Belgian Kelpie #246 by heyheygirl101

Based on Click to view
Artist heyheygirl101 [gallery]
Time spent 52 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Belgian Kelpie #246

Postby heyheygirl101 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:48 am

This bk is loosely based on a dog I wanna adopt from the pound, she is a really nervous dog and needs to feel comfortable in her new home so, for this comp tell me how you would make the transition for this kelpie easier as a new home can be very stressful for a nervous dog.

Username: Cujo
Show Name: solK alpha
Call Name: aleu
Sex: Female
Mate: Lynx
Eye color: Warm Autumn Day Orange
Collar color: Same as Eyes
Phenotype: Sable Black w/ Minimum White
Genotype: Kk/Bb/DD/AyAy/EmEm/gg/Ssp/tt/mm/XX/ZZ/YY/vv
Last edited by heyheygirl101 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝒞𝓇𝑜𝓌𝓁𝑒𝓎,
𝐼’𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉, 𝒹𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒, 𝓎𝑜𝓊’𝓇𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓆𝓊𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒶...

╔═════════════════════════╗
Hiya! I'm Heyhey <3
Pronouns are she/her and I am a proud bisexual Image
Trades are always open just may not always be accepted.
Links to my character storage below

╚═════════════════════════╝

𝒜𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉, 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉,
𝒯𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑜𝓁𝑒
𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹, 𝓌𝒽𝓎 𝒹𝑜𝓃’𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊?
heyheygirl101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Belgian Kelpie #246

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:17 am

--
Last edited by ~HєуRєι~ on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:40 am, edited 9 times in total.

Imageℝ𝕖𝕚 ❀ 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕪/𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕞 ❀ 𝔸𝕕𝕦𝕝𝕥Image
《━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━》
ImageImageImageℂ𝟜ℂ 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕊𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕤 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕋𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕊𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕔𝕖ℂ𝕊𝕋

« Hello! My name is Rei, I'm a chronically ill and neurodivergent artist
and designer. I've been on CS since 2012 and am generally friendly if
a bit intimidated by strangers. I am most active on discord so please
contact me there under the user HeyRei if you need anything! »

𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞: 𝕊𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕕 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕊𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕥𝕖𝕣 , ℝ𝕚𝕤𝕖 , ℝ𝕖𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟 ,𝕂𝕖𝕝𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕤
《━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━》
𝕊𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕣 𝔸𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕝𝕤
ImageImageImageImage
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cujo. » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:00 am

literally cannot express how happy i am to see some BK's pop up <3

Username: cujo.

a reference to her looking rather wolfish, and she would be solK's first floof; alpha being the first letter of the greek alphabet
Nickname: socks
Sex: female
Mate: lynx
Collar color: matching eyes <3
How Would You Help Them Stay Calm? saint otterlake's have some experience with rescues, though mostly in our baltic husky branch.
aleu is a rather large kelpie, probably just under the height restriction for competitions beneath all that floof, so bringing her home would be a little troublesome, but luckily saint otterlake's has another rather large BK and already possess a large, suitable carrier crate. we'd ensure to line the carrier with blanket's that are familiar to her and carry her scent alongside any other items she has, i.e a toy, etc.

upon arriving home, aleu would be settled into her own kennel stall. in each stall, up high out of reach, we have a cd player. we've found music or noises, like the rain, can keep our beloved kelpies quiet especially when they're first settling in, so we'd spend some time fussing over her and trying out different types of music and sounds until we found one she reacted positively to. we may also introduce some scents of lavender into her stall to help calm her down. i, or another staff member should i find myself occupied with the other kelpies, would be nearby to keep an ear on her, watching through the kennel cam, or sitting some distance away and letting her get used to me, progressing to petting if she came near and allowed the action.

following that, we'd bring her for a leashed walk outside just around the kennel yard and the fenced in field behind it so she can go toilet and pick up some of the scents of the other kelpies and animals that call saint otterlakes home. since we wouldn't want to stress her out by overloading her with how large her new home is straight away, we'd keep it short and fun, with the other kelpies locked into their stalls.

introduction to our other kelpies would be slow, beginning with layton. a literal big friendly giant, layton is one of our therapy dogs. layton can be a bit shy, having been confronted with many dogs and people frightened by his large size, however as aleu is on the larger scales of huskies, they seem like they could be a nice match in playmates.

following that, the most we really can do is give her all the patience and time she needs to settle into her new home, allowing her time to get to know us as we get to know her and learn how she ticks; what she likes and what makes her spook.

edit: very late edits to fix typos
Last edited by cujo. on Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:34 am, edited 7 times in total.
cujo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Isabella- » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Username: Isabella45
Show Name: Whisper of Hope
Call Name: Hope
Mate: --
Collar color: Amber
How Would You Help Them Stay Calm?
I would talk softly to her on the journey and give her her favorite toys or treats to help her clam down on the journey. When we got home I would walk her around outside, slowly to let her get used to the new smells and things. I would have some of her favorite toys or blankets put in her new kennel and in the house so that when she walked in some of her things and her scent would already be there. I would let her into the house at her own pace, letting her sniff whatever she wanted to whenever she wanted to. Then I would show her where she was going to stay and I would sit and talk to her while she sniffed around her kennel space. I would be careful not to get excited or loud for fear of scaring her. I would wait until she had been at the kennel for a few days and was comfortable before introducing her to the other dogs slowly, one at a time starting with the calmer ones. If at any time she began to pant or get really nervous I would let her walk away from the situation and give her some space to gather herself before going back and trying again. I would never force her to stay in a situation that was stressing her out otherwise she might just panic more and never get over her fear. Most of all I would simply be patient and never lose my willingness to work with her on her special needs for as long as it might take.
Last edited by -Isabella- on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Rush Furry~ » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:41 am

Username:
~Rush Furry~
Show Name:
The Reign of Cleopatra
Call Name:
Cleo
Sex:
Female
Mate:
One of my males
Eye color:
Warm Autumn Day Orange
Collar color:
Light blue
Phenotype:
Sable Black w/ Minimum White
Patience. It'll take some patience and time before dogs are ever calm in a new environment.

Once we enter the driveway from the pound, I'll let her out of the car and, while she's on a leash, let her check out the front yard and the front of the house. Upon walkin up to the front door I could tell she's a bit nervous, process of elimination would say that she smells my other dogs: Ulysses, Prince, and Chealsie. I let her check out the front porch a bit and the front door, which calmed her down a lil bit. I had remembered that I put my other dogs in their pens before I left.

Upon entering into the house, we were greeted by joyful barks and whining. I unhook her leash, placing it in a drawer near the front door and let her explore the house. I read online that exploring the house alone makes a dog feel more comfortable. I quickly cover my other dog's pens with towels and blankets, so she can sniff them without the others even knowing. Once they are familiar with one another I take off the towels and blankets. There was no barking, so I let them out of their pens. They slowly approached the new pup with light licks and sniffs, they seemed to like her! She wags her tail with joy of her new friends.

I lead them all out back, a wide open backyard greeted the new pooch. I could tell she was a bit scared, so I went out into the middle of the yard and sat down with outstretched arms. She slowly put one paw in front of the other, testing to see if the grass was safe. Once she felt comfortable in the geas she slowly made her way into my arms, tail wagging in the air. My other dogs joined us in the grass, together as one big happy family.
~Rush Furry~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:26 am

Username: SpartanAmethyst
Show Name: SABEK Nervous Nelly
Call Name: Nel
Mate: None yet.
Collar color: her eye color with little autumn leaves?
How Would You Help Them Stay Calm? First of all, take it slow. Give them a safe space where they can go if they want to be alone, such as a large kennel with a blanket draped over it. Dark can be very calming for a dog, just don't close the kennel, and if she's in it, leave her be. Find things she likes: types of toys or treats, maybe music or another companion, and keep that nearby. It might serve as a security blanket. Whenever she makes progress, praise her softly and reward her. Work with her everyday. If she won't come to you, then just sit nearby and read a book; set treats nearby at varying distances; slowly move them closer to you each day or couple of days, until you're sitting with a treat in your open palm but still not paying attention to the dog directly. Never stare into a dogs eyes intently; it's taken as a sign of aggression until you get to know the pooch better c: I had a pitbull female who was that way, and these seemed to help her anxiety. Time is the greatest helper, though.
Introducing her to other dogs needs to be slow and controlled, starting with calmer dogs then working up to higher energy pups. They'd meet through scent first, such as a towel rubbed on the opposite dog, then rewarded so they associate the other dog with a reward. Then it would go to meeting through a fence, walking on a lead together, and finally if everything went well they'd be allowed off lead to play together. Luckily she will be my first Kelpie, so other dogs are not currently an issue c:
x ================== x
x ================== x
G O O D
N I G H T
S L E E P
T I G H T
D O N ' T
L E T
T H E
M O T H M A N
S E E
Y O U R
NI G H T L I G H T

------
ARR
GSAISO
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby certified » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:38 am

Username:
CertifiedFreak1620
Show Name:
Golden Sayonara
Call Name:
Blaze
Sex:
Male
Mate:
None
Eye color:
Warm Autumn Day Orange
Collar color:
Something fallish that wouldn't clash with his eyes
Phenotype:
Sable Black w/ Minimum White
Genotype:
Kk/Bb/DD/AyAy/EmEm/gg/Ssp/tt/mm/XX/ZZ/YY/vv
As someone who has had nervous animals before, I know that distance and allowing them to get to know the place plays a big role in allowing them to trust you. Giving treats, when they aren't as weary, is also helpful, as it gets them a bit closer to you in order to smell your scent. I'd let him do what he needs, keep a close eye on him as he went out to the bathroom. I'd allow him to come to me when he's ready though I would call him by his name to help him get used to my voice. Leave a basket of chewtoys out and show him his dog bed. It seems simple enough, but it's up to him at this point. Every animal in a new space, needs distance and to figure things out.
certified

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heyheygirl101 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:40 am

cujo. wrote:
literally cannot express how happy i am to see some BK's pop up <3

Username: cujo.

a reference to her looking rather wolfish, and she would be solK's first floof; alpha being the first letter of the greek alphabet
Nickname: socks
Sex: female
Mate: lynx
Collar color: matching eyes <3
How Would You Help Them Stay Calm? saint otterlake's have some experience with rescues, though mostly in our baltic husky branch.
aleu is a rather large kelpie, probably just under the height restriction for competitions beneath all that floof, so bringing her home would be a little troublesome, but luckily saint otterlake's has another rather large BK and already possess a large, suitable carrier crate. we'd ensure to line the carrier with blanket's that are familiar to her and carry her scent alongside any other items she has, i.e a toy, etc.

upon arriving home, aleu would be settled into her own kennel stall. in each stall, up high out of reach, we have a cd player. we've found music or noises, like the rain, can keep our beloved kelpies quiet especially when they're first settling in, so we'd spend some time fussing over her and trying out different types of music and sounds until we found one she reacted positively to. we may also introduce some scents of lavender into her stall to help calm her down. i, or another staff member should i find myself occupied with the other kelpies, would be nearby to keep an ear on her, watching through the kennel cam, or sitting some distance away and letting her get used to me, progressing to petting if she came near and allowed the action.

following that, we'd bring her for a leashed walk outside just around the kennel yard and the fenced in field behind it so she can go toilet and pick up some of the scents of the other kelpies and animals that call saint otterlakes home. since we wouldn't want to stress her out by overloading her with how large her new home is straight away, we'd keep it short and fun, with the other kelpies locked into their stalls.

introduction to our other kelpies would be slow, beginning with layton. a literal big friendly giant, layton is one of our therapy dogs. layton can be a bit shy, having been confronted with many dogs and people frightened by his large size, however as aleu is on the larger scales of huskies, they seem like they could be a nice match in playmates.

following that, the most we really can do is give her all the patience and time she needs to settle into her new home, allowing her time to get to know us as we get to know her and learn how she ticks; what she likes and what makes her spook.

edit: very late edits to fix typos

So sorry guys for how late I was in judging this, congrats cujo, I will get her collar done as soon as possible, I just live up north now and the internet isn't the best out there. Again sorry for the delay in judging.

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝒞𝓇𝑜𝓌𝓁𝑒𝓎,
𝐼’𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉, 𝒹𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒, 𝓎𝑜𝓊’𝓇𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓆𝓊𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒶...

╔═════════════════════════╗
Hiya! I'm Heyhey <3
Pronouns are she/her and I am a proud bisexual Image
Trades are always open just may not always be accepted.
Links to my character storage below

╚═════════════════════════╝

𝒜𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉, 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉,
𝒯𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑜𝓁𝑒
𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹, 𝓌𝒽𝓎 𝒹𝑜𝓃’𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊?
heyheygirl101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cujo. » Mon May 22, 2017 6:02 am

ahh!!! i went on a hiatus on CS and missed this!!!
thank you so much, heyhey, i love her!!
my first (and probably only) floof!!
cujo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me