Drawing sessions 7
155 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Anniversary Kalon - Reed

Postby hiraeth + hound » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:45 am

Reed: October 28 - November 24
Symbolic Animals: Hound, Owl
Gemstone: Jasper

If left to grow to it's fullest, Reeds can reach up to 16.5 ft tall.

You lay in a field, the drying golden tips of reeds and grasses brushing your feet. Your eyes look at the sky above you, the blues darkening as night drawls closer, and hues of every color begin to slip into the folds of the clouds. A slight wind blows by, the grass bending under its touch, but you dont feel a chill. Instead, the wind is warm and welcoming.

When you look at the clouds, what do you see? Do you find different shapes in them, playing out scenes in your head with the different characters you form in your mind? Or do you look past the clouds, breathing in your surroundings and preparing to get lost in your own thoughts with this moment of peace.

Tell me about your thought process in your moments of peace! If you've never had this experience, I implore you to go out and sit somewhere, look up at the sky, and forget all of your life stresses.

you can pretty this up if you wish, but please dont add any optional/extra things.

(im really sorry about the timer, i left this open so many times)

[nr] sclera color
        [s] shine
        [c] longer fur, tail, hair
        [uc] shorter fur, ears, tongue, pupils
        [r] halo
Last edited by hiraeth + hound on Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
┌─────┐

└─────┘
┌──────────────────┐

no longer active
avatar - saturnus . sig art - wolberdan
commissions

| DA | I G |

└──────────────────┘

hiraeth + hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Anniversary Kalon - Reed

Postby ~Levi~ » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:51 am

hesitant mark, but this kal is so beautiful!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
“A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” ― Charles Darwin
“Learn to value yourself, which means: fight for your happiness.” ― Ayn Rand
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Name: Poppy or Fenrir
Likes: Crappy fantasy books, anime, drawing, animals, Marvel and Dc lol, most music, random K-pop songs, running, talking to people (pm me if you want), sleeping and martial arts.
Note: Please be polite and respectful ^-^
~Levi~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobble » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:51 am

cant believe im trying out for every single anniversary adopt smh. Ya'll rlly outdo yourselves.
    They/them | Adult | Guest teacher
    Starting my PA program in May!!
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deerbroken » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:52 am

username: lavender towns
      name: Kallam [Albanian translation for reed]
      thought process:
      It was many summers ago. It feels like it’s been a hundred years; in reality, it’s only been a few, maybe 4 at the most. I remember the pastel hues of the midday sky, the warm summer air and the freshly grown grass springing from the ground of the baseball field. Summers were always special, in their own way. It meant more time to get outside, more time for friends, more time for nature. The earth was at her peak and she opened her arms to welcome me.

I used to go to this field a lot. Always with my dog, and always during the middle of the day. We’d get to the gate and I would unleash the small beast from her lavender leash, and she’d run down the sandy strip until she hit the grass, before she began sniffing around for something interesting. Once or twice, she even managed to find a long-forgotten baseball, and we’d spend the afternoon playing catch until one of us got tired and retired to the grass. The vegetation was rough and dark green, full of life that had been renewed in the spring. It felt prickly at first, but once you got comfortable it wasn’t so bad. I’d lay on my back, my dog at my feet, and the two of us would watch the clouds go by against the azure sky above.

It didn’t feel real, sometimes. It was like another world. A secret place, that only I could go to, with my little companion at my side. The world would sit at just the right angle, and for a moment, sometimes, it seemed as if I could see the roundness of the earth as the shapes above twisted and changed in the summer breeze.

Nowadays, I mostly drive, and I don’t see my dog nearly as much due to my living circumstances. Whenever I get home I can tell by the look in her eye and the wagging of her tail that she misses me. That she misses those summer afternoons we used to share together. But she’s getting old, and she’s got a home to guard, and I my own. It’s unfortunate, but we still get to see each other time and time again.

But when I feel stressed, or exhausted, or just plain nostalgic, I think back to that baseball field. To those summers that went by, when life was much easier. The only thing I had to worry about was what book I was reading for the summer, and what time school would begin again. In a way, the old field is my happy place. It brings me clarity in times of need, even if I can’t go there in person.

I don’t get to do as much outdoors as I would like to anymore. I spend a good portion of my time indoors, and I have a new furry companion to keep watch when I’m asleep or away. Sometimes I think about returning to that old baseball field. To sit underneath the sky and watch the world go by. I don’t know why I don’t do that as often. Maybe it’s because I’m busy. Maybe I can’t let myself relax like I used to.

I don’t know.

I do know that I miss it, though. Tomorrow, or the next day, maybe I’ll go out with the old dog, and see if the clouds are as pretty as they used to be. I’ll let all of my worries float away like the forms in the sky above, lay on the grass and remember what it feels like to truly be at peace.
Last edited by deerbroken on Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pisto pesto pasta » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:54 am

omg i luv it
mark

my glorious trade thread
my glorious toyhouse
sig credit
owuz / shalf ♕
russian / english / french
he / she / they / xd
bigender aroace
falconian nationalist ♕

imagine living ♕
like a king someday
a single night
without a ghost in the walls
we are the shadows screaming
«take us now»
we'd rather die
than live to rust on the ground

pisto pesto pasta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixbane » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:54 am

∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎♔ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎
username: Sixbane
name: Oriole
∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎♔ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎
Thoughts
There is a world outside of Us,
outside of cities, outside of what we know to be true
Where it seems to be there is no place that's really lonely, no inch truly devoid of life
It seems there is no lack of purpose, for nature makes no misplaced steps nor gestures unconsidered
For all its cruelties, the world is held in ever spreading branches
Some broken, others strong and sturdy, fostering more branches and more fates twisting into stories to be told
But all branches reaching towards the sky, endless, searching
Upon a great tree so tall that it could never fall, for the world is built upon it
And always, it will grow on, despite the limbs that have fallen away aside it

Like a great god upon a golden throne, the world rests coiled in fate's grasp
So clearly resolved to uphold its wonders at the jest of toppling
So what, in the shape of it all, is one missed chance, or one accidental slip?
In the resolve, a droplet in a sea of tears, sustaining the roots of a tree that will continue
for the talons of fate will not fall, they will only grow another way
still heading towards that great beyond above, and a destiny
that even the gods could not foretell

Peace is in acceptance, and acceptance is in nature
the place where all are equal, to live or to die, and always entrapped in the cycle
and even if that idea, far-fetched, than an example it may at least be
to show how much we break ourselves, inquiring the whys
and not appreciating the hows, or whats, or whens

There is no why, there is no reason, none that we can fathom
but yet we still try anyways, to be that golden god
unseeing that we're not always the ones holding the reins
but that the one who does supports us with such earnest adoration
it might be insulting to not acknowledge it
and support it in return, as we may

Sometimes it's just to envy, the mouse, the bird, the fish
who don't know to wonder, who never ask
that is purely a creation of man, and in itself its corruption
and perhaps, it is our gift, and yet, our folly

To be at peace, is just to cease to question
Because life is better when you accept the answers in front of you
And take the moment to understand what you see, what you smell, what you feel
instead of wondering what you cannot.

A prince of thorns and trees does not question his place in the world, He questions only if it is just to rule persons he has never met. For what is the meaning of being a prince, if not a god, and what god of the world stops to relish the peace upon it? For he has not the time.
I think, and I wonder, and it seems like the trees have no more to say, further than pleading the one who watches to stop and listen to them for only a moment.

But is there a point to listening if the words mean nothing? What does it take to understand what is around you, what the world wants to say. What would make the words of his world fall upon the god's deaf ears, and truly sink through to make it so. Can the great tree bend its attention for but a moment to abide its waning roots?

The world is a majestic place, with silences, with twisting, tethering roots, invisible, unless you really look for them. The glimpses of stretching arms peeking through the soil, and appreciate them. To appreciate what they hold, to understand their importance in the great tree, and perhaps- speak through to the golden one who can't seem to see them anymore.

I wonder if he will ever see them anymore.

“Living is Easy with Eyes Closed.”
― John Lennon

[660/1000]
Last edited by Sixbane on Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Softea » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:56 am

RES I live for this kalon
tea
she/her

going on a hiatus, idk when I'll be back
Softea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prisms. » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:59 am

username: galaxymouse
name: Serene
thought process:
Sometimes, looking at the sky makes me forget about my jumbled mind of thoughts and feelings. They turn into imagination, daydreaming, and peace. The great clouds above shape into creatures, all different, at least, that is what I see. The clouds may be doing an action, running or flying, how I see those "creatures." Every time I decide to gaze upon the clouds the creatures are different. I don't really see anything else or notice them anyway.
What else calms me down... Watching animals.
Usually when I ride the bus or standing outside, I see common birds and or wildlife, but they are still calming to me. I observe what the animal is doing and watch them, and my mind goes quiet for a bit. There may be a few thoughts, but they are probably relevant to the thing I am watching. Sometimes I look at nature.

Other than being blank with thoughts, maybe I get lost in them, when it usually happens when I am sitting in a room, not watching anything or just staring off into space because I am bored. Sometimes I imagine a creature hopping along the furniture or shelves on the walls, peering down to look at everything below sometimes. Maybe I just think about random things, or if anything just happened..
I don't know what is up with all these creatures, but it probably has to do with my imagination and creativity. Some creatures were made with stories, each part coming up every time I think about it or gaze off. It is relaxing to do these things, and I enjoy it sometimes.

269/1000 so far
might add more later
Pretty much what happens when I decide to gaze off and observe clouds and stuff

Big wip/Res
Last edited by prisms. on Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quitting cs, wont be v active here,
Carrd has places to find me I guess

toyhouse
prisms.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me