the technical abilities so together, we are unstoppable. We’re even thinking of starting a brand together!

Sooooo, art… Art has played a big role in my life - I mean I wouldn’t have my family without it! But its also shaped my personality and has gained me my best friend!

And why designing? And not something else? Well, I’m not too good at drawing and I prefer things that I can make in 3D. I am now better at sketching, but as a kid, I was a lot better at stitching and mending clothes (which I did - my dads can draw but not fix clothes). I also love how, like tattoos (that my dads are attached to), clothes are a statement of your soul and personality. And I’m far too finicky to ever stick to one design so I wanted to focus on something not as permanent as some other art forms but still can make a real impression. It’s also useful!

Note: All art is mine unless stated otherwise (with references to where I found it:
- The "references" (photos) used in the fashion journal page are not mine
- Yuki's style/artwork was a piece I did for the competition for Yuki and hence not strictly made for this competition but I wanted to include it so you get a better idea of how they work together and their different styles
Last edited by ~Levi~ on Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:24 am, edited 43 times in total.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
“A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” ― Charles Darwin
“Learn to value yourself, which means: fight for your happiness.” ― Ayn Rand
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Name: Poppy or Fenrir
Likes: Crappy fantasy books, anime, drawing, animals, Marvel and Dc lol, most music, random K-pop songs, running, talking to people (pm me if you want), sleeping and martial arts.
Note: Please be polite and respectful ^-^
~Levi~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kagome963 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:24 pm

mark
┌────────┘♥└────────┐
Female ♡ Adult
Nightmare ♡ Married
Proud Mother
She/Her Pronouns
└────────┐♥┌────────┘
┌─────┘♥└─────┐
Fursonas
D&D Characters
Lunar Ranch
Sales Barn
Art (C)
└─────┐♥┌─────┘

Kagome963

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:13 pm

xxx
❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁
t a k e o f f f o r f l i g h t ,
a l l o f t h e m y s t e r y
i s g o n e . . .
w i t h w i n g s o f l i g h t
i ' l l b e w h o l e a g a i n

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁
xxx
xxx
SpartanAmethystAthena "Chusi" Lynette FieldsCis FemaleAce/Panro
xxxa t h e n a
xxxxxx The Greek Goddess of Wisdom & War. [x]
xxxc h u s i
xxxxxx Native American Hopi name meaning "snake flower".
xxxl y n e t t e
xxxxxx Girls' name from either French or Welsh origin meaning "idol".

" M E E TxxxM ExxxU N D E RxxxT H ExxxD O G W O O DxxxT R E E . "

dogwood [ dawg-wood ] [n]
xxxxxx any tree or shrub belonging to the the genus Cornus
xxxxxx notable plants are C. sanguinea (Europe) or C. florida (America).
xxxxxx It's flowers symbolize the renewal of life and rebirth.
|
|
|
|
In nature, nothing is perfect and everything
is perfect. Trees can be contorted, bent in
weird ways, and they're still beautiful.

- Alice Walker
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Like her fathers, Chusi is very much centered in the arts. She draws, paints, sculpts, and has even began learning how to design and modify tattoos working part time in the shop. The young Kalon very much enjoys working with unique and uncommon mediums, such as sand art, textured paints, and her favorite, nature. Chusi loves creating arrangements both large and small, simple pictures using flower petals all the way up to complex images "painted" using live flowers in a block of floral foam and statues created using twigs, branches, and pine cones. She finds intense inspiration in using nature instead of paints; in her care, riverstones become canvases and stepping stones, while precious stones and gems become all kinds of jewelry and flair. She loves to find her supplies in the wild outdoors, often collecting them when she's out on a trail ride, or hiking through the woods near her home.

One of her biggest inspirations is her mare, Zelda [#4]. The palomino mare was very much an impulse buy, but it was for good reason; Zelda was once part of a breeding farm, where she was mistreated and neglected. Luckily the farm was shut down before she was ever attempted to be covered, but she was malnourished and skittish of any human contact. Her haunches and shoulders were littered with bites and bruises where the other horses had bullied her, chasing the sweet mare away from what little food and water was put out for them. The ASPCA begged for volunteers to help rehabilitate all of the horses so that they could be adopted out after their recovery, and it just so happened that Chusi had been there that day, looking at the cats available for adoption. She fell in love instantly, and agreed to foster the mare. Within a few days she had some friends move a small shed-turned-barn onto the property, and build a pasture fence around everything. She brought Zelda home that next week, and though it took a long time to earn her trust, the mare quickly showed just how much of a lovebug she really was. Nearly six months later she became a foster failure, and Chusi signed the papers to officially make the mare hers. Since that day they've been totally inseparable, more like a big dog than a horse in personality, and since then she's been Chusi's favorite art subject to paint, sketch, sculpt, and groom.

Chusi lives a little ways outside the city where her fathers are, preferring the serenity of the forest to the hustle of the big city. Her technically property is huge, while her used land is minimal, preferring to keep everything looking natural and pure. Her home is a minimalist's dream, tiny and easy to care for, with a matching shed and pasture attached to the house for her best friend. Her favorite place on the entire property, though, is a blooming dogwood tree in the middle of a meadow, well hidden in the forest. Its her private sanctuary, and she often goes there to read, draw, and just generally relax. The young Kalon had been out on a hike one day, just after she'd turned eighteen, and found the meadow completely by accident. This was long before she ever even bought the land, or officially moved out of her parents' house. Always being the active type, Chusi usually went out on long hikes and camping trips when she felt sad or depressed. At this time, she'd just gone through a very rough break-up after graduating high school, and had been denied to both art schools that she'd applied to, including a vocalist program she'd been so excited about, as she loved to sing. Her dreams were crushed, so she set off on an adventure to get her mind off of everything. When she's found the meadow, the tree was in full bloom, its delicate scent setting her mind at ease and allowing her to unwind from all the stress in her life. Over the rest of the summer she continued to visit the tree, often just sitting underneath its canopy and just being, not even worried about life outside of the sounds of the forest. Two years later, she managed to purchase the entire property, and keep her sanctuary safe.

Besides her and Zelda, many of the forest's natural fauna shares the land; she sees everything from hummingbirds to deer, foxes, and even the odd bear just before winter. That's also including an opossum that was apparently someone's pet that they dumped into the woods, and the female Kalon decided to take her in; a small pink harness held a beat up, dirty record of her last vet visit, and it was just enough to track down the veterinarian that used to care for her. They never found her owner, but that was okay with Chusi; the opossum, now named Midna, became a quick part of their family, and even Zelda adored her. The trio often go on trail rides together, Midna curling up either in her own special backpack, or riding on the pommel of the western saddle, right in front of Chusi. Her fathers haven't quite figured out where this nature child mentality came from, but it's what makes her unique.

Chusi is proud to be a self-described artist hippie, completely self-sustained, and pescatarian, except for dairy. She loves milk in her coffee and ice cream way too much to give up dairy, but she's very particular about it. She buys all of her dairy from a local farmer, where she can go visit the cows and she knows that they're not mistreated. Her and the farmer, another female Kalon named Delilah living with her mate Lacey, often barter for the vegetables and flowers that Chusi grows, and it works well for them.

examples ;; all (c) to respective their respective owners
[☆] [☆] [☆] [☆] [☆] [☆]

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁
Bring me to the garden where we'd go,
and cleanse my soul, cleanse my soul.
Free me of this anger that I hold,
and make me whole, make me whole.
If I looked you in the eye, and
showed the broken things inside:
I won't run away, I won't run away.
If you saw my darkest parts,
the wicked things inside my heart.
I won't run away, I won't run away.

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

Last edited by SpartanAmethyst on Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:25 am, edited 9 times in total.
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me