Artist snipsnops [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 21 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

WINTER ADOPT 05 // Five Golden Rings

Postby snipsnops » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:44 am

CATACOMBS wrote:
[ main thread ]
The catacombs are a vast underground network of tunnels, only accessible by a few select spots on the surface.
Ancient cats carved and explored these tunnels through centuries of hard work. At the heart of the catacombs
is a nook bustling with life: Catalena. Here cats live harmoniously in groups called guilds, in which every memb-
er has it's own special role. There are merchants, barbarians, witches, foragers, every type of citizen you could
imagine. Everyone contributes to Catalena in their own way and keeps it safe for the cats that live there.

x
INFO wrote:
name:
guild:
---
Level: 0
EXP: 0
____________________________________________________________________________________________

you must have already registered your guild and have a founder to enter!
edits: head fluff, custom tail, accessories

to recruit this visitor, tell me how your founder or a member from your guild would convince them to join!
this can be anything from a first encounter to a situation with dire circumstances! (1000 words max)
you may add one art piece as an extra; feel free to pretty up as well!

this'll end January 8th, 11:59 pm est!

Code: Select all
username:
name:
guild: [url=][/url]
prompt: (1000 words max)
Last edited by snipsnops on Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

✦ snipsnops | she/her | artist | adult ✦

✦ Animation major, often very busy with school work
✦ Feel free to reach out on discord! @snipsnops
✦ Icon by shadeyenova, sig art by ceruleanwake

about me // toyhouse
snipsnops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WINTER ADOPT 05 // Five Golden Rings

Postby .sins. » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:53 am

Username; .sins.
Name; Trinity
Gender; female
Role; forager
Guild; Lazarus Rising
Prompt;
      convince to join guild
Last edited by .sins. on Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
-
-
.sins. | they/them | sagittarius
enfp-t | true nuetral | slytherin

-----

just a vet student trying to enjoy the
minimal amount of free time they have

-----

trade | sig art credit | pfp art credit
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PARK » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:08 pm

snips im gonna cry they're perfect

username: dewdrop ghoul
name: "deathrattle" (aurom)
role: mercenary/personal guard to khrysos (fighter)
guild: lamplight split
prompt:
xxxxxxxxit's cold in the catacombs

xxxxxxxxkhrysos wakes up with a terrible stabbing pain in his head. it starts behind the eyes and radiates down to the base of his skull so intensely that he jolts upright (or, as upright as he can be at the moment, which is only as far as resting shakily on his elbow). cursing under his breath, khrysos manages to pull himself up into a sitting position, and his vision goes in and out of focus for a good moment while he attempts to blink the fog away, squinting—

xxxxxxxxhe'd run into... a bit of bad luck. specifically in the form of a small group of caligos with whom he may or may not have done some underhanded dealing that turned sour and left them broke and angry... but hey, let bygones be bygones, right?

xxxxxxxxnot so much. a silver tongue can only get you so far in the world of business, and when the guys at the other end of the deal don't get their due, well, it's best not to let your guard down. they pounced as soon as they saw a shining opportunity to get their coin back. truth be told, he was probably lucky to get away with just a minor concussion and a few cuts and bruises.

xxxxxxxxit's unnatural

xxxxxxxx—and who might this be?

xxxxxxxxah, what a sight for sore eyes! sitting dazed just a few yards away is one of the very same thugs who robbed him! back for more? no, couldn't be. they'd been thorough in making sure that they'd taken everything khrysos had on hand before giving him one last knock on the head and running off.

xxxxxxxx"you there." his words are a bit slurred, his mind still in a bit of a fog. he clears his throat. "what are you still doing here?"

xxxxxxxxbest not stay for long

xxxxxxxxkhrysos is a bit surprised when his foe jumps nimbly to his feet, and though his breath catches for just a moment in his chest, he masks it with a cool 'tut'. to further emphasize just how unfazed he is, a fixes a placid look on his face, tilting up his head to look down his nose at his mugger. "do you still need me for something? or should i show you the way out?"

xxxxxxxxthe cat spits, his expression souring further. and after a brief silence, khrysos' attacker finally speaks. "get on," he hisses, "or i'll do you in for good this time."

xxxxxxxxnow it's time to weigh the severity of that threat. on one hand, khrysos is still a bit unsure on his legs and his stomach is churning from his head injury. but on the other side of it—

xxxxxxxx"oh, yes, of course. you look to be in great shape." lifting a paw, he gestures to the snow around the cat. it's dotted red, and the stranger's nose is cut wide open. "i'm sure you got that wound before you and your friends attacked me, right? come to think of it, i've heard of old scars spontaneously opening and bleeding everywhere—"

xxxxxxxxhe's cut off by a small blade pressed against his throat, and he takes a moment to breathe before finishing. "it's very common. i believe that's my dagger."

xxxxxxxxthey're locked in a silent battle of nerve. neither seem to want to break first; two stubborn felines staring each other down, eye to eye and nose to nose. the strong, coppery scent of blood causes khrysos' nose to twitch, but he doesn't relent. this isn't his first standoff, and by the stars it won't be his last.

xxxxxxxxhow can anybody survive down here

xxxxxxxx"right." the stranger sneers, stepping back and tossing the dagger away. it clatters on the ice, skidding over the rocky floor and tumbling over a dark ravine. khrysos stifles a groan. he's shot a warning look. "we don't trust each other. but you do me a favor an' i won't finish the job."

xxxxxxxxkhrysos is irritated, and he wants to go home to sleep this whole ordeal off. he scoffs, shaking his head. and he would make a challenge of it, but truthfully, he is in far worse shape than the hanerian and he doesn't stand much of a chance with or without his dagger. so he curls his lip and adjusts his tone to be just on the irritating side of sarcastically pleasant. "of course, friend. i do owe you one, don't i?"

xxxxxxxx"i need to get out of here." he pointedly ignores khrysos' snide comment, which for some reason vexes khrysos, but he doesn't interrupt. "so show me the way out."

xxxxxxxx"try the way you came," khrysos says flatly, narrowing his eyes, but the stranger shakes his head.

xxxxxxxx"i'm not goin' back. they stole my share of the money, those conniving sons of—" his expression twists into something bitter, maybe something a bit hurt? and khrysos almost feels sorry for the cat, except that he doesn't. he was the one who was mugged by the group in the first place, after all. "i'll make a life on the surface. so show me how to get out."

xxxxxxxxkhrysos contemplates this, weighing his options. to never see hide or hair of this cat again would be great, but...

xxxxxxxx"no." he says, and stops the stranger before he can protest. "come with me. i could use a clever cat like you."

xxxxxxxxother than a raised eyebrow, the cat's expression remains flat, but he looks like he might let loose a haughty laugh at any second. no doubt, he thinks khrysos is stupid.

xxxxxxxx"you'll be paid for your work." khrysos offers, and he knows that the caligo is aware of his lucrative business. "besides, you hanerians aren't allowed on the surface, so you don't have much of a choice in the matter here."

xxxxxxxxthat must have struck a chord. the stranger hisses through his teeth, defeated. "fine. until i make my own way."

xxxxxxxxit's the only place left to go

xxxxxxxxwe'll make it together

[999/1000]
Last edited by PARK on Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PARK

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alckatraz » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:39 pm

𝖀𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖓𝖆𝖒𝖊: 𝓐𝓵𝓬𝓴𝓪𝓽𝓻𝓪𝔃
𝕹𝖆𝖒𝖊: 𝓝𝓮𝓯𝓮𝓻𝓽𝓾𝓶
𝕲𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗: 𝓜𝓪𝓵𝓮
𝕽𝖔𝖑𝖊: 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓮𝓻
𝕲𝖚𝖎𝖑𝖉: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓕𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓸𝔀𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓹 𝓸𝓯 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓱𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔀𝓼

𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖒𝖕𝖙: Since time immemorial, in many cultures all around the world had been stories about unnatural creatures and legends of mighty gods. But in reality, the things aren't as easy as they seem to be...

Bastet looked with a profound disappointment at the endless ocean of sand in front of her. At the horizon, the sun was setting behind the dunes."I can't believe I'm returning there" said Bast, shaking her head.

Known for tending to be arrogant, the feline goddess must have had a very important reason that made her give up her ego and coming back to the lands she was hoping never to see them again.

As the night was setting in, Bast confronted with the feeling that the inevitable would happen.

✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵

In the heart of the Sahara desert, a mighty palace was standing majestically, shining in the sunset. A gorgeous lion- looking young god, was contemplating the quiet evening. Somehow, he was feeling that his life is about to change. "I feel that something important will happen" he whispered, seeing a shadow sneaking near the walls.

Bast looked behind her just in time to see a silhouette moving fast, then disappearing. "I knew she would come after me. I am running out of time."

"Should I call the guardians or you have a very good reason why you're sneaking on here?" said a voice.

Surprised, Bast turned around recognizing the two menet necklaces that he wore all the time, so she could tell who's the one addressing her, even if there were ages since she saw him last time. "Nefertum, son of Ptah and Sekhmet..."

Trying to hide the strong emotions that overwhelmed her, the goddess fixed her green eyes on the young cat. "... You have to come with me"

"Aunt Bast?" The other cat seemed twice as shocked. "Do you dare to come here after all you did and demand me to follow you? It won't happen" hissed the young god.

"Then, you don't give me other choice" said Bast, jumping on Nefertum and putting him to the ground. "Wit Ra itn wasrw" shouted her, and they vanished before the mysterious silhouette could interfere.

A blinding light could be seen in the middle of the night in a forest, not so far of Catalena. Two cats fell from the sky with the speed of the light from a shining portal out of the nowhere...

It's called teleportation.
Indeed, maybe that's how the mortals call it... But let's continue our story.

... Somewhere in a forest, Bast and Nefertum fell from one of the ancient light portals. After invoking the power of Ra, the cat goddess seemed exhausted. Nefertum wasn't looking very good as well, he scratched his nose while falling.

After Bast finally found the right plants to help the lion god, who turned out to be very stubborn with her, as if she kidnapped him or something. She decided that it was the time for some explanations.

"I know you're angry on me, but you have to listen here, she whispered. I'll keep it simple: my sister is hunting me, she knew I will come after you. Sekhmet was always unpredictable and temperamental, but now she became dangerous and you know this better than anyone else. She's your mother, but this won't stop her from hurting you, even by accident. I'd never ask you to follow me in Catalena without being sure there isn't another way. I swore to protect you, Sunrise. Whatever it takes, you'll be safe. I'm your mother too, after all."

Before Nefertum's mother married Ptah, he was the husband of Bast, so it remained a bit uncertain whose child is Nefertum truly. Sekhmet could never forget Bast for marrying the one she loved. Now even if they're sisters, they don't get along very well.

Nefertum knew Bast wouldn't have taken the risk of coming there just to visit them. He could read into her eyes the despair, so he assumed that the danger wasn't only Sekhmet.

In fact, Nefertum was never very close to his mother, being brought up by Hathor, the harmless cow goddess version of Sekhmet, so when he got to know his mother's true form, he started fearing her. For a while, the goddess was staying more and more as the warrior Sekhmet, than Hathor. This was made Bast worry that the young god will live an unhappy life or will be even exposed to danger. It was very unusual for the cat goddess to actually care for someone.

"Let me tell you about Catalena. It's the most beautiful city you could ever imagine, yet not so different from what we already know. What makes this city so special is that it's underground in catacombs, crossed by a lot of different tunnels in size and shapes.

It can be the perfect home to any cat, you have just to be brave enough to put the paw on there for the first time and you won't think leaving ever again.
There is something to do for any type of cat; big, small; fluffy or not; no matter the aspect, breed or where you come from.

You, as the god of perfume and sunrise, would make an ideal forager. You could gather different aromatic plants, then ask Esmeralda, our merchant to sell them.

When you step in Catalena, your past is forgotten and the future begins. Together we are stronger."

"My solar glow can't pass unnoticed through catalenians; everyone will admire my celestial beauty. It can't be worse than the desert." he thought.

After a long moment of silence, the lion god spoke: "I accept to follow you there." He felt it was written in the Book of Destiny to happen like this anyway.

When they reached Catalena, Quetzalyaotl, the guild leader came to introduce him to his new family. "We're honoured to welcome you among us, Nefertum".

Nefertum could never imagine that his life would be actually given a meaning. For the first time in his life, he felt home.

[1000/1000]

Last edited by Alckatraz on Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:24 pm, edited 24 times in total.
╔════════════════════════╗
Katra | She/Her | Adult | ENTP

© | TH | Art Shop | Alckatraz#8667

╚════════════════════════╝
Alckatraz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ARKYQ » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:42 pm

Mark!
ARKYQ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snipsnops » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:45 pm

extending to January 8th!
forms above may be edited, and new ones are welcome!

about me // toyhouse
snipsnops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby katrei » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:48 pm

username: rhiannon_rings
name: Ezra
role: Fighter
guild: Luck of the Firestarters
prompt: "The way I see it, you have two choices," Rhiannon said, blowing out a plume of smoke from her cigarette as she spoke coldly to the newcomer. "You can either leave by your own free will... Or you can leave on a gurney." Her fist clenched at her side, eyes narrowing dangerously. "Which will it be, toots?"
The brown furred female chuckled lightly, sauntering over to the guild leader with such confidence, as if she weren't toying with her life right now. "Oh, mon cher," she purred, giving a sickeningly sweet smile, "you wound me so! I'm not asking for much, no?"
"Oh, but you are, dear." Rhiannon tossed the butt of her cigarette into the snow, putting her hands in her pockets and walking past the rookie. "If you think I'm about to let some kid into my guild, you've got another thing coming."
Ezra twitched slightly at the word kid, and this did not go unnoticed by Rhiannon. The latter smirked: "Oh? Struck a nerve, have I? How absolutely pathetic."
"Not at all, cher," the brown furred molly snapped back, that dangerous grin still plastered to her face. "I think you're just worried your guild members will be charmed by the newcomer; after all, don't you think they'd prefer a..." She looked Rhiannon up and down casually. "...Newer model?"
This caused Rhiannon to fume with anger. "Why you little...!" She raised her fist, as if she’d actually do something, and Ezra backed away quickly, holding up a finger with a taunting gaze. “Ah ah ah!” she cooed, eyes narrowed with a smirk. “You try anything like that and you get nothing. I thought you wanted information, mon cher?”
Rhiannon paused, a guttural groan escaping her lips as she realized that the smaller female was right. She was caught at an impasse - if she harmed Ezra, she’d get nothing out of it. On the other hand, if she kept her alive, she’d probably get a little too mad and do something she might regret.
Ezra chuckled, taking note of Rhiannon’s internal struggle. “You know, cher,” she purred, “if you’d just let me join your little guild, you’d have everything you’d need - a new informant slash undercover operator, plus information on your enemies. Or…” She took a dramatic pause at this, waiting until Rhiannon looked up at her to continue. “You could let me go, and risk your enemies getting a hold of your secrets.”
“You wouldn’t dare!”
“Oh, but I would,” Ezra grinned viciously. “After all, you can’t touch me - remember? You owe me, Rhiannon, and I intend to collect.”
Rhiannon was silent for a moment, closing her eyes to gather her thoughts as she sighed shakily. “Alright. You’re in.”
(451/1000)
katrei

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snipsnops » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:26 pm

closed! results will be posted soon <3

about me // toyhouse
snipsnops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snipsnops » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:44 pm

wow it's been so long!! so sorry for the wait!
the winner is julian.! i absolutely loved the story you created around them!
again, i apologize greatly for getting to this so late :,0

about me // toyhouse
snipsnops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes