→ Halloween Pup #019 → -- Winner! by Schnuffel Bunny

Based on Click to view
Artist Schnuffel Bunny [gallery]
Time spent 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

→ Halloween Pup #019 → -- Winner!

Postby Schnuffel Bunny » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:15 am

Legends are true in the Pom-Pup universe about the Candy Corn beast. I'll love for you to write a story about this pup's
    legend, you'll have the option for one piece of art or extra words
    . C:
    [Max Words. 1000]

Code: Select all
    username;
    name;
    gender;
    prompt;

ends nov. 2nd!
Last edited by Schnuffel Bunny on Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Species Artist for:
ImageImage

My most favorite things:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Discord: Schnuffel Bunny#0531
Pokemon Unite User: Schnuffel

If you feel like chatting, don't feel shy to PM me!
      kalons - chicoons - zeus
      ▶ Adult - She/Her - August 1 🎉

Schnuffel Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: → Halloween Pup #019 →

Postby Midnightkitkat » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:47 pm

username; Midnightkitkat
    name; Vishnu
    gender; Male
    prompt;
    The Candy Corn beast you say! Why he's a known by all in this quaint little town, but at the same time a mystery to everyone who claims to have witnessed his antics. He's not inherently evil, just a bit too into the Trick part of "Trick or Treat". Every year the old rickety mansion that sets on the furthest edge of town comes to life. It's original owner and time built lost to all. The beast is said to live there, and adults and kids alike tend leave offerings of food and trinkets that vanish without a trace so somethings taking them.
    Entering the lively mansion on this day is something few have done and even fewer speak of. A odd grin here and a wink there when asked what happens inside. Tonight you were determined to find out just who this beast was, and enter the mansion at last.

-

The cold floor below creaked louder than the old wooden door had as its sound echoed across the seemingly empty foyer. The lights from outside seeming to be not but illusions as the darkness ahead seemed to stretch on indefinitely. You gulped and bottled up your fear as you trekked foward, a skaky paw clutching a flashlight with a white knuckled strength. For one it was nice that nothing bothered to attack you the moment you entered but the silence was just as bad. "Hello?"
    *CRASH*
    whipping around to find the source of the noise your flashlight caught a glimpse of something bolting away into a side room. Only the white and orange tails reflected the light in the glimpse. Heart beating loud enough you thought it would jump right out of your chest your feet hesitantly pushed forward.

The room appeared to be a dining room and was missing the mysterious figure that had retreated within. A few candles seemingly floating above the set table definitely however caught your attention. An internal freakout latter and upon closer inspection in revealed them to actually be suspended by a few wires. If the shadow you seen earlier put these up you were a bit confused. Hadn't your neighbor mentioned a monster lived in here? What kinda of moster sets up cheesy Halloween decorations let al- "HELLO!!"

They appeared from the double doors in the back with no warning and by reflexes alone you screamed. "Okay... I just said hello but AHHHHH to you too! Welcome to my home! I don't often get visitors~" grabbing you by the hand you suddenly found yourself seated at the table with a napkin on the lap. "I'm not much of a cook but I do have some snacks to share! Would you like some eyeballs or perhaps some earthworms??" Blinking in disbelief the strangers smile never slipped after such a horrifying question. When he held the bowl in his hands closer to you another scream almost broke free before rationally and your eyesight noticed the dishware contained nothing but spaghetti noodles and grapes. "Your face was priceless! Really though would you like something to eat?"

After a strange combination of spaghetti and fruits later the stranger dragged you around the mansion showing off his collection of items and the 'old junk' the previous owners had left. Hallway after hallway everything started to blend together until a certain painting caught your eye. It seemed to be an old family portrait from some very old times if their outfits said anything. Running off after your tour guides sudden call you could have swore the child in that frame resembled the stranger strikingly so, but that was crazy. There's no way that kids still alive. Maybe the man's a decedent perhaps?

Hours of spooky fun went by, but eventually you needed to return home to prepare for the morning. The visit was just supposed to be a quick stop to see if the rumors were true. As the furry beast stood before you at least you had received that answer. "Awww.. okay. At least let me take you to the door!" Thanking the weird but kind gentleman you turned to leave, inviting him to the town festivities. "*sigh* I'd love to but alas I'm a bit attached to this ol place.. Come by and visit again sometime!" Begining to agree you paused as your blood turned to ice, the man seemed to have vanish unnaturally with a blink. As if he had been nothing but a ghost of the past.

[743]
Last edited by Midnightkitkat on Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

►𝔏𝔢𝔤𝔢𝔫𝔡 𝔥𝔞𝔰 𝔦𝔱...◄

Postby PolarizedVertigo » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:29 am

username; PolarizedVertigo
name; Moxine 'Mox' Santiago
gender; Female (She/her/they/them)
prompt;
Some say that the legend of the Candy Corn Beast is but a fear-monger story. Something along the lines of Krampus, frightening tales to keep children in line. A 6 legged beast, with 2 whip like tails, 4 ears to hear any sound you make, large pointy teeth, and huge sharp horns, sounds ficticious, crazy even! It's told that on the days leading up to, and after, Halloween, the beast stakes it's claim, patrolling the dark streets, sticking to the even darker shadows. Occasionally, but very rarely, going up to houses with bowls of unattended candy on their steps, and taking everything. It scoops it up, into unknown depths of it's being and scurries off back to the woods with it's new-found loot.

It's never seen otherwise. No one quite knows it's name, or what entirely it is! Some claim it to be a hungry werewolf, some claim it to be a wendigo-ish creature, or even a witch's experiment that got free. It comes and goes and never has been on close encounters with the other people that live in the vicinity. But there's a strange pup that is often seen around town that... strangly fits the description of the beast, but is way too charismatic and friendly to be the truth behind such a well known scary legend!

(mega wip maybe oof)
PolarizedVertigo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scarecrowz » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:32 am

username;
name;
gender;
prompt;
heckin wip i gotta get an idea first-

he/him
agender lesbian
you can call me sunny or june!
cringe on main
scarecrowz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:31 pm

username; Golden-Boy
name; Samhain
gender; Male
prompt; [1000/1000]

Unfortunately, the name of the legend is anything but accurate. The locals mostly named the cryptid the "Candy Corn Beast" Due the the color of his horns and tails, but he has little to do with candy, or halloween for that matter! In fact, most cryptozoologists have found that the beast is more connected to the protection of children more than anything relating to candy. Disappearances of candy during Halloween seem to be related to protecting the youth, and to greed or hunger. Certain locals have said that they saw a large individual putting their entire bowl of candy for the youth in the trashcan. Upon later inspection, it was discovered that most candy related to these incidents were either spoiled in some way, or had rewrapped packaging that caused much concern from researchers. Though the Candy Corn Beast has been seen the most on October 31st, other dates across the year have given cryptozoologists sightings of the Beast, proving that the beast doesn't always show up on Halloween.

December 25th, 2017.

The Candy Corn Beast was said to be spotted in the forest, holding a present in it's front two arms. The present was wrapped with colors that matched his horns. It had a tag, but it could not be read by the witness. After this, a search dictated that the gift was given to a very young pup in an orphanage. The pup claimed that "Santa" had come to her, and apologized for being late with her present. Talks with the orphanage managers lead to them admitting they didn't have enough money to get presents for everyone, and yet presents were still given to every child. Those who were not originally given presents said that the wrapping was colored like candy corn. The gifts inside the boxes were not malicious in any way. A toy car with blinking lights, a doll that typically costed over twenty dollars in stores, small game consoles with prepackaged games. Those who did not receive the Candy Corn gifts did not seem to be jealous in any way. Local child psychologists labeled this as "odd behavior for children their age." Research on this event was stopped on January 1st.

January 6th, 2018.

The Candy Corn Beast was spotted outside in the early hours of the day, tossing grass out of a box in the middle of the woods, and replacing the grass with assorted small trinkets before running off. The identifying feature of the box that made it able to be tracked was a candycorn sticker attached to the box by the beast. Investigation discovered that the box ended up under the bed of a pup in a small home. The pup's parents explained that their family celebrated Día de Los Reyes, but they were unable to give their child trinkets for the celebration due to financial problems. The gifts, again, were seen as safe, and most trinkets were over 5 Dollars in price. No other boxes like this were found that day. Research on this event stopped suddenly on Febuary 14th when another, larger investigation was launched.

Febuary 14th, 2018.

A massive investigation was launched after a large series of sightings of the Candy Corn Beast. Locations of the sightings made the timeline of events even harder to pinpoint. The speed of calls and distance between sightings made estimates that The Candy Corn Beast could move at a pace of over 310 miles per hour. Most of the sightings on the day were similar, that the beast was speaking to what seemed like a young child before running off again to another location. Children who he spoke to claimed that what he said was "The Nicest thing I've heard all day." These children also all seemed to be enrolled in a school where they have a valentines celebration, where younger students can give small cards to eachother in bags. When Investigating further, it was also discovered that those the Candy Corn Beast communicated with had up to two cards in their bags, compared to the average of 16 with other students. Conversations were recorded to last from 1 minute up to 40 minutes. Those who had longer conversations had gotten less cards, or had gotten cards that had crude messages towards them instead of pleasant ones. Investigation on the events lasted until April 8th, and the Candy Corn Beast had no sightings until October.

October 31st, 2018.

The investigation of the Candy Corn Beast on Halloween was commonplace at this point, but the amount of calls seemed to have increased over the years. A record was broken this year, over 1000 calls were recorded about the Candy Corn Beast. The investigation was already in motion by 6:00pm on the night of Halloween. Multiple events seemed connected to the Candy Corn Beast. Candy was thrown out and marked with a candy corn sticker. Upon investigation, these were found to be candies that tasted 'off' or 'gross' as children involved in the investigation would testify. Pranksters with eggs and toilet paper were found tied to trees. The pranksters claimed to have learned their lesson, and were speaking of the legend of the Candy Corn Beast early in November. The final major investigation found that was connected to the Candy Corn Beast was a mansion based incident. The mansion's plot was considered as a future demolition area due to it's "Fragile structure". The mansion was found to be completely in working order. The supposed fixing of the mansion was done in an time estimated under 5 hours. While the Prankster and Candy investigations only lasted the night, the investigation of the mansion ceased on November 8th. The ceased investigation was caused by two individuals, one claiming to be 'part ghost' and the other 'part jackalope', who claimed investigators were invading private property.

No Investigations have been launched since then, but the two pups at the end of the October 31st investigation have been giving us more relevant information gradually. Just how much do they know?

Extra; Extra words - The Ballad of Samhain
    Once upon a time, on a Halloween Night,
    when the houses were empty and cold.
    Our story begins, with a shy little tyke,
    and the monster who harbored his soul.

Oh the poor pup he cried,
    and the sad little tyke,
    looked into his big candy bowl.
    All the candy found rotten and old.

Now the legend they say, In the dead of the night,
    the tyke wandered out in the rain.
    Replacing the evil given out with delight,
    so no-one would feel the same pain.

Oh his parents they yelled,
    in the town, their eyes welled,
    for the tyke had never come home.

So a beast they devised,
    hiding grief with their lies,
    blamed for the lost in their tome.

So the legend they say, in the dead of the night,
    the beast wandered out in the rain.
    Replacing the joy of the tricksters with fright,
    so all would feel the same pain.

The tyke no he wasn't the same,
    he wished for no one to feel pain.
    Now infamy shattered his name,
    that poor little tyke, that Samhain.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waffle02 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:08 pm

Username; waffle02

Name; Maizon

Gender; Male

Prompt;
The legend of the Candy Corn Beast is one that has been passed down from pup to pup for generations. Many don't believe in his existence, but maybe you should? It could prevent a terrible fate from settling upon you. Now when in the season of Autumn and the leaves are falling, a time of laughter and candy is coming. However with all of the sweets and treats, many fill their tanks with greed instead of thanks. They gorge themselves on scrumptious feasts and expect presents to be sat at their feet. Older siblings play tricks on their younger brothers, causing tears to be shed at the expense of others. Bullies will try and steal others treats by threatening kids with teasings and beatings. Others will whine when they don't get their way, like the girl who wanted the pink pumpkin bag instead of the grey. This selfishness is not the point of these seasons, its a time of thanks and good eatings. But many don't understand that when harvest is at hand, generosity is the rule that should stand.

But all this greed comes at a cost, and the Candy Corn Beast is the one who will remind those who are lost. They say that the beast is a jolly kind of monster, and that he would rather hear laughter than screams any hour. But while the beast loves to see smiles on others faces, his will punish those kids who are misbehaving. On Halloween night he scours the streets, watching from corners where darkness leaks. He will watch the children as they trick-or-treat, to find out which kids are nice and which don't deserve treats. Once he find a kid who is greedy and mean, he will change his demeanor and being his routine. With a wave of his four massive paws, he will change the candy of the greedy kid's lots. The nice candy bars will turn into gum, and some unlucky ones might end up with some dum-dums. But worst of all is what he does to their candy corn, for he messes with the very nature of their cores. He alters the ratios of the colors, so that the ends have too much yellow or the white is just not right. The good little kids end up alright, their stashes of candy staying perfectly fine. But when the greedy children go to sift through their bags, instead of great treats they'll find only the leftover trash.

Now while for generations Maizon's family have been the Candy Corn Beasts at all the parties, they actually are descendants from the original legends creation. In times of old their family was the only ones to give out candy corn in the town, thus making them be known as the Candy Corn Cottage. Many children were excited because at the time candy corn was not a common treat, so they would try and fight to get to the door first and see if they could sneak extra. This led Maizon's great grandfather to a brilliant idea. Now everyone knows that the best candy corn pieces are the ones with a perfect ratio of colors. So to encourage a more generous and giving spirit in the kids the old man would watch them as they came to his porch. The kids who were rude and greedy in their actions received a few pieces of very imperfect candy rations. But for the children who were humble and kind, the old pup would place a single perfect candy corn in their hand. He then would say, "Now that's a special candy corn just for you. For being nice and kind to those around you. It's the best piece I have so I gave it to you, in hopes that you'll continue to be generous too!" This began the rumors around the town about how a Candy Corn man would bless nice kids with the best treats. However as tales get spun over the years they often change, which is why today the Candy Corn Beast might just turn a rotten kid's candy corn into something of disdain.
(688 words)

Extra: Art by me
(At the top. Didn't have time for fullbody so did a waist up kind of thing,
but wanted to include the lovely tails so I snuck them in there too)
♪♫♪My Characters and Adopts
♪♫♪ Art Shop - OPEN
♪♫♪My JBDs
♪♫♪ My Kalons

ImageImage
waffle02

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the legend of the candy corn beast

Postby liightning » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:49 am

username; liightning
name; Atticus - "Atty"
gender; male
prompt;

I. the village

Long, long ago, there was a quiet village nestled peacefully between the Claw Mountains. The mountains were a place of beauty and wilderness, where deer pranced among the poppies and birds soared in the cloudless blue sky. Each morning, the rising sun would peek over the looming mountains, ducking out of reach of the curved peaks, shedding golden light on the village.
      The village was well-known for selling the best candy in existence. Taffies, honey drops, chocolate, you name it. The large majority of the sweets were made right there in that town, always fresh and delicious. It was as if you could taste the wind and the sun and the sweet birdsong the very moment any one of those candies touched your tongue.
      But oh, the village was most famous for one thing - candy corn. It was rumored to have been made from natural ingredients only, and the secret ingredient was known only to a select few. These were produced in small amounts each day, and as news spread of this sweet treat, travelers began swarming to buy a bag from the limited stock. The pawful of candy corn was delicately tied in a soft pouch woven with the finest silk. An iridescent ribbon was tied with a careful paw, left to protect the candy until it was bought and opened.
      The village was thriving, quickly gaining wealth and fame for its candy corn. Everyone wanted it. Oh, yes, everyone.
      And this included a beast.

II. the forest & the beast

Near the village was a dazzling forest. Sunlight danced on the forest floor as the leaves swayed gently in the breeze. Sweet birdsong filled the air and natural beauty was everywhere. Travelers who passed this way were said to be blessed with fortune.
      One terrible day, a monster appeared. His exact appearance was unknown, but legends spoke of his terrible teeth and his terrible grin. His fangs were blue and sharp, perfect for chomping on his favorite snack - candy corn. They say his four ears could pick out the slightest rattle of candy corn, his nose so sharp it could scent it from miles away. Six paws to tread lightly and snatch as many bags of candy as possible! And the worst? Some said it was his eyes, his ebony eyes, like a moonless night so dark that the stars dared not show themselves. So large and round and wide, you would nearly feel like giving him all your candy by just looking at him. Not to mention his horns, which were always sharp and gleamed wickedly in the moonlight.
      They first noticed a slight shortage in the stores. They didn't seem to be earning the same amount, despite producing the same amount of candy corn. It wasn't a real issue until one foggy night...

III. the night of terror

the villagers were all snug in their nests, dreaming of nature and sweet candy corn. The beast crept closer, tongue swiping over hungry jaws. His six paws didn't make a single sound as he claimed all the candy corn for his own.
      Candy makers felt something was wrong and rushed to the candy storage to check - and not a single bag remained. The beast had stolen them all, and they could've sworn they saw two tails quickly disappearing around the corner.
      the forest where the beast was rumored to live grew cold and unwelcoming, trees' branches twisting high to block out the sun. Rumors were that the forest was now cursed. The villagers found the candy gone each day; it even would disappear during the day, with the streets so busy and bustling. Not a single traveler cried out in shock or gave any sign of seeing anything wrong. They were disappointed, though - to travel so far in search of the famed candy corn and to find them 'sold out,' every day! The village began to lose its tourism, for the forest was feared and there was no more candy.

IV. the plot

The villagers were growing frantic. Not only were they losing their fame and source of income, but they couldn't keep their candy safe. No matter what they tried - safes, locks, guards - the candy was still stolen every night. Every single piece was gone, and they couldn't figure out a way to trap the beast.
      They consulted the oldest and wisest pup in town. Belladonna, she'd been in the village for years upon years now, and surely she'd have an idea - which she did. The plan was carried out, and the villagers were restless in their sleep that night, wondering if their candy would still be gone in the morning.
      The beast crept into the candy shop, jaws watering at the idea of more candy to eat. His ears pricked, he tiptoed into the store. He scooped up all the bags in his wide paws and scampered away, still giggling mischeviously.
      Back in his forest lair, he spread the bags of candy and began to munch through them.
      What was that? A peculiar bag among the usual; it was labeled in careful lettering: SPECIAL BATCH! DO NOT TOUCH!
      Intrigued, the beast tore the bag open and dumped the contents into his jaws, not bothering to check what was inside. It sure felt like cotton candy, and he gleefully chomped, hoping to taste a new flavor like blueberry. Blueberry was his favorite.
      As he bit down, a sharp pain jolted through his jaws and he yelped in pain, immediately spitting out the 'special candy corn.' It was special, all right - they were little pebbles painted in shades of orange, white, and yellow. He'd been tricked! His jaw ached terribly, and he realized in horror that lying on the ground beside the 'candy' was a long blue tooth.
      He howled in pain and anguish through the night, his cries echoing eerily through the forest. Without a full set of teeth, he couldn't munch through candy corn the way he used to. He was so proud of his sharp blue teeth, and so sad at the loss of one, that he returned the candy corn and disappeared forever. The villagers rejoiced, having finally defeated the beast, and not a single instance of candy corn disappearing or a sighting of the beast was ever reported since.

Atticus slammed the book shut, showing a mischievous blue grin. "How's that for a story?"
    The trick-or-treaters squealed in excitement, having enjoyed the tale very much.
    "Ohhh, I get it! You dressed up as the beast!" one young pup squeaked, pointing at Atticus's two horns, four ears, six paws, and two tails.
    "It's so realistic! I didn't know you could make a fake tail move so naturally," the other pup chirped, pointing at Atticus's two tails, swishing in amusement.
    "Thanks! Now, if you ever see the candy corn beast, be sure to let me know!" Atty laughed, dropping a small bag of candy corn into each pup's basket.
    "Thank you!" they all chimed.
    Atty beamed again. One of the little pups noticed a gap in his blue teeth.
    She frowned, tilting her head, wondering if she should say something - but surely she'd sound crazy. She opened her jaws to say something - but Atticus was already gone.
Last edited by liightning on Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

liight (she/they)

artist who draws silly and funky characters
    <--- enoki is my baby boy

discord: ask! || twitter: liightpinked
    toyhouse: liightning || art fight: liightning
liightning

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schnuffel Bunny » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:15 am

JUDGING!
Species Artist for:
ImageImage

My most favorite things:
ImageImage
ImageImage

kalons - chicoons - zeus

Schnuffel Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schnuffel Bunny » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:40 am

Here is my winner;

Winner;
Midnightkitkat

Everyone here who participated gets an HM.
Species Artist for:
ImageImage

My most favorite things:
ImageImage
ImageImage

kalons - chicoons - zeus

Schnuffel Bunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: → Halloween Pup #019 → -- Winner!

Postby Midnightkitkat » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:28 am

BeastBabyBoyOfSpoopyness
    A precious boo who brightness these busy week days for all.
    Thank you so much for the chance at this good bean and congrats to everyone and their HMs!! Your stories were all amazing♡♡
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
█|
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
"We have calcium in our bones,