( #0019 ) Sooty Ivory Champagne by HowlingHooves

Based on Click to view
Artist HowlingHooves [gallery]
Time spent 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

( #0019 ) Sooty Ivory Champagne

Postby HowlingHooves » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:03 am

I know I promised you guys a super Roan. So, sorry for this.
    I've just been having a real hard time with life, with a few breakdowns already and likely more to come.
    and we're only two weeks into the new year, whaaaat

This is my girl, Suledin; her name comes from Dragon Ages' elvish language and means to endure. More specifically the concept of finding the strength to endure loss or pain. Suledin is blind, and she has the scar on her shoulder. Some of it is mostly healed, other portions are darker and more raw; it's representational here currently, but how/why will come later as I fiddle with her a bit more in my head. Regardless of the scar, Suldein wanders, aimlessly. Her heart is blind, just as her eyes, and she cannot find answers to questions she can't voice. She feels an immense and overpowering weight of guilt, of sorrow and regret as though the world channels directly through her at times, leaving her quiet and without the urge to speak much at all. She isn't completely anti-social, but she is more or less on her own more often than not.

ONTO MORE PRESSING INFORMATION:
    Comp finished. <3

These guidelines need to be followed!
    + Rarity cannot exceed her own! This means Uncommon and below coats only!
    + Please include at least one theme song for your character, as well as a second song for the both of them together.
    xxx- Calmer, more soothing beats are preferred above all else! Those with feeling and meaning, too.
    xxx- Her theme is Burden, Subtact & Jay Rodger.
    + Please include at least one well thought-out/put together extra! Writing must be at least 250 words, art cannot be a sketch.
    xxx- You may order art from another user, even if offsite; they must be credited fully and a link to their direct page is required.
    xxx- Please be aware that winning draft/s may vary if full art of them is ordered, due to differing art styles from myself and other artists!
    + Do not make them image/gif heavy, so I can load the page. (dividers are cool, yo. but not three 500x500 images!)
    + You may not have any sort of heterochromatic eyes! They will both be the same, solid color.
    + You may not add war paint, scars, line edits or items to the draft won.
    + You may not choose dominance for any of your genes, if you provide a genotype; dominance will be rolled fully upon creation.

Lastly, an end date; tentatively set for Friday February 15th as a close date; judging will occur over the weekend following.
    If an extension is needed, I will grant it for up to two weeks! You MUST request the extension before February 13th. Cases will vary as to how long it will be fully extended, however; if you have multiple extras but are waiting for a one piece to be finished, I may only grant a few days extra time, so as not to delay too long after the set date.
    I will update if extensions are requested!

Username: HowlingHooves
    Show Name: Heartfelt Apology
    Barn Name: Suledin
    Height: 16.3 hands

Sire: Foundation
    Dam: Foundation

Phenotype: Sooty Ivory Champagne Minimal Sabino (Badger Face)
    Genotype: ee Aa Crcr Chch
    Eye Color: Well of Sorrows (Blind)
    Breeding Notes:
    • Carries Agouti.
    • Badger Face can only pass to three offspring if Sabino passes.
    • Blindness cannot pass to offspring.
Last edited by HowlingHooves on Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✿ Salroka • Boundless Dream ✿

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:46 pm

╔═══════✿═══════╗
Salroka • Boundless Dream
╚═══════✿═══════╝

┍━━━━━━━✿━━━━━━━┑
Salroka • Boundless Dream
Mare
A Setting Sun «FF9966»
Sooty Sable Champagne Roan Blanket Appaloosa
┕━━━━━━━✿━━━━━━━┙
𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝
𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚢,
𝚢𝚎𝚝 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜
𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚜.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰
For herself :: Fly Away

For them both :: Runaway
⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰
◤ P E R S O N A L I T Y ◥
    loving
    curious
    loyal
    maternal
    emotional
    creative
    blunt
    paranoid
◣ - - - - - -|-|- - - - - - ◢
It was near sunset and she was starting to feel restless. Where could she be? Salroka was pacing, the grass already starting to wear thin below her hooves. She would occasionally glance toward the horizon hoping to see the silhouette of Suledin. What if she’s lost? Or trapped! No, no. Don’t be absurd, Sal. She’s smarter than that. She’s the smartest girl you know. Another glance toward the quickly setting sun with no sign of her friend. The mare sighed impatiently. It was always like this. Salroka would anxiously await her arrival. This was always her favorite moment. Spending this time with Suledin was a treasure that she cherished dearly.
They were new friends but Sal felt close to Suledin. She wasn’t sure what it was that drew her in. Perhaps the fact Suledin was blind. Salroka felt compelled to help in any way she could. Not out of pity but decency. Why wouldn’t she help out a friend when she’s fully capable to? If it wasn’t this, maybe it was her reserved nature. Sal couldn’t put her hoof on it but she felt the urge to bring light to her friends life. Whether that be a smile, a laugh, or even just a friend she can count on. If this were the case, Salrok was determined to do just that.
It was at that time a shadow was cast across the field and caught the mares eye. Finally! With a smile and a whinny, she trotted over.
”I see you’ve taken your time. I thought you were never going to show up. Now that you’re here, we can get going! I have a special surprise for you today. Come on. The sun is about to set.” The journey wasn’t too far and they still had time so Salroka contained her energy and enthusiasm as she walked slightly ahead and beside Suledin to lead her to their destination. She had been planning it for a couple days now asking her friend to indulge her in this experiment.
The hill was in sight and the suns rays were receding behind it as the night was slowly blanketing the sky. Salroka started to get a spring in her step that wasn’t there before.
”Were almost there.” With a few more paces they were at the top of the hill. Sal stopped to indicate their arrival. The sun was gone and the last of the light was fading. Their timing couldn’t have been more perfect. The night sky had just set in and the stars were coming out to shine. This is why they were here. Salroka gazed with wonder up at the millions of stars blinking across the deep blue of night. A sadness washed over her as she realized her friend couldn’t see the awesome display of brilliance above them. She took a moment to collect herself. Thats why I’m doing this. For her. She looked up st the stars spotting a few constellations. The crickets were playing their tune and an owl could be heard in the distance.
”I want you to look up. I know you can’t see them with your eyes but you can still see them in your mind and I’m going to help you do that. This night is perfect. I wish you could see what I see...but since you can’t, I’m going to tell you what I see and what I’m feeling so you can see and feel it too- in your own way. The light of the star’s doesn’t compare to the sun. They don’t give off warmth and they’re so much smaller and farther away. But that’s what makes them so great. All these lights are shining and making pictures in the sky. When I look at the lights, I feel inspired. Each star representing a new world, a new opportunity. A chance. A wish. The stars can be whatever I want them to be. When the sun comes up, the birds praise its light. At night, the things we hear now- the crickets, the owls, even the faint howl of the wolf- are praising the light of the stars. The night may be dark but we couldn’t see the stars if it wasn’t.”

**I just want to state I am NOT an artist. ^^’ But wanted to attempt a drawing for this comp**

:: Extras ::
Salroka is also from the Dragon Age universe. It is dwarvish for “friend”.

Salroka would be classified as an extroverted introvert. She’s often quiet and to herself unless she’s excited about something- like in the story above.

Salroka loves animals. Her favorite is rabbits. Her least favorite is bears.

She also enjoys snacking. Her favorite is fresh apples.

((I think I have everything needed.))
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ( #0019 ) Sooty Ivory Champagne - Slot Comp!

Postby HowlingHooves » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:38 pm

Oops, I’m late. As always.
    But I’d like to give a big thank you, Tiger!
    I adore the relationship you’ve created between Salroka and Suledin, very much so. <3
    I’m more than happy to make Salroka for you,and I’m happy to offer not just two, but three slots from Suledin if you’d like them all. Feel free to use them with whoever you’d like, no need to use them for a supposed mate. <3

I’ll send you a PM with Salroka when I finish and have her post for you.
Thiedall © HowlingHooves

Current Work:
Trotter stuff

«——————————»
Range Trotters
Acanthelle
Svedala Walking Equines
«——————————»
Adelaron Trotters
Adelaron SWEs
«——————————»

HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ( #0019 ) Sooty Ivory Champagne - Slot Comp!

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:33 am

Aww, thank you so much! I had a lot of fun putting her together.
Pekee Pamoja . VOK
Fallitur . VOK

Toyhou.se
Bear/vs/Bull is my husband.
fairytail*~, itsRBandPJ, munch1111,
and
Noebelle22 are my sisters.
We sometimes share a computer.
Please do not ban us!
I am looking for art of my VOK characters. Please send me a message if interested in doing some art, we can discuss payment.
Currently looking to swap some pets for true dates (pets adopted on the first of the month). Check out my trades for more info. Open to normal trades as well but would prefer date swaps at the moment. Also up for roleplay. I'm open to ideas, just send me a message with your thoughts and I'll let you know if I'm interested. If not, we can work something else out.
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me