Based on Click to view
Artist ~Soul~ [gallery]
Time spent 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Valley of Kings-- #140

Postby ~Soul~ » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:13 am

This Lioness belongs to dimi.!

Last edited by ~Soul~ on Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
๐•ƒ ๐•  ๐•ค ๐•ฅ ~ ๐•š ๐•Ÿ ~ โ„™ ๐•’ ๐•ฃ ๐•’ ๐•• ๐•š ๐•ค ๐•–
VOK ~ Healani Pride ~

๐”ธ๐•๐•จ๐•’๐•ช๐•ค ๐•จ๐•š๐•ฅ๐•™ ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐•Ž๐•’๐•ง๐•–
~Soul~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Valley of Kings-- #140

Postby dimi. » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:12 pm

โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
Username;
dimi.

Lion Name;
Aithne, a name that
means fire.

Lion Gender;
Female

Pride;
The Abheek

Pride Status;
Second in Command
Personality:
Aithne is a calculating, elegant, and stealthy individual. All of her actions are done with precise thinking and consideration, her actions often being much more slow paced than her superior, Alda. She rarely dives into anything without thinking unless it is an absolute emergency, and acts with the highest level of professionalism possible. Many consider this nature to be quite the hassle to work with, while others consider it a blessing. Because of her generally careful and intelligent nature, she makes for the perfect leader, if you put aside her frequent perfectionist tendencies.

Aithne, however, does lack "good" social skills. There isn't exactly a specific set of "bad" skills one could have, but she is certainly the embodiment of what they would perhaps be. She isn't sure how to approach others in a manner outside of professional conversation, and so, she tends not to speak unless it is on business terms. "Let's get down to business" isn't exactly her motto, but it is a phrase that absolutely summarizes how she acts. With her leadership tendencies, she's actually somewhat hard to work with, as she has a bad habit of trying to take control when it isn't her place of strength. Though she's a crafty business lioness, she's definitely not the best at socializing, causing Alda to have to be the face of personality for the pack while she is the one for business, especially if the pack needs to get something done as soon as possible.
Background:
"What's her tale?" You ask in a hushed whisper to Alda, the gray lioness standing before you. Her crimson eyes drift off into the distance. silently observing her ally as Aithne slinked out of the camp with a patrol of hunters, their path lit by the beaming white moonlight upon the land. She drew out a long breath, her gaze shifting back to you.

"Family is an important principle among lions, usually at least." Alda began, and with the tone of her voice, you could tell Aithne had been on the receiving end of something else. "Her family dynasty was a line of killers, some of the most infamous of the land. Have you heard the tale of the Butcher?" Your eyes light up at the name; you had heard the stories before, the vicious nature of the murderer, but he had been killed several moons before you had been born. After a moment of ponder, you curiously nod your head, your shoulders slouching forward as your attention zoned in on Alda.

"I appreciate your demeanor. Anyway, the Butcher was Aithne's grandfather on her mom's side. Because of his vicious tendencies, her mother learned how to kill, and after a while, she made a business out of it. She got paid for others misfortunes, and when they were too cowardly to address them, they turned to her. She was an assassin, though unlike her grandfather, didn't kill without a reason. She believed her actions to be justified. And like any good mother, she trained her daughter to do the same thing; that's when Aithne came into the picture." She glanced towards the entrance of the camp, almost as though she was seeking someone before shaking her head, taking a comfortable seat on her haunches. She flicked her tail, ushering you to do the same.

"Did Aithne.. kill anyone?" You asked in a whisper, a chill creeping down your spine as the words left your lips, which were absentmindedly twitching with curiosity.

"That's when her tale gets interesting. You see, Aithne was trained to kill. While you and I might have been training to hunt the small mammals for ourselves at a young age, Aithne was learning the weak points of all types of lions and tigers. She could name the weakest bone in the body of anyone, and exploit it in combat. In fact, because she trained like that so vigorously as a cub, she nearly killed me the first time we crossed paths." Your ears swivel back slightly at Alda's statement; she was known for her strength in combat, and for Alda to be commenting on someone being stronger than her was startling.

"That's insane. But that's not all of her tale, is it?"

"Heavens, not at all, dear." Alda replied with a soft laugh. "She was part of the same pride as her mother, and after her mother became leader, she decided to make assassin an official rank, rather than just her being the sole assassin for hire. Then, she trained Aithne under her wing, and when her mother tried to give her the rank of assassin, she refused to take it. She defied her mother's orders, and said that she didn't actually want to kill anyone." Alda explained, her tail lashing slightly.

"So, she refused her mother's orders? Wouldn't that have gotten her killed?"

"That's what everyone thought. However, her mother decided a more harsh punishment for her. She was forced into labor for 24 moons, working vigorously every day, hunting until she dropped. That's why Aithne acts so robotic and so work oriented; she was never allowed a free moment beyond that point." Alda's voice lowered, growing more sympathetic as she told the tale.

"She was like a slave, basically? How did she even get out of there?" You inquired.

"Well, she ran away." Alda said before drawing out a sigh. "Her mother didn't pursue her directly. Instead, she put out a reward for her capture; dead or alive. The other prides began to target her immediately. I tried to pursue her myself."

"Were you going to return her to her mother?"

"Gods, no! I wanted to give her a new home. I tracked her to a nearby series of caverns by the scent of dead prey; and when I found her, she immediately attacked me. Had I not said her name aloud, she would have killed me." Alda said with a hint of embarrassment; she didn't like being the weaker one.

"Her.. name? But why?" You squint as Alda tells the story.

"She got confused over me knowing her name, and instead tried to figure out how I knew about it. She took a step back, and I explained why I tried to pursue her. After that, she agreed to come back with me to the waterfall with the promise that I would protect her, and not let her be taken back." Alda explained. "We eventually grew to be close friends. Because she was so disciplined growing up, she was well beyond her age in experience, and I allowed her to become my second in command. Her mother is still tracking her to this day."

"Are you still protecting her then?"

"Of course I am. My promises aren't empty." Alda said with a small smile. "But that's the end of her tale, and we need to get back to our duties." Alda rose to her paws, leaping out from her den to look over her camp. "Perhaps when she is back, you may talk to her some more. I will be on the hunt should you need anything." You watched curiously as her tail flicked once more, her body moving loosely towards the exit of the camp.
Playlist
Theme: Halsey - Control - Because of her discipline and frequent nightmares involving her nightmare, she feels like she often isn't in control, her inner demons from her past taking over at some points, making her say things she doesn't genuinely mean. Though she maintains her composure well, she doesn't maintain it internally, only externally.
Hype: Fight Back - Neffex - After breaking free from her mother, she experienced internal conflicts about how she was going to progress in life without being held back. This song can illustrate her battle with herself and the discouraging things she says to herself, but instantly tries to combat with hope and often some harsh language aloud.
Sad: How Do You Love Someone - Ashley Tisdale - Her emotions from a young age were very much manipulated by her parental figures. Because of this, she was unable to learn how to exactly experience her own emotions without feeling manipulated, controlled, or pressured to do what she was trained to do; which was to ignore everything.
Last edited by dimi. on Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.
โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–
Stars Clan // Art Comp
i'm dimi.! i love cats
and writing.

Lights Off!
[LOLO in PM title, pls!]
Cat Art Comp

dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:46 pm

Username: Firedancer77
Lion Name: Tenga
Name Meaning: Swahili for โ€œseparateโ€
Lion Gender: Female
Pride: Isle of Roses
Pride Status: Huntress

Theme Song: Panic Room by Au/Ra. Despite Tenga beginning to move on from her life in the Coalition as she settles in to life in the Isle of Roses, there are times she cannot shake that experience. There are times where she wakes up from nightmares or sees something and is instantly brought back to the horrible feeling of captivity that she felt there. In those moments, she can't breath, she can't think, and she finds herself floundering. It terrifies her to think that there is still a chance that they might come for her and that they might find her. Things that remind her of Dune in particular are specific triggers. Nasaba and Jiwe are the two pride members who are the best at talking her down from these moments, recognizing when she is falling into this state and working to pull her out in their own separate ways: Nasaba will take her aside and talk with her till she is calm, while Jiwe will either sit with her or go for a run with her, whatever Tenga prefers to do at the time, and listen to her if she wishes to talk about it.

Story:
Fate was running. Running from her family. Running from her mate. Running from her life. Sheโ€™d never wanted any of it. She didnโ€™t ask to be born into the pride she had been, where her entire life was planned before sheโ€™d even mewed for the first time.

They called themselves the Coalition. A pride of lions where everything and anything was planned out. No one had any choice, especially not a young, quiet lioness trying desperately to please her parents. Fate had been trained for battle from birth. She, like the rest of her pride, was meant to be vicious. But Fate didnโ€™t want to be vicious. Fate wanted to support her clan mates without the fighting.

She was so sick and tired of the fighting!

Her father, the right paw of their prideโ€™s leader, had arranged a mate for her before sheโ€™d even opened her eyes: a cub born only a moon before her named Gecko. However, days after her graduation from apprentice to fighter, a succession of leadership occurred. The eldest of their leaderโ€™s sons, Dune, had murdered his father in cold blood to claim his blood right of leading the pride. He was quick to establish his reign, and like many of the leaders before him, he chose several lionesses as his mates to demonstrate his power.

Fate was one of them.

Dune was cruel. He worked the pride harder than ever, pressing them to prepare to attack a neighboring group. Despite her arguments with him, her father remained as Duneโ€™s right paw, pushing alongside him for the preparations. Fate ultimately tried to slip by undetected and avoid the prideโ€™s gaze. However, Dune was insistent on having his mates near him at all times and protected; they were always under a watchful gaze. Her life was more restricted than ever.

As the date on which Dune wished to attack came closer and closer, Fate finally grew restless. She couldnโ€™t take it anymore, and finally, she was given an opportunity to flee, and she took it. The lion meant to be keeping her safe had been distracted flirting with one of Duneโ€™s other mates, and Fate seized her opening and made her escape.

Which is how she found herself running through the woods and into the savannah, tears streaking through her fur as she sought for an escape. She couldnโ€™t live that life anymore. Sheโ€™d tried so hard to be what they wanted, but she hated it. She hated herself. She hated everything. Fate wasnโ€™t going to let them drag her back there, even if she had to die in the process.

Finally, she collapsed in the grass, unable to run any further. It was then that someone approached her. She stumbled to her feet and whirled around, exhausted but still refusing to give up without a fight. She would not be brought back to the bloody Coalition without a fight. She would not let them make her what they wanted. Screw the fate that her pride believed in. She would change her destiny.

Instead, she found herself staring into dark pink eyes as a large gray lion stared at her. The silence crept on for a few minutes as she looked him over. A loner? He looked well fed for that to be the case, and very confident in where he was. Still, perhaps this was uncontested land that teemed with life. However, something about the way he carried himself told Fate that this was not the case.

Finally, he said, โ€œWhy are you here?โ€ He did not request her name. He did not command her to leave. It wasnโ€™t even a demand for her to explain herself. When he looked at her, Fate felt that he could see right through her. As if his eyes had pierced straight through and seen how desperately she was scrambling to simply survive.

โ€œI-I donโ€™t want to go back,โ€ was all she managed to get out before sputtering incomprehensibly.

โ€œCome,โ€ he flicked his tail and turned towards the rocky hillside in the distance.

โ€œCome where?โ€ she asked warily, despite quickly following after him. โ€œI donโ€™t even know your name.โ€

โ€œJiwe.โ€

โ€œExcuse me?โ€

โ€œMy name. It is Jiwe.โ€ Then he said nothing else till they reached the hills.

As they approached, another lion came to greet them. He was black and white with the brightest blue eyes Fate had ever seen, far more inviting than the harsh blue-gray eyes that Dune possessed.

โ€œJiwe! Back so soo-โ€œ he stopped mid sentence, tilting his head to the side as his gaze sweeped over Fate. โ€œWho is this?โ€

Fate stepped up beside Jiwe, answering before the gray lion had the chance, โ€œI am Fate. I have run away from the pride I belonged to. Your...pridemate,โ€ she said, hesitant to make the assumption despite it being obvious, โ€œfound me collapsed from running.โ€

Jiwe nodded, affirming her statements, as the lion came closer. โ€œI see. Are you injured?โ€

โ€œNo?โ€ she shook her head, unsure what to make of the question.

โ€œThen we wonโ€™t need to call Mtazamo over. Fate, I am Nasaba, King of the Isle of Roses. It is evident that you are in need of a place to stay. Come rest in one of our dens.โ€ He gestured with his head towards some of the caves nearby.

โ€œAnd stay?โ€ Fate was caught off guard. The Coalition had never been so inviting to a stranger. โ€œYou donโ€™t even know me.โ€

โ€œI didnโ€™t know Jiwe or Mtazamo either, and yet I gave them a chance. Whether you choose to stay or not is up to you. If you choose to leave, we will ask you donโ€™t return to our territory.โ€ For a moment, Nasabaโ€™s eyes narrowed. โ€œHowever, despite our small size, we protect our own. If you seek protection and community, I extend that to you, Fate. There is no need to make a decision now; think on it. In the meantime, we will help protect you from whomever it is youโ€™re fleeing.โ€

The Coalition did not come for Fate. She wasnโ€™t sure if they ever would, and she certainly didnโ€™t believe Dune would let her go that easily; to see him let any member of the pride leave without a fight was unbelievable enough, but she was one of his mates. He would see it as a blow to his pride if she was not retrieved. After a few days within the Isle of Roses, however, Fate grew more at ease. To see a pride operate with such freedom and kindness was a shock for Fate. It was a change from the aggressive, tense dictatorship that the Coalition had proven to be. This place felt more like a home than her birthplace ever had.

That is why Fate ultimately felt no hesitation when she approached Nasaba after a week to say, โ€œI have made my decision. I wish to join your pride, if you will have me. I just have two requests.โ€

He sat and nodded, an amused look in his eyes. โ€œGo on.โ€

โ€œI do not want to be forced to fight another lion, not unless it is absolutely necessary.โ€

The amused look changed to one of sympathy. โ€œGranted. Can you hunt?โ€ She nodded. โ€œThen a huntress you shall be. What is your second request?โ€

โ€œI would like a new name.โ€ This was a request Fate had mulled over time and time again. Four of the days she spent before speaking to Nasaba were spent mainly considering whether or not to make this request. Ultimately, she ruled in favor of it. โ€œI do not want to be associated with the Coalition, not even in name. They believed that fate was set in stone, established from day one. But I donโ€™t believe in their fate, especially not for me. I want to change my fate, and to do that, to disassociate completely, I want a new name.โ€

โ€œA new name to separate yourself from them.โ€ Nasaba nodded, closing his eyes and contemplating it. They sat there for several minutes before finally, eyes still closed, he mewed, โ€œThen we will call you Tenga, in honor of that separation.โ€ He opened his eyes and cocked his head. โ€œIs that alright with you?โ€

Tenga smiled widely, rising to her feet and crouching down before him. โ€œI would be honored to have that name.โ€

Nasaba chuckled, lifting his head up. โ€œThereโ€™s no need to bow. Come, stand up and let us tell Jiwe the good news. I know heโ€™s been hoping you would remain around. You wonโ€™t have noticed, but heโ€™s grown quite protective of you. He was already attached when he had brought you to camp, but I have never seen him so vigilant in patrolling for intruders. I think he fancies himself to be your guardian. He has seemed quite determined to keep you safe.โ€
Last edited by Firedancer77 on Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cactologist » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:31 pm

Username โ•‘ Lion gender โ•‘ Pride โ•‘ Pride Status
xxxxxxxCactologistxxx Lioness xxxUkusizana xNursery Lionessxxxx

Extras:
Favorite Song
Motto
Moodboard
Personality:
It is said that Notha doesn't have a single bad bone in her body. Her heart is pure and she only wishes to do want is best, unlike many other members of her pride and beyond. She is patient and caring, watching over the cubs from dawn to dusk everyday. With a job like that, you can imagine that she would never want kids of her own, but instead loves every cub as her own. In addition, many fierce lions have tried to win her heart, but she is waiting for the perfect companion to her own kind personality.

The only error in her perfect persona is her low self-esteem. She is constantly self conscious of what others judge of her actions, and some days she would rather cower than face the world, afraid that she may disappoint someone. She was raised as the youngest of an old lion couple, and never could measure up to the others' high achievements. Instead, she developed her current theory that kindness with get you further than violence, which she lives by everyday.

โ’ธ Graphics Image
Cactologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ataraxic_gone » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:52 pm

โ–‘ ๏ผฌ๏ผก๏ผค๏ผน โ–‘
ส€แดœษดษดษชษดษข แด…แดแดกษด แด›แด แด›สœแด‡ ส€ษชแด˜แด›ษชแด…แด‡
name. freesia sex. female
pride. here rank. member

โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”
๏ผด๏ผก๏ผซ๏ผฅ๏ผฎ ๏ผก๏ผท๏ผก๏ผน
โ”โ”โ”๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆโ”โ”โ”
๏ผค๏ผก๏ผฒ๏ผซ๏ผณ๏ผฉ๏ผค๏ผฅ
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”
gentle, kind, dainty observant
lady-like, tempered, nostalgic

โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
๐ผ ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘›๐‘Ž ๐‘๐‘’ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ ๐‘™๐‘’๐‘“๐‘ก ๐˜ฉ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘› โœง
Gentle as a dove, as pretty as a flower, Freesia is dainty
on her feet and of a refined quality. Her name was gifted
to her after the the flower, freesia, for the innocence and
friendship she brought to the lives of others. For a lioness
that has never tasted life as royalty you could easily mist-
ake her for the daughter of a famed queen and king of the
valley. Never one to be messy or quick to anger she's the
perfect image of a princess.
She's observant of others and those around her, picking up
on traits and personality quirks faster than others might.
She's a puzzle solver, even if it's only in the privacy of her
own head. She likes finding new things or problems to fix.
She's is also very nostalgic, fixated on the past and always
living with one foot in her memories.
Freesia was born in a small section of the valley, miles
away from the fighting and wars that were well known
in her area. Her mother raised her with a strong sense of
morality, right and wrong and more so, good behaviour.
Don't eat your prey messily, always clean up after your-
self, groom yourself daily. It's no wonder Freesia became
as dainty as she is.

[๐˜ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ'๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅโ€‹]โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹๐Ÿ‡นโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ฑโ€‹๐Ÿ‡บโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฒโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ตโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ฒโ€‹๐Ÿ‡พโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡นโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ญโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€‹๐Ÿ‡นโ€‹ '๐Ÿ‡จโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€‹๐Ÿ‡บโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹
ใ€–๏ผน๏ผฏ๏ผต๏ผฒ๏ผฅ ๏ผง๏ผฏ๏ผฎ๏ผฎ๏ผก ๏ผณ๏ผฉ๏ผฎ๏ผง ๏ผด๏ผจ๏ผฅ ๏ผท๏ผฏ๏ผฒ๏ผค๏ผณ ๏ผท๏ผฒ๏ผฏ๏ผฎ๏ผงใ€—
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Soul~ » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:41 pm

This is now Closed! No more editing or further entries allowed!
VOK ~ Healani Pride ~

~Soul~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Soul~ » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:08 pm

After looking over all the forums and taking time to consider all the time and effort each and everyone one of you put into your forums I would like to thank you all for trying out. These are all great forums that are nice looking and fun to read. I am over all confidante in choosing dimi. as the winner of this contest do to their great character building and well thought out story. I would also like to award a runner up lioness to Firedancer77 for in the end it was a very close call between the two. Thank you all again for partisapating!
VOK ~ Healani Pride ~

~Soul~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me