Caecus Hound #018 by LostHope

Based on Click to view
Artist LostHope [gallery]
Time spent 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Caecus Hound #018

Postby LostHope » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:44 am

The Caecus hounds... No one knows where these creatures came from, yet they seem to be sprouting up everywhere. The first thing you may notice about them, aside from the maw filled with teeth, is that these hounds have no eyes. It's not that they are blind, but they have no actual eyes. Despite this, they seem to get around unusually well. Their hearing seems to compensate for their lack of vision, able to pick up on the faintest of sounds. Their sense of smell is also incredible, but seems to be used mainly for scavenging for food. They are able to track heat signatures as well, though no one has seen them hunting. The Caecus hound may look frightening and vicious, but they seem harmless. Their skin is tough and hard to damage, but is rather soft to the touch. Occasionally, they may have a thin layer of fur covering their bodies. They are muscular and bulky, not built for speed it seems.

Owner: Nanorat
Name: Balto
Horn type: Ram (rare)
Tail type: Whip (Common)
Last edited by LostHope on Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
LostHope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Caecus Hound #018

Postby Puppybreath » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:32 pm

Username: puppybreath
Name: Betelgeuse
How did you find it?: as a young man was walking home from work, he looks over where he thought he heard a whimper. He only finds an old soggy box, but he hears the whimper again. Curious now, he peeks inside. There he finds the strangest looking puppy. It had no eyes and no fur. He assumed it was signs of neglect at such a young age, and he took it home and planned to take it to the vet if it showed any signs of being sick. When he got home, he noticed the dog creature was bleeding? Maybe? It looked like blood coming from it’s paw, but it was green! Getting increasingly worried, the man picked up the phone to call a vet, but as he did, the puppy started growling. He stared at it and as he held the phone to his face the pup got increasingly more angry. He slammed the phone on the counter, and as he did, the growling stopped. Frustrated and tired, he sits on his couch and tries to think. The dog jumps up on the couch and curls up next to him. Soon it starts snoring gently. He thought maybe it was trying to warn him with the phone call, but who knows?

Edit: forgot to mention his horns didn’t grow until he got older so it looked more like a weird looking dog when it was a baby
Last edited by Puppybreath on Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Puppybreath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nanorat » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:35 pm

Username: Nanorat
How did you find it?:
When lost in a blizzard. It was a cold and snowy night, no time to get lost at all - there was basically no hope to find a way back in such a cruel weather. It was then that this caecus hound suddenly appeared. He grew out of snow-flurry darkness like a ghost, carefully sniffing at the human before him. He then turned and started walking away, but stopped a few steps apart and turned back - invited to follow him. Apparently he had no trouble navigating in the blizzard at all! Warm heat signatures among winter cold glowed like beacons for him, and he could smell the way back even from under a thick layer of snow. He led his companion to the nearest settlement and stayed nearby for a bit, probably worried if the human he saved is alright, allowing for a chance to befriend him. Name "Balto" stuck to him instantly after how he saved his master in a snow storm.
♥ hopelessly addicted to adoptables ♥
♥ My Adopted Babies (General Topic) ♥
On Lioden Im (#29080) Mad Hyena
Nanorat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LostHope » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:40 pm

I don't know how I missed this one. Thanks for pointing it out, puppybreath. I'll judge it when I get home tonight.
ImageImageImage
LostHope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EisHawk » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:18 pm

:3 Am I too late to quickly squeeze in?

Username: EisHawk
Name: Menace
Tail type: Whip (common)
How did you find it?: (*You* is being played by my persona Dakota.)

The young male hadn’t meant to stayed out all night around down town. Unfortunately, friends had kept him out in the crisp night air, singing karaoke and other obnoxious acts. He glanced up at the delicate night sky, the cold air biting his nose. Suddenly, a creature black as the night leapt out at him, it sunk its teeth into his upper leg and he screamed out in unexpected pain. Quickly, he drew his pocket knife, slicing the creature across its flank. He redrew himself as he heard the creature whimper and begin to back off. Carefully, he inspect the creature, it was just a scarred Caecus Hound, he had heard of them before. Perhaps he could help it, it must have just mistaken him for prey. Slowly he picked up the heavy creature it leaned into his weight, and he carried the creature to his home. That night, he met his loyal companion who has never left his side ever since. They may have fought at first, but now they are true friends.
EisHawk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LostHope » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:16 pm

Nanorat wrote:Username: Nanorat
How did you find it?:
When lost in a blizzard. It was a cold and snowy night, no time to get lost at all - there was basically no hope to find a way back in such a cruel weather. It was then that this caecus hound suddenly appeared. He grew out of snow-flurry darkness like a ghost, carefully sniffing at the human before him. He then turned and started walking away, but stopped a few steps apart and turned back - invited to follow him. Apparently he had no trouble navigating in the blizzard at all! Warm heat signatures among winter cold glowed like beacons for him, and he could smell the way back even from under a thick layer of snow. He led his companion to the nearest settlement and stayed nearby for a bit, probably worried if the human he saved is alright, allowing for a chance to befriend him. Name "Balto" stuck to him instantly after how he saved his master in a snow storm.

I've chosen my winner, but as an apology for taking so long, I will make a runner up for the other two following the same theme.
ImageImageImage
LostHope

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me