Senegal Hounds : 076

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:21 am

┌ ─ ─────────────────────────────────── ─ ┐
i. main page ii. breed information and history iii. rules
iv. whelping box v. archive vi. discord vii. FAQ
viii. custom/MYO ix. artist competition
x. colors and patterns xi. shop

└ ─ ─────────────────────────────────── ─ ┘

this cute kid is deaf due to lack of pigment over the ears. to win them tell me how they deal with being deaf
Ends: 1st december

username: s-smolbean
      storage thread: Plains of Freedom
      hound name: Avika \\ meaning " bright as a sun " — Indian origin \\ The Diamond in the Rough
      coloration: Smooth Red w/ extreme piebald
      sex: Female
      collar color: Sun-based design

lineage
      ------------------------------------------ SSS: Foundation
      ----------------- SS: Foundation
      ------------------------------------------ SSD: Foundation
      Sire: Foundation
      ------------------------------------------ SDS: Foundation
      ----------------- SD: Foundation
      ------------------------------------------- SDD: Foundation

------------------------------------------ DSS: Foundation
      ----------------- DS: Foundation
      ------------------------------------------ DSD: Foundation
      Dam: Foundation
      ------------------------------------------ DDS: Foundation
      ----------------- DD: Foundation
      ------------------------------------------ DDD: Foundation
Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Senegal Hounds : 076

Postby ElizaChikatta » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:29 am

username: ElizaChikatta
storage thread: Kennel
hound name: Leaping The Flames | "Kasai" ('Fire' in Japanese)
sex: Male
collar color: Burgundy with gold accents
how they deal with deafness:
Despite Kasai's disability, he have learned over time to understand sign language from his owner as well as use his paws to hear through vibrations. His eyes are much sharper, allowing him to see more faster. Though he spends most of his time on his owner's property, he has a specialized harness to stay close to his owner, and his owner is very considerate to keep his fingers on his shoulders to let him know where he is or have one of the girls come with them.
I'm a Snake!
Snakes are wise, graceful, calm, mystic, creative, responsible, shrewd
Sometimes they can be loner, bad communicator, possessive, distrustful.

~Horseback rider since the age of 5, and current polo player~
Have Discord? Want to Roleplay? Feel free to pm me!
My Characters
Equestrian’s Struggle
Pronouns: She/Her
ImageImageImage
ElizaChikatta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Senegal Hounds : 076 [ e n t r y ]

Postby enokimoon » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:10 am

hound name: Avika \\ meaning " bright as a sun " — Indian origin \\ The Diamond in the Rough
        When Avika was brought into the world, her own parents thought she'd never make it. It's not uncommon for newborn puppies to have their ear canals shut, but after a few weeks, when she'd been supposed to start responding to the sounds in her environment, she seemed to not be able to do so. She'd been treated with great care, as her " weakness " proved to be quite a hindrance as she slowly grew into her adolescent days. Avika wasn't picked on as much or given bad treatment by her litter mates or parents- in fact, they regarded her with pity and treated her as if she were much more fragile than she actually were. She knew they meant well, but she was rather disheartened when her brother and sisters would leave her out of their play-fights, or at most go easy on her when she would whine and beg to join their games.

When she turned 11 months old, Avika didn't want to be seen and treated as fragile as others perceived her. She sought to prove herself, and this is where she discovered her talent; keen sight and a body adapted to be more sensitive to movement and vibrations, she put these qualities to good use and eventually became one of the bravest and brightest hunters and herders in the flatlands. Her family was proud of her and her talents were recognized and utilized when she finally got to work alongside the rest of the pack in watching over their assigned flock. Though Avika herself was usually assigned to keep an eye on a particular group of zebras.

Although she wouldn't hear when her pack would give signals, she learned to keep an eye on multiple things at once- a flick of an ear here meant to bunch the herd in, compressing them; a slight curl of the lip from the pack member running beside her meant to guide the herd towards the right, while having their teeth fully bared meant to lead them towards the left. Avika is grateful that the pack makes an effort to treat her as their equal, though they occasionally worry that there are things she wouldn't be able to face, Avika is bright, intelligent, and courageous, and she will fulfil her duties as best as she can, as long as she can still run, walk, and stand to face the challenges life will throw at her. After all, she's gotten past her inability to hear, hasn't she ?
previously s-smolbean
less active // college o<--<
x
do you know i could break beneath the weight
smol/enoki \\ they/them \\ filo 🇵🇭 art hobbyist
PMs + DMs are openwangxian. [disc ^^]
of the goodness, love, i still carry for you

ImageImageImage
studying to be a veterinarian :4 !!
commissions : closed
semi-active : (( // GMT+8
enokimoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheMysticWolf » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:00 am

username: TheRebelWolf
storage thread: https://toyhou.se/TheRebelWolf/characte ... er:1055801
hound name: White Winter Hymnal "Hymn"
collar color: Same as eyes
how they deal with deafness: Hymn was raised by her handler since birth since she was weaker than the other pups, being the runt of the litter and later being found to be deaf. She's been raised to respond to sign language and uses vibrations to sense things she would have only been able to hear otherwise, such as others approaching from behind.
Since Hymn can't hear, she uses her other senses to work and has found a job perfect for her. Hymn works with her handler as a scent dog, catching poachers intent on smuggling animals out of the parks. She uses her nose and eyes to find anything out of the ordinary.
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _12_ people.
I have received _10_ gifts.

Image Image
TheMysticWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bsktcase » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:13 pm

username: bsktcase
storage thread: Aurora Borealis
hound name: Penha
(means beloved in Swahili)
sex: male
collar color:
The biggest way he has learned is by watching other's body language and using his own to communicate at what he wants. Though that isn't always too help so as he grew he struggled. All told he was brought to Aurora Borealis to become a hopeful service dog. With this, they taught him different commands for him to understand and use himself. A few examples would be simple head nods if they ask him a yes or no question. If he is embarrassed or mortified they taught him to cover his face with his paw. To signal he is hungry he goes into a 'begging type position'. There are so many more they have taught him and it has been helpful when he is doing his job as well. As all the people who he visits or visits him get a huge smile from watching him. Always signing to him how a smart dog he is.

good luck everyone <3 I won a pup today already!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
❝ And I lost you
The one I was dancin' with
In New York, no shoes
Looked up at the sky
and it was maroon
- Taylor Swift

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Toyhouse bsktcase ✦ Discord bsktcase#0423
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Moon Light Kennels
Lunar Blossom Kennels
The Nexus Colony
The Pumet Region
The Veiled Jade
Umberfall
Tribe of the Bogland
Logclan

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the name is bskt
my pronouns are she/her
i'm pansexual and demiromantic
full time sterile processing technician

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bsktcase

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Senegal Hounds : 076 [ e n t r y ]

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:36 am

s-smolbean wrote:
        When Avika was brought into the world, her own parents thought she'd never make it. It's not uncommon for newborn puppies to have their ear canals shut, but after a few weeks, when she'd been supposed to start responding to the sounds in her environment, she seemed to not be able to do so. She'd been treated with great care, as her " weakness " proved to be quite a hindrance as she slowly grew into her adolescent days. Avika wasn't picked on as much or given bad treatment by her litter mates or parents- in fact, they regarded her with pity and treated her as if she were much more fragile than she actually were. She knew they meant well, but she was rather disheartened when her brother and sisters would leave her out of their play-fights, or at most go easy on her when she would whine and beg to join their games.

When she turned 11 months old, Avika didn't want to be seen and treated as fragile as others perceived her. She sought to prove herself, and this is where she discovered her talent; keen sight and a body adapted to be more sensitive to movement and vibrations, she put these qualities to good use and eventually became one of the bravest and brightest hunters and herders in the flatlands. Her family was proud of her and her talents were recognized and utilized when she finally got to work alongside the rest of the pack in watching over their assigned flock. Though Avika herself was usually assigned to keep an eye on a particular group of zebras.

Although she wouldn't hear when her pack would give signals, she learned to keep an eye on multiple things at once- a flick of an ear here meant to bunch the herd in, compressing them; a slight curl of the lip from the pack member running beside her meant to guide the herd towards the right, while having their teeth fully bared meant to lead them towards the left. Avika is grateful that the pack makes an effort to treat her as their equal, though they occasionally worry that there are things she wouldn't be able to face, Avika is bright, intelligent, and courageous, and she will fulfil her duties as best as she can, as long as she can still run, walk, and stand to face the challenges life will throw at her. After all, she's gotten past her inability to hear, hasn't she ?

congrats!