Based on Click to view
Artist saraphena [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

ferian #03

Postby saraphena » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:37 am

[ Main thread | Archive | Artist Search | Fanclub ]

What Is a Ferian? wrote:◖A Ferian [Fair-e-an] is a medium sized, lion-esc creature with luminescent lures embedded in their chest, and the tip of their tail. Ferians were first discovered in densely covered forests, lurking in the dark. They are believed to be descendants of big cats, and was given the name "Ferian" as a homage to the Felidae family group.

Due to their presence in the dark, Ferians have developed "lures", most closely compared to that of an Angler Fish. These lures are used to, as the name implies, lure their prey in. Once lured in, it's been found that Ferians are able to swiftly take them out with their irregularly sharp front teeth. Said prey are usually various species of mice; however, they've been found to snack on different species of insects and fruits.

Despite staying in the dark, Ferians have been found to be rather friendly. Researches seldom found a feral-acting Ferian, though those who showed signs of hostility were taken in for rehabilitation. Scientists have decided to further research this species, mostly searching for a way to have Ferians adjust to brighter environments, due to the increasing destruction of forests worldwide.
Many harmless mutations have come about their studies, including the Ferians ability to adjust to light. As a result of this, Ferians have been deemed as acceptable domestic pets. Many researchers have taken Ferians in themselves to further add to knowledge on the relatively-new species.

There is much to be discovered about this species. Their means of communication, as well as their level of intelligence is still being looked into. Scientists have said they hope to begin breeding Ferians in the near future.

edits
standard | hair
common | longer teeth , custom ears
uncommon | custom tongue, custom tail (short)

i reallyyyyy like this one(even though the design is a bit simple.. went for a lil bit of greyscale emo here.
to win this ferian, write about the happiest moment in their life [min of 75 words , max of 250 words].
you may pretty up, decorate, or add 1 extra to your form.

ends on march 28th or on the top of page 2.

Code: Select all
[center]username;
name;
gender;
what was the happiest moment of their life?;[/center]
saraphena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ferian #03

Postby venn1e » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:49 am

username; HoliFish
name; Phantoette
gender; Female
what was the happiest moment of their life?; Phantoette was sitting inside of a hollowed out tree, her eyes wide. She watched as her mother stalked along the road in the night, and she slowly crept out to walk alongside her. As there were no Rumblers (which are cars), the air was silent. Phantoette stared up at the stars as she walked, entranced by their glow for a long minute. Suddenly, the sound of thumping paws alerted Phantoette that her mother had found their dinner- and it was her turn to help. She raced after the noise of her mother, as it was too dark to see anything other than her Lures, and nearly screamed as she heard something squealing under her paws. She stared down at the large mouse in the light of her chest Lure, and bit its neck. She then held it up to her mother. Phantoette had made her first kill.
my name’z felony, any pronounz

i’ve beat lin manuel miranda in a card game

baby /p
venn1e

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rotzalot » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:12 pm

Mark :)
        ╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

xxxxxAny pronouns
        xxxxxNeed some help? Shoot me a PM!
        xxxxImage
        ╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯
Rotzalot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloverfield » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:43 am

username; jtk
name; Spiral
gender; male
what was the happiest moment of their life?;
Licking his chops and flashing his fangs, Spiral's fluffy, tri-coloured chest settles on the ground below— blades of grass tickling between locks of fur as he readies himself on his haunches. Thin ears laid back upon his neck and keeping low to the ground, his lures' iridescent sparks illuminating the dark, wooded forest. His forked tongue whisking out to lap at the air, tasting the scent of his friends nearby— other ferians, of course. When their voices near him, the ferian covers his lures with his thick black paws, keeping his light from alerting his oncoming friends... he was so ready to jump out and surprise them, after all, messing with his friends was what he liked best. Jumping out and pouncing onto his buddies with a yell and a laugh, he's surprised to find that after their little tumble, there was a squashed mess of what seemed to be a sweet treat— consisting of insects, delectable fruits, and presumably stuffed with all the mice he could eat. The group erupts into laughs, paws flying in the air as the moment of joy passes. Spiral's grin couldn't be wider as he licks up the mess of food from the forested floor, his friend's paws covered in the treat as they too lick up what was left of the surprise ... of course, Spiral with his terrible memory, forgot it was his anniversary of moving to the newer forest.
Clover Image he/him

adult
starbrained , JovialFrog Image
Cloverfield

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saraphena » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:58 am

4 days left!
saraphena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuroshi » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:21 pm

username; yuroshi
name; Lynx
gender; male

Oh mark I love this kid

PM's are always open, no matter what.
Have a wonderful day~

Avatar done by the amazing QueenNyra!!
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justamindset » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:33 pm

username; DragonOfEmber
name; Lunaris
gender; Male
The happiest moment of their life had to be the first time they saw the the stars when they moved from the city to an unpopulated area. The stars were so bright and beautiful

wip AHH

[♡] ember / / [♡] justamindset
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

kals // toyhouse // comms: open

𓆩*𓆪 and i know where to look 𓆩*𓆪

in permanent need of coffee

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saraphena » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:58 am

jtk wrote:username; jtk
name; Spiral
gender; male
Licking his chops and flashing his fangs, Spiral's fluffy, tri-coloured chest settles on the ground below— blades of grass tickling between locks of fur as he readies himself on his haunches. Thin ears laid back upon his neck and keeping low to the ground, his lures' iridescent sparks illuminating the dark, wooded forest. His forked tongue whisking out to lap at the air, tasting the scent of his friends nearby— other ferians, of course. When their voices near him, the ferian covers his lures with his thick black paws, keeping his light from alerting his oncoming friends... he was so ready to jump out and surprise them, after all, messing with his friends was what he liked best. Jumping out and pouncing onto his buddies with a yell and a laugh, he's surprised to find that after their little tumble, there was a squashed mess of what seemed to be a sweet treat— consisting of insects, delectable fruits, and presumably stuffed with all the mice he could eat. The group erupts into laughs, paws flying in the air as the moment of joy passes. Spiral's grin couldn't be wider as he licks up the mess of food from the forested floor, his friend's paws covered in the treat as they too lick up what was left of the surprise ... of course, Spiral with his terrible memory, forgot it was his anniversary of moving to the newer forest.

i really liked this one! congrats <3
saraphena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Left. » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:27 am

username; dragonmina