Artist ShadyBro [gallery]
Time spent 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #1692 - Closed

Postby ShadyBro » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:25 am

Owner: x
Name: Vaanni

I decided to go with a light element sort of theme and then base them off of one of my guppies (even though pretty much all my fish designs have been based off of my guppies lmao).

To win them, just write a short story. The theme or basis of the story is totally up to you, but I want to see something that really shows this viscet's true character. Don't just make it a personality description! I want something fun to read c:

[Form ]
Code: Select all
Username:
Name: 

- One extra allowed (cannot be another story or a personality description)
- Minor prettying is okay
- Minimum of 250 words for the story
- Maximum of 1500 words for the story

Mutations: //Mermaid Tail - Event Rare | Finned Tufts - Roaming Trait Rare//

End Date: 8/18/17
Last edited by ShadyBro on Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

─- ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─- ♡ - - ♡ -─ ⋆⋅⋅⋆ -─
ShadyBro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1692 - Open!

Postby padaleckii » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:38 am

offering up relationships for this dude. my viscets are in my signature
Last edited by padaleckii on Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

a hound chased a rabbit, but gave up after a long run.
      a shepherd who watched came up to the hound and said,
      "the rabbit is the better runner." the hound replied,
      "i only ran for dinner.
      he ran for his life."

my: viscet storage » orb cat storage » deviantart » toyhou.se

also formerly known as ~prophecy~ & elysiium but i've
      been here nine years so don't blame me for changing it.

»»»
padaleckii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SoridSongBird » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:45 am

mark
SoridSongBird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Ash Wolf~ » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:52 am

Name:
Bowman
Male

Story
The old tv flickers making a static sound, you can barley hear the words coming from it "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." The picture is blurry and hard to make out but there sitting right into front of the ancient device is a little viscet. His eyes widen in excitement as he hears those words. He watches in great detail as the man takes his first step onto the new atsmophere. "Mama did you see that, did you see that? Huh?!" He says with enthusiasm jumping all around "Yes Bow, I saw. For the hundredth time yes." Replies an elder viscet. "Now it's time for bed" she leaves the room him following in suit behind her. "When is papa coming home? I miss him." The youngling says hopping up in he bed "He'll be home soon Bowman, just wait and have faith." His mother says grabbing his Space Oddesy blanket and tucking him in. "Why did he have to go, the war is so stupid, he shouldn't be there. Papa needs to be here." Bowman says in a sad tone. His mother flicks his forehead and sighs "Don't you dare say that. Your father is fighting for us. And I'm not sure when he'll be back, but he's always here." She places her paw on his chest where his heart is. He puffs his cheeks out and sighs "Fineee, but when he gets back we're going to go to the moon, and then watch 2001: A Space Odyssey!" He cheers. His mother grins "Yes, yes we will." She turns out his light and closes his door. That night little Bowman dreamt of going to the moon, he dreamt that he was the first viscet to ever step foot. He had a good nights sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yawning the little one opens his eyes and crawls out of bed. He heads into the kitchen but suddenly stops hearing a whimper "Mama? Is that you?" He asks creeping closer to the sound "I-it's ok honey. Just get some breakfast, I'll be there in a minute." She yells back. Shacking it off he listens to her and goes and puts a bowl of his favorite cereal 'Count Chocula' setting at the table he digs in. A few minutes pass and his mother comes in, tear filling her eyes. "Mama what's wrong? Did I do something?" He asks in a sweet confused tone. The tension in the air was thick, you could tell just by being in the room something bad had happened. "Sweetie we need to talk." She slowly walks over to the table and takes a seat beside him. Taking a deep breath she sighs and places a paw on his shoulder. He quickly shoves about her but of feral in his mouth and swollows. "I just got a call from the troops this morning, before you woke up....papa isn't coming home Bowman...." she trails off not wanting to explain why, tear fall down her face hitting the table. "What do you mean mama?" Bowman replied tilting his head "Sid papa go to the moon without us?!" He says dropping his spoon "How dare he I re-" she cuts him off "No Bowman, he didn't go to the moon....papa is gone sweetheart. He went up to heaven...." she turns not wanting to look at him for it would make her even more sad. Suddenly realization hits him. He starts to tremble and clentchs his fist dropping his spoon in his bowl. They say there for who know how long, waiting for the other to say something, finally Bo speaks up "Well like you said mama. Papa was helping our country. And he did a good job...." a single tear drops down from his eye. His mother quickly pulls him into her arms and they cried together. "Well I guess I'm the man of the house now." Bowman whispers out trying to lighten the mood. His mom wipes his tear away with her apron and smiles "I guess you are. But Bo, don't let this destroy you ok? Your farther wouldn't want that. I bet he's up on that moon waiting for you." She smiles and gives him a kiss on the forehead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Ok all systems check, ready for take off." Says a gruff voice. The viscet gets in his suit and puts his helmet on. He climbs in a seat and places his hands on the dashboard full of buttons and switches. "Ok Bowman you're all set, ready whenever you are." Says another voice coming from the seat next to him. Nodding Bowman pushes a few buttons and the craft starts to shake. "Take off in 10...9....8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1... " A grin crawls up his face "See you up there dad."
Last edited by ~Ash Wolf~ on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Image Image
~Ash Wolf~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placebo » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:56 am

Very pretty shadybro! ;0; possible mark<3

ideas to draw from: lunar and solar eclipses
deep sea vents
Last edited by Placebo on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby serotonin. » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:17 am

s

ʟ

ʏ,

s
ʜ

ʜ

s

s

ʟ

ʏ,

s
ʜ

ʜ

s

Username: Mihrianth
Name: tbd
Story: (max 1500 words)
Extra: (No story or personality desc.)
serotonin.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yugi » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:37 am

Username: Yugi | Name: Vaanni | Gender: Female

Story
"Vaanni, appear," a light voice stated. There was no urgency to her voice, yet Vaanni knew that Priscilla needed her presence. Without delay, a thick, orange smoke emitted from the book that Priscilla held onto dearly, materializing the being that resided from within it. Vaanni, eyes closed, spoke no words as she knelt before Priscilla; instead, she patiently waited for her commands.

"Rise," the light voice spoke again, and thus Vaanni did just so. Once she stood fully upright, she opened her eyes, revealing beautiful black and gold colors. Even though they had known each other for many years now, Vaanni dared not to break the book's code for fear of never being able to return. The book kept her living, and while she hated to follow orders, her life depended on doing just that. But, oddly enough, with Priscilla, she did not mind being given directions, for the doll would give her the freedom that she had craved often.

"Be free," Priscilla said. How those words were a complete lie, but yet they continued to give Vaanni so much hope. The command only allowed her to act and talk however she'd like; in the end, she would still have to go back into the book once requested. Vaanni sat down next to the pink doll

"How can I help you this time, Priscilla?" Vaanni asked. Her concern was quite genuine, for she had come to understand that both of them were in the same cruel predicament.

"I fear that I'm losing myself with each passing moment, Vaanni. My memories are slowly leaving me faster each day, regardless of how I desperately try to hold onto them. I can't even remember my own child's face anymore; she's just a complete blur now," the doll said. Her airy voice and looks had betrayed her at that very moment, for she appeared much too happy than how she truly had felt. She could cry no tears, and her voice could not be wavered.

There was a heavy pause between the both of them before the mermaid-like viscet broke the silence. "All what we can do is continue to press on while trying our best to reminisce in hopes of keeping ourselves sane," Vaanni spoke wisely. "If we give up hope, we will not be able to return back to our former selves; we must persevere."

"For a wraith, you are exceptionally cheerful," Priscilla said playfully, but still appreciative of Vaanni's words. "I don't believe I ever asked you, even though you had asked me this plenty of times; why were you cursed? You don't appear to be someone who did the Gods wrong, and you do not have the abilities of a witch, per say."

"Aye, you are correct in your terms of thinking of who I am and what I've done," Vaanni said, smiling. She waved her hand around in a circular motion, conjuring more heavy orange smoke. "Why don't I just show you everything?" Before Priscilla had realized, orange mist had engulfed the two of them, causing Vaanni to disappear within it.

The fog had soon subsided, but it was clear that Priscilla was still surrounded by it, as the view in front of her had completely changed. They were no longer hiding away in a dark forest at night; instead, Priscilla had been taken to a bright, sunny desert town, bustling with people. The cool wind from the woods still gently passed by her, causing her short hair to sway and the grains of illusionary sands to be picked up around her. "Welcome to my home," Vaanni's voice echoed throughout. "It has already been seventy-eight years since I've seen this place with my own two eyes."

Vaanni could be easily spotted amid the town's citizens, carrying a thick, ancient looking book in her arms. She wore dull, tattered clothing, as opposed to her refined, colorful silk clothes that she wore now as a wraith. She looked around suspiciously before darting off into an alleyway, sitting in the middle of wooden boxes and trash as to hide away. Vaanni opened the ancient text to a very specific page that she had marked, looking absolutely pleased with herself. She spoke as she read through it, but, while her speech was barely audible, the language was certainly one that Priscilla had never heard before.

Just like how Vaanni had summoned the smoke from her hand, the illusion that looked like her had done something similar. More orange mist filled the air around her as it flooded out from the book, creating small beings that resembled mythological creatures that danced around her. She spoke more words, this time from memory, and began to control each tiny creature, swirling them around her. It wasn't before too long that she had deemed that she was finished for now, for she quickly shut the book back to its closed position, causing all of the beings and smoke to disappear without a trace.

The illusionary Vaanni had then picked herself up and ran to the middle of the town, placing down a mat and her book as she knelt down next to it. It wasn't before long that people began to surround her, offering her money in exchange for a show. It appeared to be a usual thing, as people came up and threw down coins in front of her in a neat pile upon the rug she sat upon. However, even with her normal tongue, Priscilla still struggled to understand what Vaanni was saying, and instead began to assume that she was notifying them of how close they were to beginning the show.

After the final coin was tossed her way, Vaanni began to open the book up once again to the same page she had originally done. She gazed upon those who stood around, staying silent for a small while before ultimately beginning her reading. The same foreign tongue she used to read the ancient text could be heard once more, summoning the same mythological animals, albeit quite bigger this time. Visions of dragons, chimeras, and griffins began to dance around her while she sang. The crowd cheered on, clapping joyfully, as they watched on. Everyone, especially Vaanni appeared to be joyful. With her book in hand, she began to dance around alongside the illusions she had summoned; as the beasts danced, the ground could be seen shaking with the weight of each step they took. The audience began to dance along with Vaanni and her summons; all looked well for the time being.

But, soon, the situation began to change quickly when the skies above them began to darken. Priscilla knew what this meant all too well, as it had happened to her when she was cursed by the Gods above. The audience around Vaanni had stopped what they were doing, and stared up at the sky with fear plastered across all of their faces. Vaanni was visibly uncomfortable too, but she stood proudly with her book opened in her arms and her summoned beings by her side.

An angelic being floated down onto the ground, looking at Vaanni with a stern expression. "Vaanni," the being spoke ethereally, "You had violated our sanctioned rules by learning a forbidden language. We had already warned you to cease your learning, but now we see that you have no intention in doing so. Look upon her, fellow neighbors of Vaanni; have you not noticed her illusions becoming stronger each and every day? Doesn't that strike fear into your hearts? She hasn't shown you what she is truly capable of yet, but I will tell you all now; she has the ability to control others for her own bidding. Just like how she controls her summoned beings, she can control you all like puppets as well. Do you all want that for your village?"

The citizens all let out an audible, worried gasp and quickly gazed towards Vaanni. Parents could be seen hugging their children close to them, hiding their young faces in their own clothing as if it would prevent them from being controlled by her. Vaanni shook her head at the accusations being thrown her way, but it was far too late; everyone feared her now. As quickly as her summons disappeared, so did she, as the angelic being sealed her away in the ancient text before grabbing the book and leaving.

As the winged being made their way back to the skies, the illusion surrounding Priscilla had faded away, leaving Vaanni standing before her. Her face at first was grim after recalling the situation that led to her ultimate demise, but when she made eye contact with Priscilla, she gave her a small smile. "It has been a while since I remembered the reason why I was here. Thank you, Priscilla; I know it sounds odd but, I do feel a little bit more hopeful that we'll escape together one day. Perhaps not today, nor tomorrow, or anytime in the coming months, but one day."
(1500/1500)
Last edited by Yugi on Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧