Based on Click to view
Artist zoocyte [gallery]
Time spent 53 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Valley of Kings-- #310

Postby zoocyte » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:18 am

To adopt, you must either:
    1. Have a founder, be at least level 1, and have enough space to accommodate this lion
    2. Or, you can adopt this one as your founder!

impress me for this striped backmane bud, minimum 400 words, maximum 800 words + 4 art pieces.

DraconisSumeris wrote: Username: DraconisSumeris
Lion name: Astrapì (greek word for lightning)
Lion gender: Male
Pride: Defenders of the Dragon's pride
Pride status: Court Mage

end date: december 11, cs rollover (feel free to ask for extensions if needed)
extended: december 15, cs rollover

Last edited by zoocyte on Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
comms
hello, call me koga or zoo!
arcanthera adoptsmy arcanthera storageoff-oekaki gallery
zoocyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Valley of Kings-- #310

Postby Firedancer77 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:15 am

Username: Firedancer77
Lion name: Tepe (Swahili for "stripe")
Pride: Isle of Roses
Pride status: Soldier

impress me! wip wip wipppppp
Last edited by Firedancer77 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meekins12345 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:45 pm

I must quit ;u; Don't have much concerning the time. Good luck, y'all!
Last edited by Meekins12345 on Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
╔══.·:·.☽мєєкιηѕ☾.·:·.══╗
Child of the Living God
Doodler | Roleplayer
.·:·.
Wanna trade? Check out my
trading group!
Wanna chat or roleplay? PM me! ouo
Convocation
Valley of Kings
Three Pine Range
╚═══.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.═══╝
Meekins12345

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lavellan » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:05 pm

Username: Lavellan
    Lion gender: Lion/Male
    Pride: Flame Valley Pride
    Pride status: Healer

Gray eyes blinking dramatically, the little cub raised his gaze to the pair who gazed down upon him. One set of eyes, blue and watery, looked to him with what, even at his young age, he recognized as love. There was another set of eyes, gray and colourless, gazing to him, cold enough to make the cub want to shrink. He liked the blue eyes more. Cuddling in to the soft fur of the lion he would quickly learn to be his mother, he watched the one with the colourless eyes move out of the cave.
    “He’s going to announce your arrival, little one,” The lioness murmured between grooming, “The whole pride will soon celebrate you.”
    He didn’t quite understand the words, but he snuggled closer to their source, the warmth and words coating him until he fell asleep.

“Rewera.” Came the stern words, causing the young lion to snap his attention back to the large lion before him.
    “Sorry Father.” He could feel the King’s gray eyes glaring into him, but kept his downcast.
    “As I was saying...” The King continued, looking over the camp from the sun-baked rock upon which the pair sat, “You will be taking over the pride when my time is over. So, you will have to learn all that comes with Kingship. Leading the pride, making tough decisions, picking the correct mate who will be Queen...” With those words, the young prince couldn’t help but let his eyes raise, his gaze travelling across the clearing to where the healer was working with his apprentice. He couldn’t tell what they were doing, exactly, but the young apprentice, bright in both colour and personality, raised his gaze from the herbs before him, turquoise latching onto gray for more than a mere moment. The healer’s apprentice offered the prince a confident smile, which was returned, far more shyly.
    “Rewera! Are you listening?!” The scolding words snapped him out of the moment, raising a blush to the black skin.
    “Yes, father.”

“Are you done with your princely lessons, oh high and mighty one?!”
    Raising his gaze from the river, licking the droplets from his muzzle. Turquoise eyes shone brightly from the underbrush as the bright young lion appeared from the shadows, eyes twinkling with mischief.
    “Only if you’re done chewing herbs.” The black and white lion shot back, flicking a paw through the water to raise droplets towards the other lion. The reddish male, patterned with intricate stripes and swirls of yellows, stepped back, fur that wasn’t stuck with water rising onto its end.
    “How very unprincely of you,” he snarled, lowering himself into a playful bow. Before Rewera could flee, the lion leaped across the small river, pinning the black and white prince beneath him. The monochrome young lion squirmed, but could not get free.
    “Hmm, not much of a prince if you can’t even get free from a healer’s apprentice, bud.” He murmured into Rewera’s ear, causing the young prince to groan, flopping unenthusiastically against the damp riverbank.
    “Aroha...” He whined, raising his pale gaze to the skies, “I don’t want to be a prince.” Latching onto the eye contact of the other male, he sighed. “I just want to be a healer.”
    “You just want to spend more time with me.” The red lion sneered, making Rewera grin coyly.
    “Perhaps.”
    With a chuckle, the red male lowered his muzzle, tauntingly close to Rewera’s, causing a blush to rise to the dark skin.
    “I love making you blush.” Aroha murmured, licking the other male’s muzzle gently.
    “Rewera?!”
    Never had his father’s voice caused a panic so primal in the young male, the pair scrambling to separate from one another.
    “F-father! I-”
    The pride’s founder, large and intimidating descended upon the red male, claws and teeth bared and attacking.
    “Father! Stop!” Never had Rewera’s voice seemed so feeble, so useless.
    After agonizing seconds, the reddish male’s coat stained darker, the pair separated. Rage seeped from the King as he spoke the simple words, leaving the small healer’s apprentice fleeing for his life.
    “Leave. Now.”

“This cannot happen again, Rewera.” The King’s words were stern, sharp, cutting. “If the other prides heard that you were... Friendly with another male, we’d never find you a mate, we’d never-”
    “Stop!” Rewera snarled, standing suddenly. “I don’t want to find a mate. I don’t want to train in leadership! I don’t want to be King! I just want to be a Healer, I want to-”
    His words were ended swiftly by his father’s large paw colliding with his head, sending the young lion stumbling to the side.
    “Then leave.”
    He didn’t need to be told twice.
    He didn’t stop to say goodbye, didn’t cast one final glance around the territory that would have been his to reign.

He just ran.
799 words
Lavellan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DraconisSumeris » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:06 pm

Username: DraconisSumeris

To Change an Assassin wrote:

793/800

Silently, three lions crept through the cold, winter's night. Astrapi's white fur almost glowed in the moonlight, and he hung back, glancing at the two other shadow like lions that where with him.

Their mission was simple, 'Retrieve the cub, at any cost. His father was found dead inside an enemy pride's border. It is assumed this pride has taken him.' The words bounced around Astrapi's head. These missions weren't the norm from him, but he'd succeed.

They advanced on a large rock outcropping, and Astrapi spotted the form of a lion, resting up on the peak. He hissed to himself, then quickly changed tactics, and started stalking the lead lion. Not too much longer later, the lion on the outcrop let out a ferocious roar, that bounced around the rocks. Astrapi chosen then to pounce on the leader of his mission, rolling them both into the open. The dark lion glared at him.

"What are you?!-" the lion under him hissed, and Astrapi gave him a small smile.

"This is what i do best. Trust me." He hissed back, then gave a warning nip to the lion under him, as a large male lion charged past him to pin down the other lion. A golden furred lion approached Astrapi and his leader, his hackles raised.

"Who are you? What is you business here?" He growled, shaking out his dark mane. Soon he had a brown lioness and a black and white lion join him. Astrapi smiled gracefully at them both, and hauled the dark lion under him to his feet, and shoved him towards the Golden lion.

"I am Astrapi, a traveler. I was passing through when i heard these two inspiring to steal a cub, something about him being the son of a Deputy or something." He said smoothly, his calming voice soothing the lions in front of him, almoat taking in his leader as well.

The golden lion nodded. "We thank you, Astrapi. I am Swift, Agni is to my right and Zylief to my left." Swift said bow a little to Astrapi. The male lion from before approached the group as Zylief and Agni took the dark furred lion away, who gave Astrapi a threatening look.

"Astrapi, interesting name." The male said. "I am Tyrion, current King of the Defenders of Dragon's Breath."

Astrapi widened his eyes, and played at a gasp as he bowed generously. "My king." He said glancing up at Tyrion, and he could see pride in his eyes. He supressed a smile. "I am honored to have helped."

"I thank you, though i am sure we could have managed without your help. Two rouges aren't a match for Swift and his lions." The king boasted. Astrapi flicked his tail, and rose.

"Those aren't rouge lions, My king. They were sent on a mission here, and there might be more of them if you're not careful." He warned, his words again like honey to the ear, the King's boastful expression turned to concern.

"Then i humbly thank you, Traveler. How can i repay your kindness?"

"I am awefully weary from traveling so long, if i could just rest a while in your lovely camp, where i could sleep with both eyes closed...?" Astrapi suggested, faking a yawn and stretching his 'weary' body.

"Of course! The cubs love a wondering traveller. Be careful though, they might pester you for stories!" Tyrion laughed, then flicked his tail and began to lead the group of lions inside. Astrapi's tail flickered uneasily as he descended down into the depths of their caves.

Astrapi slept a little, and was woken up by a nudging. He blinked his eyes open, and glanced at the curiousity in front of him. The little orange cub stood in front of him, with a lizard of brilliant red clutched to him. Alarmed, Astrapi reached to knock it off of him, but the cub jumped away.

"Please don't, he's my friend." Katsui whispered. "Are you here to take me back?" Katsui asked, softly. Astrapi glanced curiously at the lizard, before nodding. "Please, i don't want to go back!"

Astrapi's eyes widened, seeing the desperite fear in the cubs eyes.

"It's fun here! They still train me, but they're nice! And they'd accept you too, even with your fizzies." Katsui grinned. "Then no one would avoid you anymore!"

Something shifted in Astrapi. Acceptance? He'd never had that. He was fearsome, He was dangeous. No one would want him. But this brave little cub, with his shining eyes and earnest smile. Something definitely changed in Astrapi. The cub wouldn't be going home, he was home.

It would be hard, there would be more lions. Electricity buzzed over his fur as he thought of it.

"Alright little one, we stay."

Lovely Artwork from LoSt In PrOgReS

Art by myself

Last edited by DraconisSumeris on Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:28 am, edited 8 times in total.
DraconisSumeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoocyte » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:46 pm

this has been extended until december 15.
comms
zoocyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoocyte » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:49 pm

DraconisSumeris wrote:[snip]
Username: DraconisSumeris

[snip]

i was really torn between both your forms because they both had a lot of ideas i really liked, but this lion will be going to DraconisSumeris! i will also be awarding an RU to Lavellan, they'll be up in a sec.
comms
zoocyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me