Based on Click to view
Artist leafless willow [gallery]
Time spent 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Vaiki #44

Postby leafless willow » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:53 am

Vaiki Information wrote:About the species
Vaikis are small, bipedal animals that grow up to about 3-4 feet tall at adult size. They’re built for walking and running on their back legs, with fins that help keep their balance while they run. They have clawed hands and padded, unclawed back feet. Although they originated in the desert, they’ve adapted to many different environments. Vaikis are omnivorous and can eat various types of food. Despite their gills and fins, vaikis are generally not suited to life underwater. The gill-like feature on their necks allows them to breathe underwater for short periods of time, but they get less oxygen than usual that way and still need to surface for air.

"In the distance, you spot a cave, a glow seeming to be emitted by something inside the cave. As you advance towards the cave, you realize you've spooked the creature inside the cave! Create a little animal friend [non-vaiki] to help the poor creature!"

This is a competition for a special Vaiki! They will glow in some form, however their design will not be revealed until a winner is announced.
Code: Select all
[b]Username ||[/b]
[b]Friend Name ||[/b]
[b]Friend Pronouns/Gender ||[/b]
[b]About the Friend! ||[/b]
[b]How does the Friend help? ||[/b]

Extras, prettying up, ect. are allowed, and encouraged! There is no limit, however please use them reasonably.
I will be judging based off development of the Vaiki and the Friend. Developing the Vaiki along with the friend is worth a lot!

eDIT: You're free to name and give the Vaiki gender / pronouns as you wish! They aren't preset or anything, as the Vaiki will be your character if you win! c:
Ends in 2 weeks!

Winner: Goddess Sword
Last edited by leafless willow on Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
leafless willow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Vaiki #44

Postby justamindset » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:11 pm

Username || DragonOfEmber
Friend Name || Gaia
Friend Pronouns/Gender || She/her/hers
About the Friend! || Gaia is a little arctic fox who's fluffy fur is always kept clean and spotless. She is a bit of a stickler for cleanliness, but doesn't mind a little bit of mess!
How does the Friend help? || Gaia sniffed at the entrance of the the cave, a soft yip creating an echo in her attempt to

Aaah WIP

[♡] ember / / [♡] justamindset
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

kals // toyhouse // comms: open

𓆩*𓆪 and i know where to look 𓆩*𓆪

in permanent need of coffee

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kxynine » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:41 pm

Username || Pecho
Vaiki Name || Michael
Vaiki Pronouns/Gender || He/him
Friend Name || Sky
Friend Pronouns/Gender || She/her
About the Friend! || The friend is a female fox named Sky, whom is a happy, friendly, loyal and morning-grumpy fox who is a bit older than Michael
How does the Friend help? || The fox is often associated with the figure of the trickster, but as a spirit animal, it can also turn into a teacher providing guidance on swiftly finding your way around obstacles. If you follow the fox totem wisdom, you may be called to use or develop quick thinking and adaptability. Responsive, sometimes cunning, this power animal is a great guide when you are facing tricky situations.

Sky helps by teaching Michael the basics of life, since Michael didn't have a great start in it and lost his parents at a very young age.Together they travel around the wild, and survive with each other's help. They have become friend like no other, and treasure every minute together dearly.

source
Last edited by kxynine on Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
kxy || nov 23rd || artist
video editor || he/him
Characters | My artshop
kxynine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyStreets » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:21 am

Username ||
    Friend Name || Mao
    Friend Pronouns/Gender || she/her; unknown gender
    About the Friend! ||
    mao is a giraffe. a miniature giraffe. she's been wandering alone since she was separated from her herd as a child and never had a successful home or even a close friend. she's has a pretty confident outlook on life, but recently she's been feeling lost and alone. suddenly she stumbled across this strange cave and found a scroll of paper waiting outside.
    How does the Friend help? ||
    mao picked up the scroll and read it. how strange. it seemed to be from some other lonely creature. perhaps, just perhaps, she could make a friend? the little giraffe scanned down the paper for a signature, found one but it was too blurred to read. she settled down to read the page again, looking for clues about who it was exactly.
    Dear Whoever,

I've been hunched up in here for over a month now. I haven't seen tail nor whisker of any of my so-called friends and presume I've been abandoned. The rain leaks at the front of the cave but there are mushrooms in the back. Mushrooms that stink. My 'bed' is damp and mildewy every morning. Perhaps not much of a surprise it is made only of moss. I miss my bed, that warm and comfortable beanbag like bed. I miss my family, that comfortable safe feeling of belonging.

But I never did belong. I think I knew that, from the beginning.

Last edited by SunnyStreets on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xxxx
xxxxImage
━━━━━━━
« they/them »
« iavatar ©i »
« rain frog © »
━━━━━━━

ember/sunny
SunnyStreets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goddess Sword » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:20 am

Username ||
Goddess Sword

Friend Name ||
Micha

Friend Pronouns/Gender ||
Bigender (Any pronouns)

About the Friend! ||
A Giant Ghana Snail descended from an escaped group smuggled into the states to be sold as pets. They are kind and clever, and have adapted well to the non-native environment they call home, even avoiding detection by humans who consider their species ecological and agricultural pests.

A small, choking sob echoed from the cave, illuminated from within by a strange, soft glow. Under other circumstances, Micha might have avoided the situation entirely - Their kind wasn’t exactly welcomed in this area, and exposing themselves to others was a dangerous game to play.
But something about this moment felt different. Perhaps it was the footprints in the mud outside, clearly more animal than man, or the tears the creature within were obviously fighting back. But something drew them from the rain and into the cave where this being lay deep within, curled into a ball and shaking with every heaving breath they took between their tears.
As they approached, and their eyes adjusted to the glow their companion emitted, it became clear to Micha just what this being was. Though they’d not seen one in person until this moment, their family told tales of intelligent, bipedal, desert-dwelling creatures called Vaikis, covered in fur and yet bearing fins and gills like fish. And now, it seemed, Micha had learned something new about them - The creatures gave off light enough to cut through the dark of storms and illuminate entire caves. What a story they would have to tell their family later!
“Hello?” the snail called, voice barely audible over the Vaiki’s sobs. “Are you okay? Do you need help?”
The Vaiki ceased their crying and froze abruptly, as though their fight or flight response had kicked in merely by having been noticed. After a moment’s silence, they shakily responded. “I-I’m fine. Please leave me al-lone.”
Even had they not just been blatantly sobbing, their voice alone would have been indication enough that that was a lie - And a quite unimpressive one, at that. Micha inched closer, pushing on. “Pretty wet and windy out today. What brings you out to a cave like this in a storm like that?”
“Nothing,” the Vaiki replied.
It was hard for the snail to tell, but the Vaiki’s voice sounded fairly young - Adolescent, a teenager at most, perhaps. Micha remembered how their siblings had been at that age. Pushing them further clearly wouldn’t work. They supposed a different tactic was in order. “Okay.” They might have shrugged had they the limbs to do so, but instead they simply slimed and slithered their way up next to the Vaiki and waited.
Some time passed in relative quiet, the larger creature’s breathing slowly but surely struggling to a softer, much less haggard pace and depth as the wind howled and rain pattered away outside. Eventually the Vaiki mumbled something softly under their breath, inaudible behind the storm.
“What was that?” Micha asked.
They turned to look at the snail for the first time since they’d arrived. “...I said I messed up,” they answered in a defeated voice.
“How so?”
They looked away once more. “I- We-“ they started and stopped. “We were learning about... genetics and stuff in school. How things, like, pass on through families.” Though they’d relaxed slightly during their silence, the Vaiki now curled up tighter once more. “They said that things like... like fins and furs and eye colors pass on from parents to their kids. Sometimes they skip around, and move from grandparents to grandkids, but they all come from somewhere.”
Micha nodded. “Yes, that makes sense. My siblings and I have our mother’s eyes, she always said. All two thousand, six hundred and eighty three of us.”
“...That’s a lot of siblings,” the Vaiki contemplated. “But... my glow is weird. It doesn’t come from anywhere. Mom and Dad don’t have it. My brother and sister don’t have it. And neither did any of my grandparents. My teacher said it could be a mutation. Those happen, sometimes.”
“Mmm, yes, I’ve heard of that. Every trait starts somewhere, after all.”
The Vaiki nodded. “That’s what I thought, too. So when I got home, I asked mom and Dad about it. But then... Mom started acting weird. Like, shifty. Defensive. And Dad got upset. They started fighting, and didn’t stop all night.” They blinked back a fresh set of tears. “I... I think I did something wrong. I think they hate me.”
“...Oh...” Micha didn’t know what to say. “I’m... I’m sure they don’t hate you.”
They weren’t listening. “I don’t want to make them fight. So I told them I was going to school this morning and I left. And now I’m here.”
“Just like that?”
“Just like that,” they confirmed.
The snail struggled to put together the words. “...I’m sorry, I never caught your name. I’m Micha. What’s yours?” they stalled.
“Jamie.”
“I see. Well, it’s nice to meet you, Jamie,” they said, to which Jamie simply ‘Mmph’ed in return. Then, a few minutes later, they started in again. “Listen, Jamie,” they began, “I know you’re upset. I can’t blame you for that. But I’m sure your mom and dad don’t hate you. And I’d be willing to bet they’re worried sick over you, disappearing in a storm like this”
Jamie simply flicked their tail in response, landing with a harsh flump on the damp cave floor.
Micha continued. “When I was young, my brother got in a fight with our mother and disappeared, kind of like you did. But even though they’d been fighting, even though there were thousands of us, she was worried half to death about him. Humans think of snails like me as pests. Some Vaikis and other people do, too. She was so scared he’d gone out and gotten himself found and killed. She was afraid her last moments with her son were spent arguing over nothing important. And when he came back the next day, she was so relieved, she cried.” They took a breath. “I can’t claim to know what your home life is like. But I’m sure your parents are as worried for you as mine for him. So it’d mean a lot to me if, once this storm clears up, you’ll go back home so they know you’re okay.”
Jamie was quiet for a while. And then, at last, they replied, “I’ll think about it.”
Micha supposed that was all they could ask for. “Okay.”
———
They’d slept by the Vaiki’s side that night, and when they awoke the next morning, they were gone. They could only hope that Jamie had made it home safely.
But every now and then, Micha would visit that cave, and on nights before storms, they always found fruits and veggies left behind. And so did their children, and their children’s children, and so on for generations, right up to the snail with glowing markings running down their length.
Last edited by Goddess Sword on Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:04 am, edited 7 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Current time and date:
May 30, 2021 at 4:10 PM EDT.
Currently:
~Oops 🤪~
Goddess Sword

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ringo. » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:41 am

Username || Ringo.
Friend Name || Zello
Friend Pronouns/Gender || he/him,
About the Friend! ||

form is here.
Last edited by Ringo. on Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage

*° *
Icon by Jay
Hi, I'm Ringo!
Pronouns are She/They/He
I am autistic
Please feel free to message me for anything! c:

*° *
TH || Soll ♥
Ringo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ℋoney » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:13 pm

m

━━("hope” is the thing with feathers)━(That perches in the soul)

honey // she her // friendly // aries
hello! I'm back <3 or at least trying to be
hmu if your interested or looking to rp <3
thsaleartshop ● ℋoney#0554 ●

━━(And sings the tune without the words)━(And never stops - at all)
ℋoney

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Glitch.Drowned » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:38 pm

Dropping out; didn't have enough time to finish thy form.
    Good luck to everyone!
Last edited by Glitch.Drowned on Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ They'll never be able to separate Jekyll from Hyde. ❱

❰ Adult ● They/Them ● Nonbinary ● Canadian ❱
Just your average nerd who is secretly an alien/android from Neptune.
Glitch.Drowned

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leafless willow » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:36 am

small bump!
only about 4 days left, so finish or get your forms in!~