Artist kirill [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
63 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Ethulai

Staff Plumerian - katstiel

Postby kirill » Thu May 26, 2016 5:41 am

I keep changing my mind about this design, but I really hope you guys like how it turned out ;v; (The timer is a bit over because I kept leaving this open rip)
    The bottle necklace is supposed to contain herbs and plant of some sort like this. Feel free to remove it if it doesn't fit your character, but bonus points if you include it somehow!

For this competition, impress me while staying in the limits!!
    - Max 700 words
    - Max 3 pieces of art

Tips:
    -I'm not going to disqualify you if you have 704 words, but please try to stay as close to the limit as possible!
    -I'll be judging based off of creativity and presentation, meaning that I want to see an original character presented in a creative way! I'd rather read a story and a comic than a read about the character's personality and see a piece of art that's just the character standing. Show me the character you have in mind through art and writing rather than just describing them!!
    -Animations, comics, etc. all count as one piece of art! Multiple pages in a comic count as one piece, but don't go overboard. Any words used in art count towards the word limit!!
    -Titles count towards the limit! Art credit (which is required) does not.
    -Bonus points - Include a theme song!! This isn't exempt from the limit, though. (only whatever you include in your form counts towards the limit!! for example, if you include the title and link to the song, only the title counts towards the limit. if you want to include a quote, that counts towards the limit too.)

Additionally, please make sure to include your username (for purposes of searching during judging) as well as the plumerian's name and gender!
    Also, I'd really appreciate it if all art went to the winner at the end of the competition unless you have a good reason to keep it ^^;

End date: June 20th
Last edited by kirill on Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
xImage
| dA | youtube | comms | | |
---
kirill///they/them///i used to be katstiel
---
i'm not active anymore, find me on other social medias as @kirilldraws
---

| art credit ;; | photo | avatar & art | pixels

ImageImage
kirill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Staff Plumerian - katstiel

Postby casiopea » Thu May 26, 2016 5:42 am

username: anonymousse | name: Jasper "Mouse" Alcaeus | gender: male
theme song: the flight of the bumblebee

My name's Jasper, nicknamed Mouse by most of my friends. Why? I spent my life huddled in every nook and cranny I could find, living life alone and by myself, abiding the rules and being rebellious. I was Mouse because I was everywhere and nowhere at once, running with my friends, scuttling, stealing, and taking things that weren't mine. I was a scavenger, just barely keeping myself alive.

The bottle I wear around my neck was stolen from someone very, very important. She was also very dangerous as well. The witch, Sarena, as everyone called her. My friends and I were very fond of the old witch. We always came around and ventured into her little "magic" cabin, which annoyed her to no end. But I had a feeling that she was fond of us too.

Sarena lived in the cabin, decorated with rather odd statues of things, gemstones, herbs, spellbooks, and finally, the "big, black cauldron". I always liked to peek through the holes in the wall whenever Sarena had visitors, and see what she did with them. One thing that caught my attention was the silver and gold chained bottle necklace around her neck. I'd always ask what it was, but she'd always shoo me away, with an unexplainable look on her face.

I was itching to get my hands on that bottle. There was something that attracted me towards it, a pull, maybe fate. I'd listen to her speak to her customers about the little bottle, catching some parts of her story. About her son, about how she'd put in preserved herbs in it everyday to ward off evil and cleanse his mind. That's when everything snapped in my head. No wonder she'd ever let a little thief like me come close to her necklace. It was too important.

So I, the Mouse, the thief, had planned a robbery. Anything important owned by anyone important in the town was a must-have. If you had an important item from someone, you had it all.

It was the most silent night in the year. A night in October, if I remember well. The witch had muttered something about that particular October night, how all the spirits, good and evil, were set loose. I didn't really care much about magic and spirits and such. Only the bottle was the item of interest.

I sneaked into her cabin, making sure to leave no trace of my coming, and saw the necklace that she had set on the table beside her cot. The herbs glowed with something I, as a youngster, couldn't quite understand. I was in a trance, the glowing object pulling me closer and closer. As soon as I was at a close enough distance to take it, I did, and I ran as fast as I could.

I heard the witch mutter curses behind me, giving up the chase. I proudly put the necklace around my neck, and I suddenly felt something warm course through my body, something that slowed me down and finally tired me out. I fell asleep almost instantly and I woke up the next morning.

I felt clean. I no longer had nasty thoughts or urges to steal things from others. I could only feel like singing, like dancing, like saying good things, like running through a field of flowers.

To this day I still wear the bottle necklace, the magical properties inside of it allowing me to do no evil, giving me thoughts and hope, and making me feel the best I could ever have felt.

[591/700]

Last edited by casiopea on Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:34 am, edited 8 times in total.
casiopea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bailey; » Thu May 26, 2016 5:44 am

I'm in love.....
bailey;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tynahi » Thu May 26, 2016 5:45 am

Res. Beautiful design

Ideas
Name: Panya
Name Meaning: Resembling a Mouse
- Male
- Goes by Pan
- Mute
- Pantomimist
Last edited by Tynahi on Thu May 26, 2016 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tynahi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dandyLION » Thu May 26, 2016 5:47 am

kat, you have outdone yourself.
dandyLION

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mitsurugi » Thu May 26, 2016 5:47 am

res!!
    ────── 異 議 あり ! ──────────────────
    mitsu • he/him • leo | carrd
    [ istp 5w4 - slytherin - chaotic neutral ]

─────────────────── 待 っ た ! ──────
mitsurugi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby warlord. » Thu May 26, 2016 5:48 am

res!! such a cutie. <3
ImageImage

Vex | they/them | lesbian | adult
warlord.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Butter Dragon » Thu May 26, 2016 5:49 am

MARK
x
Butter Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby merraki » Thu May 26, 2016 5:58 am

this
    this is ridiculous
    res ahhh <3

ideas: massage therapist
    male
    really soothing voice
    likes to bake cookies
    cutesy and caring
    kinda athletic maybe
    herby bottle thing is supposed to keep him zen
    theme song ideas: hedley? troye sivan? imagine dragons? coldplay?
Last edited by merraki on Fri May 27, 2016 3:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
note: on a pretty big hiatus due to school; if I'm ignoring you it's nothing personal! just very busy, haha - I'll still pop regularly to check up on things if anyone needs me. ♡Image
previously cyathea || noot || my deviantart || icon credit
british || ravenclaw || infj || female || wannabee writer || student
merraki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shoe. » Thu May 26, 2016 6:18 am

Username: Shoe.

Name: Bourbon

Sexuality: Questioning

Personality: Multi-personality disorder. She likes to dress up and pretend to be someone else. She has no actual idea of who she really is. When she dresses as someone else, she becomes them. She says she is an actor, and aspires to be famous one day, but she is naive. Bourbon creates new characters almost daily. She has an ongoing identity crisis.

Theme song: Purity Ring - Saltkin

ImageImageImageImage

Her Main Costumes:

Wizard:
Wizards are full of tricks and mystique. When she takes on this role she is quite shifty and full of illusions (this includes lies!) Since she isn't a real wizard, she uses smoke bombs and mind-tricks. Bourbon uses her quick wit and cunning to steal from the pockets of her poor audience. The herbs around her neck are merely for decoration, what good wizard doesn't keep a small stash of magical plants? They are interchangeable, once the herb seems to have lost its appeal she changes it. Sometimes the herb is to keep her relaxed as the scent is so close to her nose, and sometimes it is so bitter she can't handle it.

Clown:
Clowns are humorous and hide behind a mask. As the clown she craves attention. Bourbon becomes loud and outgoing. She makes carefully planned out jokes to suit those around her. When they quiet down she forces a laugh from them. When she is not performing, she is playing. Her games are always full of pranks. This social butterfly leaps into the hearts of the unwilling, and melts those who adore her.

Doll:
Dolls are delicate and beautiful. While dolls usually don't move, Bourbon masquerades as a sweet doll. Her movements are subtle and gentle. She speaks with a softer voice. Her outfits are usually very dramatic, either over the top or very simple. As the doll she is very kind and charitable to others. She holds her tongue, never throwing her two cents in. Bourbon is easy to manipulate, her innocence shines through. She will usually be found in toy stores or at tea parties.

ImageImageImageImage

Why Is She This Way?: Growing up, Bourbon has been around many people. She has been shamed and lonely. She has seen things a child should not see, gone through with things that she should never have been exposed to. She later learned to morph her personality to fit those around her. If you're like them, they'll like you right? Wrong, but she is blinded by her own selfishness and need to fit in. Her first costume was, believe it or not, punk. She loved what it stood for and how the people that fit under this category acted. Soon after she gathered her own clique, she decided she needed more attention. Her characters grew more and more ridiculous, but she didn't care. She craved the love of all.

ImageImageImageImage
credits:
Shoe. - animation
micojards - divider
multipledinosaurs - clown art
----
word count [478/700]
art [2/3]
Last edited by Shoe. on Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:15 am, edited 14 times in total.
Im Shoe.!
I'm good at stuff

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
...............art by: PeanutButterRum
Shoe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me