Artist snipsnops [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 49 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

WINTER ADOPT 10 // Ten lords a leaping

Postby snipsnops » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:16 pm

CATACOMBS wrote:
[ main thread ]
The catacombs are a vast underground network of tunnels, only accessible by a few select spots on the surface.
Ancient cats carved and explored these tunnels through centuries of hard work. At the heart of the catacombs
is a nook bustling with life: Catalena. Here cats live harmoniously in groups called guilds, in which every memb-
er has it's own special role. There are merchants, barbarians, witches, foragers, every type of citizen you could
imagine. Everyone contributes to Catalena in their own way and keeps it safe for the cats that live there.

x
INFO wrote:
name:
guild:
---
Level: 0
EXP: 0
____________________________________________________________________________________________

you must have already registered your guild and have a founder to enter!
edits: head fluff, custom tail, accessories
w/o accessories
this visitor is a little late but they still got here in time for the main festivities!
to recruit them, tell me what they currently value most in their life.
this can be anything, from ideals to material things to loved ones etc. (800 words max)
you may add one art piece as an extra; feel free to pretty up as well!

this'll end January 8th, 11:59 pm est!

Code: Select all
username:
name:
guild: [url=][/url]
prompt: (800 words max)
Last edited by snipsnops on Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

✦ snipsnops | she/her | artist | adult ✦

✦ Animation major, often very busy with school work
✦ Feel free to reach out on discord! @snipsnops
✦ Icon by shadeyenova, sig art by ceruleanwake

about me // toyhouse
snipsnops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WINTER ADOPT 10 // Ten lords a leaping

Postby .sins. » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:35 pm

Res
-
-
-
.sins. | they/them | sagittarius
enfp-t | true nuetral | slytherin

-----

just a vet student trying to enjoy the
minimal amount of free time they have

-----

trade | sig art credit | pfp art credit
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:37 pm

username:
name:
role: merchant
guild: [url=#]Lamplighters[/url]
prompt: (800 words max)

heck yea *-*
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wings.mov » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:42 pm

username: Cherry.mov
name: Louis
role: Mage
guild: Shark Teeth
prompt: This thing Louis values most in his life? It has to be how far he has come.
Louis used to live in the back allies of Catalina with his grandmother, barely scraping by. They didn't have much, just a small stand where they sold various things they find for a few coins.
Admittedly, Louis is not a very strong mage. He was even weaker when he was young, and struggled with things most younger mages had an easy time with. His grandma, being a mage herself, helped him improve his skill, anything from accuracy to consistency. He finally found his niche after a while of practice, when his gran brought home a needle and thread to improve his precision. Louis had a nature affinity to sewing the minute he was taught how, even with his weaker magic.
They started to sell his small creations at the stand, his designs becoming more and more popular as time goes on.
Now he owns a small successful shoppe, selling cloaks and ribbons and designing linens for cats who need them.
So yes, Louis values nothing more than his own resilience to become who he is today
And his grandma, of course.

Extra sketch
Last edited by Wings.mov on Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
x

Hey, I'm Cherry
She/they/anything non masc • Lesbian
I have anxiety and ADHD so remind me if
I forget or take to long on anything <3
I like bees, plants, drawing, minecraft,
terraria, mcyt, GrayFruit(YT), music,
warriors, and my incredible girlfriend

xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

xxxxxxxxxxFind me here
xxxxxxxxFRTHCS to FR
──────────────────────────
xxxxxx
──────────────────────────

Wings.mov

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:27 pm

oooh, handsome cat- mark perhaps? :0
Hi there!
You can call me Knick! I'm a runner and casual artist
who loves thinking about stories and never writing them.
I’m around for various arpgs and species stuff ^^

art fight!
threads for arpgs/species I'm currently active in:
kalons--salted stone--knollclan--sound asheep--haven
other cs characters™

she/her -- student -- est
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby katrei » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:39 pm

username: rhiannon_rings
name: Remington
role: Merchant
guild: Luck of the Firestarters
prompt: Most people might not believe it when they first meet Remington - he seems like a jolly, well off individual who enjoys showing off his bouts of strength every now and then. Nobody would've ever guessed that he wasn't always like this.
When Remington was a child, he was very sickly. Weak, frail, and tiny, the boy was never destined to make it past a couple months - it just never seemed likely. Such a poor dear, he was, constantly left to wonder: if every time he went to sleep, would he not wake up the next day? Was tomorrow ever even guaranteed? Most of the time, he thought not.
When Remington had made a miraculous recovery, the doctors were baffled. He was seen as the miracle child, the one the angels were said to have chosen to rescue. It was truly an incredulous moment, and Remington thanks his lucky stars daily that he was given another chance at life. He feels as though he survived for a reason; to let people know that life is sacred, and is not a right, but a privilege. It's easy to say that he now values his life more than any material object could ever even dream to be worth.
[ 205/800 ]

what a handsome lad!!!
Last edited by katrei on Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
katrei

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alckatraz » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:07 pm

username: Alckatraz
name: Lord Henry
role: Mage
guild: The Fellowship of The Shadows
prompt: The Lord Henry was spending another night in his impressive mansion. He was staying in the saloon, contemplating the snow falling outside. Unusually quiet, he must have entered again in the world of abstract ideas.

Known to have an extravagant taste to things and quite eccentric, Lord Henry was a mystery for anyone who tried getting closer to his heart. The way he saw the life was different from other cats which couldn't be able to think as deeply as he did.

For this reason, although the mysterious cat was popular among catalenians, he hadn't, in fact, any friends. Somehow, he seemed to get used to this kind of life.

"I was just sitting there, in my mansion, as I do when I'm tired of fancy tea parties. The snow which was falling was even more beautiful in the night. It was maybe the first time I really felt alone. My parents were gone and I wasn't married. Another Christmas spent in loneliness. Yes I was very rich, but maybe this richness brought my unhappiness. And then, in that winter night, while staying in my armchair and smoking my pipe I realised what I do really value in this life. Not my social position, or money or fancy lifestyle, not even the expensive cars I loved so much collecting or my art gallery. It was the time".

It was that uncertain feeling, of relief, that was overwhelming him every time when he was conscious of his transience and somehow grateful that he don't need to go through the existential crises brought by the concept of immortality. He was aware that his life will end one day and he was grateful for this blessing. Although he was a very powerful and rich cat and he could have anything he wanted, he was never tempted by the immortality idea, so the dark forces, hidden in the dark, weren't able to corrupt his soul.

To a certain extent, the Lord Henry was glad to see the time changing his world and even him. "If my time would have stopped for the rest of the eternity, I would have been insane, don't waste your life with impossible dreams" he was heard saying to every cat speaking about a life without the care for time.

What the ordinary cats didn't know was that Lord Henry had a gold pocket watch, with the empowered with the gift of the time. It meant that the mysterious cat was able to manipulate his reality whenever his heart desired to, like a time machine, more or less.

But playing with the time was a serious job, having, of course, some consequences. So after seeing the past and the future, the Lord Henry wasn't able to return to the exact moment when he left, so he remained trapped somewhere in the middle, in another reality, when he was rich, but older and alone. He didn't dare to use the watch again since that day, realising how important every moment in someone's life was.
[502/800]
Last edited by Alckatraz on Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
╔════════════════════════╗
Katra | She/Her | Adult | ENTP

© | TH | Art Shop | Alckatraz#8667

╚════════════════════════╝
Alckatraz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snipsnops » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:44 pm

extending to January 8th!
forms above may be edited, and new ones are welcome!

✦ snipsnops | she/her | artist | adult ✦

✦ Animation major, often very busy with school work
✦ Feel free to reach out on discord! @snipsnops
✦ Icon by shadeyenova, sig art by ceruleanwake

about me // toyhouse
snipsnops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Joke's On You » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:05 pm

username: Joke's On You
name: Ebenezer
role: Merchant
guild: Knights of Blood Oath
prompt:

"Alms for the poor?"

Ha! What a joke.

For Ebenezer, he doesn't care much about the unfortunate cats that wander the Catacombs with empty pockets. The only thing he values most is the currency that remains in his pockets after selling goods that the Foragers of the guild bring him. Nobody said that being a Merchant meant that you had to care for the well-being of other cats.

Currency builds a guild, or at least, that's what Ebenezer believes. The reason he values currency so much is because of the belief that currency is the main reason for why the world is the way it is. Without currency, you'd have nothing. So when you're a cat with those beliefs who handles currency day after day? A little bit of power starts to go to their head.

Ebenezer is the one who makes sure to strike a good bargain.
Ebenezer is the one who is in charge of what is and isn't bought from the market.
Ebenezer is the one who makes it so that the guild has a fighting chance in the Catacombs world.

He values currency because of the power that it holds. He values it because he believes that being a Merchant who handles currency day after day gives him a lot of power in the guild. And the sensation that Ebenezer has power over some of the other cats in the guild makes him feel quite good.

Currency is power. And since all the currency of the guild is right in his paws, it's the reason he values it so much. Only for the power he feels he gains from it.

[274/800]

Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snipsnops » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:26 pm

closed! results will be posted soon <3