Artist Medd [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
108 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Anniversary Adopt | Ruby -- July

Postby Medd » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:29 am

the best month 8)

Rubies are said to restore youth and vitality when used on the skin. Considered the stone symbolising love, passion, energy, power and an outgoing attitude, with a priceless value and a scarlet-red appeal. Ruby is the stone said to symbolise the most powerful and deepest of emotions.

For this kalon, please tell me what they have given to either their best friend / parent / love and why
You don't need kalons for the prompt, but you can use one kalon to answer if you'd like!

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Gift:
Why? [1000 words maximum, 100 words minimum]

Ends: 1st April

Im on mobile so I'll add refs ASAP!

Please no extras, coding is allowed with pictures but I'm judging the gift choice and reason over anything else

[The shine is meant to be rolling hills, because I associate July with summer and the summer with the nice warm weather and the countryside ❤️]

apologies for the judging delay. I’ll announce results tomorrow
Last edited by Medd on Wed May 16, 2018 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Medd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Anniversary Adopt | Ruby -- July

Postby squeegi » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:30 am

res!

x
ᴠᴇʟ​ ​✿ 🇸​​🇶​​🇺​​🇪​​🇪​​🇬​​🇮​
she/her | adult | artist
➤ hi! pms always open, i love to chat!
➤ love BLLK, JJK, MXTX, SCTIR
➤ sig and avatar art by me ♡

squeegi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Levi~ » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:30 am

Username: ~Levi~
Name: TigerLily
Gift: Flower Crown - little sister

Why?

Tigerlily grew up in the dank grey slums at the edge of the city. It was a filthy place, where diseases ran rampant and chaos was the only form of order. The streets were covered in grime that made the ground feel gritty or slippery depending on the level of humidity. The houses were all a steel grey with brown smudges regardless of what original colour they once were. The sky was almost always overcast from the coal mines the pumped out ton after ton of grey sludge into the sky and the smoke from large express trains that rattled daily delivering goods to the outer edge of the center district. The residents of the slums had no way of knowing what was being delivered as the trains sped past but in their few idle moments they would dream about mouthwatering delicacies the likes of which they had never tasted, or clothes so fine that the fabric would run like water through their fingers.

Tigerlily had also once dreamed of such fineries but had decided that such things bred corruption. For while the slums were harsh, there was a small sense of community, however the tax collectors and armed forces – the only non-slum residents that ever appeared – had clothes with no snags or holes and shoes that could show you your reflection they bickered and fought amongst each other and stole what few possessions the slum residents had. Now Tigerlily wondered if they did not view the stealing and harassment as such as they viewed the slum residents as vermin, which therefore had no rights or belongings. Either way the world as she saw it could only be seen as corrupt.

Then one evening, Tigerlily snuck away from the grime and the grey, unable to bear the oppressive air that seemed to choke you more and more with each breath you took. She stuck to the shadows like a rat, carefully creeping through the piles of broken plastic and glass, avoiding puddles of unsavory liquid towards the edge of the slums. Most people avoided the edge of the slums, as there were the wild beasts that roamed the wild, with flashing eyes and snarling jaws that had been told to rip dozens of people into shreds with a single swipe. But Tigerlily continued onward, knowing that her mother and sister would not be worried about her being fast asleep.

She continued forwards as the broken cobblestone gave way to gravel and as the gravel gave way to tufts of prickly grass and molded moss. The air became lighter, although the stench of humanity continued to hang heavy in the air, the houses were piles of rubble that had been worn away after decades of lack of use and care. The grass grew longer, and the earth grew softer as she continued onwards. Then she approached the red-rusted chain link fence that had many a tear and was smothered by tall grass at its base. Tigerlilly found one such tear and crouched down next to it, pushing the grass out of the way she moved to crawl through the hole before she hesitated. The sun had set and only the distant fiery glow from the windows of the distant houses in the slums and the more artificial light from the taller towers of the city provided light; the wind was bitter as well, hinting at the late winter chill that would be sure to set in with the promise of frost. Tigerlily took a shuddering breath, closing her eyes for a moment before steeling herself and shoved her way through the tear, ignoring the ominous way that the torn wire links clutched at her, trying to hold her back. But she continued through.
She stumbled away once she was free of the cities clutches and after a second hesitantly wandered forward, towards the looming trees. The air seemed so much fresher, the world seemed endless with no boundaries in site and it was all she could do but start to run. She tore through the grass and into the forest, taking in minute details as she did. The silvery blue of the bark of the beach trees, the dark green of the grass that waved as she passed, the faded red of the Hellebore flowers. The world was so full of colour; Tigerlily had never known that the world could look so alive. Finally she stumbled to a halt in a small clearing, falling to her knees and gasping wildly as she tilted her head up, and there was a sight she would never forget. The sky which had always been covered was a deep blue and there, scattered across it, where tens- no hundreds- possibly thousands, of flecks of light. They shone so brightly and so coldly like nothing that she had ever seen. And they stole away her breath.

Since that fateful night Tigerlilly never failed to sneak away to explore the new world –her world- that she had discovered. She would bring back trinkets, a rusted coloured acorn, a branch of silvery birch twigs, a soft tuft of rabbit fur that had been caught on a briar thorn or perhaps a blue speckled fragment of a bird’s broken egg. So when her younger sister’s birthday came around and she had to think of a present, not for a second did her mind go to such superficial things like a new dress or an engraved comb, no she wanted to give a piece of her world to her sister. So she stole away the day before, leaving her duties behind, to find the freshest, most colourful and scented flowers of blue, pink and violet. And when she had collected them, she used supple young birch branches that were decorated with their newly budded leaves to weave into a crown. Then she threaded in the flowers until the most beautiful crown lay on her lap. Tigerlilly smiled, it was fit for a princess.

And it was part of her world.

[1000/1000]

Last edited by ~Levi~ on Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:39 am, edited 12 times in total.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
“A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” ― Charles Darwin
“Learn to value yourself, which means: fight for your happiness.” ― Ayn Rand
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Name: Poppy or Fenrir
Likes: Crappy fantasy books, anime, drawing, animals, Marvel and Dc lol, most music, random K-pop songs, running, talking to people (pm me if you want), sleeping and martial arts.
Note: Please be polite and respectful ^-^
~Levi~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jippy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:31 am

Dropping out sadly! Early congrats to the winner! :D
Last edited by Jippy on Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jippy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby witchcrafting » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:32 am

╔════════════════════╗
Username: Vagabond
Name: Joan Thomas
Gift: A crystal flute
╚════════════════════╝

Walking towards the training grounds where Albert-Alexander naturally hung around, Joan held a box close to his chest. He always had an eye for the royal guard. They had become acquaintances months ago after Joan had started working for the castle of King Alroy. He was a simple gardener for the family, and he was paid good money for the work he did. Albert had first approached him when he was trimming a hedge, and they talked. And talked. For months. The two were always so happy when they were around each other.
Today was the day where Joan intended to try and tell his friend that he liked him. A lot more than friends. Joan knew Albert was a captain, he also knew Albert hated straining his voice when it came to telling the other guards under his control to get to work. So Joan decided to get an instrument, specifically a flute, for Albert to use instead of yelling. It was a crystal flute; one that matched Albert's aesthetic. Joan had spent what money he made over the few months he worked to get his hands on the flute. It was pricey, however, Joan sensed it would be worth it. As he walked closer to the grounds, Joan stopped at the edge of the concrete ground. He watched the royal guard captain train. Watched him swing a wooden staff around, training a group of guards. Joan believed Albert's movement was elegant, like a dancer. He moved on his feet so lightly. So quickly. Joan was in a trance. He was almost day dreaming. He didn't even notice someone else pointed him out to Albert. He didn't notice Albert walking over.
"Joan?" Albert moved his hand in front of the other's face. Joan shook his head, coughing nervously. He blinked, his cheeks flushing a bit as he waved slightly with one of his hands.
"Hey.. Albert.. Uhh.. I.." Joan's voice was trailing off slightly, he giving a nervous chuckle before pushing the box forward toward Albert. "I got something for youIhopeyoulikeit.." He talked quickly, probably not being able to be understood at all. Albert looked down at the box, taking it gently. The box was white, with a crest of Albert's family in the corner, a ribbon tied around it to keep it closed. Albert pulled the ribbon off, opening the box. He took a card off the top of the flute, reading it slowly, not going too quickly so he could cherish it. Albert himself always had some sort of feeling when it came to Joan, though he had no clue it was love. He just brushed it off most of the time. Albert nodded as he read the note.

Joan Thomas wrote:Dearest Albert,
I've always had an eye for you, your looks, your personality, everything. I enjoy every moment we tend to have with each other.
I figured a gift like this would make it obvious how I feel.
I always remembered how you told me you hated straining your voice. You never thought the people you trained deserved to hear your voice more than they needed. I remembered so clearly.
This is a crystal flute. For you to use when you don't want to strain your voice any, to get people's attention, however you'd like to use it. I hope you like it.

Signed,
Joan Thomas

A smile had appeared on Albert's face, light tears coming to his eyes. Continuing with the gift, Albert took the flute out of the box, examining it. It was so.. Astounding.
"I..." Albert began, making Joan worried as he hesitated, "Love it. It's.. So beautiful- A thoughtful of you." Albert looked up, not even noticing he let tears fall down his cheeks. Joan smiled a little, using his sleeve to wipe away Albert's tears.
"You're welcome.. I.." Joan looked down again, moving his foot nervously in a circle. He didn't know what else to say. Albert, however, began to speak again.
"I love you."
Joan looked up quickly, eyes widening. He never thought he'd hear those words. He always thought he would never be good enough for someone royal like Albert. "You do??" He talked quickly again. He was smiling more this time, his cheeks flushing more as he thought about those three words. "Yes." Albert responded, leaning down and leaving a kiss on Joan's lips before he turned, walking back toward his group of trainees. Joan watched as Albert had gone back to work. He heard the blow of the flute, and Albert yelling only a few words. He watched the group get into pairs and start training with each other. He caught Albert's eye. The two smiled at each other. It was all Joan could think about as he walked away, as he went back to work. He loved Albert-Alexander.

{ 800 words || 4,397 characters }
Last edited by witchcrafting on Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
witchcrafting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobble » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:35 am

Username:junkratss
Name:
Gift:
Why? [1000 words maximum, 100 words minimum]
i’m r e a d y
    They/them | Adult | PA student
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Avisowl » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:36 am

This is my birthday month so I'm hoping to win this bean <3

L I A
Username; Avisowl
Female
Gift- Ruby encrusted locket

ImageImageImage
"I love you", he said. He told me he loved me, but I know what he did last summer.

Lia leaped along the beach, her red fur lifting with the wind. Sand got caught between her toes and small droplets of water coated her muzzle. She felt the sun beat against her already warm fur. It has been a couple days since summer has started. Lia's love was requited towards her mate, Rex. He had gone on his own vacation, somewhere in Alaska or something. Lia leaped into the water.
Lia pulled her head out from under the swirling waves feeling the heaviness of the water pulling her down. With a small chuckle, she padded out onto the sand and shook out her flowing fur. Lia continued up a hill her body dripping. Tallgrass brushed against her haunches. She hummed as she glanced around at all the kalons sitting out in the sun on the field of grass. Lia heard something behind her. It was whispering, giggling. There was a familiar voice. She turned and saw two kalons. Rex was kissing, another kalon. With a sharp cry, she moved back a bit. "I thought you were in Alaska!" Rex tried to stop her as she ran home.
Lia sat in her kitchen knelt on the wooden floor. She felt tears catch in her eyelashes, but then...an idea.

Lia knocked his door. "Hello love, I forgive you!" Rex smiled cradling her in his arms. "I have a present for you..", Lia handed him a ruby encrusted locket. Rex gave a goofy smile and opened it. Inside there was a small piece of paper that said "roses are red, violets are blue, garbage is dumped, and now so are you." Rex stared at her with his mouth gaped open. Lia yanked the locket out of his hand with a smirk and hung it around her neck. She skipped home, now Lia will always have that special ruby encrusted wallet to remind her of her bravery, and her power as a single female kalon.

ImageImageImage
Last edited by Avisowl on Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
Avisowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marsh » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:37 am

Mark
x
art by lavender towns

thxxxxcoding shopxxxxda

nice people alert
senti nilla snow teri lethal

kalsxxmarsh#7080xxkhims

hey everyone! i'm slowly attempting to
come back after a long hiatus !! i love talking to
people so always feel free to chat - i'm quite forgetful
so if i've forgotten something please let me know!
as always I'm fastest to reach on discord

Marsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:40 am

mark